Stack/Sort in the Inventory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So hot take.

How about you give us the option to customize the UI ourselves? That way we can choose what 2 buttons we want in the place of new Wardrobe button and give us the option to swap the buttons around? That why you dont have to change stuff for every player, but give them the option to choose what they want
    • You guys are taking so much decissions about gamer keys funcionality without proper feedback and releasing it live
      and hoping people "gets used to it" without caring so much about what people have to say about this changes.

Let's not forget that you guys recently, change the position of food and potions in the inventory menu, so u now have it
      in differents positions than the ones it used to be, and your explanation about doing that, on that time, it really makes no
      much sense. I remember spending a few days still confusing the potions and the food position on the numbers, but I
      just let it pass.!

And now you're releasing this update about sort/stack buttons that's bad as hell, again without caring so much
      about how YOUR UX DESIGN is affecting PEOPLE DAILY, and you're taking not only days but WEEKS to at least
      revert it untill you come with a better solution for the community, and that's WRONG, to say at least.

We the player deserves a little more respect, and the best way of doing that is fixing things at the way it used to be in a fast way.
    • personally, I don't mind the button placement and your reasoning is solid: stack and sort with the inventory, loadouts and wardrobe with equipped gear

however, the stack/sort NEED to be larger; it's very difficult to use them on mobile now

GrayMo wrote:

When it comes to the Wardrobe we wanted to make it more convenient to switch your skins when updating your equipment. Maybe this is not quite as important for hardcore players who have skins disabled, however, we have a great number of players who like to look the part when changing their playstyle by swapping items.
      while I never used vanity items, I used the "no helmet" and "no cape" shown for quite some time and I never had to apply them to newly equipped items; they are permanently "on"

do the other vanity items behave differently?
    • thas in test server status alll they do is changing the icon to name..

DaRuhl wrote:

I appreciated GrayMo's post on February 1st addressing this issue.

However, as it's now Feb 22nd, and there has been no further communication on this issue, I find their opening line:

"Sorry for keeping quiet on the topic for so long."

Pretty ironic.

-DR
    • DeadlyWipe wrote:

I bet after few weeks everyone will get used to the new buttons.
      No reason to revert it anymore.
      I'm still frustrated by the button swap, but I am more irritated by their reasoning for the change. Moving the buttons away from the area that all the players look at and interact with, to make them associate with inventory? It makes no sense. If anything, the market value of inventory should have been at the top with all the other relevant information.

They put one piece of information at the bottom of the screen where people don't look, and then they decided that information was lonely. So they stuck buttons down there to keep it company.

Makes no sense.

If this is the way though, SBI should move the weight down to the bottom as well. At least be consistent. Inventory stuff at the bottom, not inventory stuff at the top.

Messing with hundreds of thousands of players muscle memory to fiddle with buttons no one had problems with. Is just another, it wasn't broke! Let's brake it! situation.
      ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
      (not to be eaten!)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Piddle wrote:

DeadlyWipe wrote:

I'm still frustrated by the button swap, but I am more irritated by their reasoning for the change. Moving the buttons away from the area that all the players look at and interact with, to make them associate with inventory? It makes no sense. If anything, the market value of inventory should have been at the top with all the other relevant information.
      They put one piece of information at the bottom of the screen where people don't look, and then they decided that information was lonely. So they stuck buttons down there to keep it company.

Makes no sense.

If this is the way though, SBI should move the weight down to the bottom as well. At least be consistent. Inventory stuff at the bottom, not inventory stuff at the top.

Messing with hundreds of thousands of players muscle memory to fiddle with buttons no one had problems with. Is just another, it wasn't broke! Let's brake it! situation.
      and in bank.. sort stack still top side.. so u need go top side left and bottom side rigth..
    • I think this is the new normal, and I'm already mostly used to it, by being forced to. So all I am really hoping for is that they think about things a little more before they do them, and maybe ask some actual people.

I think its the task oriented nature of the developers. Someone is just like LETS CHANGE THE PLOT ICONS!. And they make these really nice looking icons for the plots, and they look super clean and artsy. They were really nice.

Just not for AO. We don't need to guess which of the minimalist art deco icons means blacksmith or saddler. We didn't really need our buttons moved around.
      ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
      (not to be eaten!)
    • Hi everyone,

with today's patch we have updated the Stack/ Sort Buttons to display as text rather than as Icons on PC. Additionally, you can now configure Hotkeys for both Stacking and Sorting of your inventory as long as the Inventory is open.

I hope this helps with the issues you have been having.

Cheers,
      -Mo

• GrayMo wrote:

Hi everyone,

with today's patch we have updated the Stack/ Sort Buttons to display as text rather than as Icons on PC. Additionally, you can now configure Hotkeys for both Stacking and Sorting of your inventory as long as the Inventory is open.

I hope this helps with the issues you have been having.

Cheers,
      -Mo
      Fair compromise, I am pleased.
      Thank you.
      Guild Master of American Craftsman
      ~Discord gb5Xdpr~
      T8 Quarrier, Miner, Lumberjack, Skinner, Harvester, Fisher