A Blue Orb shouldn't give a level 1 HQ 24hrs of charge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Blue Orb shouldn't give a level 1 HQ 24hrs of charge

This is really, truly, the dumbest thing I've seen in the game.

The fact that you can put a level 1 HQ down, find a Blue Orb at some random point during demon hours and zerg it, and be perpetually invulnerable is a massive flaw in the design of low level Headquarters.

For context a blue orb gives a level 3 HQ 1hr 30min of charge, and they spawn very often.

We just attempted a stakeout on a lvl 1 HQ, denied numerous orbs over 4 hours, they get ONE single BLUE orb and they're now invulnerable until the timer in 2 days - minimum

This design is totally awful, their guild now has the ability to set home, gather and gank out of that HQ without fighting for their place in the black zone. We cannot patrol their zone and adjacent zones for orbs 24/7, that's just unrealistic. That's what would be required to evict them though because Orbs clearly give them a totally egregious amount of charge

SBI plz
      IGN/Discord: SwiftShooter (#7700)
    • gmatagmis wrote:

StrongShield wrote:

their guild now has the ability to set home, gather and gank out of that HQ without fighting for their place in the black zone being a slaves in mega-alliance
      As intended.
      That is true but this means that with 1 (one) active player can keep a HQ invulnerable with collecting orbs in the other guild's "sleep time"

Which doesn't realy go with the "You need to actively play as a guild to maintain a HQ"
    • gmatagmis wrote:

StrongShield wrote:

their guild now has the ability to set home, gather and gank out of that HQ without fighting for their place in the black zone being a slaves in mega-alliance
      As intended.
      Why even have Orbs then? May as well just have low level HQ's be perpetually invulnerable at that point. You clearly don't realise how unhealthy that is for the game. It's literally ratting. Getting the benefits of PvP without PvP'ing

You must not even play the game to think a single blue orb giving a day+ of charge is healthy

Funny how the game's turned into whack a mole now every guild and their mother is trying to place down a level 1 Hideout to instantly make a headquarters

They should just make rests better for small guilds to base themselves out of instead of this garbage system
      IGN/Discord: SwiftShooter (#7700)
    • It is a good design. If you are trying to push them out then gank them until it isn't worth staying in the area. They seem active enough and deserve to have a place to call home if they can hold it. If you cannot push them out then enjoy the increased content.
      Don't go away mad, just go away...
    • Oshien wrote:

It is a good design. If you are trying to push them out then gank them until it isn't worth staying in the area. They seem active enough and deserve to have a place to call home if they can hold it. If you cannot push them out then enjoy the increased content.
      I don't think you understand this at all.
      Just gank them doesn't work. If you kill them a couple of times nothing is gonna happen. They not just magicly gonna run out of money if they had enough to put down a HO.
      What you need to do is zone gank them for hours. Which sounds easy enough right?
      Well here is the problems:
      You need your whole ganking group to stay on stand by, stay on ava entrances, normal map entrances and HQ entrances so they cannot get any content.
      In the mean time they can literaly just go do any other content. Which means you are waiting whit your whole ganking group not getting anyone because they can just deny you content with not doing anything. And they just gonna pop-out from HQ see if we still there. Not there? Let's get free cores.
      Other problem with this that any decent group that is running around for chest is gonna wipe your ganking party.

If you can tell me an example of HQ that got destroyed because they run out energy (meaning energy cores would be balanced, and it's possible to starve someone out) I would appreciate that. Cheers!
    • If we want good content we go to the maps next to us and get good fights with good groups. These guys don't give good content, they go to small chest with flat 4 rat gear and run when they see us. It's annoying to lose good gathering nods and leveled up mobs to shitters who don't do anything to deserve their spot. And with the new changes I can't even punish them if I am not running in ganking gear.

