Town Portal - QoL Suggestion (-> see new thread)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jean_Helius wrote:

Oshien wrote:

Jean_Helius wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Jean_Helius wrote:

WAT? black market is an npc buying things and sending back to the world to be sold again and again and again till it break. My idea is one npc buying things for 30% of the value and breaking it !!!
    Who exactly gives the black market money to buy things?
    I know only too well how the BM works. And the BM generates silver ... its not a silver sink.Your idea has some merit as you could actually use these merchants to also popluate the loot tables much as the BM does ... this wouldnt be a bad thing.However ... my whole point was that you stating that your 'merchant' idea is a silver sink, is completely wrong ... which you seemed to have trouble understanding..... hopefully ive now enlightened you why youre wrong. Youre welcome.
    Sure arrogant old man, you have any post explaining the black market mechanic and formulas or you are here just to feel superior without presenting anything useful?
    He may be arrogant and hell he may be old... but neither make him wrong. The BM, silver bags, treasures and ground silver are the primary silver faucets in the game. A NPC that buys items would also be a faucet and not a sink.
    this does not make my idea bad, this merchant would still be better to Albion economy than selling those items on the black market.All those posts only to say is not a silver sink, sure ok i can accept that, still a good idea, bye.
    Problems would arise on how you would determine the value of the item. And then why would anyone use it for 30%?
    Don't go away mad, just go away...
  • Oshien wrote:

Jean_Helius wrote:

Oshien wrote:

Jean_Helius wrote:

Midgard wrote:

Jean_Helius wrote:

WAT? black market is an npc buying things and sending back to the world to be sold again and again and again till it break. My idea is one npc buying things for 30% of the value and breaking it !!!
    Who exactly gives the black market money to buy things?
    I know only too well how the BM works. And the BM generates silver ... its not a silver sink.Your idea has some merit as you could actually use these merchants to also popluate the loot tables much as the BM does ... this wouldnt be a bad thing.However ... my whole point was that you stating that your 'merchant' idea is a silver sink, is completely wrong ... which you seemed to have trouble understanding..... hopefully ive now enlightened you why youre wrong. Youre welcome.
    Sure arrogant old man, you have any post explaining the black market mechanic and formulas or you are here just to feel superior without presenting anything useful?
    He may be arrogant and hell he may be old... but neither make him wrong. The BM, silver bags, treasures and ground silver are the primary silver faucets in the game. A NPC that buys items would also be a faucet and not a sink.
    this does not make my idea bad, this merchant would still be better to Albion economy than selling those items on the black market.All those posts only to say is not a silver sink, sure ok i can accept that, still a good idea, bye.
    Problems would arise on how you would determine the value of the item. And then why would anyone use it for 30%?
    30% is just an example, can be variable, this is something only devs can determine to find the equilibrium, not me a player without access to all their data.
    I would be happy even with 10%,
    They could give us even some fame books instead of silver.

Edit: how would I determine the value of the item? they could use the average estimated value from the last 2 months to determine the item value. again just an example. if this is too complicated, they could use the "item value" already in every item and pay a certain amount based on that.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jean_Helius ().

• Don't sink Albion when he's getting better. Spend energy from DEVs creating RAIDS and new dungeons with new themes other than Morgana, Zombies and Heretics

This fast-travel offer is horrible. Take New World as an example, this will kill the game's economy and make Black even emptier.
  • my 2 cents:

don't make a direct teleport from open world to base.
    there is a reason why people are trying to get silver/gold so they can put a hideout in the black zone in a decent location. it's because they are closer to valuable materials
    to do so they already have to risk themselves every day by
    gathering ,
    pve,
    zvz,
    etc~
    if we are talking about "time waste" in traveling i would say a few other things could be handy.
    1) the roads approach in the open world speed buffs throughout the map that make traveling a lot faster (but also create hotspots for ganking)
    2) allow permanent hideout binding don't make going trough a realm gate reset your "home" the amount of hours i have wasted traveling between city and hideout on a t3 horse because i just did an ava or zvz away from home is a way bigger issue.
    3) if you want to make teleporting to the base possible why not make it a spawn in the open world just like chests they would be announced in the map they are in , have a time they go live & a channeling duration before you can use them.
    that way at least there is a risk vs reward on using this ability. hiding in a corner of the map for 3 minutes is not a good alternative to running home trough 5+ zones.
    ign: tride

Try whatever tricks you want. I’ll just straight up kill you and resolve the issue once and for all.
  • Dinfall wrote:

Don't sink Albion when he's getting better. Spend energy from DEVs creating RAIDS and new dungeons with new themes other than Morgana, Zombies and Heretics

This fast-travel offer is horrible. Take New World as an example, this will kill the game's economy and make Black even emptier.
    New World economy was trashed because gear had no value not because of fast travel. Gear needs to trash for a healthy economy. This is one thing Albion did extremely well.
  • Tabor wrote:

Dinfall wrote:

Don't sink Albion when he's getting better. Spend energy from DEVs creating RAIDS and new dungeons with new themes other than Morgana, Zombies and Heretics

New World economy was trashed because gear had no value not because of fast travel. Gear needs to trash for a healthy economy. This is one thing Albion did extremely well.

With fast travel, less items will trash and more resources will hit the market.
  • Make this feature work only to and from Rests. Pros: trade and vendors in Rests will flourish, new players will have fast access to BZ, old players will have more newbies to kill, market wont be highly affected.

