Tomes of Gathering (Concerns and Suggestion)

• Economy
    • Tomes of Gathering (Concerns and Suggestion)

Hi

After seeing the Dev Talk: 2022 Roadmap, I'm worried, so I am writing this thread.

It's about 'Tomes of Gathering'.

I have questions first, since there was no detailed explanation for 'Tomes of Gathering'.

1. Is 'Tomes of Gathering' a Tomes of Insight that can get Gathering Fame?

2. Is 'Tomes of Gathering' tradable?

If the answer to the above two questions is yes, I suggest canceling the addition of 'Tomes of Gathering'.

Here's why:
      1. If we can buy Gathering Fame with silver, the value of the resource that are the basis of the Albion economy will drop significantly.
      2. So the Albion economy could fall into severe deflation.
      3. People will no longer gather to increase their Gathering fame (People will try to make money from other content, because gathering is quite tedious and difficult).
      4. People who want to gather will only look for very few enchantment resources or big node resources, and only a few fields will be crowded.
      5. Accordingly, field fights will also decrease, and Albion's core content will disappear.
    • We dont know how much exp a gather tome yield and we dont know how much time you need to put into gathering to fill a tome.

I think sbi is trying to get a deflation of items higher than tier 6 , because they wish to soften the impact of dead on players and bring the average tier level up because a death on high tier gear destroy more resources than a low tier death, fueling the economy and supporting gathering of low and mid tier mats.
      The increasing amount of high tier resources will also raise the demand of low resources because you need those to make useful crafting mats out of the raw materials.

So low mat prices will slightly raise mid tier resources will probably become the bottleneck and higher tier mats will drop in value.

People will still gather because gathering fame is secondary you gather first for the resources and the profit that comes with it. Running around only looking for enhanced ressources is a incredibly bad gathering strategy, every second you run around looking for mats and not gathering you lower your profit per hour.

If you find gathering tedious and difficult you probably not investing in gather tomes at all
      If less people gather and more people want to skill up with tomes, the tome price will be a great deal of income to people who still gather.
    • daklajakld wrote:

We dont know how much exp a gather tome yield and we dont know how much time you need to put into gathering to fill a tome.

I think sbi is trying to get a deflation of items higher than tier 6 , because they wish to soften the impact of dead on players and bring the average tier level up because a death on high tier gear destroy more resources than a low tier death, fueling the economy and supporting gathering of low and mid tier mats.
      The increasing amount of high tier resources will also raise the demand of low resources because you need those to make useful crafting mats out of the raw materials.

So low mat prices will slightly raise mid tier resources will probably become the bottleneck and higher tier mats will drop in value.

People will still gather because gathering fame is secondary you gather first for the resources and the profit that comes with it. Running around only looking for enhanced ressources is a incredibly bad gathering strategy, every second you run around looking for mats and not gathering you lower your profit per hour.

If you find gathering tedious and difficult you probably not investing in gather tomes at all
      If less people gather and more people want to skill up with tomes, the tome price will be a great deal of income to people who still gather.
      get the gathering fame(skilledness) is not secondary.
      It's very closely related to collecting resources themselves.
      This is because the amount of resources that can be collected per hour increases.

Resources will overflow due to 'Tomes of Gathering'. And the value of the resource will continue to decline.

This will have another side effect if Albion's management touches the amount of resources it generates to prevent falling value.

Eventually, if the value of resources continues to fall, it will have a negative impact on the overall Albion economy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by happyHL ().

• happyHL wrote:

Hi

After seeing the Dev Talk: 2022 Roadmap, I'm worried, so I am writing this thread.

I have questions first, since there was no detailed explanation for 'Tomes of Gathering'.

If the answer to the above two questions is yes, I suggest canceling the addition of 'Tomes of Gathering'.

Here's why:
      1. If we can buy Gathering Fame with silver, the value of the resource that are the basis of the Albion economy will drop significantly.
      3. People will no longer gather to increase their Gathering fame (People will try to make money from other content, because gathering is quite tedious and difficult).
      4. People who want to gather will only look for very few enchantment resources or big node resources, and only a few fields will be crowded.
      5. Accordingly, field fights will also decrease, and Albion's core content will disappear.
      I'm all for not having these and having satchels of gathering instead. However remove the tomes of insight then as well since they drop like candy in the open world, and you get so much fame now they aren't even needed anymore...Btw Albion's core content I'd say is ZvZ's and not 10vs1 ganking a solo gatherer...
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online
    • I have same worries as the author. As for now gathering is somehow "unique" compared to combat content because, except premium, you don't have ANY way to get gathering fame faster. With that, PvP oriented players don't even try or want to gather, so there is very limited number of gatherers, so despite the fact that resources are now worth much less than 1-2y ago, people still have some nice income from gathering. If you will have a chance to buy a tome which will give you gathering fame, the potential number of gatherers will increase even few times, because it's easier to just buy a tool and sometimes get some T7/T8 than grind your way to be able to use such tool. It will lead to massively overwhelming numbers of resources in market which will lead to even bigger price drop.

It's just my opinion and you can agree or disagree with me, just don't hate me for it.
      G-R-C-T Guild Master
      Gatherer-Refiner-Crafter-Trader
      -----------------------------------------------
      Fiber Gethering T8 | Ore Gathering T8 | Wood Gathering T8 | Hide Gathering T8 | Stone Gathering T8
    • Jerek wrote:

happyHL wrote:

Hi

Here's why:
      I'm all for not having these and having satchels of gathering instead. However remove the tomes of insight then as well since they drop like candy in the open world, and you get so much fame now they aren't even needed anymore...Btw Albion's core content I'd say is ZvZ's and not 10vs1 ganking a solo gatherer...
      In fact, the most important content is Albion's economic system.

