Pinned Beware of Phishing Websites!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Beware of Phishing Websites!

Hey everyone,

You may have noticed an increased amount of spam in the game from players advertising bot selling websites or other services for Albion Online.

Please note that these websites are PHISHING WEBSITES, designed to steal your account information, to steal your Albion Online Account, and more if they can.

They usually have this in common:
      • a promise of a free trial of some sort of service - usually bots, radars, or other tools
      • Some sort of "you can make cash with our services" scheme
      • Some sort of promise to get gold/silver/items for free
      • redirection to a website that is not albiononline.com or to a discord server that will lead you to their website
      We have seen these messages distributed in the game and also on Discord. The goal of these fraudsters is to get you to log in to their website or download their "software", and by doing so provide them with credentials of your Albion Online account.

HERE IS WHAT WE ARE DOING:
      • We are always on the lookout for these messages and accounts to ban them
      • Your Albion Online account has an additional security step where - if logging in from a new device/IP - will require a verification code, which is sent to your email. In practice, this means that if fraudsters receive your Albion Online credentials, they will not be able to log in, unless they also have access to your email account or you provide them with the verification code. It is therefore important that you take some security measures:

HERE IS WHAT YOU CAN DO:
      • USE STRONG, UNIQUE PASSWORDS. DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD FOR EMAIL ACCOUNT AND YOU ONLINE ACCOUNTS - if one account gets compromised in such case, all accounts are at risk of being breached
      • IF YOU THINK YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN COMPROMISED - reach out to support@albiononline.com immediately to prevent further harm and receive help with reclaiming your account
      • Check publicly published email breach databases (such as https://haveibeenpwned.com). If your email is found there, make sure to change your passwords immediately!
      • Make use of security measures offered by your email provider, such as 2-factor authentication, for additional protection
      • Always carefully check the website address to ensure you are not logging into a malicious website, posing as an official website
      • You can look at your Albion Online verified devices and deauthorize devices you do not recognize or devices that are no longer in use
      • If you receive a message from a fraudster posting a malicious website, report them to us immediately - use the in-game report tool if you see them advertising in the chat. (right-click their name in chat -> report with keyword Phishing / advertising of bots / hacks / RMT)
      • Lastly, share the link to this announcement and security instructions with your friends and guildmates

Stay safe, and keep your account data safe!

Nesnes & Dev Team
    • On behalf of all players, thank You for taking care of this problem. I hope steps what you have made will help in avoiding those harmful websites and situations.

The worst thing is when owners of phishing websites just stay in the middle of city and spam messages about their website created to steal account, money or for RMT. However, I am convinced that it is only the matter of time before You find the best solution for this issue.

Stay safe SBI!
      New project, new team, new future. Join today - VaWoo#4097

Wiki? Oh, yea we've got sth - wiki.albiononline.com
    • A friend was somehow hacked and the guy is in his account as I'm writing this message. It would help a lot when you tried to log in to disconnect who is currently connected and not just a message that says that someone is already connected. He is frustrated because of this, hundreds of millions at risk because a system that let people still be logged in even when you change the password!

In this case can support help to track and give back items? It's literally hundreds of millions in items and silver in cash.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN

The post was edited 5 times, last by Neesh ().

• Neesh wrote:

A friend was somehow hacked and the guy is in his account as I'm writing this message. It would help a lot when you tried to log in to disconnect who is currently connected and not just a message that says that someone is already connected. He is frustrated because of this, hundreds of millions at risk because a system that let people still be logged in even when you change the password!

In this case can support help to track and give back items? It's literally hundreds of millions in items and silver in cash.
      I can't guarantee anything, but support does have the ability to track items and wealth movement. I am unsure if they compensate lost items during account breaches though.

His best bet would be to contact support@albiononline.com and provide as much detail as possible to help his ticket.

~ Friendly Neighborhood Wizard
    • ProfessorZee wrote:

Neesh wrote:

A friend was somehow hacked and the guy is in his account as I'm writing this message. It would help a lot when you tried to log in to disconnect who is currently connected and not just a message that says that someone is already connected. He is frustrated because of this, hundreds of millions at risk because a system that let people still be logged in even when you change the password!

I can't guarantee anything, but support does have the ability to track items and wealth movement. I am unsure if they compensate lost items during account breaches though.
      His best bet would be to contact support@albiononline.com and provide as much detail as possible to help his ticket.
      Those **** probably are going to sell that silver. He managed to log in but lost like 400m. At least is good that SBI makes threads to make awareness. But people who use malware to access other people's PC are IRL criminals, and to think people do that for a game. But honestly it's not compensate just giving back lol. The case is already on support hands.

