Sbi wtf you have against solo players?

• Jean_Helius wrote:

We don't have any fight advantage since you guys nerf every build good against multiple people
      You must be refering to bloodlust+reflect combo... Yeah, that was strong, spear+merc+hunter = double reflect + healing at the same time :thumbup:

Jean_Helius wrote:

we can't have any open world chest, or spider or any other stuff cause groups will appear and take it from you.
      Small chests are definetly in reach of solo players, I myself open these quite often. Spider solo - rather imposible, maybe with 1h dagger..., not every content is for solo, man, accept this

Jean_Helius wrote:

Seriously, we don't have PvE buffs, from the guild challenge
      Worth to consider...
    • Just saw the new dev talk...

Can't wait for all of these apes who told you that you are wrong to see how bad they are when there are no more solo players to 20v1...

The mists will save this game, and finally, bring a skill ceiling to pvp. when monkey diving anything with a group will no longer work
    • It's unrealistic as a solo player to expect as much/as profitable content as groups. That said, it is incredibly frustrating to see group sizes continually increasing for trivial content, further reducing the chances of solo players 1vX or even simply escaping. It's caused by an arms race of group N+1 beating group N = they bring N+2 next time and this cycle continues, unfortunately leaving solo players as collateral damage.

No issues with these groups having more opportunities and profits, but when it starts cutting into solo player's ability to simply experience low-tier BZ content I do have a problem. Especially when it's either a swarm of bad players looking to make up for their inadequacies OR players so hellbent on "winning" they're happy to forsake individual agency and profit, all for insurance of not losing (which is pretty sad considering the low tier sets these groups run)

End of the day for a lot of people it's less about the grouping as it is about not being subject to CTA spam/pressure and being a slave to constantly sitting in a Discord channel while playing. A lot of us have jobs with significant amount of meetings, client interactions, etc. and we'd much rather throw on some music and play rather than hear yet another angry voice, especially from some egotistical shotcaller.

Hopefully the Mists will resolve these concerns for good!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Druhran ().

• Stormlord wrote:

The Mists will get farmed

there is already a ton of guilds who have inside intel from the round table
      because mists/road should not have HO ^^
      it should be CONTENT place for small scale not zerg fiesta....

if it's like they say, no name/guild/ally tags, no party, no mounts, no home option in new mist city it could work.
    • Quagga wrote:

Stormlord wrote:

because mists/road should not have HO ^^ it should be CONTENT place for small scale not zerg fiesta....

if it's like they say, no name/guild/ally tags, no party, no mounts, no home option in new mist city it could work.
      that's the current plan..

Original plans i mostly understand and like ..

But now comes RT and mega guilds lobby.

Imagine a place where rare things are and you cannot rent it out..or Zerg it down .

Horrible - because with that every pvp player or even solo gatherer PvE players will stop bend knee...

If it is implemented like this, this is the end of the mega and slave empires..

So not gonna happen.

Large alliances will soften it at RT
    • Stormlord wrote:

Probably. I quit playing, well 3 of us quit playing. I was the last to quit and I took a long break before coming back in june. All of us paid subscriptions and ended up quitting due to the way the roads are. One of us found this game and investigated it, and though roads were for small group content. It's just small group content is 25 or less in the current environment (hyperbole but even so not that far off the mark)I came back once expect the mists to be released in the june(?) patch. Fair enough, not ready yet. The problem i have is that I don't have 20 people to log in at one time in a coordinated manner with in order to play. I tried playing and same story. 5-15 vs 1 consistently. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to even log in on a non premium account to see if it turns out like that. I believe I read somewhere (and I could be wrong) that most people are doing solo activities and that the number of people doing solo activities was highest in the yellow zone. I can say as a solo player who went into the black zone, red zone, and on the roads I could make a lot of profit. However, the number of times I was jumped and placed in a no winning situation was higher than the profits over time.

I think there is the potential to lose or gain a larger player base as well as a larger number of paid subs with this update. This popped in my recommendations because I used to watch equart which is the only way I know of it and decided to read on it. After I stopped logging in, I stopped watching twitch streamers. I subbed to a couple of twitch streams, equart and nausk. Those subs stopped too. I'm not going to be a punching bag for large groups entertainment. I enjoy the game mechanics, but not enough deal with the environment. If it's the same old story, no money for SBI and no money for content creators.

I wonder how many people lured in by the 5th anniversary bash have stopped logging in for the same reasons. I know it was packed in the red zone and yellow zones during the 5th anniversary. Seeing those numbers would be interesting.

Yes yes, i know join a guild noob that is part of a 2k person alliance so you have 30 people to roam with that you all call on discord and the phone, coordinate a schedule, and get online at the same time, get gud, blah blah blah.
    • For new player yes, it's hard and can seems unplayable as solo. Yes, when you are killed by a big group without being able to use any spell it is frustrating.

But honestly with some experience, the current state of the game is very playable for solo.
      - Try different maps : some are empty most of the time - some are always full of gankers.
      - Try to adapt to the timezone : depending of the time of the day, some content/maps are more deadly, some are very good.
      - Try different gear : some are very good at escaping if you use them correctly.
      - When you decide to take a fight, there are some ways to guess if more people will come to help your target or not, so use them.
      - If you don't have much experience, just bring a very cheap gear (you can make millions with a proper flat 4 gear with no cape)
      - Don't be mad about dying, it will happens sometimes anyway. And the more you will die, the more experience you will have (analyse the other options you had)
      - If today is not the day, then maybe come back tomorrow ;)

Overall the current state of the game is decent for solo if you consider that Albion is an sandbox MMO. Plus yeah... the mists are coming !

Even if sometimes i wish I could use these power cores even if I don't have an hideout (or few other things), we cannot complain as solo player to not have access to group content

The post was edited 1 time, last by Laem ().

• If i recommend to noob players - new ones that want to go black

Avoid portal and connected zones go instantly deep black and do there what u want to do..

How u do? Go at a royal zone through roads and find a deep black exit..deep black is much more safe as light black..