I hate PvP.

• I hate PvP.

I saw a lot of posts with people getting somewhat triggered & getting defensive over the game. But sorry I really hate the PvP. I would appreciate if no one tells me to not play the game or it's not for me from them lashing out.

I feel like Dungeons don't give much sadly but i went to black zone only once, activated solo T7 maps and both times there were players, can't Devs give us a break? We're not all into PvP. Gathering above T5 encounters PvP, roaming above T5 encounters PvP, going "solo" dungeon encounters PvP, going corruption dungeon also PvP. For those obsessed with PvP it's fine because they like it.. but what about those who don't?

Why is the game only focused towards those who love PvP only? Can't those who don't like it also have a path for them too? It's literally been almost a week and I haven't gone past the yellow zones because other than that I suck at PvP & I really don't want to PvP players :/ I don't want to stop playing & I like the game, the mechanics in general, how almost everything is player-driven and how open the world is, although I would've appreciated more cute female costumes to wear, pets or mounts, it all feels like menacing costumes and mounts. The rabbit mount was cute.

I just feel like I'm losing interest. I like playing as a mage but apparently I've seen recent videos and searches that currently it's not good at PvP unless some form of ice mage which I'm not. Why do I have to play a build I don't enjoy? Like bows, claws or wtv? PvP is like 80% of the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HoneymoonDior ().

• HoneymoonDior wrote:

I saw a lot of posts with people getting somewhat triggered & getting defensive over the game. But sorry I really hate the PvP. I would appreciate if no one tells me to not play the game or it's not for me from them lashing out.

I feel like Dungeons don't give much sadly but i went to black zone only once, activated solo T7 maps and both times there were players, can't Devs give us a break? We're not all into PvP. Gathering above T5 encounters PvP, roaming above T5 encounters PvP, going "solo" dungeon encounters PvP, going corruption dungeon also PvP. For those obsessed with PvP it's fine because they like it.. but what about those who don't?

Why is the game only focused towards those who love PvP only? Can't those who don't like it also have a path for them too? It's literally been almost a week and I haven't gone past the yellow zones because other than that I suck at PvP & I really don't want to PvP players :/ I don't want to stop playing & I like the game, the mechanics in general, how almost everything is player-driven and how open the world is, although I would've appreciated more cute female costumes to wear, pets or mounts, it all feels like menacing costumes and mounts. The rabbit mount was cute.

I just feel like I'm losing interest. I like playing as a mage but apparently I've seen recent videos and searches that currently it's not good at PvP unless some form of ice mage which I'm not. Why do I have to play a build I don't enjoy? Like bows, claws or wtv? PvP is like 80% of the game.
      Take a break... if you don't like the way the game is designed then that's fine. No one forces you to play in an optimized way especially if you're playing by yourself. But if your not having fun because of the game design please do something else other than telling the people who enjoy what the game is about and the development team, that started from a Kickstart project and poured time and effort to make a Sandbox PvP oriented environment for people to enjoy.

Nobody likes to rage on forums because a small few number of people come to here to say they don't like it.
      We rage because that percentage chooses not to challenge themselves and instead write paragraphs on why the foundation of the game should change. That change would never happen easily and the game wouldn't grow it would die. There are zero quests, the PvE is mindless once you understand the mobs and their abilities. Albion would be a worse version of runescape at that point and no one wants that.

Kind regards,
      Fuhcew2
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

HoneymoonDior wrote:

Take a break... if you don't like the way the game is designed then that's fine. No one forces you to play in an optimized way especially if you're playing by yourself. But if your not having fun because of the game design please do something else other than telling the people who enjoy what the game is about and the development team, that started from a Kickstart project and poured time and effort to make a Sandbox PvP oriented environment for people to enjoy.
      Nobody likes to rage on forums because a small few number of people come to here to say they don't like it.
      We rage because that percentage chooses not to challenge themselves and instead write paragraphs on why the foundation of the game should change. That change would never happen easily and the game wouldn't grow it would die. There are zero quests, the PvE is mindless once you understand the mobs and their abilities. Albion would be a worse version of runescape at that point and no one wants that.

Kind regards,
      Fuhcew2
      The game is kinda forcing since everyone has to progress lol, but thanks for the consideration. this is my second time playing RPG (mmorpg) so I'm just kinda trying out. As for being alone, I'm in a guild, one of the tops kinda.. but there's barely any chat and it's only for zvz?

