Dev Talk: 2022 Roadmap

• The whole solo v group debate never makes much sense to me. I don't think anybody is really arguing there should only be one or the other. Solo content is cool because it appeals to different gaming wants. Playing in a group PVP environment can be intense. Being able to chill doing some dungs, mini-games, farming, gathering etc is what separates Albion from the likes of LoL. I am a bit of a jack of all trades and like chopping and changing between lots of different types of gear. I'd be happy leveling them but I'm essentially encountering the same 3 mob types. It just feels a bit static and makes me think about using Tomes rather than leveling in the game. If you are going to make a leveling system based primarily on grinding PvE content I think it is incumbent on the devs to make a good variety of said PvE content.

If they introduced some new dungeons that only spawned in the outlands and spawned some cool items, that alone would encourage a lot of solo and pve Andys into the black zone. (Make them have no closing timer to bring back some dung diving as well)
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Everything sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to this year's updates... apart from one, GATHERING TOMES! I hope this doesn't come into the game
      they want more gatherer in the game. lving up a gatherer spec take too much time and its not worth at al in profit. u can rat in corrupted dungeon and earn more silver than a full t8 gatherer. the resources is limited by its respawns no matter how many gahterer there is. i dont think its that bad. but some restriction to not boost it.. like only can use when u has unlocked the first level of spec. the first lv is the most important.
    • Quagga wrote:

YeSer wrote:

lving up a gatherer spec take too much time and its not worth at al in profit
      ??? In fame week, if you have LP, you can easily do T4 -> T8.... In less than a week.
      a week to lv up t4 to t8 ..one gatherer.. in the fame week i can farm 1 day a 700 spec.. compared it. its fast than before but not that much fast u know. what i mean ..and u have to wait the fame week and the lp.. its like 1 month lp to lv up t4 to t8.
    • Kotikozavr1 wrote:

I can repeat my question: do you really think this game is better than best AAA games for solo players? I think main thing in MMORPG game is cooperative content
      Of course AO is better than any single player game for special type of players (e.g. for killers in terms of Bartle player types).
      Main thing in MMORPG is a lot of other players at the same time in the same world with global player progress, it is not about cooperative content.
    • Rokov wrote:

Kotikozavr1 wrote:

I can repeat my question: do you really think this game is better than best AAA games for solo players? I think main thing in MMORPG game is cooperative content
      Of course AO is better than any single player game for special type of players (e.g. for killers in terms of Bartle player types).Main thing in MMORPG is a lot of other players at the same time in the same world with global player progress, it is not about cooperative content.
      Do you mean solo ganker? Do you really think its possible? You cant catch someone solo if he dont have lag or AFK. I only died vs solo ganker once in 2 years I been playing here. I was new and didnt know how to play and I had 700 item power.
    • very well let them work on the quality of the current content rather than spamming poor quality content. The same mistake GGG made with POE... for years they were pumping out content that was always problems with... Finally they listened to the community and the last league is a big success.
    • Kotikozavr1 wrote:

Jerek wrote:

Kotikozavr1 wrote:

Very bad announcement. Not so bad as previous update with elite levels, but still bad. I like this game but I see as you are trying to kill this game.

Do you know what sandbox game is? As far as I know, sandbox is when player can choose what to do. But you make more and more events that force player to do what he must to do in order to get good reward. This is no longer sandbox game. Of course, you dont must to make exactly sandbox game. But for not sandbox game, you will need lot of fun quests and lot of other content.

Do you really think your game is better than best AAA games for solo players? I think main thing in your game is cooperative content. But you are trying to make MMORPG for solo players.

Also I dont like ROA but you want to up this. But this is just my opinion of course. I hope you will change your plans (but I understand there is high chance you will not change).
      Last time I checked an MMO meant massive multiplayer online. I know WoW came along and made soloing in MMOs some weird standard for some of you neckbeards, but not everyone agrees or likes this. I'm all for adding more solo content to make the game accessible which is what they are actually doing. You would have never survived in this game back in 2016/2017...What's your beef with elite levels? It was for veteran players in the update since Lands Awakened was geared in a lot of ways for newer players. Not the devs fault you can't seem to get an economy going...that's on YOU. Stop wasting your time ganking T4 shitters and actually put some work into making money since it's very easy to get in this game. Find a niche that fits your play style and roll with it. Not a very hard concept now is it? Are you anti social? Then seek some help for that and make some friends.
      I can repeat my question: do you really think this game is better than best AAA games for solo players? If not, why lot of solo players will come here? I think main thing in MMORPG game is cooperative content
      Now about elite levels. This is bad because new players are very weak now vs old players. Old players can often just oneshot new players, even if new player donates and buys best equipment he can use (4,3 for example). Do you think he will continue to play after that or just leave this game? Also they did delete dungeons from statics (IDK why). So now game is worse than before elite levels update. If we believe Steam statistic, after elite levels update, game lost about 50% of online. Im not sure if game will survive another failed update. And as I said I like this game and I want to keep it.
      These comments might be a bit dated now since the new video came out and I suggest you watch it if you haven't already. I will still answer your questions though below.

