Town Portal - QoL Suggestion (-> see new thread)

• Korn wrote:

Kheiron wrote:

Transport is a huge important part of the game. Also, the "unnecessary (and potentially boring) travel time" that you're talking about is literally content waiting to happen with ganking and general risk/reward. Taking people out of the zones in between their hideouts and the city would literally destroy content in those travel zones.

#iStandWithRobin #leaveMyAlbionAlone
    Hey there,

transport from a city or hideout to another city or hideout would not be impacted by this feature at all. That would undermine the transport economy, which is something that is a big no go for us.

The feature only works if you want to go back to the city or hideout that you just came from - if you enter another city or hideout, or trade gear with another player, or get gear out of a chest or marketplace, the ability to teleport back to where you came from is gone.
    How about an adjustment to this, just thought of this:

Make the Town Portal feature a purchased item (like a scroll) that is purchased from the energy manipulator.

The scrolls are only active to be used based upon the criteria you proposed - plus a few other conditions.

Also - the scrolls are tiered with limitations - either about weight, IP, distance from realmgate, etc. Basically make it where the scroll acts like a travel planner and charges you more and/or is usable only based upon one or more of those conditions.

This way at least people are paying for the safety provided with such a change.

I don't like this idea at all but if something like what I mentioned above were to be added to this feature then I could see a world where I could tolerate it.
    Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Georg51 ().

• My advice, DON'T

But if you do...

Have the town portal function be a craft-able (Alchemist) Portal Stone, made with 32 stone blocks (maybe 24 and some tiered herbs) that can teleport you back to the last town you where in.

It would take up the potion slot.
    It would only function if the zone you are in is the same tier or lower than the portal stone that you are using. That way if you want to slip out of a t8 zone you either need to have a t8 portal stone, or leave the zone and find a lower one.

No portaling to hideouts. The stone should only bind to the last visited Royal City.

Shakul57 wrote:

This teleport is an ability with a significant cast time and a significant cooldown, and it is subject to certain restrictions, as follows:

If you pick up items from a storage chest, bank, market place or receive items from another player outside of a city or hideout, the ability to teleport is lost until you enter a city or hideout(hence, you cannot use it for transportation)

The ability is not lost if you pick up loot from a loot chest or from killed players. The 30% gear trash rate on death makes sure that it’s not really worth using this as an exploit for fast transport.

The teleport will be temporarily disabled there are too many other players close to you. This means that it won’t work if you are in a zerg or a large group. This makes sure that the teleport cannot be used as a tactical tool in zerg vs zerg fights.

The teleport can only be used out of combat, in the open world or Roads of Avalon. This means you cannot use it while inside a dungeon.
    Make it so that the Portal Stone glows (maybe even the color of the Portal it is bound to), whilst still usable under these conditions, and fades if not usable.

Have the Portal Stone have a significant cast time (15-30s) with a visible animation when being used (The stone cracking and opening into a portal in front of the player).

Have the animation be interruptible, but the Portal Stone has to be used to start it regardless. If you use it and you get interrupted, it is gone...
    Use standard potion cooldowns.

Don't block people from using it in ZvZ fights, locking them into a 15-30s interruptible cast, should be more than enough to allow opponents to take advantage of the situation.
    Guild Master of American Craftsman
    ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
    T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher
  • Do not add this to the blackzone. Please do add naked travel between the various rest zones in the bz, and maybe more storage chests in the blackzone.

Do NOT allow gatherers to teleport out of the best zones in the game with full bags of looted items.
  • this is a terrible idea
    Takes the hole aspekt risk = reward away
    Would make ganking completly unprofitable, please do not add this to the game.

Its soo easy to abuse aswell
    Run to hideout let soneone trade you the loot and teleport back.
    Ez and safe ride back home no risk involved
  • If I understand well :

1) you take stuff, run 3 min, gather/farm 24 min and back in 3 min ...
    - you dont need TP to back, and you would get ganker while gather imo = no need this tp system

2) There is some easy way to get mney with gather without travel simulator :
    - in my experience in solo duo average player, you get 300-400K value by running outside caerleon (2maps max) with T5 horse (min) and full gather tool lvl6+ in 30 minutes, even with T4.1 gear, so you dont need to get long ride to make money
    - no need TP system again ...