So you are right. It would be good content if only guilds who actualy deserved these HQ could put them down :)
    • Tabor wrote:

You should want people to live in your zone for content. I dont understand why any guild would only want their own and ally HOs in zone. You looking to just run around and click rocks?
      When you are not good at the game, like the owner of the post, you prefer to keep everyone away. Including new guilds with the fresh spirit to actually play the game.
      I bet he is getting his ass kicked so hard and now he cant kick the dudes out of their zone.
    • The idea of orb's was good, too bad it ended up as usual with flat 4 rats simulator, almost like everything in this game.

Tabor wrote:

You should want people to live in your zone for content. I dont understand why any guild would only want their own and ally HOs in zone. You looking to just run around and click rocks?
      Only in theory, it is known that most people in BZ are players with the mentality of YZ... who want 100% safe gathering, famefarm etc..
      the only thing these people have brought to BZ is killing content for solo players.
    • TheRoadExplorer wrote:

If we want good content we go to the maps next to us and get good fights with good groups. These guys don't give good content, they go to small chest with flat 4 rat gear and run when they see us. It's annoying to lose good gathering nods and leveled up mobs to shitters who don't do anything to deserve their spot. And with the new changes I can't even punish them if I am not running in ganking gear.

So you are right. It would be good content if only guilds who actualy deserved these HQ could put them down :)

If they got qualified, they deserve it.
      Your perspective from the game wont chance that. You talk like the NO SHOW mentality does not exist in this game.
      You are selfish as fuck and will never understand how this game truly works.
      If you cant guarantee a single fucking gathering node for your own then you need to quit the game. Or where is your guild? Mass up 20 and clean the rats.
      Oh you cant, why? so many move speed builds? You cant catch them? Bullshit.
      It's just confirm YOU are the one not ready to play in lethal zones if your guild is being eaten by rats.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DeadlyWipe ().

• Quagga wrote:

The idea of orb's was good, too bad it ended up as usual with flat 4 rats simulator, almost like everything in this game.

Tabor wrote:

Only in theory, it is known that most people in BZ are players with the mentality of YZ... who want 100% safe gathering, famefarm etc..the only thing these people have brought to BZ is killing content for solo players.
      You are wrong. Even if you want, you are not safe in bz.
      The few noobs you see moving around are next to the realmgates because they cant have acess to any guild located around.
      There is more content for solo players than ever but when you are fucking bad like you there is nothing you can do about it.
      Thet content you want is only your concern, find your way to get it or shut up because you are not helping at all.

Now about the rat simulatior... Its Albion. And you should know that.
      But a decent group shoulndt be stopped by few rats. Everyone that is complaining, you guys know the main problem is your own guild allowing them to do that.
      They play more than you, they have a better teamwork than your guild and thats the difference.
      You dont wanna mass up a party to guarantee a Green or Blue core, they do. And thats why they will always get it. Simple.

The post was edited 3 times, last by DeadlyWipe ().

• DeadlyWipe wrote:

Your perspective from the game wont chance that. You talk like the NO SHOW mentality does not exist in this game.
      If you cant guarantee a single fucking gathering node for your own then you need to quit the game. Or where is your guild? Mass up 20 and clean the rats.
      It's just confirm YOU are the one not ready to play in lethal zones if your guild is being eaten by rats.
      Pay 2 million a week for HO, put 300 retards there with YZ rat mentality. tell everyone that's where you deserve HO, farm until you can get HQ and enjoy the game.
      take content away from everyone who really deserves it.. Albion Online 2k22

edit: Perfect example is CHINA in t8 zones, they run in t3 blob flat 4 gear on t3 horses. and HO they have with rent. They deserve END GAME resources and content haha

I wish mercia would come back

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quagga ().

• Quagga wrote:

DeadlyWipe wrote:

Pay 2 million a week for HO, put 300 retards there with YZ rat mentality. tell everyone that's where you deserve HO, farm until you can get HQ and enjoy the game.take content away from everyone who really deserves it.. Albion Online 2k22

edit: Perfect example is CHINA in t8 zones, they run in t3 blob flat 4 gear on t3 horses. and HO they have with rent. They deserve END GAME resources and content haha

I wish mercia would come back

Deserving: Is about getting qualified through the system, not through the community right sense.
      Accept that or quit.