Town Portal - QoL Suggestion (-> see new thread)

• That's rough :( It doesn't even make sense. 26 people aren't going to profit from killing one person on a bear, unless that guy had 8.3 items stacked up in his inventory. It's low risk, low reward. But high risk for victims, to the point of whatever great rewards they do get - are going to be lost to a ganking party. Reducing CC based on number of CCs can only go so far though. There needs to be a way to discourage large groups to go after 1 person. Wouldn't more items trashing really help gankers realize it's just not worth it to kill 1 person with 26 people? But I guess that would be hard to balance because of GvG's and ZvZ's.

There have been some improvements. The open world chest spawns seem to lure gankers away from potential targets, at least for a short amount of time, into more fair fights (or at least fights where the opposition knows what they're getting into, and is likely prepared to die)

I think more in-game events similar to chest spawns might distract the attention of gankers. The spring chests seem to be helping - When I see one appear on the map, a huge blob always forms around it, and then I'll know that the rest of the map is most likely clear.

I recently got ganked by 1 person (800k total worth of items on me) after gathering for an hour and a half XD It didn't make me feel like quitting the game, because I know where I messed up, and next time I won't make the same mistake. But if it's 25, that definitely just makes you want to pull the plug. No matter how good you are at escaping, you're going to get killed.
  • Deathskills wrote:

removing bind portal will allow big guilds to relocate accros the whole map too easily. this cannot be removed until hte guild sizes is reduced and/or alliances are completely removed from the game basically.
    The problem then is the big guilds alliances over Black maps, when the 80% of the albion players play arround red/yellow maps because this guilds control every spot in BZ, if you take this ppl in royal zone to BZ the things and economy gonna evolve into a real pvp game and not into a GuildBigAliianceToWin also they have a lots benefits with HOs-Terry-Castles.

And yeah the CD for teleport between zones can be higher (20 min) but we should be able to move to any zone on the map. Every game have this system is not a crazy idea...

Maybe the problem is give to much and limit ideas because Guilds benefits. FK GUILDS and Aliiances... (Remove HCE shit system that only bring bots and abusive players)

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrDaS ().

• yaaseth wrote:

MrDaS wrote:

Oshien wrote:

There are reasons people gank in 10-20 people. First is coverage. Second, some mounts are impossible to take down with a few people. Third, they want to take fights when other groups roll in. Forth, you don't want to leave any of your people out. It just affords more opportunity for content. If you are a solo player, it adds some excitement to your life.
    They form groups 10/15 ppl for easy winsFor easy ganksFor cover all 4 or 3 routes on maps and no one be able to scape
    For fight with 1100 ip build low cost,
    For make StunToWin lock players
    So this game become a joke in pvp terms... (Also items dont broke at all even 5 vs 1 this make ganks in big groups profitable)
    forget about 10-20 people, gankers are now rallying 25+ people to gank. Just got ganked by 26 people with 1100 ip each. If they catch you with one cc once u re dead bcz they chain the cc for ever. In all honesty I would rather have less hp on a mount and more cc resistance. Bear mount with 3k hp got killed in 4 seconds, I had 340 armor and every single passive on cc res and it still did not help me at all.

You ran a bear into 26 people, you deserve to die. You took the high risk/no reward route. Bears are slow and they can run through a small group of gankers especially in low IP. But if you run into a T2 blob, you were just donating. There is no way a balance the game to prevent that level of "you had it coming".
    Don't go away mad, just go away...
  • Oshien wrote:

yaaseth wrote:

forget about 10-20 people, gankers are now rallying 25+ people to gank. Just got ganked by 26 people with 1100 ip each. If they catch you with one cc once u re dead bcz they chain the cc for ever. In all honesty I would rather have less hp on a mount and more cc resistance. Bear mount with 3k hp got killed in 4 seconds, I had 340 armor and every single passive on cc res and it still did not help me at all.
    You ran a bear into 26 people, you deserve to die. You took the high risk/no reward route. Bears are slow and they can run through a small group of gankers especially in low IP. But if you run into a T2 blob, you were just donating. There is no way a balance the game to prevent that level of "you had it coming".

I definitely don't know the exact circumstances of yaaseth's death but sometimes it's unavoidable. You can get scouted and set up for an invis gank with 6+ people easily. There's been a guild doing this very thing in Murkweald next to the Goldshimmer Plain entrance for weeks now. They've been placing a naked scout on a tier 3 ox next to the fork. Any player that tries to leave gets invis ganked by a crossbow user with a 6 second silence. The rest of the group jumps on you and CC's you down 2 meters from the exit. I try my best to warn transporters that it's happening. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they keep running ahead and get killed. I feel pretty bad for them.