I'm having fun just not in certain areas. I can't even criticize a game I like because I want to continue playing it without being told I'm not challenging myself? I played CD, went into black zone twice and died by 4/3 players each, tried PvP, kinda only liked arenas.. I tried the recommended "bows" variations or wtv is meta now in PvP but it's not my playstyle.

I'm not trying to change the core of the game I was just suggesting an addition maybe, just a way? Some ppl just don't enjoy PvP & that's okay. Anyways I get it. This is a PvP game, there's no place for those who don't enjoy PvP or are bad at it..
    • HoneymoonDior wrote:

Fuhcew2 wrote:

HoneymoonDior wrote:

Take a break... if you don't like the way the game is designed then that's fine. No one forces you to play in an optimized way especially if you're playing by yourself. But if your not having fun because of the game design please do something else other than telling the people who enjoy what the game is about and the development team, that started from a Kickstart project and poured time and effort to make a Sandbox PvP oriented environment for people to enjoy.Nobody likes to rage on forums because a small few number of people come to here to say they don't like it.

Kind regards,
      Fuhcew2
      The game is kinda forcing since everyone has to progress lol, but thanks for the consideration. this is my second time playing RPG (mmorpg) so I'm just kinda trying out. As for being alone, I'm in a guild, one of the tops kinda.. but there's barely any chat and it's only for zvz?
      I'm having fun just not in certain areas. I can't even criticize a game I like because I want to continue playing it without being told I'm not challenging myself? I played CD, went into black zone twice and died by 4/3 players each, tried PvP, kinda only liked arenas.. I tried the recommended "bows" variations or wtv is meta now in PvP but it's not my playstyle.

I'm not trying to change the core of the game I was just suggesting an addition maybe, just a way? Some ppl just don't enjoy PvP & that's okay. Anyways I get it. This is a PvP game, there's no place for those who don't enjoy PvP or are bad at it..
      Find a better group of people that are willing to help you. You want to be a fire mage, that's great! Fire staffs are in a pretty good spot as a weapon choice.
      It will take some time to find them but being in a community that will support you and help you become better than being in a large one.
      Just because your not the best at fighting doesn't mean you can't be good at PvP.
      Player versus Player is a mental game, the escape artist who gathers in T8 zones.

Once you learn all of the mechanics and how you can escape PvP situations you'll be fine.

We all get ganked by that 10-15 man zerg squads.

Continue to try to have fun, but again if you're feeling frustrated, just take a break and come back and join us when you feel better and ready to go.
    • HoneymoonDior wrote:

Why is the game only focused towards those who love PvP only? Can't those who don't like it also have a path for them too? It's literally been almost a week and I haven't gone past the yellow zones because other than that I suck at PvP & I really don't want to PvP players I don't want to stop playing & I like the game, the mechanics in general, how almost everything is player-driven and how open the world is, although I would've appreciated more cute female costumes to wear, pets or mounts, it all feels like menacing costumes and mounts. The rabbit mount was cute.

I just feel like I'm losing interest. I like playing as a mage but apparently I've seen recent videos and searches that currently it's not good at PvP unless some form of ice mage which I'm not. Why do I have to play a build I don't enjoy? Like bows, claws or wtv? PvP is like 80% of the game
      I agree with you some time I feel same too much PVP
      just want to relax playing this game and doing something else like PVE or gathering
      I know a lot of guy say find team or group
      but if you someone who always play 15 minute and stop playing and then come back to play 15 minute
      U cant do that with team people annoy you
      I play with a group when i make sure i have time like hour or two hour
      But my problem is i always play just 15 minute so i just can go solo do PVE and gathering alone
      but everybody know solo in this game is hard in red zone or black zone people always come to kill u as group
      So i agree with him they should give us some space or some map for casual player like us to do
      To improve to T8 or even higher to fight them such as YELLOW zone T6 T7 T8 this is just some idea

For me casual player is a lot They should care
      We r not die hard player
      :thumbsup:
    • i see you are one of those players
      well when you compare this game to other traditional MMO
      such as lost arc, genshin impact, black desert online, WoW and new world

it realy feels like albion online does not have solo player friendly stuff to do
      and everything to get REWARDED need to have risk

this game has gone down very far the Risk vs reward path that its very systems are build upon PvP trashing gear

while i would like to see more things to do for solo players in the down time, this said activities should not be profitable to the point where it makes Risky activities worthless
      imagine completely safe content which gives as much silver as Blackzone open world content -- HCE ahem Ahem --
      The silver generation in pre nerf HCE was stupid back then when it was first introduced

back then silver was worth more as items was cheaper. farming HCE for pure silver drops assuming no wipes generated alot of silver.
      too much silver infact
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• @HoneymoonDior

First, do not come to ask for content that already exists just because you are frustrated.