3) you said get 50% value of gear in ~30min ...
    - when I do run in BZ/ava I take 1.5m stuff and 500k tools (T8) a boar if I want run for ~1h30 a frost ram if 30-60min
    - go for 2 map min from portal/city (5-10 min cause gather killing mob / counter ganker)
    - clean maps like 2 ava for 30-40 min
    - choose a new road or just back from where i came to go back home
    - I back, in average with 1.2 - 1.6m in inventory (was 450K at start) (without kill or big 8.3 node)
    - so theres is your 50% gear
    - easy mode to just continu farming without trouble to getback and most dangerous (get back with nice loot, adrenalline pressure) doest exist anymore

- long run just need to get T7/8 ressources for solo player who dont have T7 cluster/HO and/or who dont scout enought BZ switch portal

- there are enough way to carebear, even in BZ/ava, dont put an easy button plz

Thx

just a joke (go wow to play bubull TP pala style) and let albion be great for long :) no offense ;)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neradas ().

• So the one thing I see with Roads, BZ, etc. is that unless you can play uninterrupted for a while, you can't really do the content.

Like if you have 20-30 min to play or you know you might get called away to something for a bit, you can't get that much done in BZ coming from a city,

I'd like to see the same conditions you mentioned (not in combat, etc. etc.) applied to doing safe logouts in BZ/Roads.

If I knew I could play for 20 min, run into BZ, and easily log out safely and pick back up later from where I was, that would be great.

Right now if I can't have a decently long, uninterrupted play session I can't do BZ/roads, I'd like to see this fixed.

But I feel like warping back to the city is too much.
  • I think what I find distasteful about this the most, is that it would rob you of some of the greatest moments that Albion Online can give you as an experience...

That feeling of suspense when you are full up on loot and working your way back to the portal,
    That moment of terror when you you get jumped by gankers,
    The feeling of relief when you cross that beautiful finish line that give you the bubble and you know that you are safe.

These moments make the game much more enjoyable.

There is no light without darkness, no good without evil.

You want to remove these experiences for the sake of 'convenience' but in doing so would lessen the game.
    ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
  • This is a horrible idea, it removes far too much risk. You say it removes 30% but this is 30% is the most risky time.

When you are leaving town to gather/gank/rat the 70% at the start when you are empty or traveling, the worry about death is low because you only on gear. Once you have filled up with ore/loot, this is when you are most valuable and are taking the most risk. But this most risky part is the time you want to remove???

If any travel change is needed, remove losing home when entering portals to black zones

• Gank wrote:

Please do add naked travel between the various rest zones in the bz
    Even naked travel, i think will give too much power projection for larger groups. I think it would also be a step back towards mega coalition play as groups could form blocks with members opposite side of the black zone and use the rests as base points for entering war.

• Piddle wrote:

Be careful about allowing people to loot corpses. If you aren't careful it wouldn't be hard to find a way to suicide in a zone with resources and have them picked up with someone locked to a far away place. Because I don't know how the game handles death looting versus suicide looting, and I suspect they are the same.
    Due to the 30% of gear / 37% of resources that thrash (no matter if you suicide or get killed) this generally will not be worth it.
  • The_Support_God wrote:

most of the loot gankers and ect like me get in the blackzone is mostly via ganking those who come back to deposit loot
    I would prefer this system to be yellow/blue zone only. But I did want to mention that this sentence doesn't sound like an argument against this feature.

This sounds awful for the gatherers and the gankers, since the gatherers lose tons of resources, and the gankers are waiting around to participate in zero skill combat. It seems like the equivalent of hiding in a virtual bush for 30 minutes to milk a cow.

The easier lever to tweak here seems like it would be "trashing" more of the resources on death. It gives an easy way to alter the loot value of gatherers versus their personal value, while having the advantage of reducing total resources in the economy. It also balances out effort/time of gatherer vs ganker in terms of return on investment. e.g. a gatherer successfully returning from 30 minutes of gathering should have a higher value of goods than someone who spent 30 seconds killing a defenceless gatherer with 8 friends. If no amount of trashing would improve this and gatherers are just getting ganked regardless, then maybe the teleport is better?

Another downside here though is the value of gathering gear. Gatherers inherently have a high baseline value while being easy to kill (again, milking a cow). So, another tweak could be the trash % of gathering gear

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fikule ().

• Don't do this SBI.

Running back to the city isn't the core problem.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I have the feeling you guys don't play your game anymore. It came all about optimizing casual gameplay and make it less risky (e.g. solo dungeons not divable anymore etc.)

The core problem right now is the lack of pvp options as smallscale/solo player. Roads have been dead for over a period of time, solo roaming is nearly impossible due to bigger groups.