Question 1: The fact that this game was originally a Kickstarter project made by a small group of about 20 or so German developers and it can go toe to toe and slaughter a 200+ million AAA funded game from Amazon says a lot. This game was NEVER intended to be a solo player experience. Why you would choose an indie MMORPG game over a AAA single player game like The Witcher and expect the indie game to be a better experience for you solo? I'll never understand why solo players (in an MMORPG) think they deserve to play an entire game and get all the best stuff without ever even having to interact with another human being. They already have games like that with way better graphics and stories that are geared towards a single player. Solo players will still come to this game to check out the world, the combat. While they do this they may end up making friends, joining a guild or being part of an alliance and that may change their entire perspective...I've also been ganked in 1500 gear by a small band of lower IP players in the 900-1100 IP range and had my stuff stolen by them. They used good tactics and had snergy between their abilities to outmatch me and I lost. Many veteran players don't always roll around in the "best gear" btw either since you die a lot in this game. If the solo player has any common sense they will realize they were outmatched (usually by having low spec in their gear) and will work towards fixing that issue. The Lands Update made this combat grind so much easier it's not even funny. If you can't spec out a playstyle in this game over a few weeks of playtime then you're clearly doing something VERY WRONG. At that point I would suggest leaving since this game clearly isn't for you since you're probably just part of the instant gratification crowd that has been plaguing gaming for many years now. This game is a sandbox, not a theme park, and there are very few sandbox games that are actually decent in this genre. Sandbox games also tend to require more grind then theme park games do. If you aren't willing to put in the work, then you are just wasting your time in this game.

Question 2: I like many others have supported this game for many years. Why shouldn't the veteran players get something to reward their time in game? It's not like a new player isn't going to become a veteran if they put the work into it. Elite specs also cost a shit ton of silver (especially the weapons) and you'll only increase your power by a very small IP increase. I still ZvZ and don't have my weapon at elite spec and I don't feel forced to grind out the 45 million combat credits and 15 million silver to max it out. Old players can one shot new players...sure if you watch the click bait youtubers who roll around in 8.3 gear in the royal zones fighting against 700ish IP players then absolutely they will stomp them. Does a level 60 player in classic wow destroy a level 10 player? Every single time....Btw MANY players that play this game don't use Steam because the original account can't be tied to your steam account so your argument about Steam statistics is irrelevant. Steam doesn't account for the mobile players and I'd say more then 50% of players in Albion use the original launcher provided by SBI and not through Steam. Not everyone and their mother uses Steam. Many do yes, but not EVERYONE... This game has and will survive and has only grown over the years. If you don't like how it's going then there are plenty of other solo friendly games out there that will suit your need to be anti social. Furthermore, you have an entire new solo friendly area called the Mists of Avalon coming out later in the year so I don't know what else to say on that matter. You can also do a lot of the content solo if you so desire such as dungeons (try challenging yourself by soloing a group dungeon) and faction warfare. If you think the black zone should be solo friendly well no offense but that's not what the black zone is about and will never be.

Thinking you'll have a fair fight in the black zone is the same as these idiot Redditor "Legion" fighters going to Ukraine to fight against Russia and then complain that it isn't a fair fight...I personally feel they shouldn't even allow a player under 1200 IP to even enter in the black zone in the first place. This area is basically the "end game" portion of AO.

PS: Do yourself a favour and stop watching those idiot youtubers like SwoleBenji and Equart because they will GET YOU NOWHERE in this game except feeling upset and inferior.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online

The post was edited 10 times, last by Jerek ().

• Jerek wrote:

I personally feel they shouldn't even allow a player under 1200 IP to even enter in the black zone in the first place. This area is basically the "end game" portion of AO.
      I agree with almost everything you have to say. But, this specific attitude is just cancer in this game. The BZ is for anyone who wants to accept risks and get larger rewards. Gatekeeping it as "end game" is one of the reasons it is so hard to get new players into the content. They have people telling them they have no business being there.