The gear needed for ZVZ is also available in the market.

Tomes of Gathering is a patch that can shake the Albion economic system.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

I think your worries are overstated. It's not gonna be cheap to tome your way up to T8 gatherer. Also I highly suspect that the cost of higher tier resources is a supply issue rather than a labor issue, limited by the respawn rate rather than the number of gatherers.
      I don't think my concern is overstated.

As much as the cost is high to achieve anything, the return is also great.
      That's why there's a virtuous cycle in which many people want to take time and effort to achieve the hard things and are satisfied with the great benefits of achieving them.

If SBI lower the entry barrier and make the depth of the game lighter with Tomes of Gathering,
      Many users will enjoy the game lightly and leave soon.
      This is a chronic dilemma in the game world.

Anyway, I think a lot of games that I've experienced were satisfied with a lot of users when the games were deep.

SBI wants a lot of new users and seems to want to maximize profits by increasing the number of silver demand and increasing the amount of gold purchases.

However, I think the economic system, which is the basis of the Albion game system, could fall into chaos.
      It may not be, but it's a very, very important patch because there's a possibility that it could be.

Nevertheless, in the roadmap, it was just one word.
      I'm even more angry here.
      It's ridiculous to end such an important patch in one word.

The post was edited 1 time, last by happyHL ().

• Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

I think your worries are overstated. It's not gonna be cheap to tome your way up to T8 gatherer. Also I highly suspect that the cost of higher tier resources is a supply issue rather than a labor issue, limited by the respawn rate rather than the number of gatherers.
      Couldn't agree more.

To fix the "economy" crash they can just reduce the resources that spawn and boom problem solved.

Leveling your gathering up is a huge pain even with learning points. Letting players reach it faster is nice, my only concern is that this is something rich players will do instead of new players trying to specialize in something.
    • What about the thousands of players who have put in the hundreds of hours needed to level the gear? Urgh... I gathered most days.... chipping away at it and leveling the gear. I haven't gathered a thing since this bit of news. What's the point?
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

What about the thousands of players who have put in the hundreds of hours needed to level the gear? Urgh... I gathered most days.... chipping away at it and leveling the gear. I haven't gathered a thing since this bit of news. What's the point?
      I do understand that this will make you feel like you "lost" progress/value, but your are basicly saying that others should suffer with leveling because you did...
    • TheRoadExplorer wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

What about the thousands of players who have put in the hundreds of hours needed to level the gear? Urgh... I gathered most days.... chipping away at it and leveling the gear. I haven't gathered a thing since this bit of news. What's the point?
      I do understand that this will make you feel like you "lost" progress/value, but your are basicly saying that others should suffer with leveling because you did...
      I wouldn't describe it as "suffering" though. I quite enjoyed it and liked the progress I've been making. It felt like there was some accomplishment to having decent spec in the one aspect of the game that can't be "bought".
    • Interesting. I have fears this could drastically reduce resource costs and have a significant impact on refining, crafting, etc.
      Gathering has always been a niche with a long time investment and this will create a huge supply without any additional demand.

Although this will not inflate the amount of resources able to be gathered, it will drastically increase the amount of people trying to compete for higher tier resources.

We shall see how this turns out overall but I definitely have some concerns.

~ Friendly Neighborhood Wizard
    • honestly the supply will not increase as much as you might think because supply is limited by respawn rate and to my knowledge most T6-8 resources do not get their full stacks because someone will always harvest them

the increase in supply due to spec is not as large as you might think because it takes time get specs
      even with books getting spec is hard
      gathering is one of those things where you have to dedicate so much time and the reward is even less than crafting specs

we have to see how the gathering gear changes play out in the next large update
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

Good I hope you keep not gathering so there's more nodes for me. I've wanted gathering tomes for years and I've been here since alpha. To each their own I guess but being upset about something silly like this just shows you have very little of a backbone. You're the same type of player who complains when an MMO that's been out for years has a boost with the new expansion so it can get new players and veteran's players friends into the game. My buddy started to play this game after years of me trying to convince him and he is enjoying it a lot. Do you honestly think a new player is even going to be able to afford to just buy all these tomes and level up to your level? Maybe if they have a CC and thousands of dollars... All those hours you put in is still useful. Gathering gear is getting reworked later this year for instance....Like for real some of you players are just the biggest bunch of babies it's pathetic. It's no wonder so many game developers never talk on the forums because they would have to deal with folks such as yourself.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jerek ().

• Jerek wrote:

To each their own I guess but being upset about something silly like this just shows you have very little of a backbone.

Jerek wrote:

Like for real some of you players are just the biggest bunch of babies it's pathetic. It's no wonder so many game developers never talk on the forums because they would have to deal with folks such as yourself.
      To each their own I guess but being upset about something silly like this just shows you have very little of a backbone
    • with the increase of 20 LPs to 30 and the addition of resource icons in the map. gathering has become just a side tool now.

"most of the pvp'ers started to gather the resources themselves." most gatherers have also started to use pvp gear.

"the grind has gone, it s too easy to become t8."

classical solo gathering is nearly impossible on resource icons.

long term results in one word: "disaster."