SBI deleting inactive accounts?

• SBI deleting inactive accounts?

This is weird, but I notice sometimes characters are just gone, and it is months after they quit the game, while others leave for a year or more and still exist. They will disappear from my friend list and I search them, and the character doesn't exist anymore. These are people I still talk to on Discord also, and in one case someone I know in real life. Does SBI delete characters for inactivity? One actually co-owned me to her island before she quit and I had some animals there. Luckily nothing of great monetary value, but I have a few animals gifted to me, which were living there as "pets". Anyway, not a huge deal, but very odd.

Is there a criteria for SBI deleting accounts, or is it random? I know of people who quit longer ago but their characters still exist.
    • YeSer wrote:

but your friend still able to loging?
      Don't know. They are people who quit the game. I would rather get an answer here than ask them to reinstall the game to see if at least their account still exists. I just think it is odd that some people who stopped playing get wiped, and others don't. I have a friend who quit for a year and a few months, and his character still existed, and he logged back in recently. On the other hand, other friends have quit, and their characters wiped. These are people who I know didn't RMT also. So it wasn't that.

Maybe character inventory is a factor? One of the deleted people gave me everything before she quit, while the friend who was offline over a year and came back, he had a lot of stuff on his account.
    • YeSer wrote:

In my list there ppl baned for 220 years and still exist after months i think they dont delete acount , its just ur friend eliminated u or u click on the bottom accidentally, in albion its no double check to delete frieds, happens alot to me
      No you don't understand. I was also co-owner on one of the islands of the people who quit. I can't undo that even if I want to. And the person quit Albion. She didn't decide to come on and delete me or her character. We are still friends on Discord. As a test, I sent a new friend request, and got the error message "Character doesn't exist". There is no dispute, characters get deleted for inactivity. I am just trying to understand the criteria, because it is not just amount of time.
    • Damn,,, Okay I have to backtrack a bit. I was wrong, the person with the island still exists, and the island is still on my list. Not sure what I was smoking that day. Butttt it does happen to other characters, and I am going to give proof.

This is a real life friend of mine who I brought into the game, and he quit after playing for a few weeks. He didn't give me his stuff, he just one day decided he is never logging on again and uninstalled. As he is my friend in real life, I know with 100% certainty that he never reinstalled the game for the sole purpose of deleting his character.

His name is TheReaLInVasMani which for those of you know played UO, you know "In Vas Mani" was the chant for the heal spell. He wanted to play a healer, and since UO, he used the name InVasMani in other games, but by the time he got to Albion, someone else took that name, so he had to be 'TheReaLInVasMani' instead. Anyways, not the point, I went on a tangent there. Here is proof that TheReaLInVasMani existed at one point, straight from Albion's directory:

Here is the error message I get when I try to send TheReaLInVasMani a party invite:

If you're wondering if maybe I made a slight typo, no. I copy and pasted directly from the Albion character directory shown in the first pic.

Coincidentally, you get the same with the original guy who named himself InVasMani here in Albion. He is in the character directory, but a party or friend request shows he don't exist. I won't bother posting a second set of pics though. You get the idea. Now this friend, TheReaLInVasMani, he played for a few weeks and quit. I don't think he ever got premium and he certainly never got an island. Is that possibly the factor? No premium means delete after certain amount of inactive time?
    • SHARKY wrote:

Maybe the ones that vanish from your list have actually deleted the characters themselves before quitting, while the ones still on your list have quit, uninstalled but not deleted their characters?
      Nope, like I said, the one who is a friend in real life, I know he didn't reinstall just to delete his guy. I sent that reply at around the same time as you sent this, so you might have missed that one. There is 0 chance my real life friend, who sat on my friend list for 2 months after he quit, before I finally deleted him, decided "Hey I am going to reinstall this game and delete my character but tell my friend I didn't". hehe
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

Maybe the ones that vanish from your list have actually deleted the characters themselves before quitting, while the ones still on your list have quit, uninstalled but not deleted their characters?
      Nope, like I said, the one who is a friend in real life, I know he didn't reinstall just to delete his guy. I sent that reply at around the same time as you sent this, so you might have missed that one. There is 0 chance my real life friend, who sat on my friend list for 2 months after he quit, before I finally deleted him, decided "Hey I am going to reinstall this game and delete my character but tell my friend I didn't". hehe
      keep making stuff up
    • Hey @Blenfjorn,

We're not deleting accounts unless people ask us to. If your friend said that they haven't done anything of the sort, then I do not see a reason why the account shouldn't still be there.

Which brings us to the error message that you screenshotted and had me intrigued (and also saw the same message when using the copypasted name from this thread) - as normally, it would give you an "xxx is offline" message.
      I've checked with a bunch of character names that I know exist - for some, I've received the same message you screenshotted, for some, I've received "is offline". So far no idea why that might be the case - something for QA to figure out.

Anyways, the tl;dr is: I don't see a reason why your friend shouldn't reinstall and come back.

-Talion
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything: the dreams where I can fly.
    • Talion wrote:

Hey @Blenfjorn,

We're not deleting accounts unless people ask us to. If your friend said that they haven't done anything of the sort, then I do not see a reason why the account shouldn't still be there.

Which brings us to the error message that you screenshotted and had me intrigued (and also saw the same message when using the copypasted name from this thread) - as normally, it would give you an "xxx is offline" message.
      I've checked with a bunch of character names that I know exist - for some, I've received the same message you screenshotted, for some, I've received "is offline". So far no idea why that might be the case - something for QA to figure out.

Anyways, the tl;dr is: I don't see a reason why your friend shouldn't reinstall and come back.

-Talion
      Thank you for the response and for checking into this! Glad to know that it caught your attention! Very much appreciated!