If you are new, and want to be good at the game. You should head to the BZ and start your death parade early. Don't be the guy living in the YZ for 2 years. Afraid to risk T4 gear in the BZ.
      ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
      (not to be eaten!)
    • Piddle wrote:

Jerek wrote:

I personally feel they shouldn't even allow a player under 1200 IP to even enter in the black zone in the first place. This area is basically the "end game" portion of AO.
      I agree with almost everything you have to say. But, this specific attitude is just cancer in this game. The BZ is for anyone who wants to accept risks and get larger rewards. Gatekeeping it as "end game" is one of the reasons it is so hard to get new players into the content. They have people telling them they have no business being there.
      If you are new, and want to be good at the game. You should head to the BZ and start your death parade early. Don't be the guy living in the YZ for 2 years. Afraid to risk T4 gear in the B
      Ya you have a point for sure. I know the devs are trying hard to help new players too in upcoming updates with the features in the game. Perhaps when those drop it'll be good. I was just thinking those newer players who go in too early and then get absolutely destroyed and then never bother going in or quitting the game entirely because they don't understand the politics of that zone. I'm sure many did quit when Queen update launched and you had camping, death squads of 20+ gankers just waiting for victims at the portals. With those new city outposts coming that'll probably help out at least.
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion 2016 Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt.... Self proclaimed hater of Slayaahata aka SyndicLite aka Simp King of Albion Online
    • Lands awaken has been a BIG quality of life improvement

and honestly some more polish is needed in certain areas before this game can reach its final polished state
      then only we can focus on getting the devs to create new content

remember this is no AAA gaming company the likes of Riot or grinding gear or amazon. there is no Pay element where the devs makes big income out of us
      this is a small company which lives to see this potential of a game grow and develop

honestly if they double their team size and introduce some paid cosmetic to supliment their income like Riot games to balance it out
      we maybe see a faster speed of development for the game

instead they are going for larger audiences with mobile and console development currently which leaves us PC players abit dry because content comes slowly
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • MeisterCaio wrote:

i miss new stuff.
      all i read is "more rewardable", "improvement of" and "rework"
      old players will not come back because of those stuff. unmotivated players are not suddenly hyped because of some improvements and some reworked parts.
      Quite the contrary, actually. I want QoL, Balance, and reworks of redundant content much more than I would want new content. As every moment the focus is on new content, everything else becomes pointless due to overlooked balancing and economic issues.
      It's not common for SBI to fuck it up so nothing but the new content works well after its introduction, and the fixes? They come in very late.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • For the Arcane staff I hope they swap out some of the ridiculously niche utility on W for some separate builds.

Would love to see Arcane move from influencing enemy energy to working based on their own energy.

Energy shields (that actually based absorption or duration on energy), damage based on missing mana (less mana, more damage), abilities that boost cast speed and mana costs.

More damage at high mana output, but weaker shielding. Or good shielding, but weaker damage. Or a slow flow from one to the other.

It could also make it a weapon type that actually really benefits from the Eye of Secrets
    • Jerek wrote:

Kotikozavr1 wrote:

Jerek wrote:

Kotikozavr1 wrote:

Very bad announcement. Not so bad as previous update with elite levels, but still bad. I like this game but I see as you are trying to kill this game.

Do you know what sandbox game is? As far as I know, sandbox is when player can choose what to do. But you make more and more events that force player to do what he must to do in order to get good reward. This is no longer sandbox game. Of course, you dont must to make exactly sandbox game. But for not sandbox game, you will need lot of fun quests and lot of other content.

Do you really think your game is better than best AAA games for solo players? I think main thing in your game is cooperative content. But you are trying to make MMORPG for solo players.

