Town Portal - QoL Suggestion (-> see new thread)

  • I'd prefer teleporting to involve group play and coordination.

    how about a craftable teleportation stone, made by mage tower crafters that allows you to teleport to up to zones relating to the tier of the crafted item, but only if a recipient for your portal stone is present at your designated location. the portal recipient could be wearing a bag accessory item, that would not add weight capacity, but allow you to be the beacon for this operation :P maybe making the beacon a mount would be better for designing. or make both the beacon and the portal-maker items to be crafted but with a weight penalty so the people carrying the things had to commit to it.

    that way we'd have black ops in albion and it would be usable offensively and defensively. all of a sudden handling reds in your home black zone would become more important as they could be a portal beacon for an attacking group.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Esygrim ().

  • @Hattenhair If want to take care of the game economy, remove HO from the game and those ridiculous crafting bonuses, rework the plots system...

    what are talking about unfortunately has no influence on daily player, for example for me as I like roam and gathering because of lack of points on map like WC (warcamps) I can't play comfortably with risk = reward ratio.

    In order to make "more shit happen in bz" the game needs more tools that allow the group to roam freely even in groups of 20. we got a road system which is great in theory, it's a pity that the implementation in AO is so poor. imo this should be the basis of the whole travel system in bz even roads which would allow 100ppl zerg to move...
    the dynamics of the game and the economy would change completely.


    changing systems like: territories and outposts/castles to crafting stations and assassin guilds (new bounty system), crafters, couriers (system you mentioned)...
    but keeping the theme and the main reason "ride simulator" the easiest and the best solution which will keep the risk = reward ratio and will not depend on numbers but on individual preparation and availability are warcamps.


    Focusing the game more on END GAME content and objectives and less on strictly full loot which would allow to make changes for a daily player and not for a person who logs in 2-3 times a day and doesn't really struggle with BZ player problems.
    (It seems to me that a game based on sandbox, politics and BIG WARS should not be dependent on the amount of loot collected from the battlefield. This loot should be the main income for gankers and small scale specialists.)


    Speaking of those objective examples: introducing a system similar to factions in royals but individually to each alliance which would have to spread influence and keep control over "guilds which would be under the control of the current alliance and passive income which would be able to cover most of the costs from ZVZ"


    etc.. etc..


    I'm surprised that a topic like adding a teleport from the devs side came up at all... if it was april 1, I would consider it an April Fools joke. :D
  • @Quagga
    Hideouts definitely were a mistake. They made the black zone too accessible and safe. There shouldn't be a single completely safe space on the continent excluding the rests, everything else should be viewed as a place for high-level/efficient resource extraction be it fame, materials, or else.

    But as if that's ever gonna happen. As a best-case scenario, regular hideouts might go, but HQs are here to stay.
    If they were removed right now, BZ would feel barren - so it's a question of can SBI fill the gap with interesting mechanics and activities?
    - You're a monster.
    - Am I?
  • Hattenhair wrote:

    @Quagga
    Hideouts definitely were a mistake. They made the black zone too accessible and safe. There shouldn't be a single completely safe space on the continent excluding the rests, everything else should be viewed as a place for high-level/efficient resource extraction be it fame, materials, or else.

    But as if that's ever gonna happen. As a best-case scenario, regular hideouts might go, but HQs are here to stay.
    If they were removed right now, BZ would feel barren - so it's a question of can SBI fill the gap with interesting mechanics and activities?
    HO must stop being dependent on territories, let HO destruction be full loot, all items left inside during destruction will act as rewards

    HO - have a chest that can hold 100k KG and have a respawn/home point

    HQ - place that can't be destroyed, with small chest up to max 10k KG without respawn/home
    (add a teleport that allows you to teleport to HQ once every 3-6 hour)

    this is risk = reward

    something you can lose but has a big value

    something that can't be destroyed but doesn't have high value
    (although safe point/afk spot in BZ is rather "huge" value)"

    crafting stations should be removed, the plots system reworked and outposts turned into crafting stations according to Tx -zone tier


    This will make even low tier zones worth fighting for.

    Also HO limit drastically reduced, access only for guilds that built HO, for alliances there are territories and chests that are there.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Quagga ().

  • Quagga wrote:

    Hattenhair wrote:

    @Quagga
    Hideouts definitely were a mistake. They made the black zone too accessible and safe. There shouldn't be a single completely safe space on the continent excluding the rests, everything else should be viewed as a place for high-level/efficient resource extraction be it fame, materials, or else.

