Albion Is loosing lot of players... please some fast, solo queue and competitive pvp/pve contents.

• Chiattone wrote:

and what do you think about Steam charts? steam users are dropping too...

Steamcharts are a somewhat better proxy for our player number trend than MMO-Population.com, but the following needs to be kept in mind:
      • Only a small share of Albion's player base play through Steam.
      • Those who initially start out on Steam and stay with the game usually migrate to the native client eventually (better prices in the store and on Steam you can only use 1 account, more engaged players often use more than 1 account). Conversely, it is not possible to turn a non-Steam Albion account into a Steam one, hence the flow can only go away from Steam, not towards it.
      • The New World and Lost Ark launches both set records on Steam and were heavily market there, meaning that Steam players were affected a lot more by these two launches than the general Albion player population was. The set-backs from a launch like that are usually temporary. In the steam charts in September and October you can see the New World impact quite a lot, but you'll also see player gains in December and January - a nice uptrend - once the New World hype ebbed off. The February decline is due to Lost Ark, but if you look at the last 30 days on Steam, you'll see that this is fizzling out as well.
    • i dont care about number but when u see more than 5teams doing hg 10v10 at same time
      When theres more than 10 teams doing hg5v5
      its the new pve dungeon . Almost time empty and no content.
      and how many teams in 5v5 crsital and 20v20 theres plenty of no show’s.
      Ava road is empty runing for hours and haven’t see any player,
      open world is half dead too i opend a lot middle chest as solo and no figth and legendary sometimes , theres no activity outside cta zvz. And in moddle season its less ctas.
      You cant say the truth becouse u have to made the number to ur boss but what i fell is albion is empty no people any where.

Korn wrote:

Chiattone wrote:

and what do you think about Steam charts? steam users are dropping too...
      Steamcharts are a somewhat better proxy for our player number trend than MMO-Population.com, but the following needs to be kept in mind:
      • Only a small share of Albion's player base play through Steam.
      • Those who initially start out on Steam and stay with the game usually migrate to the native client eventually (better prices in the store and on Steam you can only use 1 account, more engaged players often use more than 1 account). Conversely, it is not possible to turn a non-Steam Albion account into a Steam one, hence the flow can only go away from Steam, not towards it.
      • The New World and Lost Ark launches both set records on Steam and were heavily market there, meaning that Steam players were affected a lot more by these two launches than the general Albion player population was. The set-backs from a launch like that are usually temporary. In the steam charts in September and October you can see the New World impact quite a lot, but you'll also see player gains in December and January - a nice uptrend - once the New World hype ebbed off. The February decline is due to Lost Ark, but if you look at the last 30 days on Steam, you'll see that this is fizzling out as well.

• As a solo player, I don't have problems at all with this playstyle
      I manage to go black and do some solo ganks. Some sucessfully and some don't.
      If I want a "fair" solo pvp match I just join corrupted in yellow or red if I want to make some money in the process.
      I can just buy some maps and solo few T6/T7 dungeons on black. I think a made at least 40 on total and got ganked maybe 5 times...
      It is not hard for me to go to black and gather some T7 and T8 resources. Red is way dangerous indeed.

I manage to do a lot of solo player content without any major issues. Of course you'll need more careful and doing this stuff but it you're far from being blocked from that content. That a plenty of stuff to do as solo. Most of them are dangerous but you can. I can make 3 times the money a I need for premium without much effort in 30 days. In fact, I would make more but I lose a lot doing pvp and solo ganking.

If you're bored, you can find several guilds that want casual players just for small group play (without taxes, obligations, but of course many of them without great benefits such as HQ black).

Lost Ark is a totally different game. It is grindy, it is easy, it looks like a generic mobile game. They don't share the same audience.
    • Korn wrote:

Only a small share of Albion's player base play through Steam.

Those who initially start out on Steam and stay with the game usually migrate to the native client eventually (better prices in the store and on Steam you can only use 1 account, more engaged players often use more than 1 account). Conversely, it is not possible to turn a non-Steam Albion account into a Steam one, hence the flow can only go away from Steam, not towards it.

