Why did i get muted for hate speech

• Why did i get muted for hate speech

Edit: realizing this just now i posted in the wrong area: I cant recall ever saying hate speech as i only did mild banter explanations, or straight up what goes around with no intention of propoganda or favoritism or stereotyping, and i’ve seen some very nasty things in chat said yet nothing ever done about it. Are mutes just random or a favoritism thing, because i still need to speak and guild chat and i got my first mute for 5 days, but i still dont think it’s deserved even if “accidental” or a “minor mishaps”. I dont even have a way for telling another person im muted, i just stand there awkwardly in front of them

The post was edited 3 times, last by EscapeTheMeta ().

• Mods are the types of people who get paid in pan-fried potatoes for their work, did you expect them following the rules directly without bias instead of projecting their own interpretations? Hahahah, funny.

Now watch the people from the "You deserved it" camp come raid this thread.
    - You're a monster.
    - Am I?
  • To be fair you have no clue if the people you see saying worse stuff don't also get muted. You might be one of 10 people who got muted in that conversation but you're only aware of your own. Plus they don't literally see everything. If someone says something really bad, you can report it, chances are something will be done if it is really bad.

I actually got muted once for saying "Waka Waka Waka" to someone after Faction KOing them. I was quoting Fozzy Bear from The Muppets. Later, it was pointed out to me that possible they thought I was referencing the "Waka Waka" song by Shakira, and therefore assumed my comment was racist. The mute was only 4 hours though.
  • Blenfjorn wrote:

To be fair you have no clue if the people you see saying worse stuff don't also get muted. You might be one of 10 people who got muted in that conversation but you're only aware of your own. Plus they don't literally see everything. If someone says something really bad, you can report it, chances are something will be done if it is really bad.

I actually got muted once for saying "Waka Waka Waka" to someone after Faction KOing them. I was quoting Fozzy Bear from The Muppets. Later, it was pointed out to me that possible they thought I was referencing the "Waka Waka" song by Shakira, and therefore assumed my comment was racist. The mute was only 4 hours though.
    how do you find out what you said that made u get muted
  • Blenfjorn wrote:

To be fair you have no clue if the people you see saying worse stuff don't also get muted. You might be one of 10 people who got muted in that conversation but you're only aware of your own. Plus they don't literally see everything. If someone says something really bad, you can report it, chances are something will be done if it is really bad.

thats friggin ridiculous. Yo albion, are your mods selected from a raffle
  • I got a warning because I answered a guys question: “how can I safely farm in a high tier area in bz? I’m a beginner”. I told him “you’re looking for a renter guild”.

Never got muted, but that was amusing, cause I got a warning. What for? I didn’t break any rules. I love this game, and I would never bash it, but I got a warning as if that’s a hidden part of the game beginners might get scared by and leave the game. It’s not hard to figure out, even if you’ve been playing for less than a week.

Just posting this so maybe they’re more careful when accepting mod applications. Other than that, thank you to all the mods that clean up the chat. :D
  • Blenfjorn wrote:

LMAO
    Even a white rose has a black shadow.
  • I like when people come out of the woodwork to tell everyone that going around being a piece of trash and screaming whatever you want at whomever you want is a noble ideal. And that anyone who thinks otherwise is just a loser.

Maybe the losers are the ones who can't act within the norms of society? Just a thought. You know, the people that the majority wants removed from where they have to hear them crying like infantile soft handed little keyboard gamers.

If your feelings are so hurt when someone tells you to shut up. Then maybe you should find a safer place than public chat. Try SwoleBenji's discord. Lot of like minded people there, I hear.

(not to be eaten!)
  • Piddle wrote:

I like when people come out of the woodwork to tell everyone that going around being a piece of trash and screaming whatever you want at whomever you want is a noble ideal. And that anyone who thinks otherwise is just a loser.

Maybe the losers are the ones who can't act within the norms of society? Just a thought. You know, the people that the majority wants removed from where they have to hear them crying like infantile soft handed little keyboard gamers.

If your feelings are so hurt when someone tells you to shut up. Then maybe you should find a safer place than public chat. Try SwoleBenji's discord. Lot of like minded people there, I hear.
    I mean I got screenshots piled in a folder from many different game mods that sometimes promote nasty behavior or they commit it themselves or ignore people spouting racism. Sent the evidence to SBI and some got their demotes while others got a slap on the wrist and still around.

It's not uncommon for a chat mod to sometimes take bribes as they are still playing their main accounts in the game. So simply pay a mod 20mil to mute someone for a week and there ya go...

I agree with OP on this, many innocents getting muted simply for miss understandings or language barriers. Can you imagine a brazilian chat mod coming into english chat and seeing what we post? He'd have muted half the chat by the end of the day because most of the things we say is banned in his country.
    IGN: PsychaChi
    Add or MSG me for groups or if you need help ^-^