Do you want 0 pvp and be able to play? perfect. All this with 0 risk:

- You can be a merchant, buy in one place and sell in a more expensive one.

- You can be a crafter.

- You can farm in blue and yellow zone (Even red today has almost 0 danger)

- You can make corrupt in yellow zone

- You can do hellgates in yellow zone

You can do almost all the content without any risk. Do you earn less? Obvious. Otherwise the economy has no meaning.

Stop crying because people like you make games shit.

Look at new world, it was going to be a game like albion but people started asking for pve and they tried to make a hybrid in which things were no longer lost.

They changed it so much that the game came out, everyone wanted to try it and 2 months later the game was dead. With a dead market without any sense.

Why would you farm and craft a weapon if no one lost theirs?

What sense would it make if you could farm 8.3 in the yellow zone? Do you know how much an 8.3 team would be worth? any.

Do you know who would fight for areas where that material could be farmed? No one.

Do you know who would do pvp or pve if you can buy an 8.3 at the start and not lose it? no one

Do you know how long it will take for the game to die? The same day

Albion has a perfect balance in relation to profit risk.

So if you don't like pvp you have many things to do but don't ask for changes, if you want changes go play WoW.

Stop killing innovative games
    • HoneymoonDior wrote:

As for being alone, I'm in a guild, one of the tops kinda.. but there's barely any chat and it's only for zvz?
      If a guilds lack of chat / community bothers you, find a new guild. Albion you can be doing literally nothing and have a good time if you're spending time with the right people.
      A lot of people do play the game primarily for economy and community. You can have a good time in Albion without PvP, as long you know what you value from the game.
      If you feel lonely when playing Albion, meet new people. It's a MMO, and not all but most people play this for social interaction.
    • Fuhcew2 wrote:

HoneymoonDior wrote:

Fuhcew2 wrote:

HoneymoonDior wrote:

Take a break... if you don't like the way the game is designed then that's fine. No one forces you to play in an optimized way especially if you're playing by yourself. But if your not having fun because of the game design please do something else other than telling the people who enjoy what the game is about and the development team, that started from a Kickstart project and poured time and effort to make a Sandbox PvP oriented environment for people to enjoy.Nobody likes to rage on forums because a small few number of people come to here to say they don't like it.We rage because that percentage chooses not to challenge themselves and instead write paragraphs on why the foundation of the game should change. That change would never happen easily and the game wouldn't grow it would die. There are zero quests, the PvE is mindless once you understand the mobs and their abilities. Albion would be a worse version of runescape at that point and no one wants that.

Kind regards,
      Fuhcew2
      The game is kinda forcing since everyone has to progress lol, but thanks for the consideration. this is my second time playing RPG (mmorpg) so I'm just kinda trying out. As for being alone, I'm in a guild, one of the tops kinda.. but there's barely any chat and it's only for zvz?I'm having fun just not in certain areas. I can't even criticize a game I like because I want to continue playing it without being told I'm not challenging myself? I played CD, went into black zone twice and died by 4/3 players each, tried PvP, kinda only liked arenas.. I tried the recommended "bows" variations or wtv is meta now in PvP but it's not my playstyle.

Find a better group of people that are willing to help you. You want to be a fire mage, that's great! Fire staffs are in a pretty good spot as a weapon choice.It will take some time to find them but being in a community that will support you and help you become better than being in a large one.
      Just because your not the best at fighting doesn't mean you can't be good at PvP.
      Player versus Player is a mental game, the escape artist who gathers in T8 zones.

Once you learn all of the mechanics and how you can escape PvP situations you'll be fine.

We all get ganked by that 10-15 man zerg squads.

