Does Bloodletter Execute Damage need nerfing?

• Does Bloodletter Execute Damage need nerfing?

idk man, its honestly ridiculous how even low spec bloodletters can deal so much damage with execute. Its no wonder why 50% of the game's population uses bloodletter. And before anyone calls me salty, i was a bloodletter main myself before i got bored of it.

The low skill cap, ridiculous damage, and superb functionality just makes this weapon super broken. My suggestion: reduce either the damage from execute or make its execute only viable from 25% health onwards.

Devs, yall gotta take a look at rebalancing this weapon.
    • Sorutkan wrote:

Bloodletter def needs a nerf but I feel like it will be also a nerf to solo open world gameplay for solo players.. Its the only rat weapon that can make you live in bz's solo
      there needs to be a trade off. Double bladed staff is a good example. Great mobility but hits like a wet noodle -> trade off between mobility and offensive power.

1h mace-> also a broken weapon, but doesnt deal very good damage, tradeoff for excellent mobility and cc.

then there is our protagonist, Mr Bloodletter -> combining the best of offense and mobility, the BL is highly mobile yet deals insane amount of damage, more than 1h mace and double bladed staff combined. In terms of mobility, its just slightly behind the two. Therefore, there seems to be no trade off. What is the disadvantage of running bloodletter? Almost none.

Honestly, every solo player should be playing bloodletter if not for the fact that its so boring and low skill cap. I played bloodletter for a good year before i couldnt stand it anymore.
    • solventh wrote:

bloodletter haters should understand this: if you nerf all the popular weapons like that, what are you gonna choose? oathbreakers?

stop talking shit about every popular weapon.

bL is not only used for pvp.
      Oathbreakers, Staff of balance, or carrion caller. Why not? nerf this weapon, then buff other weapons.

Look at swords, it's being nerved like literally more than daggers. The nerf is because there are sword haters? XD
    • Brock_Less_Ice wrote:

solventh wrote:

bloodletter haters should understand this: if you nerf all the popular weapons like that, what are you gonna choose? oathbreakers?

Oathbreakers, Staff of balance, or carrion caller. Why not? nerf this weapon, then buff other weapons.
      Look at swords, it's being nerved like literally more than daggers. The nerf is because there are sword haters? XD
      people even cried about claymore's dmg when its easily dodgeable :D but when it comes to daggers everything is fine for them
      kıvırcık saçlı kızlar ve trinity spear oynayan erkekler 2. sınıf vatandaştır
    • An execution weapon shall be an execution weapon.

I suggest this:

- If E hits a target with 20% or lower health (example value) it makes dmg equal to the target's current hp (basically insta kill), otherwise it makes some slight dmg
      Maybe adding a slight cast time (like 0.3 sec) to the skill
      War Gloves supremacy
    • Fabrizziou wrote:

Maybe adding a slight cast time (like 0.3 sec) to the skill
      From my personal experience with MOBA combat (about 2 thousand hours in Battlerite and Dota combined, and ~3 thousand more in Albion), anything at 0.3s or below even with the most moderate ping becomes unreactable.
      If you want your enemies to be able to dodge only while employing their immense concentration with a mix of anticipation, a window from 0.4s to 0.45s is perfect.
      Anything above 0.6s is easily reactable and is just a question of whether you have the right tools or cooldowns to evade something.

I even made a thread attempting to address these issues some time ago.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hattenhair ().

• solventh wrote:

There is a BIG difference between a weapon that is popular because it is fun to play and has great outplay potential but high skill ceiling, and a weapon that is popular because it is simply broken and extremely easy to use. Bloodletter falls into the latter category.
    • Hattenhair wrote:

From my personal experience with MOBA combat (about 2 thousand hours in Battlerite and Dota combined, and ~3 thousand more in Albion), anything at 0.3s or below even with the most moderate ping becomes unreactable.
      If you want your enemies to be able to dodge only while employing their immense concentration with a mix of anticipation, a window from 0.4s to 0.45s is perfect.
      Anything above 0.6s is easily reactable and is just a question of whether you have the right tools or cooldowns to evade something.

I even made a thread attempting to address these issues some time ago.
      20% hp execution and cast time are example values, I just put the idea on the table

Anyway thx for the explanation dude
      War Gloves supremacy
    • solventh wrote:

any dmg nerf or adjoustment isn't going to kill the weapon for gathering or escape builds
      The main content for BL is open world pvp, it's less seen in corrupteds and gladly it isn't part of that toxic meta

solventh wrote:

you cant even notice swords were being buffed in general in the last 3-6 six months
      Agree.
      When I started in this game the state of sword was as the "poopiest" tree in the game, that changed with the stack buff and later patches at the point of SBI keep trying to get clarent blade into the meta, gala pair is a bomb as expected, bsword and claymore top options for 1's and 2's, a versatile sword for open world and an ava weapon that has less bugs than before, ofc they get nerfs according to their op lvl but overall I see a better weapon line than it was in my first days.
      War Gloves supremacy

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fabrizziou ().

• solventh wrote:

you never know about that. bL W dash was once with like 12 secs with omelette and 11-12 mt. ppl kept blaming bL and thats how that spell got nerfed into today's.
      Q/W issues are common to all daggers, not only BL.
      Daggers has "decent to mediocre" mobility with Q and W nowadays, the issue on BL is the E

ngl I seen last nerf to W5 on daggers as a nosense
      War Gloves supremacy
    • I would not say that BL is OP, but it is annoying ngl. If enemy team have bloodletter it feels like you're playing with only 60% of your HP. Maybe they should rework it and instead of deleting people with 40% HP, it would apply bleed DOT that will quickly(1s-2,5s), but not instantly deal same amount of damage. Maybe they could add healing debuff while using it on target below 40% HP, so it wouldn't be pure nerf. That way the identity of BL could be kept and even better it would finnaly live up to its name (Bloodletter duh).
    • I never scared to go as 8.3 bloodletter to small scale avalon pvp's, we win most of time just because of the execution after the realmbreaker debuff. What if we lose? I just run ... This thing is just OP. If anyone says balanced to BL you can be sure he is just a little loser whos stuck the unskilled rat weapon.

You do zvz, a random bloodletter comes and kill-loot you and run away easily..
      you do group dungeon a random bloodletter comes with invisibility potion and kills one and run away
      you win the trade, bloodletter resets
      you fight someone, a random bloodletter executes both of you in a blink time

There were people who said balanced for black hands, look what happened? Black hands used to be 8.3 killer with 200k cost sets but there were people still saying blackhands are balanced. This thing is just making the game worst, stop defending this weapon just for your own rant.
      kıvırcık saçlı kızlar ve trinity spear oynayan erkekler 2. sınıf vatandaştır