• Neesh wrote:

ProfessorZee wrote:

Neesh wrote:

I can't guarantee anything, but support does have the ability to track items and wealth movement. I am unsure if they compensate lost items during account breaches though.His best bet would be to contact support@albiononline.com and provide as much detail as possible to help his ticket.
      Those **** probably are going to sell that silver. He managed to log in but lost like 400m. At least is good that SBI makes threads to make awareness. But people who use malware to access other people's PC are IRL criminals, and to think people do that for a game. But honestly it's not compensate just giving back lol. The case is already on support hands.

I agree, community awareness around this issue is certainly needed. These type of RMT / Phishing advertising bots pose a major risk to the player base as they are both extremely detrimental and pose a security risk to anyone who is curious enough to take a peak.

I also think we need more in-game moderation from Mods as these types of bots have begun plaguing major city banks and markets, and sometimes spam for hours before their accounts are sanctioned. It does appear that the Moderator team is currently recruiting due to a recent announcement, but I noticed they are specifically looking for non-English languages, while I am sure we need additional language support, I feel like we need a handful of additional English moderators to specifically combat these advertising bots in-game.

But, I am happy to hear his case has been forwarded to the Support team and I am sure they will investigate and handle accordingly.

• Hey, can someone somehow alert players about an ongoing scam (not sure if old or new). Scammers invite people to their prívate islands to buy something and then lock them in houses putting a bed at the door, telling them the only way to get out is /suicide, while victims don't know about /stuck. Also usually people who fall for this are not experienced players (or don't speak english, so they don't know how to properly report the scam
    • Javier97 wrote:

Hey, can someone somehow alert players about an ongoing scam (not sure if old or new). Scammers invite people to their prívate islands to buy something and then lock them in houses putting a bed at the door, telling them the only way to get out is /suicide, while victims don't know about /stuck. Also usually people who fall for this are not experienced players (or don't speak english, so they don't know how to properly report the scam
      Furniture exploiting is certainly against the TOS and should be reported, with evidence, directly to support@albiononline.com so the GM Team can investigate and sanction the accounts accordingly who are taking part in this scam.

But, I do agree that some sort of communication should be made about this type of scam as it is becoming a pretty frequent occurrence.

• ProfessorZee wrote:

Javier97 wrote:

Hey, can someone somehow alert players about an ongoing scam (not sure if old or new). Scammers invite people to their prívate islands to buy something and then lock them in houses putting a bed at the door, telling them the only way to get out is /suicide, while victims don't know about /stuck. Also usually people who fall for this are not experienced players (or don't speak english, so they don't know how to properly report the scam
      Furniture exploiting is certainly against the TOS and should be reported, with evidence, directly to support@albiononline.com so the GM Team can investigate and sanction the accounts accordingly who are taking part in this scam.
      But, I do agree that some sort of communication should be made about this type of scam as it is becoming a pretty frequent occurrence.
      Support answer was "We only can advise to change your password". So the guys who logged in and traded all just got away with it, without any sanction or investigation at ALL. And while it's our responsibility to keep our devices clean without malware, and in this case that was what happened, it is still surprising not even trying to check what happened with over 400m. My bet is that silver is going to be sold soon, but since there is no investigation, it demonstrates that hackers can get their way without any punishment.

So a good advice is: take care of your stuff because you're on your own, even if you're a paying costumer like my friend (skins, etc).

The post was edited 3 times, last by Neesh ().

• MythicDragon wrote:

I have been seeing a great increase in the amount of bots spamming messages like this.

If you feel as though you have encountered someone breaking the Albion ToS or Chat Rules, feel free to report them directly to Support by right clicking their name in chat -> Report (and a brief explanation of the report)

Chat Mods do their best to handle spam and chat violations as they occur, but they aren't always available or might be doing something else in-game.

• rosmi wrote:

Good afternoon, I have been blocked for a week due to identity verification, 7 days ago I sent the requested information and I still have not received any response from support, it seems unfair to me to have to wait so long for my account to be returned to me when I have not done anything, My award is going to run out and no one gives me an answer. Please someone help me.
      The Support Team can only be contacted through support@albiononline.com or through the ticket system linked to your account.

Unfortunately, you will need to await an answer from the support team when it comes to any issue with your account. No one on the forums will be able to assist you.