Pinned Controller Support Live Testing

• Controller Support Live Testing

Greetings Albion Community!

Beginning March 2, you'll be able to play Albion Online with a wide range of standard PC and console controllers, as well as on the newly launched Steam Deck.
      Alternatively, you can also join our staging test server and give it a go right away.

Support on mobile devices

IOS and Android versions will not yet support controllers. We are working on adding support for mobile devices as soon as possible.

How to start testing:

Simply enter the following command into the chat if you want to play with a controller:

• #controller on

To deactivate support again enter:

• #controller off

If a specific gamepad device you are using is not working properly, please also let us know in this post with information about the device manufacturer and model.

Controls

Virtual Mouse
      • You can navigate the game by moving the right stick to move the cursor and "clicking" with the Right Shoulder button
      Radial Menu
      • This allows opening a larger menu to reach all game UI
      • Current plans include extending this as a context menu relevant to the currently selected target
      At launch, all controls will have fixed button bindings. We are planning to add custom bindings in the future.The bindings are as follows:

Ingame Controls

ActionDefault Binding
      MoveLeft Stick
      Dynamic ActionRight Trigger
      Attack (Auto targeting)A / Cross
      Spell ModifierLeft Trigger
      Spell Self Cast ModifierLeft Shoulder
      Main Hand OneX / Square
      Main Hand TwoY / Triangle
      Main Hand Three Or Off HandB / Circle
      ArmorSpell Modifier + X / Square
      HeadSpell Modifier + Y / Triangle
      ShoesSpell Modifier + B / Circle
      PotionD-Pad Up
      FoodD-Pad Left
      MountLeft Stick Press
      OverChargeLeft Trigger + D-Pad Up
      Select Next Target (Cycle)Right Shoulder
      Select Next Party MemberLeft Trigger + Right Shoulder
      Inspect TargetD-Pad Right
      Clear TargetRight Shoulder (Hold)
      Open Inventory / Close all UIStart
      Toggle Radial MenuRight Stick Press
      Toggle ChatD-Pad Down
      Open Region MapSelect
      Open World MapLeft Trigger + Select
      Zoom Mini MapLeft Trigger + D-Pad Right
      Toggle Vanity SpellsLeft Trigger + D-Pad Left
      Ping Own LocationLeft Trigger + D-Pad Down
      Game Camera Zoom In/OutLeft Shoulder + D-Pad Up/Down

UI Controls

General Use
      • Using the D-Pad arrows for navigation between clickable UI elements
      • Confirming a selection with the A / Cross button
      • The B / Circle button to close a UI
      Window Context

You can switch the active window context via the Left and Right Trigger buttons. This will select the next window in the equivalent direction.

ActionDefault Binding
      Close All UIStart
      Move Selection UpD-Pad Up
      Move Selection DownD-Pad Down
      Move Selection LeftD-Pad Left
      Move Selection RightD-Pad Right
      Confirm SelectionA / Cross
      Cancel SelectionB / Circle
      Move ItemX / Square
      Equip ItemY / Triangle
      Click Virtual Mouse ButtonRight Trigger
      Switch Window To LeftLeft Shoulder
      Switch Window To RightRight Shoulder
      Next TabLeft Trigger
      Toggle FlyoutRight Stick Press

Known Issues:

Switch Pro Controller: Currently only supported via Bluetooth connection.
    • Very happy to see the work that has gone into this project! I've set up keymapped controllers on mobile in the past, but it was less than ideal since it was still intended to be played with touch controls. This is a great step forward and having new accessibility options, as well as hopefully Albion on other platforms in the near future, will be an awesome site to see!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Azlen ().

• @Nesnes

"IOS and Android versions will not yet support controllers. We are working on adding support for mobile devices as soon as possible."