Edit: Forget to mention, there's almost no risk for this ganking group either. If they see a threat, they immediately zone through to Goldshimmer Plain.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MythicDragon ().

• MythicDragon wrote:

Oshien wrote:

yaaseth wrote:

I definitely don't know the exact circumstances of yaaseth's death but sometimes it's unavoidable. You can get scouted and set up for an invis gank with 6+ people easily. There's been a guild doing this very thing in Murkweald next to the Goldshimmer Plain entrance for weeks now. They've been placing a naked scout on a tier 3 ox next to the fork. Any player that tries to leave gets invis ganked by a crossbow user with a 6 second silence. The rest of the group jumps on you and CC's you down 2 meters from the exit. I try my best to warn transporters that it's happening. Sometimes they listen, sometimes they keep running ahead and get killed. I feel pretty bad for them.
    Red zone ganking isn't easy and it is pretty cancerous tbh but it is still it provides the reason the players want to transport to Caerleon. Without the risk there wouldn't be money making opportunities there.
  • Oshien wrote:

yaaseth wrote:

With 26 people a gank group can control enough choke points on a map, drive a bear into them and catch him. It can't be generalized that it is his fault.
  • In fairness, TP is a bad solution overall. If you do want to add it make it so that you can do it with a long cooldown but that you can do it from a safe spot (rest or HO). That way you kind of allow this to happen now and again but that you still need to get to that safe spot. With other rules you proposed you are making sure that people will not be buying items from the markets at rests and portaling them to the city.
    On the other hand you will make no real impact to the open world and its mechanics at all. Down side I can see is that areas around rests will be even more ganked than they are now.

A possible solution to consider.

What if we could choose up to X slots in the bag (that we gain once we go into the open world in the bz) that would make items or stacks (resources, runes etc) non tradable if placed in them. Slots will have a cooldown ofc. This would mean that even if we were to die those items would not be dropped and would get ported home with us. To prevent silly situations where we choose resources and get a few stacks of something heavy ported with us and are now in the middle of the city unable to move as we are heavily overweight you could grant a buff lasting 2 min from spawning making us able to have no carry penalty no matter what we have on us. This buff would be lost if you accept a trade from anyone (by accept I mean actually trade any item). That way you would make the players able to secure some of their loot. This could be done in a way that X slots in the bag have different color and would not automatically populate but that we would have to drag items there.

Downside I see to this is that people might only go to bz when these slots are off cooldown. Same thing is likely to happen if you add TP on a timer anyway so this still might be a better solution than original idea.

As you can see from 15 pages of this thread most of us don't want this change to be made.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Worros ().

• Oshien wrote:

MythicDragon wrote:

Oshien wrote:

yaaseth wrote:

Red zone ganking isn't easy and it is pretty cancerous tbh but it is still it provides the reason the players want to transport to Caerleon. Without the risk there wouldn't be money making opportunities there.
    You gotta be joking, Looks like People should enter red zones bcz its gonna be their fault. When taking the route to carleon I was expecting some gankers maybe 6-10 ganker groups. However I did not mean expect 26 reds locking a whole zone. All of them were on exits. So as soon as I entered from clear red zone to a red zone with 26 reds i did not have any chance escaping. All portals were locked due to them using up charges so nobody can escape. Most of them had birds, which grizzly can't outrun. There is bo way of escaping so many gankers at the same time. They did not blob on the map. I dodged about 10 cc skill shots that they tried using on me. Popped fort sterling but got outrun and caught by claws no matter what.
  • Ferndor wrote:

So, with this QoL change I can go with ratting gear to a ZVZ, loot 10m, escape to the next map nearby and use the town portal back to the city and make silver without travel risk? Sounds like a well thought out proposal. Am I missing something here? /irony off
    I do not care if someone is smart to get in a zvz, rat and get out alive. Let the zvzers lose their spoils, so what (Maybe one of their 100 players should keep watch, their problem to solve. They have resources for that).

What i do care is how solo play is not even close to group play in a risk reward sense. And what i mean with that is group play is much easier and rewarding than solo play. I agree that gathering and teleporting back is kind of bad, and other instances might abuse this mechanic. I agree with you that this might not be the right fix for this issue, but players already make a ton of money ganking and zerging. If you lose a chase and a fight that might happen but I (we) get a better experience in solo open world, i'm down for that. What we need is a better balance in the risk reward game for solo players. This balancing will most likely reduce the efficiency of groups and increase efficiency for solos. Keep in mind all players do play solo onece in a while.

