Town Portal - QoL Suggestion (-> see new thread)

• So we are casting teleport back to the city for 20 seconds and then we just get killed because someone spotted us?
    Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
  • YeSer wrote:

Craft profit is higher than 30% why will they not exploit?

And if you restrict use the transport after lot corpopse. its only used for gatherer or dungeon farmer , then ganker instead camp the road where gatherer back they will directly camp t8map or some where people do the activities and no one will be posibles to their game. Gatherer will not fight back if he kill the ganker ,he cant even loot if he loot he is restricted to tp back.
    People who supply a lot of gear from the Outlands to the royals do not ganked anywhere near 30% of the time, as they have very good strategies in place. Hence, for them it is not profitable to accept a 30% trash rate for this. Even a totally new player probably has an average "chance of getting killed on the way back" of less than 30%.
  • You could do it bluezone / yellowzone since there is no risk anyways.

I dont think its good idea for Redzone / blackzone. Takes the thrill out of it. Long channell doesnt matter, all you would have to donis go hide in the corner of the map.

If you this does get added at least make it so you cant teleport when over 50% weight capacity. And make the chanel cancel mount so your weight capacity is highly reduced.
    In-game Name: BlueCollarNerd
    Guild: Dreki Warriors ( No Tax, Noob Friendly)
    Send friend request for Guild invite, Partys, Arena
  • What if, instead of a button to push, there were gold portals that would open sometimes in the places with SRDs. Then a single player can ride through that portal to be taken back to "home". That seems a lot more organic and while not perfect, less conducive to shenanigans.

It's not what you are trying to do giving people a pseudo hearthstone, but its in line with that, just more in spirit with AO.
    ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
    (not to be eaten!)
  • The port home may be a bit to aggressive but they absolutely do need to focus on cutting down travel time in BZ. Risk isn't even what keeps most people away it is the time sink of riding simulator of 20 minutes to get to x zone and another 20 minutes to get back or more. In this age of gaming that is just way to much. More time playing content is needed and less time traveling.

Other solutions as already mentioned is add more realm gates and better spread them out (the current 3 all clustered together makes little sense). Allow naked fast travel to Rest cities. Zergs are going to find ways to mass wherever they want whether you have these travel inconveniences or not.
  • Hard pass on a town portal ability. The game feels huge, you should have to actively travel to where you want to go to farm and travel back with your gains. There is already a fast travel in place to town. Type /suicide and back to home you go.
    Don't go away mad, just go away...
  • The only way I could see something like this as being acceptable, again, is to make the feature a usable item that charges silver on use based on the weight and relative value of items in the inventory and equipped. Pretty much like the travel planner.
    If the primary goal of this is to get players to venture out into the black zones more often than the risk you were taking away needs to be offset by some sort of cost
    Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
  • Georg51 wrote:

The only way I could see something like this as being acceptable, again, is to make the feature a usable item that charges silver on use based on the weight and relative value of items in the inventory and equipped. Pretty much like the travel planner.
    If the primary goal of this is to get players to venture out into the black zones more often than the risk you were taking away needs to be offset by some sort of cost
    I'd personally say they need to make the gathered resources the risk more than the baseline gear.

Right now, if you want to gather efficiently, you're wearing 250k-600k worth of gear to gather ~100-200k worth of resources.

So really, most newer players are going to wear awful gear and an awful mount with just a good tool and die after some arduous gathering. The travel was slow because the mount was terrible. The gathering was bad due to the efficiency of gear and reduced carry capacity of not wearing the gathering backpack, and the time to reward still seems low as it's slow and your chance of death went up from bad gear and mount.

And, if you can afford gathering gear, it's not good for combat. And if you're alone, you are easily ganked by sheer numbers making it just a total chance as to whether you keep the gear.

You are a prime target for easy cash even before you've gathered anything and that's a big part of the issue imo. There's never a bad time to kill a gatherer. There's never a risk to killing a gatherer. Killing a gatherer is always a win, with a chance of some resources as a bonus
  • Whoever is suggesting /suicide I don't know are they trolling or retarded as fuckkkk...
    Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
  • Korn wrote:

YeSer wrote:

Craft profit is higher than 30% why will they not exploit?

And if you restrict use the transport after lot corpopse. its only used for gatherer or dungeon farmer , then ganker instead camp the road where gatherer back they will directly camp t8map or some where people do the activities and no one will be posibles to their game. Gatherer will not fight back if he kill the ganker ,he cant even loot if he loot he is restricted to tp back.
    People who supply a lot of gear from the Outlands to the royals do not ganked anywhere near 30% of the time, as they have very good strategies in place. Hence, for them it is not profitable to accept a 30% trash rate for this. Even a totally new player probably has an average "chance of getting killed on the way back" of less than 30%.
    there player prefer overcharge 10 time before die to break their item before they die. u think they care if its worth more or less? with the basic math its does profit. 0 risky . faster traver with a swiftclaw then a ox to transport tong of load. when u want transport something to city back u have to take a aditional travel to carry ur weitgh mount to the ho then with your set to fitgh and call a party for friend to do scout. with this feature they just need do one travel with a fast mount and then they can back with a mamoth load back to save zone. why they will not exploit it?

for example when arch was in R3 ppl sell their items for 70%of the total cost in the ho and to player. with 2 human think people witll chose a securate way to travel paying 30% than a rist of 20% to lose all.