This just made my day. Thank you so much! I'm sure you realize your biggest audience that's been vocal about controller support are your mobile gamers. Steam Deck will not be nearly as accessible/available to a majority

With that being said. Please please don't lock mobile support for controllers to xbox/steam controller specific. Make it open source to allow for things like the Razer Kishi as seen on this albion reddit post:
      reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…tm_medium=web2x&context=3

Thank you and happy programming!
    • I'll likely have more feedback later, but there are a few things which immediately seem more difficult than they possibly should be while using a controller versus using keyboard and mouse, or mobile:

1. Inventory control - selecting items out of a container on the ground into inventory is very cumbersome. There's nothing that makes it immediately evident that you need to press X to move the item to your inventory from the drop.
      2. Attacking after movement is painful if you don't know to press A. I just saw it on the list above and haven't tried it myself but I'm sure it's much nicer than trying to double trigger on a mob after moving to avoid damage.
      3. Moving while the zone map is open looks to be impossible - maybe control of the map should be relegated to the right stick?
      4. I would love the ability to remap controls. The concept of a spell modifier is nice, but I want to be able to customize so combat feels less clunky. A combo right now is X, Left Trigger+B, and that's not the easiest to pull off sometimes.
      Excellent idea putting this behind a feature flag like "#controller on". It makes switching back and forth a breeze.

Overall, I truly appreciate the great work you've put into this so far and I can't wait to see how you iterate on it further!
    • I'm using an Xbox One controller (only a couple months old) and movement with the left stick is really choppy, like my character is trying to snap in different directions unless I hold the stick straight up, down, left or right. I don't have this issue on this controller with any other game, so I know the issue is not my controller. It would be really nice if movement could get smoothed out, because overall I love using a controller for PvE content.
      Also, while holding right trigger to move your cursor should not disappear. The cursor should only disappear when there are no relative inputs happening. Menus need a lot of work as well.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ezzy ().

• I'm happy to finally have controller support. I am using a steam controller and an x-box controller. I know it's still in the early stages but here are a few suggestions.

1. Opening the Map should not stop your character from moving. The left stick should still control your character's movement, the right stick can be used to move the map around. If you want to select something, the middle of the screen is the area that gets highlighted (think of it as if the mouse cursor is in the middle while you move the map around with the right stick).
      2. When using a skill without a target selected (tapping the skill button), the skill should cast instantly where the character is facing. If the skill is an area type skill (one with a circle where you cast it in range), an argument could be made about it either: casting instantly at the direction your character is facing at it's maximum range, or using the left stick to indicate where it should be cast; an option in the settings to toggle between either would be great.
      3. When holding down the skill button while having an enemy targeted, i.e. holding down X, the skill reticle should be shown, a moving or flicking the movement or left stick would indicate where the skill should be cast, releasing the button casts it. This should mimic the capabilities of keyboard and mouse gameplay.
      4. You should still be able to use the mouse while in controller mode. Having both control schemes active would be great, the UI should simply react as to which control scheme is being used, i.e., moving the mouse, the ui would remove the confirm etc buttons at the lower right, while moving the controller sticks/pressing keys would show them.
      5. Selecting using the D-Pad seems to be a bit finicky. A clearer indicator as to which is highlighted would be great.
      6. Being on the market/storage platform, pressing RT should instantly open the interface. Currently, as far is I've tested, it's a bit hard trying to open the marketplace. I either have to use the right stick and press RT or try moving around hoping that my hidden reticle touches the npc.
      7. The ability to remap controller controls would be awesome.

My reason for why the left stick should be used instead of the right is I'm using a steam controller, the right stick is more of a touch pad, and even if I'm on the xbox controller it's a bit hard to press a button with my thumb while moving the right stick with the same thumb. An option of either left or right stick would be the best choice.
    • (PS4 controller connected to laptop by phone charger. One side wire is USB (as in, wired mouse, USB drive, etc), other side is phone charger that connects into PS4 controller, acting as charger and connector)

Did not fully test this, but when I opened inventory, at the bottom it said Square to move items. Square did nothing though.

[EDIT] in inventory. not bank. not sure whether the Square to move was to move items from bank to inventory. Server currently on maintenance.

