Filling Labourer Journals - Post Patch

• Filling Labourer Journals - Post Patch

I've had a google and a browse of the forum, I couldn't find an answer, but if anyone does know if another thread has been made about this, please link in a comment.

I came back to Albion post new update, realised I was poor, sold my labourers (Tier 7 to Tier 8 ) to restart from Tier 2,

I went to fill Fletcher journals (Tier 2), used 2k wood to make bows to fill the journal, but it only filled 4, I don't remember it being this
      savage before. I feel like I am missing something, or something has changed, or has filling journals gone down the pan?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Adeleigh: Had an emoji instead of Tier 8 ().

• Journal changes: After an economic analysis of resource returns and crafting efficiencies across the game, it was found that the large amounts of resource generation produced by laborers was negatively impacting the profitability of both gathering and crafting. As a result, a reduction in the overall output of laborers was necessary. The amount of Fame required to fill crafting journals has consequently been tripled, though this change has been somewhat counterbalanced by an increase to the amount of Fame received when crafting enchanted items.
      • Tripled the Fame required to fill Crafting Laborer Journals
      Testserver Patch Notes 2.0 - Lands Awakened Update
    • Thank you for your response,

So this change harms the players that are just getting started but rewards the people that can afford to buy enchanted logs, focus refine, and make bows.

I can't say I am a fan of this, makes labourers on islands a waste of time and non profitable.

Thank you Gabumon for finding this, I did look, you must have the eyes of an eagle XD
    • Adeleigh wrote:

Thank you for your response,

So this change harms the players that are just getting started but rewards the people that can afford to buy enchanted logs, focus refine, and make bows.

I can't say I am a fan of this, makes labourers on islands a waste of time and non profitable.

Thank you Gabumon for finding this, I did look, you must have the eyes of an eagle XD
      This hurts WAAAAAAY more old and wealthy players, make no mistake. Laborer empires are right now in a VERY rough situation.
      No problem! Glad to help
    • I've been thinking this over a lot since about a month before the update. I have 3 islands with 33 houses and 99 imbuers. I'm fairly new so I've only got 6 houses at T8, and the rest at T6. But, the profit margin on journals is at best break even now. I've stopped doing higher tier journals because I can sell the full journal for more than I paid for it and more than I'll get if I have my laborer use it.... (I don't craft, I just buy full journals and sell the proceeds.) Empty journals have flooded the market and is primarily the reason for break even or even losses on journaling.

I'm thinking of replacing my laborers with Mercenaries. I can fill 99 journals per day, usually, because of the increase fame in open world.... At least I don't have to worry about competing for a couple % margin on the market if I'm using Mercenary laborers...

Not sure where to go.... I could end up quitting because I can't make much silver now.

Unless the finished goods prices go way up, buying imbuer journals and selling the goods/empty journal is not profitable.

Anyone have better ideas than mercenary laborers? I don't have the time to fill 99 gatherer journals. Or the desire.
    • Baraddur wrote:

I've been thinking this over a lot since about a month before the update. I have 3 islands with 33 houses and 99 imbuers. I'm fairly new so I've only got 6 houses at T8, and the rest at T6. But, the profit margin on journals is at best break even now. I've stopped doing higher tier journals because I can sell the full journal for more than I paid for it and more than I'll get if I have my laborer use it.... (I don't craft, I just buy full journals and sell the proceeds.) Empty journals have flooded the market and is primarily the reason for break even or even losses on journaling.

I'm thinking of replacing my laborers with Mercenaries. I can fill 99 journals per day, usually, because of the increase fame in open world.... At least I don't have to worry about competing for a couple % margin on the market if I'm using Mercenary laborers...

Not sure where to go.... I could end up quitting because I can't make much silver now.

Unless the finished goods prices go way up, buying imbuer journals and selling the goods/empty journal is not profitable.

Anyone have better ideas than mercenary laborers? I don't have the time to fill 99 gatherer journals. Or the desire.
      stick for a bit with crafting journals, it will balance out over time. Mercenaries are 100% of the time a terrible investment idea, so don't bother.