If solo game play is more viable, players will stop just playing in groups and try new shit out, i think.

Maybe im missing something, i dont know. I like to go out solo and do not like how the game feels right now. Solo gameplay need some love in the OW, no more instanced shit.

Anyways GG

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alemaoo ().

• yaaseth wrote:

Oshien wrote:

MythicDragon wrote:

Oshien wrote:

yaaseth wrote:

You gotta be joking, Looks like People should enter red zones bcz its gonna be their fault. When taking the route to carleon I was expecting some gankers maybe 6-10 ganker groups. However I did not mean expect 26 reds locking a whole zone. All of them were on exits. So as soon as I entered from clear red zone to a red zone with 26 reds i did not have any chance escaping. All portals were locked due to them using up charges so nobody can escape. Most of them had birds, which grizzly can't outrun. There is bo way of escaping so many gankers at the same time. They did not blob on the map. I dodged about 10 cc skill shots that they tried using on me. Popped fort sterling but got outrun and caught by claws no matter what.

Seems to be a lot of "you messed up". "I can't outrun gankers on a grizzly", then don't use a grizzly or use a friend to scout for you. You saw that there were 26 on the map, you should have turned back then.
  • Oshien wrote:

yaaseth wrote:

Oshien wrote:

MythicDragon wrote:

Oshien wrote:

yaaseth wrote:

Seems to be a lot of "you messed up". "I can't outrun gankers on a grizzly", then don't use a grizzly or use a friend to scout for you. You saw that there were 26 on the map, you should have turned back then.
    U still dont get it oh lord
  • What about a map like a bonus where the portal to this map remains open for five min with one charge and repawns in different locations after three hours in a random map of each city (total of six portals), just to illustrate we could call this map as "Land of Youth" or LoY.
    In LoY the objective would be cooperate with the other players to protect the Goddess treasure fighting against hard waves of mobs.
    The reward can be better depends the wave level.

It's is like a tower defense, but with a Albion layer of fun and hardness.

And

I miss ice themed mobs too, like frost mages and ulfheadnars. The winter can be lethal.
  • The worst part about doing faction content is the long travel times. Especially when you get deep into an enemy's territory. The run back to home once groups fizzle out is awful. I think finding out a way to speed this up would be nice, but I don't think teleports would be the way to do it. That kind of kills the social part of the game where you see other people running to and fro, no matter the area.

And while on the topic of travel, I would like sea travel finally be introduced. I think a sailing implementation similar to Valheim would be great. Loading up a boat with loot and crossing a sea where sea creatures can attack you as well as other players would fit Albion perfectly.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gamefreak ().

• TheRoadExplorer wrote:

Alemaoo wrote:

If solo game play is more viable, players will stop just playing in groups and try new shit out, i think.
    Hard disagree. People will always bring +1 just to have an advantage.
    What i mean with that is, if solo game play is a viable option you might not feel the need to join a big group to have a good time.

With the current state of balance, yes. They will always bring +1. But such a feature will make it harder to get caught by them.

There should be diminishing returns, stuff like trashing with more assist, debuffs/buff, a rework on the mobility and cc concept in albion. And I doubt drastic changes like that will happen, so im happy with what QoL offers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alemaoo ().

• I changed my mind. The game does not ruin the ride on the mount. After Lands Awakening players filled BZ due to increased fame from mobs. The number of gankers has grown exponentially. This is not a small scale group, for fair pvp. These are specific groups for killing solo - duo players. Graveguard armor, claws, frost, whisper bow, great mace/morning star. Before LA, I saw such set-ups only in the red zones (although it is worth noting that at that time I understood the game worse). Now it's a nightmare.

Only yesterday, during 2 hours of solo dungeon farming in the evening, I met 3 such groups (within 1 zone from the portal). The first two times I was forced to run from them for 3-5 minutes. The third time, Albion betrayed me and after completing the cast of the entrance to the dungeon, I just stood in front of the dungeon for about 10 seconds. And of course, while I was standing like that, a player noticed me from the edge of the screen (of which there were 8, four came to me, four remained waiting upstairs).

And so, what dangers await a solo player who decides to visit BZ.

1. Groups of gankers hunting 1-2 players. (6-12 ppl)
    2. Groups of gankers blocking the entire location and killing all the players that they see(10-30 ppl).
    3. Groups of gankers blocking the exit from the location.
    4. Unfriendly players.