    But as if that's ever gonna happen. As a best-case scenario, regular hideouts might go, but HQs are here to stay.
    If they were removed right now, BZ would feel barren - so it's a question of can SBI fill the gap with interesting mechanics and activities?
    HO must stop being dependent on territories, let HO destruction be full loot, all items left inside during destruction will act as rewards
    HO - have a chest that can hold 100k KG and have a respawn/home point

    HQ - place that can't be destroyed, with small chest up to max 10k KG without respawn/home
    (add a teleport that allows you to teleport to HQ once every 3-6 hour)

    this is risk = reward

    something you can lose but has a big value

    something that can't be destroyed but doesn't have high value
    (although safe point/afk spot in BZ is rather "huge" value)"

    crafting stations should be removed, the plots system reworked and outposts turned into crafting stations according to Tx -zone tier


    This will make even low tier zones worth fighting for.
    Not a bad idea but in the end you still have easy access to the black zone, yeah once you use the 3 to 6 hour cooldown you can’t go back, but still aslong as there is a big guild with multiple alliances around it still can become massively a one sided battle with one side with a few players and the other with like 15 (such a example of a massive alliance is Arch), Arch just basically has a network of places around the black zone and anytime they see battle they march forward, then there is still the 2 players that just use the Tombhammer and a fire tornado to kill massive or small groups. In the end you might aswell only have rests and have twice a day respawns at hideouts to have a respawn only when necessary.

    Then for those that complain they have to spend hours in black zone gathering only to possibly end up dead when finished gathering is have the unmounted 40 to 50 second cast time to head back to your last city/hideout you have been in, with that mechanic it would make it harder for those who rely on hideout safety and easy for those of who don’t have a hideout and would have a harder time gathering than a normal day in AO. This would make the game a little more even for those who risk a lot in the black zone with no safe way back to the city and make it to where big guild gatherer’s still have to go a ways back to the city.

    In the end I don’t really think some devs are looking at these posts to even care about a easy way in the BZ. Same can be said for the announcement of the console expansion they don’t really want to announce it until it’s legit right on its release. The most they could do for us is just announce it’s current progression and say what other things they have progressed far out on.
  • I was farming with t4 gear in black zones( because you know i gonna die for a zerg anyway) and i had another idea.

    How about some special "merchants" around black zones where we can "sell" our loot to an NPC for like 30% of the real value?

    This would give solo players instant rewards making the game feel more satisfying for them, we wouldn't lose so much time going back to cities to deposit loot, spending less time walking and more time actually playing the game.
    And another plus, would work as a great silver sink.

    Of course gankers will not like this idea but they can still gank us around those "merchants" they just need to leave the portal zones. 8o


    Display Spoiler
    i'm such a good game designer, maybe i should be making my own game. 8)
  • Jean_Helius wrote:

    How about some special "merchants" around black zones where we can "sell" our loot to an NPC for like 30% of the real value?Well you said it yourself ... it would just be a lodestone for gankers .. they'd camp the merchants 24/7
    Well, you said it yourself ... the merchants would be a lodestone for gankers. They'd camp the merchants 24/7

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    And another plus, would work as a great silver sink.
    It wouldnt. It would be the opposite of a silver sink as it would actually generate more in-game silver. It would however be a gear sink.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    How about some special "merchants" around black zones where we can "sell" our loot to an NPC for like 30% of the real value?Well you said it yourself ... it would just be a lodestone for gankers .. they'd camp the merchants 24/7
    Well, you said it yourself ... the merchants would be a lodestone for gankers. They'd camp the merchants 24/7

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    And another plus, would work as a great silver sink.
    It wouldnt. It would be the opposite of a silver sink as it would actually generate more in-game silver. It would however be a gear sink.
    Well, they can't gank the merchants and banks at the same time. Of course, my idea is not only one merchant in all bz more like 5 per region/city.

    And tell me how this gonna generate silver? i gonna literally break something with let's say 200k of value, and only get 60k instead. if i transport this to Caerleon and sell it there i gonna be generating the full price in silver...

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Jean_Helius ().

  • Jean_Helius wrote:

    And tell me how this gonna generate silver?
    Because an NPC buying things introduces 60k silver into the game that wasnt there before. This is different to the market, where silver already in the game, transfers from one player to another, so selling for 200k in Caerleon brings zero silver into the game.

    Its not a silver sink .. its the exact opposite.


    Jean_Helius wrote:

    i'm such a good game designer
    You might want to rethink this ....
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Midgard ().

  • Midgard wrote:

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    And tell me how this gonna generate silver?
    Because an NPC buying things introduces 60k silver into the game that wasnt there before. This is different to the market, where silver already in the game, transfers from one player to another, so selling for 200k in Caerleon brings zero silver into the game.
    Its not a silver sink .. its the exact opposite.


    Jean_Helius wrote:

    i'm such a good game designer
    You might want to rethink this ....
    WAT? black market is an npc buying things and sending back to the world to be sold again and again and again till it break. My idea is one npc buying things for 30% of the value and breaking it !!! 8o
    Who exactly gives the black market money to buy things?

