It's been 2 months since last Dev Talk

• Was just talking about this to some guildmates and community members.

Don't mean to be a critic but SBI really lacks in the customer engagement department. They historically go long periods with little/no communication with their client base, and half the stuff in the NDA thread were implemented last patch, but the forum thread hasnt been updated since April 20 by @Retroman

Look SBI, we love your game. We also know your staff has at least or almost doubled in recent years. Can you please delegate someone to actively engage your players on a daily basis? Just updating the front webpage once a week does not suffice - you should be intentionally and consistently interacting with your playerbase, every day, or at least a few times a week.

I understand there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes - ranging from development cycles, testing iterations, to customer service things - but it's really not difficult or stressful on resources to simple engage your audience as much as possible.

It takes being intentional. Please try better.

Looking forward to hearing about upcoming changes and balances.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Georg51 wrote:

Was just talking about this to some guildmates and community members.

Don't mean to be a critic but SBI really lacks in the customer engagement department. They historically go long periods with little/no communication with their client base, and half the stuff in the NDA thread were implemented last patch, but the forum thread hasnt been updated since April 20 by @Retroman

Look SBI, we love your game. We also know your staff has at least or almost doubled in recent years. Can you please delegate someone to actively engage your players on a daily basis? Just updating the front webpage once a week does not suffice - you should be intentionally and consistently interacting with your playerbase, every day, or at least a few times a week.

I understand there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes - ranging from development cycles, testing iterations, to customer service things - but it's really not difficult or stressful on resources to simple engage your audience as much as possible.

It takes being intentional. Please try better.

Looking forward to hearing about upcoming changes and balances.
      Dude i agree you , i was play a lot of Online game,they doing combat balance every 2 week . But Albion combat balance is "random time"(base on Retroman). And they're doing sh1t adjustment , combat balance base on some pro player in CL or Cd , a lot weapons is over power in open maps ,but NDA not to nerf, same weapons is Underpower, but have pro player get great performance in CL so getting nerf from NDA (Nature in Hce people don't want . group dungeon hard working than holy. group heal Holy Staff have demon flash easy heal up group hp ).

But Albion NDA look like slow poker can make one weapons over power a year (like one Hand mace, Boardsword and others...) Why NDA too focus to nerf healer ? If you want counter healer in 5v5 just make whole dps weapons have passive skills doing damage to reduce healing -30% to -40% .
    • They had a poll to remove alliances a few years back that had emphatic results in favor of removing them and alas here we are more zergy than ever. Feedback is just that feedback they will still ultimately do what they think is best. Fast travel is never a terrible thing if they implement it correctly (they have to make sure it is not abused for mass transport of stored mats and have the channel long enough so it cannot avoid ongoing fights). Albion has way too many forced travel points and not enough current realm gates so anything to cut some unnecessary horse simulator is good. Gankers should have to hunt for kills not sit in forced travel paths all day to secure brainless kills. Again most of player death should happen from playing the game not simply trying to travel from point A to point B.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Tabor ().

• i don't know how exactly the new "Journey Back" ability works or even when really it works .... needs more info i think they explained it so briefly, but it make me worry a little
      i thought with all negative feedback they got, they don't do that ....
      Morgan, The one who wished to not die on earth
    • Hey, thanks for all the feedback. I've read this thread when it was originally posted, but wanted to wait until we're done with all the devtalks & trailers to write up a proper response.

As you may have noticed, the videos align with our update cycles, we do this for a couple of reasons:
      • building up hype right before the release of the update
      • managing player expectations - there can be content that is being worked on that changes drastically during the development or content that doesn't end up making it into the update at all

Of course the major downside to releasing videos in this way is periods of silence in-between the updates. In the future, we'd love to bring you earlier into the development process and let you see more behind the scenes - though please note it's not that easy to do so right now, with most of the staff working remotely due to the pandemic.

I hope that cleared up some things and if you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see more of, please let us know!