As a more game friendly experience, i would suggest to randomize every reset or so the quality and the tier of the zones, meaning that the handholding s**t will somehow be under control, also no recourses monopoly. I dont know if it is feasible technically but might bring some fresh air into the game, which is really stagnant right now. Also, remove alliances.
  • Jean_Helius wrote:

Quagga wrote:

They added a teleport, hah community opinions don't matter though.
    Most players don't even know about this forum., this is just a bunch of old players who don't want to see Albion changing. Everything that makes Albion more friendly for new players is a win in my opinion, i hope this will eventually increase the "community".
    RISK = REWARD, RISK fcking REWARD imo I don't care if someone has a hard time, if I can adapt everyone can.

Prepare for even less resources, even less mobs and even less loot.

more is not always better.

I'm sick of this "NEW PLAYERS" argument, let's start giving away 500m silver to start because of new players. lmao
  • This is a terrible idea to me, im a lazy players and i hate walking back a lot of maps but objecively speaking.

You go out, gather and recall, if being chased try to go into a road and channel.

idk to me there is more negatives than positives to this

EDIT: maybe make that the ability is usable only if you are at 0% weight so that people who gather 24/7 still have to bring stuff back from hideouts or open world chests
  • The more i think about it the more i believe that the negatives outweight the positives.

If i gather for 2 hours now then i still have to make the trip back which leaves to open world interactions.

Korn wrote:

Hence, it has 0 impact on Albion's local economy or the importance of transport.
    It does have impact to economy tho, you will be able to skip all the maps on the way with gathering loot+the loot from dungeons or chests.
    now gathering resources don't trash(i believe) but items do and if all the items i get from chests and other stuff or if i kill a player doing a transport i can just teleport back

this feature will reduce open world interactions for sure.
    that's my opnion as a black zone player

EDIT: as a friend of mine said that feature could be used just like the bank recover from hideouts. if you want to use that feature to go back you pay some silver based on what you carry, just like the hideout recovery

The post was edited 2 times, last by LiucK ().

• Here are a few scenarios where i think this is the worst idea I have heard for Albion to date:

scenario 1:
    Person A and B have a hideout in a central blackzone

person A fills their inventory to the brimm with gather materials and zones out of the hideout
    person B waits there (person B has come all the way from town)

person A suicides
    person B loots and teleports to town.

Scenario 2:
    Large scale ZvZ fight in the central zones
    Gear up for ratting zvz loot, fill your inventory teleport back to town.... (THERE WILL BE SO MANY RATS....)

Scenario 3:

Gank group goes out to gank

one person at a time loots and teleports to town when full.

This feature is a POINT of no return, this pushes the line in the sand towards carebare in a fullloot pvp game, EVERY change like this will push the boundry closer to complete carebare gaming. Please please please reconsider and don't do this.
  • Akuti wrote:

Here are a few scenarios where i think this is the worst idea I have heard for Albion to date:

scenario 1:
    Person A and B have a hideout in a central blackzone

person A fills their inventory to the brimm with gather materials and zones out of the hideout
    person B waits there (person B has come all the way from town)

person A suicides
    person B loots and teleports to town.

Scenario 2:
    Large scale ZvZ fight in the central zones
    Gear up for ratting zvz loot, fill your inventory teleport back to town.... (THERE WILL BE SO MANY RATS....)

Scenario 3:

Gank group goes out to gank

one person at a time loots and teleports to town when full.

This feature is a POINT of no return, this pushes the line in the sand towards carebare in a fullloot pvp game, EVERY change like this will push the boundry closer to complete carebare gaming. Please please please reconsider and don't do this.
    Hey there,

Our main goal with this feature is to have more ganking but less camping. As stated in the op - to stop large groups of gankers camping entrances to catch (often newer) players on the way back to town. We want ganking to be dynamic and happen in the open world and not in front of entrances. We want to bring more people into the Outlands overall, which will lead to more ganking opportunities in general, while at the same time being a nerf to camping.

When it comes to camping though, note that it will still work on people transporting stuff from A to B - as they will not be able to use the teleport to do so (see OP for explanation).

With regards to your scenarios:

Scenario 1 triggers a 30% trash rate of all items in the inventory. That is simply not worth it as the risk-weighted cost of transport is much lower than that.

Scenario 2: ZvZ ratting is something we'll tackle. In addition to that, the mechanic we are working on will be restricted in ZvZ situations. (details to follow)

Scenario 3: that would indeed work. However, gank groups rarely get ganked themselves on the way back to town right now. In general, gank groups are usually very good at avoiding being counter-ganked. The net safety gain for gank groups from this feature is going to be extremely small.
  • Korn wrote:

Scenario 1 triggers a 30% trash rate of all items in the inventory. That is simply not worth it as the risk-weighted cost of transport is much lower than that.
    Only 30% and I could save ~10 trips to town... Definitely worth it to some of us. Should implement a transport contract system.

Korn wrote:

Scenario 2: ZvZ ratting is something we'll tackle. In addition to that, the mechanic we are working on won't work in ZvZ situations.
    I don't think you will. Rats in zvz's are so bad they are queueing out fighters. Good luck on that without a full stop, loot a body and you can't teleport.

Korn wrote:

Scenario 3: that would indeed work. However, gank groups rarely get ganked themselves on the way back to town right now. The net safety gain for gank groups from this feature is going to be extremely small.
    I feel like this change will push our gankers towards the portals more. Less foot traffic in the other zones for roaming groups.