Feedback on Lands awakened - open world focused patch, from an open world veteran player perspective.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• There was so many suggestions how to address the n+1 issue that it doesn't make sense to restate these all.

Just in General, Roads was ment to be a place for solo and small scale - it sucks and is not.

With Roads there could be Single portals to maps that enforce solo play.

Like no group, friendly fire, no guild / name display just to name some

Yet either complete branches of the roads could be solo player areas and NONE would be hurt in Zerg feelings.

But i think that ship has sailed long ago. It was proposed a thousand times, they simply not seem to be interested to provide anything for solo ..

And asking for solo features seems almost Prophane..
    • Hello @Mytherceria , @Retroman , @Nesnes, @PrintsKaspian , @JudgeNutmeg,

Can I have official statement on the studio approach to my feedback ?

How does studio feel about imbalance created in fights and fight mechanics that grew across years ? I would like to have some hints, whether such feedbacks are any useful to you, how does this look from people who have bigger understanding on future development plans, have knowledge how these changes went live and whether they has been any evaluation how the basics of this game changed across years and whether it falls alongisde studio's vision or there are plans to discuss/re-evaluate what I put in doubts in this thread?

I would be grateful for any response on that, regardless if it's just big no or giving us hope that studio will commit to look closely on these problems I described. I can just mention that the community feedback mostly comes from solo players, which means the group pvp player base, I always had to support me, has been butchered and are no longer around to voice out their needs or simply don't care anymore believing there's nothing community can do anymore, it hasn't been like that and I don't agree, we can't influence studio to make Albion a better game for everyone, Please prove them wrong,

Thanks in advance,
      Cheers

The post was edited 1 time, last by glokz ().

• Here's a thought. Rather than giving a large groups a debuff how about giving small groups a buff? If you enter a bz in a party of 2-5 you get a significant buff. Buff can provide + to HP% dmg and dmg reduction. The buff is lost when you have a group of 6 and above.

Technically you could use this in ZvZ by splitting your zergs into groups of 5 but if you can coordinate groups of 100-300 players all split into small parties of 5 than perhaps you deserve to own the zone.

What it would do however is provide a legit small roaming party a fighting chance against a stupidly large group that shows up to open a small chest. As an example 3 of us were against what appeared to be about 15 players from the same guild coming to claim a small chest. You can hold your ground for a bit but over time you are not wiping everyone out.

So perhaps instead of focusing on debuffing large groups think about buffing small ones. (But please don't provide a buff to a solo player as that would just be dumb).
    • Worros wrote:

Here's a thought. Rather than giving a large groups a debuff how about giving small groups a buff? If you enter a bz in a party of 2-5 you get a significant buff. Buff can provide + to HP% dmg and dmg reduction. The buff is lost when you have a group of 6 and above.
      I think focus fire is exactly doing that, but it's pretty outdated and IMO it doesn't do the job well, some adjustments are needed

CassX wrote:

glokz wrote:

Hello @Mytherceria , @Retroman , @Nesnes, @PrintsKaspian , @JudgeNutmeg,

Can I have official statement on the studio approach to my feedback ?
      No answer is also an answer, right? ;)
      (btw, Mytherceria is no longer here..)
      Well, I didn't know, haven't been here for few months.

Anyway, It seems they had some discussion as new NDA post says:

We are currently working on another bigger balance patch. One of the main topics is the rework of CC Duration scaling and how Diminishing Returns affect the game. We also want to improve the open world experience for small to mid-scale fights, putting more emphasis on survival chances when smaller groups encounter a bigger group. We will also keep working on the War Gloves and make them more attractive to use in different types of content, as well as other general adjustments for various content types. However since the majority of our staff is now going into their christmas break and the patch contains a lot of changes, you can expect these changes to hit Staging early / mid January, which means the changes hit the live server probably late January. I already wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

That's enough for me to realize this is under discussion and this is everything I could count for bringing up topics in here,

But now I have other thoughts like duration of chests and how to little bit downscale the content. IMO medium chests should be 10mins and large 15mins, because currently whole guilds make CTA and large chests are mainly taken without a fight.

Medium and small chests are both contested by the same sized parties and I haven't seen medium chest being taken by less than 5players. I think that the shorter time there is to get the reward, the more pvp opportunity it would create as this is heavily driven by the 'spontaneous' aspect of this content. The more time guilds have to do CTA on discord and gather big party, the less chances there will be a fight over it. That is because bigger group will always take the objective and the smaller one will bail out. That's the reality.
    • its a marketing for mobile tactic. Making the game more about numbers makes people recruit their friends since gameplay is as simple as click and boom damage i am bow boy. Watch, they will simplify the game as much as possible. then make it all about zergs. maybe theyll even go crypto- which will just push out all the legit players and the game will fizzle or turn into a chinese slave market.