[EDIT2] It transfers from inventory to bank, so i guess i didnt really get the usage of Square. I thought square was used to move the items around freely, but apparently its to move from one location to another, like from inventory to bank, or bank to inventory.

I can use R2 to move it freely within my inventory.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Alfura ().

• Bonjour

Vieille joueuse (et joueuse vieille) exclusivement sur xbox et PS j'ai commencé le jeu ALbion il y a 1.5 mois
      uniquement parce que j'ai trouvé un logiciel permettant de jouer avec une manette xbox, je suis donc ravie
      que les dev d'Albion ont pensé aux joueurs "non pc".
      Mes objectifs du jeu sont la pêche, l'agriculture et le pve...

Les points + :
      * l'aggro automatique du pnj le plus proche avec la touche A qui l'identifie avec le triangle rouge au dessus de sa tête est FORMIDABLE !!!!!
      * le déplacement avec le stick gauche (qui n'est pas trop saccadé)
      * au marché, lorsque l'on navigue dans les objets à vendre, le cadre de sélection du produit est bien visible
      * en agriculture, la récolte, l'ensemencement et la focalisation sont faciles à effectuer
      * les fonctions des touches de la manette sont pensées comme un jeu de console
      * le menu radial est très ergonomique

Les points - ou à améliorer :
      * PECHE : après avoir jeté l'hameçon dans un spot (ou pas) et lorsque le poisson mord, SI on est proche de sa monture
      ou d'une ressource à farmer, il est IMPOSSIBLE de remonter le poisson car la touche RT se met automatiquement sur la monture ou la ressource plutôt que d'actionner le moulinet de la canne à pêche. Donc la pêche avec la configuration actuelle de la manette est IMPOSSIBLE.
      * la sélection des objets dans un coffre ou l'inventaire se fait avec un entourage blanc qui est beaucoup trop fin et les éléments sélectionnés ne sont pas visibles : épaissir ce trait blanc de sélection ou changer la couleur blanche en rouge.
      * au marché : la sélection des différentes fonctions : vendre, acheter , ordre de vente etc.... est très difficilement visible car là aussi le trait est trop fin
      * lorsque l'on veut récupérer les ressources qu'un travailleur a récupéré, nous sommes obligés de sélectionner sa touche "prendre" avec le curseur RT car aucun bouton n'est prévu pour cela
      * sur le panneau du destin, impossible de zoomer avec RB et les croix directionnelles

Merci infiniment pour cette nouvelle fonctionnalité !!!!

"Amoncelle"
    • Using Xbox controller

Fishing is difficult because it seems the only fishing button is the dynamic action (right trigger) and if you are standing next to your mount then you cannot hook the fish/reel them in. If you move the right joystick while waiting for a bite and have the cursor in the water it seems to solve this problem. However, if the fish takes too long to bite and the cursor disappears then you are back to having the problem with the mount

*edit* fishing actually seems pretty bugged with the controller. I keep getting stuck next to the water and unable to move away.

Selling items on the market was also rather difficult. The D pad did not seem to navigate the menu well.

I think mount should be excluded from the dynamic action button all together. Too many occasions where I try to gather something and end up mounting by accident. Instead of the left joystick button being mount it should be some combo of the triggers/bumpers.

It would be nice to still have access to the mouse even with the controller set to on

I have always thought this game would work really well with a controller. Especially the mobile version. I am excited you guys are working on it.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Arvidak ().

• Bonjour

Merci pour les améliorations demandées qui ont été améliorer:

* la sélection des objets dans un coffre ou l'inventaire se fait avec un entourage blanc qui est beaucoup trop fin et les éléments sélectionnés ne sont pas visibles : épaissir ce trait blanc de sélection ou changer la couleur blanche en rouge.
      LA SELECTION A MAINTENANT UN DOUBLE TRAIT BEAUCOUP VISIBLE, AU TOP!
      * au marché : la sélection des différentes fonctions : vendre, acheter , ordre de vente etc.... est très difficilement visible car là aussi le trait est trop fin :
      TRAIT TOUJOURS UN PEU FIN MAIS LE FOND DU CRITERE SELECTIONNE EST MAINTENANT AVEC UN FOND ROUGE, DONC BEAUCOUP PLUS VISIBLE
      * lorsque l'on veut récupérer les ressources qu'un travailleur a récupéré, nous sommes obligés de sélectionner sa touche "prendre" avec le curseur RT car aucun bouton n'est prévu pour cela
      NIKEL DE RECUPERER AVEC LA TOUCHE A
      * sur le panneau du destin, impossible de zoomer avec RB et les croix directionnelles
      PAS VU DE ZOOM MAIS LE DEPLACEMENT EST BEAUCOUP PLUS SIMPLE

Par ailleurs, pour la pêche "après avoir jeté l'hameçon dans un spot (ou pas) et lorsque le poisson mord, si on est proche de sa monture ou d'une ressource à farmer, il est impossible de remonter le poisson car la touche RT se met automatiquement sur la monture ou la ressource plutôt que d'actionner le moulinet de la canne à pêche.
      PROBLEME RESOLU DE CE COTE LA

MAIS MALHEUREUSEMENT LE "SYMBOLE POISSON" (INDIQUANT QU'IL EST POSSIBLE DE PECHER A CET ENDROIT LA ) N'APPARAIT PAS SOUVENT MEME SI UN SPOT DE PECHE EST VISIBLE ET IL EST DONC IMPOSSIBLE DE REMONTER LE MOULINET.... PEUT ETRE FAUDRAIT IL QUE CE SYMBOLE APPARAISSE SUR TOUS LES PLANS D'EAU.

Merci pour votre réactivité...
    • Hello moderators! I'm having a problem using my controller in albion. I activated the #controller mode on and it didn't work, I checked if I was wrong with it. But there was nothing wrong. As quoted above by the moderator's post. Here is the data of the control that is not working: - Brand: Dazz
    • I am also having issues with the controller. I am playing on Steam with an Xbox bluetooth controller. I type #controller on. I get the message saying controller support is enabled, but then nothing changes. I still can't use my controller at all. I have messed with all the settings on Steam and in the game, but nothing. Not sure if I am missing something here?
    • Arvidak wrote:

Using Xbox controller

Fishing is difficult because it seems the only fishing button is the dynamic action (right trigger) and if you are standing next to your mount then you cannot hook the fish/reel them in. If you move the right joystick while waiting for a bite and have the cursor in the water it seems to solve this problem. However, if the fish takes too long to bite and the cursor disappears then you are back to having the problem with the mount

*edit* fishing actually seems pretty bugged with the controller. I keep getting stuck next to the water and unable to move away.

Selling items on the market was also rather difficult. The D pad did not seem to navigate the menu well.

I think mount should be excluded from the dynamic action button all together. Too many occasions where I try to gather something and end up mounting by accident. Instead of the left joystick button being mount it should be some combo of the triggers/bumpers.

It would be nice to still have access to the mouse even with the controller set to on

I have always thought this game would work really well with a controller. Especially the mobile version. I am excited you guys are working on it.
      I have also noticed as of today that fishing is pretty buggy. It doesn't seem to detect that you are close to water. So there is no prompt to start fishing unless you use the right stick to hover over the water (like a mouse would). I also experienced the issue where the right stick will go to sleep and you have to wiggle the right stick to wake it up before you can reel in a catch. I'm also experiencing a bug where sometimes I'll be on the shore trying to fish, and my character will bug out. I can rotate the character, but can't move in any direction. And if I try to cast, the action starts and the immediately cancels. I can't unstuck my character unless I exit the game and go back in.
    • Controller Sensibility should be named cursor speed, because it is what it does.

For the moment, I feel the cursor very bad calibrated.
      I want to go quick at full angle of a stick, and slowly/precisely at narrow angles.

Also maybe I would choose to use my left stick for the cursor movement, I didn't see anywhere a way to change the buttons assignments.

By the way, I'm using a Thrustmaster 360 Modena in emulation of a XBox 360 via Steam (which is usually good without extra settings on other games).