Continue to try to have fun, but again if you're feeling frustrated, just take a break and come back and join us when you feel better and ready to go.
      Yea maybe joining a very top guild was a mistake? I don't know. Their activities are kinda really high-leveled and that includes zvz IPs requirements etc. Maybe a more friendly & talkative guild would help.

Although I don't like the PvP I still like the game so I'll continue playing. I appreciate you not lashing out:) have a good day!
    • OLDMANSTAND wrote:

HoneymoonDior wrote:

Why is the game only focused towards those who love PvP only? Can't those who don't like it also have a path for them too? It's literally been almost a week and I haven't gone past the yellow zones because other than that I suck at PvP & I really don't want to PvP players I don't want to stop playing & I like the game, the mechanics in general, how almost everything is player-driven and how open the world is, although I would've appreciated more cute female costumes to wear, pets or mounts, it all feels like menacing costumes and mounts. The rabbit mount was cute.

I just feel like I'm losing interest. I like playing as a mage but apparently I've seen recent videos and searches that currently it's not good at PvP unless some form of ice mage which I'm not. Why do I have to play a build I don't enjoy? Like bows, claws or wtv? PvP is like 80% of the game
      I agree with you some time I feel same too much PVPjust want to relax playing this game and doing something else like PVE or gathering
      I know a lot of guy say find team or group
      but if you someone who always play 15 minute and stop playing and then come back to play 15 minute
      U cant do that with team people annoy you
      I play with a group when i make sure i have time like hour or two hour
      But my problem is i always play just 15 minute so i just can go solo do PVE and gathering alone
      but everybody know solo in this game is hard in red zone or black zone people always come to kill u as group
      So i agree with him they should give us some space or some map for casual player like us to do
      To improve to T8 or even higher to fight them such as YELLOW zone T6 T7 T8 this is just some idea

For me casual player is a lot They should care
      We r not die hard player
      :thumbsup:
      I'm a girl lol but agree with you. I also play a lot of gathering just as a break but sometimes get knocked out, so red zones are probably worse. Just some way to improve without PvP would be nice
    • Hey there, some things I think you should consider
      - Don't really mind toxic players (in here or in-game) And yes, there are a lot out there, you have the right to express how you feel
      - Yes, the entire game it's focussed on PVP and seems like everything developers do it's toward that. It can ve frustrating at the beginning but you need yo make your peace with it.
      - Ask yourself if you enjoy the game enough to learn to stand the PVP while doing other content.
      - You are not alone. Try to find a guild with same interests (pve, fame, economy, etc) not just be in a "great guild" just becuse you must, it can be as small as it gets as long as you have a good time and get to do the content you like. You may as well play alone, but well, thats up to you
      - Maybe there it's some part in PVP that you can enjoy? Like supporting other players, or doing non lethal content, and try to look at it from a different perspective, like the competitive aspect of it.
      - Don't feel forced to go into full loot zones until you are ready, or deaths will be just way to frustrating, and yes, we all die ocacionally. You can try and establish your economy first playing mostly on yellow zones and other kind of safe content. Then you won't mind tue ocassional death and get better at avoid it, always taking what you wouldnt mind loosing
      - I can relate to your situación since I enjoy the game a lot but i'm not that good at PVP, altought have learned to not rejected it completely. Anyways if you like you can find me in game by Javclau, so we can help eachother.
      - Hope it helps and you can continue to enjoy the game on your on way
      Best regards
    • The_Support_God wrote:

i see you are one of those players
      well when you compare this game to other traditional MMO
      such as lost arc, genshin impact, black desert online, WoW and new world

it realy feels like albion online does not have solo player friendly stuff to do
      and everything to get REWARDED need to have risk

this game has gone down very far the Risk vs reward path that its very systems are build upon PvP trashing gear

while i would like to see more things to do for solo players in the down time, this said activities should not be profitable to the point where it makes Risky activities worthless
      imagine completely safe content which gives as much silver as Blackzone open world content -- HCE ahem Ahem --
      The silver generation in pre nerf HCE was stupid back then when it was first introduced

back then silver was worth more as items was cheaper. farming HCE for pure silver drops assuming no wipes generated alot of silver.
      too much silver infact
      you're one of those players that lash out and push new people away. I don't know any of those games you mentioned, only heard of WoW. I'm new to mmorpgs.