When you move a considerable distance from the portal locations, a new problem begins to await you. Groups of guild players from HO who do not want to share farm from the location with "strangers".For a solo player in BZ, risk does not equal reward. After LA, gankers are forced to form large groups in order to have the same chance of dismounting. Gankers in BZ carry almost no risk. You won’t kill everyone, you will catch one, the rest will scatter. The only chance to kill most of the group is mind games. They must rush your tank, and with the whole group to beat him. Only then can you perform a standard combination with an infusion of damage.

Gankers in RZ carry more risk due to the chances of BLUE POLICE coming.

My suggestions for solving this problem.
    1. Button "random teleport within 3-4 zones near the portal" in the BZ portal. Available to everyone, but if you are in a group, you will be scattered across different locations. But this does not solve the problem of returning home.
    2. When hit by a lot of players, give control resistance in addition to damage resistance.

Question for SBI, when a person decides to try your game, does he enter the game right away with a group of friends and develop together, or does he go solo and try different types of content first? I understand that the game is aimed at group PVP, but not to the absurd situation where everyone is trying to win by numbers...

P.S. Question for everyone who says that risk = reward. How to beat a group of 8 in cheap sets with a group of 2-3? That's right, to have more ip and sets that are more disposed to such a fight. What is the risk of 8 people in 4.1-5.1 gear when attacking two in t7-t8 gear? Will they die? Nevermind, the set cost 50k. In addition, friends can pick up the rest of the set. And what is the risk of a small group in good sets? Kill or be killed. And what is the reward? 8 incomplete 4.1 sets? Disgusting.
    Mr. Clown
  • @VseOtlichno IP should mean much more and impactfull for the game right now ppl dont care to gain fame and spec up any tree because they just can use any cc wep or BL form a group of rat gankers t4 and hunt anything that moves ignoring IP scaling - specs or t8 items...

Maybe getting a buff like: If you get stunned this buff will prevent you get stunned again for 10 secs. this buff can scale depending of the IP and Spec of the player. So many games have this mechanic for prevent the long stun cc chain abuser players.
  • MrDaS wrote:

@VseOtlichno IP should mean much more and impactfull for the game right now ppl dont care to gain fame and spec up any tree because they just can use any cc wep or BL form a group of rat gankers t4 and hunt anything that moves ignoring IP scaling - specs or t8 items...

Maybe getting a buff like: If you get stunned this buff will prevent you get stunned again for 10 secs. this buff can scale depending of the IP and Spec of the player. So many games have this mechanic for prevent the long stun cc chain abuser players.
    before self-damage buff was at 150% instead of 100% like it is right now.
    AOE escalation was at 70 to 100% instead of the current 56% (was at 40% until they buffed it back up again).
    Reflects was reflecting damage with damage modifiers (now it isn't affected by damage modifiers).

So things that could be done have been nerfed.
    However, it does need to be pointed out that ganking has been nerfed. cc reductions now affect claws when they are chained, can't be feared multiple times immediately in a row by fiend robe.

Oh and when you get dismounted you are immune to cc for like 2 seconds too.
    There's the invis shrine too on portal maps.

So there is already a decent amount of things in place to help players.

Oh and the higher your ip, the higher the cc resist and dmg resist (that's why my transport set for bz, i'm affected by 9% of the cc only when on it and 13% dmg affects me instead of all of it).
  • MrDaS wrote:

IP should mean much more and impactfull for the game right now ppl dont care to gain fame and spec up any tree because they just can use any cc wep or BL form a group of rat gankers t4 and hunt anything that moves ignoring IP scaling - specs or t8 items...
    You have to remember this game has a gold exchange. Making IP more impactful is a bad idea. Just leads to completely unwinnable fights and people feeling like a game is P2W when, in its current state, a really good player in 5.1 can beat up on a mediocre player that bought their way to T8.
  • Shakul57 wrote:

On the other hand, we expect this change to make the Outlands significantly more active leading to a lot more action overall.
    Do you remember when you made this EXACT same argument regarding PvP in Random Dungeons, when you were making the entry portal disappear after a prefixed period of time?
    Pepperidge farm remembers.

No, don't lose the identity of this game as one where logistics and distance in the open world are both meaningful and significant. I am not a ganker, I have never ganked in the RZ (I have perfect karma) and I do not do black zone dismount fighting. But reducing the amount of random or chance encounters in the open world is the OPPOSITE of the way that development should be trending. We have all the tools necessary to manage risk by lowering our item tier to make up for the likelihood of death. We don't need to make it easier to get back and avoid risk or interaction with other players entirely.