Also I dont like ROA but you want to up this. But this is just my opinion of course. I hope you will change your plans (but I understand there is high chance you will not change).
      Last time I checked an MMO meant massive multiplayer online. I know WoW came along and made soloing in MMOs some weird standard for some of you neckbeards, but not everyone agrees or likes this. I'm all for adding more solo content to make the game accessible which is what they are actually doing. You would have never survived in this game back in 2016/2017...What's your beef with elite levels? It was for veteran players in the update since Lands Awakened was geared in a lot of ways for newer players. Not the devs fault you can't seem to get an economy going...that's on YOU. Stop wasting your time ganking T4 shitters and actually put some work into making money since it's very easy to get in this game. Find a niche that fits your play style and roll with it. Not a very hard concept now is it? Are you anti social? Then seek some help for that and make some friends.
      I can repeat my question: do you really think this game is better than best AAA games for solo players? If not, why lot of solo players will come here? I think main thing in MMORPG game is cooperative contentNow about elite levels. This is bad because new players are very weak now vs old players. Old players can often just oneshot new players, even if new player donates and buys best equipment he can use (4,3 for example). Do you think he will continue to play after that or just leave this game? Also they did delete dungeons from statics (IDK why). So now game is worse than before elite levels update. If we believe Steam statistic, after elite levels update, game lost about 50% of online. Im not sure if game will survive another failed update. And as I said I like this game and I want to keep it.
      These comments might be a bit dated now since the new video came out and I suggest you watch it if you haven't already. I will still answer your questions though below.
      Question 1: The fact that this game was originally a Kickstarter project made by a small group of about 20 or so German developers and it can go toe to toe and slaughter a 200+ million AAA funded game from Amazon says a lot. This game was NEVER intended to be a solo player experience. Why you would choose an indie MMORPG game over a AAA single player game like The Witcher and expect the indie game to be a better experience for you solo? I'll never understand why solo players (in an MMORPG) think they deserve to play an entire game and get all the best stuff without ever even having to interact with another human being. They already have games like that with way better graphics and stories that are geared towards a single player. Solo players will still come to this game to check out the world, the combat. While they do this they may end up making friends, joining a guild or being part of an alliance and that may change their entire perspective...I've also been ganked in 1500 gear by a small band of lower IP players in the 900-1100 IP range and had my stuff stolen by them. They used good tactics and had snergy between their abilities to outmatch me and I lost. Many veteran players don't always roll around in the "best gear" btw either since you die a lot in this game. If the solo player has any common sense they will realize they were outmatched (usually by having low spec in their gear) and will work towards fixing that issue. The Lands Update made this combat grind so much easier it's not even funny. If you can't spec out a playstyle in this game over a few weeks of playtime then you're clearly doing something VERY WRONG. At that point I would suggest leaving since this game clearly isn't for you since you're probably just part of the instant gratification crowd that has been plaguing gaming for many years now. This game is a sandbox, not a theme park, and there are very few sandbox games that are actually decent in this genre. Sandbox games also tend to require more grind then theme park games do. If you aren't willing to put in the work, then you are just wasting your time in this game.

Question 2: I like many others have supported this game for many years. Why shouldn't the veteran players get something to reward their time in game? It's not like a new player isn't going to become a veteran if they put the work into it. Elite specs also cost a shit ton of silver (especially the weapons) and you'll only increase your power by a very small IP increase. I still ZvZ and don't have my weapon at elite spec and I don't feel forced to grind out the 45 million combat credits and 15 million silver to max it out. Old players can one shot new players...sure if you watch the click bait youtubers who roll around in 8.3 gear in the royal zones fighting against 700ish IP players then absolutely they will stomp them. Does a level 60 player in classic wow destroy a level 10 player? Every single time....Btw MANY players that play this game don't use Steam because the original account can't be tied to your steam account so your argument about Steam statistics is irrelevant. Steam doesn't account for the mobile players and I'd say more then 50% of players in Albion use the original launcher provided by SBI and not through Steam. Not everyone and their mother uses Steam. Many do yes, but not EVERYONE... This game has and will survive and has only grown over the years. If you don't like how it's going then there are plenty of other solo friendly games out there that will suit your need to be anti social. Furthermore, you have an entire new solo friendly area called the Mists of Avalon coming out later in the year so I don't know what else to say on that matter. You can also do a lot of the content solo if you so desire such as dungeons (try challenging yourself by soloing a group dungeon) and faction warfare. If you think the black zone should be solo friendly well no offense but that's not what the black zone is about and will never be.

Thinking you'll have a fair fight in the black zone is the same as these idiot Redditor "Legion" fighters going to Ukraine to fight against Russia and then complain that it isn't a fair fight...I personally feel they shouldn't even allow a player under 1200 IP to even enter in the black zone in the first place. This area is basically the "end game" portion of AO.

PS: Do yourself a favour and stop watching those idiot youtubers like SwoleBenji and Equart because they will GET YOU NOWHERE in this game except feeling upset and inferior.
      What? Did you read my message? I wrote: "I think main thing in MMORPG game is cooperative content". And so I dont understand why they been adding new content only for solo players for about year now.

I was not talking about 8,3 vs 4,0. Even player with items of same level can oneshot.

And what new video do you mean? Where can I find it?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kotikozavr1 ().