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Jean_Helius ().

  • Jean_Helius wrote:

    WAT? black market is an npc buying things and sending back to the world to be sold again and again and again till it break. My idea is one npc buying things for 30% of the value and breaking it !!!
    Who exactly gives the black market money to buy things?
    I know only too well how the BM works. And the BM generates silver ... its not a silver sink.

    Your idea has some merit as you could actually use these merchants to also popluate the loot tables much as the BM does ... this wouldnt be a bad thing.

    However ... my whole point was that you stating that your 'merchant' idea is a silver sink, is completely wrong ... which you seemed to have trouble understanding..... hopefully ive now enlightened you why youre wrong. Youre welcome.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    WAT? black market is an npc buying things and sending back to the world to be sold again and again and again till it break. My idea is one npc buying things for 30% of the value and breaking it !!!
    Who exactly gives the black market money to buy things?
    I know only too well how the BM works. And the BM generates silver ... its not a silver sink.
    Your idea has some merit as you could actually use these merchants to also popluate the loot tables much as the BM does ... this wouldnt be a bad thing.

    However ... my whole point was that you stating that your 'merchant' idea is a silver sink, is completely wrong ... which you seemed to have trouble understanding..... hopefully ive now enlightened you why youre wrong. Youre welcome.
    Sure arrogant old man, you have any post explaining the black market mechanic and formulas or you are here just to feel superior without presenting anything useful?
  • Hattenhair wrote:

    Quagga wrote:

    da faq you all are talking about, what does it have to do with travel time in BZ... some transports and other useless shit for roleplayers.
    The devs proposed an insane solution to "Not enough shit happening in the black zones". So we're discussing "How to make shit happen more often in the black zone".

    How about make it so territory ownership is tied to activity in the map -- this way you wont have soooo many dead maps because the group who owns them logs on for CTA and then logs off.
  • Jean_Helius wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    WAT? black market is an npc buying things and sending back to the world to be sold again and again and again till it break. My idea is one npc buying things for 30% of the value and breaking it !!!
    Who exactly gives the black market money to buy things?
    I know only too well how the BM works. And the BM generates silver ... its not a silver sink.Your idea has some merit as you could actually use these merchants to also popluate the loot tables much as the BM does ... this wouldnt be a bad thing.

    However ... my whole point was that you stating that your 'merchant' idea is a silver sink, is completely wrong ... which you seemed to have trouble understanding..... hopefully ive now enlightened you why youre wrong. Youre welcome.
    Sure arrogant old man, you have any post explaining the black market mechanic and formulas or you are here just to feel superior without presenting anything useful?
    He may be arrogant and hell he may be old... but neither make him wrong. The BM, silver bags, treasures and ground silver are the primary silver faucets in the game. A NPC that buys items would also be a faucet and not a sink.
    Don't go away mad, just go away...
  • GluttonySDS wrote:

    Hattenhair wrote:

    Quagga wrote:

    da faq you all are talking about, what does it have to do with travel time in BZ... some transports and other useless shit for roleplayers.
    The devs proposed an insane solution to "Not enough shit happening in the black zones". So we're discussing "How to make shit happen more often in the black zone".
    How about make it so territory ownership is tied to activity in the map -- this way you wont have soooo many dead maps because the group who owns them logs on for CTA and then logs off.
    I have liked the idea of territory ownership based on zone activity for ages. It encourages consistent activity of all sorts in all BZs and removes the daily cancer CTA that most people despise. Two birds with one stone. Keep occasional castle fights, cores, and faction warfare as your zerg content.
  • Oshien wrote:

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    Jean_Helius wrote:

    WAT? black market is an npc buying things and sending back to the world to be sold again and again and again till it break. My idea is one npc buying things for 30% of the value and breaking it !!!
    Who exactly gives the black market money to buy things?
    I know only too well how the BM works. And the BM generates silver ... its not a silver sink.Your idea has some merit as you could actually use these merchants to also popluate the loot tables much as the BM does ... this wouldnt be a bad thing.
    However ... my whole point was that you stating that your 'merchant' idea is a silver sink, is completely wrong ... which you seemed to have trouble understanding..... hopefully ive now enlightened you why youre wrong. Youre welcome.
    Sure arrogant old man, you have any post explaining the black market mechanic and formulas or you are here just to feel superior without presenting anything useful?
    He may be arrogant and hell he may be old... but neither make him wrong. The BM, silver bags, treasures and ground silver are the primary silver faucets in the game. A NPC that buys items would also be a faucet and not a sink.
    this does not make my idea bad, this merchant would still be better to Albion economy than selling those items on the black market.
    All those posts only to say is not a silver sink, sure ok i can accept that, still a good idea, bye.