You guys know me, I used to love this game but I just can't stand these ideas...it's horrible. Everything what in albion matters is the worth of risk and with that it's completely gone.

"Running simulator" has become a meme for THESE REASONS (not listing transporting stuff)

- searching for pvp content
    - roaming in roads, not finding anything good

That's why it's called running simulator, not because I need to transport my stuff back ... like this is the most fun thing, having a heart-race when I'm being chased.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kokosmilch ().

• Fikule wrote:

The easier lever to tweak here seems like it would be "trashing" more of the resources on death. It gives an easy way to alter the loot value of gatherers versus their personal value, while having the advantage of reducing total resources in the economy. It also balances out effort/time of gatherer vs ganker in terms of return on investment. e.g. a gatherer successfully returning from 30 minutes of gathering should have a higher value of goods than someone who spent 30 seconds killing a defenceless gatherer with 8 friends. If no amount of trashing would improve this and gatherers are just getting ganked regardless, then maybe the teleport is better?
    *cough* *COUGH*
    ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
  • Korn wrote:

Due to the 30% of gear / 37% of resources that thrash (no matter if you suicide or get killed) this generally will not be worth it.
    The most disagreement comes from the fact that it allows transportation of items from black zones to the royal continent, not the fact that it's made unprofitable due to trash rates. The outlands teleportation NPC's do not allow for item transfers to the royal continent, why should a "town teleport" allow for such an exploit though?
    For all of eternity, there runs a saying in the Albion community - "It's not yours until you bring it back".
    And for the sole reason, it gives you the ability to avoid something that has been deemed mandatory in every scenario of profiting from black zone activity - I say NO.

Besides, I could see some issues with the current iteration:
    • Trading between a party to distribute weight, swap gear, etc., locking out town teleport as a result.
    • Gathering parties losing the need to "bring back" their gathered goods.
      (as pointed out by many others in the thread, most ganking opportunities happen at the victims' transportation phase)
    • Increasing the availability of high-tier resources on markets, devaluing them as a result.
      (as well as increasing the median IP for combat groups due to gear availability, further discouraging new players from venturing out into the outlands and creating even more issues with IP scaling on a level of buffs and debuffs, due to diminishing returns)
    • Adding more redundancy to and reducing the population of Avalonian roads as a means of "bringing back" the loot.
      (which also requires an additional layer of interaction - intel-gathering; and possibly a loss of opportunity to add additional content to the roads for people doing scouting jobs)
    There are also countless ideas on how to populate the black zones with more people:
    • Add mercenary transportation contracts to/from outland banks and towns.
      (for those people who are willing to play the traveling game)
    • Introduce a random Outlands teleportation gate to Caerleon.
      (either solo or in groups; with some incentive to use it over regular gates)
    • Work on encouraging consent-based fights between groups of people.
      (a huge chunk of fights are avoided due to party size or IP difference)
    • Overall, work on improving Avalonian roads to cover the inaccessibility of Outlands.
      (one-time use event-like portals bringing you to high-interest points in outlands, random encounters, etc.)
    • And many more.
    But honestly - just work on Ava roads as an alternative, there are huge opportunities to cover many downsides of outlands.
    - You're a monster.
    - Am I?
  • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q6): 33% → 40% + lv9 75% bonus, 70% local return bonus RRR= 41.2%
    70% *0.3 = 21%

and local bonus in royal city with bonus 15%+18% 32% wihout bonus =18%

So its worth better than no bonus city and haven't say about item thats is uselles in the outland that the price is 50% or less than royal city , that alot item are selled for 30% of their price or decomposed in the repair station for the 20% return . With this implementation , they will abuse it and only trash 30%

And other hand in royal city
    t2 robe. Its cost 400silver in caerleon and 100 in other royal city trash what u whant its worth it as it no limit in load u just can load unlimit t2 robe and sell them all to the black market
    And theres miles items every item from t2 to t4 almost every t6 not used item and a bit of t8.
    And luxury items i saied before
    I dont know where ur generally comes from.

And if u implement this metot trust me people for fucked up ganker they will choose the 30% trash rate than the minimun rate to be ganked.
    Craft profit is higher than 30% why will they not exploit?
    And if you restrict use the transport after lot corpopse. its only used for gatherer or dungeon farmer , then ganker instead camp the road where gatherer back they will directly camp t8map or some where people do the activities and no one will be posibles to their game. Gatherer will not fight back if he kill the ganker ,he cant even loot if he loot he is restricted to tp back.