The post was edited 2 times, last by YeSer ().

• horrible idea, saddens me to read the paths that SBI intends to take the game!

if you want to better populate the outland, better distruibua the 3 portals of each lock!

I'm going to be nice here and attach an image to give up this madness,
    Images
    • ap.jpg

47.82 kB, 474×266, viewed 173 times
  • ThreeToMidnight wrote:

just a terrible idea, so we can have 1 person outside the zerg combat looting millions and they can BAM teleport back to town??
    They said this “Town Portal” feature can not be used if they looted a corpse, enter a hideout or rest, or use an outlands chest.

As I suggested above twice now, this idea can be viable but not without some considerable costs and limitations added to it.
    Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
  • Georg51 wrote:

They said this “Town Portal” feature can not be used if they looted a corpse, enter a hideout or rest, or use an outlands chest.
    As I suggested above twice now, this idea can be viable but not without some considerable costs and limitations added to it.
    They said the opposite of this. 4th bullet point.

And suicide is an option because of that, and because resources don't drop 30% in all/any zones anymore. So trash rate doesn't stop resource transpo. Or anything without durability. As far as I understand it.

I could be wrong. I know they removed resource drop on knock down.
    ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
    (not to be eaten!)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Georg51 wrote:

ThreeToMidnight wrote:

just a terrible idea, so we can have 1 person outside the zerg combat looting millions and they can BAM teleport back to town??
    > The ability is not lost if you pick up loot from a loot chest or from killed players.
  • The roads are already great for cutting down travel times.
    You could adapt them and add direct roads from Bz -> Bz maps. That way once you're out there there are more opportunities to get deeper/into further maps, and more ways to move multiple maps at once without having to play queue simulator with multiple roads portals.
    Arcane shill

Looking for a job with labourers? https://discord.gg/Av8apcsCZP
  • I love the idea, one of the reasons of why I stopped playing albion is that after a sesion of roaming even if I had barely any loot and was a bit deep in the bz I had to do a 15 to 20min walk to the city to refill foods,books, etc. Or if I was deep into the roads/blackzone and one of my guildmates wanted to do hellgates, ava roads or whatever they had to wait for me between 10 and in the worst case scenario around 25 mins (If I got chased by gankers, I could not find a decent ava road to go back to the city, etc.) It really sucks when you have to stand in the middle of the city checking your phone while waiting for someone that can't find a ava road to the royals or when you can't do a certain activity beacuse a group of friends is deep in the black zone and they don´t want to do the tedious walk home after barely being out there or getting any loot.
    Another example, lets say you have a nice 5 man squad going and your healer/tank has to go and you don't have anyone that can fill the role in the spot, instead of doing a walk of shame back to the royals and risking being chased by another proper 5 man group you just tp to the city, swap gears, remake the composition or just switch content.
    IMO this will make sesions shorter, more dinamic,and ALOT less tedious.
    And if its easier to get stuff back into the royals/hideout people will start genarating more silver and maybe risking a bit more of stuff but after playing this game for a couple of years I now that that's an optimistic thought.
    Now I see some people arguing about the risk/reward element of the game, imo even if its a bit less risky and you get less loot in your average kill it can be compensated by increasing the loot of pve activities for example make the rewards of the open world chests increase/decrease depending if you have guildmates or party members in the zone like if you have a party of 5 people in the zone you get the maximum amount of loot possible if you have more than 5 people the amount of loot starts decreasing. Increase the amount of rare chests in the ava roads or stuff like that.
    I also think that there is still a decent amount of risk for the more confident and experimented players, as someone who used to do ALOT of solo and group roaming, the public banks in the black zone are key to making a big amount of silver in a relatively short amount of time if you still need to transport through the open world the stuff stored in your chests almost nothing changes for experimented players like me beacuse as long as you have foods,potions and oc even if you have 3 mil on you if you want to optimise the amount of silver earned the best option is to store the loot in one of the chests, continue roaming and transpor later.
    The last point that I want to make is that after the pandemic alot of people don't have the same time that they used to. I think that the more casual player will benefit alot of being able to make a 20 min roaming sesion without having to worry alot about the trip back home.
    I think that people need to think about what would be more fun and convenient instead of thinking too hard about the balance of the risk vs reward formula. Think about what would be less stresful and more enjoyable on the long term for us instead of thinking about the 2 second shot of dopamine of looking at the corpse of a gatherer that is worth 2 mil.
    If this change is implemented im definitely coming back as a more casual player.
    My name in game is SebastSama I have almost 1b of total fame and most of that fame is from small scale and solo content so even If I haven't logged in in 1 or 2 months I know what im talking about.