I didn't say any of what you mentioned? Risky activities should reward more that's only fair. I'm just saying to be fair towards those not liking PvP or don't want to do it. PvP can stay. There could be content where it's without PvP but could be very difficult but as rewarding? I'm not trying to take away something you love, I'm just trying to suggest something for people who don't like it.
    • Gacox wrote:

@HoneymoonDior

First, do not come to ask for content that already exists just because you are frustrated.

Do you want 0 pvp and be able to play? perfect. All this with 0 risk:

- You can be a merchant, buy in one place and sell in a more expensive one.

- You can be a crafter.

- You can farm in blue and yellow zone (Even red today has almost 0 danger)

- You can make corrupt in yellow zone

- You can do hellgates in yellow zone

You can do almost all the content without any risk. Do you earn less? Obvious. Otherwise the economy has no meaning.

Stop crying because people like you make games shit.

Look at new world, it was going to be a game like albion but people started asking for pve and they tried to make a hybrid in which things were no longer lost.

They changed it so much that the game came out, everyone wanted to try it and 2 months later the game was dead. With a dead market without any sense.

Why would you farm and craft a weapon if no one lost theirs?

What sense would it make if you could farm 8.3 in the yellow zone? Do you know how much an 8.3 team would be worth? any.

Do you know who would fight for areas where that material could be farmed? No one.

Do you know who would do pvp or pve if you can buy an 8.3 at the start and not lose it? no one

Do you know how long it will take for the game to die? The same day

Albion has a perfect balance in relation to profit risk.

So if you don't like pvp you have many things to do but don't ask for changes, if you want changes go play WoW.

Stop killing innovative games
      Your attitude is ugly. I would've rather not answer but all that you mentioned mostly needs PvP or ppl that at least like it. Don't be selfish and only want what's good for you or what you like. I'm not saying to remove PvP entirely. Merchant needs going from a city to a city knowing what to buy & sell. Crafter needs a lot of money. Farming without membership is very hard, it's almost at 10m today, and red zones are dangerous. Corrupt needs good PvP too. Hellgates needs team players, they're not going to stay for 20 rounds.

Complaining isn't crying just because I want something more from a game I like. The only one making the game like shit is ppl like you.

I'm not going to continue reading, it's pretty obvious you're a toxic person & probably a player.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HoneymoonDior ().

• Javier97 wrote:

Hey there, some things I think you should consider
      - Don't really mind toxic players (in here or in-game) And yes, there are a lot out there, you have the right to express how you feel
      - Yes, the entire game it's focussed on PVP and seems like everything developers do it's toward that. It can ve frustrating at the beginning but you need yo make your peace with it.
      - Ask yourself if you enjoy the game enough to learn to stand the PVP while doing other content.
      - You are not alone. Try to find a guild with same interests (pve, fame, economy, etc) not just be in a "great guild" just becuse you must, it can be as small as it gets as long as you have a good time and get to do the content you like. You may as well play alone, but well, thats up to you
      - Maybe there it's some part in PVP that you can enjoy? Like supporting other players, or doing non lethal content, and try to look at it from a different perspective, like the competitive aspect of it.
      - Don't feel forced to go into full loot zones until you are ready, or deaths will be just way to frustrating, and yes, we all die ocacionally. You can try and establish your economy first playing mostly on yellow zones and other kind of safe content. Then you won't mind tue ocassional death and get better at avoid it, always taking what you wouldnt mind loosing
      - I can relate to your situación since I enjoy the game a lot but i'm not that good at PVP, altought have learned to not rejected it completely. Anyways if you like you can find me in game by Javclau, so we can help eachother.
      - Hope it helps and you can continue to enjoy the game on your on way
      Best rregards
      I mostly ignore toxic players. Yes I kinda accepted that it's mainly just a PvP game but I still enjoy it so I'm planing to stay for now. Maybe finding a better smaller guild with same interests would help.
      And I do enjoy healing a lot lol :3 I started out as for mage, but also tried healing & it was fun. Although most of the mage build is what I started with so it's high specs and more familiarity but I kinda play healing whenever possible.
      I only stay mostly to blue and yellow zones, I only went first time to black zone because I saw a video that you could be invisible unless you interact with something, which I didn't but the invisibility still came off somehow.

It did help & it's kinda encouraging! Thank you.