Faction Circle Capture Bug

• Faction Circle Capture Bug

I have no idea why this bug still exists in the game after several months. This is GAME BREAKING to faction warfare and so many people do this ALL THE TIME!!!

Fix the stupid exploit and start suspending / banning the idiots who keep doing it that are reported. You're literally ruining a game mode because of this bug that was created because of all the idiotic morons on grizzly mounts. Revert the damn thing back then if you can't fix the stupid thing. JUST DO SOMETHING FFS!
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online
    • Fix this stupid bug or start banning the idiots who are knowingly exploiting the faction outpost capture mechanic (all the morons on grizzly bears). I'll keep reporting these fuck heads every time. I'm doing my job, now do yours. You would think one would fix a game breaking bug / exploit (it really is more of an exploit) from a major patch before pushing out a new one. Guess that white board must have tons more important things though like joystick support right? Gimme a fucking break...
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online
    • When you capture the outpost and are waiting for the reinforcements to arrive (30 seconds is the timer), any enemy faction player can just step inside the circle dismount, mount and it bugs out the capture mechanic. Then it just is stuck in a state of limbo and you either wait it out which could take literally minutes (10+) or just get fed up, leave the area and someone (usually on a bear) just comes in and captures it again. This has been happening for literally MONTHS now, and many players know about this and abuse it. How come QA isn't even aware of this?

Another way of bugging it out is if you are in the circle waiting for reinforcements and a mounted enemy player goes inside the circle, if any faction member on your side attacks them, it also bugs it out. It would be nice to actually see a count down timer for the reinforcements as well. Normally it's 30 seconds if everything works out properly. I use the grizzly as an example because so many of these types of players use that mount when they abuse the capture mechanic. I can go out later flagged and I'll record a video of this happening in real time and post the link here to show you exactly what I mean. It won't be hard to do because so many players abuse the capture mechanic so it won't take me long at all.

Just try it on the live servers, not the test server or dev server... the actual live server. It happens all the time and it's game breaking...

The post was edited 5 times, last by Jerek ().

• @Amoebius76

Here, I reproduced the bug for you. Heck I even signed up for a 7 day trial so I could upload the whole video so there is 100% proof that:

1. Many players know about this bug / exploit (which it really is) and abuse it

2. It's long enough that you can't use the excuse that it just hasn't been 30 seconds.

3. It clearly shows after the circle was captured the reinforcements did not spawn even though the enemy faction players never actually dismount as they go through the capture circle.

My theory is this; whoever programmed this spaghetti code of a system screwed it up with Call to Arms Patch 8 (July 30, 2021) Specifically with the change mentioned in the notes about mounted players:

As someone who uses C# and Unity (the engine this game runs on), what I believe is that code added to stop mounted players from capturing the outpost actually screwed up the entire faction capture mechanic.

Here is the link to the video evidence proving this very bug. Now remember it's supposed to be 30 seconds after you capture the circle and no dismounted enemies are in it, the capture point should get reinforcements. You can also see my faction attack some of these bears which just bugged out the mechanic. The video is almost 4 minutes long... I'm sorry for being a bit annoyed and blunt but this crap has gone on for far too long and it literally is a game breaking bug when it comes to Faction Warfare.

Faction Outpost Capture Bug

Everything is documented now; it's up to you guys in QA to reproduce it properly and get this thing finally fixed!!! It's been almost a year...I would also suggest underneath the progress bar at the top that the developers add something to show players when reinforcements are actually going to show up. Here's a concept image I created to show you what I mean. A simple TextMeshPro on a UI canvas would easily be able to do this.

I hope this helps and I really hope you all get to the bottom of this bullshit.

The post was edited 7 times, last by Jerek ().

• Amoebius76 wrote:

Hey,

thanks for the all the information! I wasn't sure what the first report was about exactly, so I had to ask for some more details.^^

We will have a fix for this in the upcoming patch.
      Thanks a lot and your welcome @Amoebius76! This means so much to a lot of people including myself!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jerek ().

• TheSlayer wrote:

Jerek wrote:

I have no idea why this bug still exists in the game after several months.
      My guess would be (and is confirmed by the QA dude in this thread) thay as usual "everyone knows about" something broken with the game but not a single fucking person files an actual useful bug report about it.
      Looks liike you're right...I just haven't done tons of faction warfare myself lately. I didn't think it was as bad as it was, or that so many players even knew about this and abused the crap out of it. I'm just glad it's finally getting addressed.