The New World and Lost Ark launches both set records on Steam and were heavily market there, meaning that Steam players were affected a lot more by these two launches than the general Albion player population was. The set-backs from a launch like that are usually temporary. In the steam charts in September and October you can see the New World impact quite a lot, but you'll also see player gains in December and January - a nice uptrend - once the New World hype ebbed off. The February decline is due to Lost Ark, but if you look at the last 30 days on Steam, you'll see that this is fizzling out as well.
      Can we get the numbers from your base, how many people play daily?
      Is the drop in players really in the thousands over the last 3 months?
    • Chiattone wrote:

The situation is becoming very bad, with Lost ark, a big comunity is leaving albion for it. Why? because actually AO is still solo players unfriendly.

Thats why some solo queue ranked arenas is needed as some pve contents.

All my friends left the game because tired to wait for doing contents: crystal we have to find a right party, hgs we must find the right comps, hce I don't have the right equip or item level and so on...

This game is too group dependent, this scares new players and bores those who have little time and want to do a fast pve or pvp.

1 arena with no rewards isn't anough to attract people.

P.S. if you have to answer that the game does not need more instanced content, avoid writing because the open world and instanced are 2 different things, and if one prefers the second it is because he doesn't like the first and for this reason he should not be forced to do it. Actually Open World is a zerg fest.

As a solo player here, I couldn't agree more with this.
      There is not much content for solo player PVP in Blackzone open world, reason being:

1) Whatever the content, be it chest, core, vortex, green, blue, purple. A group of people will come.
      2) Mount buffing also cut-off most solo ganking content.
      3) Chest Box channeling & body looting cooldown typicall killed only content solo player had currently.
      4) Most of the time even if u get to kill 1 people from 2v1 u still cannot get to loot the body, cause u are in low hp and another person is tailing u

Soloing now is a Super High risk, low reward method.
      Where is the High Risk High reward that u promised? SBI?

The post was edited 6 times, last by Blitzkreigzer ().

• ViniciusSanctus wrote:

Thx for the tip but I just can't.
      I usually play with 2 other players and excluding one of them is out of question :(

there is people complaining the blackzone is a zerg-fest (which would mean lots of active players)
      and that there is no fights
      this cant be explained with the same reason.

If we made 3-man Hellgates for you 3 friends, then there would be less fights. what happens if you guys find a 4th friend.. so you see catering to that doesnt work. albion has actually a lot of options for small groups. but to get most out of this game you got to make the effort... exploring things to find your kind of content, making new friends, or finding a suitable guild for you.. its all out there, find it!
      Aaooouuu! wuff wuff [VVolfpack] is recruiting brave Warriors. Disc:v3gPFU7yzz
    • Hello. This game is slowly dying. Collecting is not profitable. Or doing PvE content on BZ. All the time zerg PK. I lost my enjoyment of the game a few months ago. Risk and earnings are not enough. The game is now at the stage where players are leaving the game. I hope the people behind this understand that it's time to give people the fun of the game.
    • I have a theory about this.

It would stand to reason that a decent arena would be a great thing. Or decent queues and stuff. Things that benefit solo player PvP are good because casual players are often solo players and casuals are good for the game in a lot of ways. And SBI knows that. That's why they slyly keep nerfing gankers, with stronger mounts and etc. However, AO is a newbie crusher simulator and, if they don't push people into the OW, the groups and guilds that do ganking and shit just for kicks will have nothing to do. They'll actually need to get good at the game. And those are the people that keep on playing because they have a community here. They'll keep playing even if the game turns to complete shit.

So, adding a decent, fair and interesting PvP mode that benefits solo players could "save" the game, but it's risky. The whole "full-loot PvP risk vs. reward" bullshit is basically saying that this is an assymetrical game, where some people are vastly more powerful than others and those powerful people want to use that power to crush you. What else would a group of players get from chasing someone in a 4.1 56k set around the map? The feeling of power that a serial killer gets from murdering innocents. And SBI knows that as well.

As someone else said around these forums, all games are dying eventually and IMHO it would be nice if SBI just moved on to the next game.
    • I do think we need a solid link to player numbers by the hour, day, week, month, year, and all time. I know there are place to see this but it would be nice to just be able to access it on the Albion Online page somewhere. I want to be able to see Albion online numbers combined for mobile, steam players, and client players together & seperate. You guys can do this, I know you can. I know I've heard a lot on the albion show where the speakers are saying 'contrary to what people are saying the numbers are great right now.' Just let us see for ourselves? We all know Albion is here to stay at this point no matter what other game comes to compete with it. It's solidified itself as a classic at this point. We just want to know where we're at as a community.