War Gloves Combo's Cooldown

• War Gloves Combo's Cooldown

I have a serious issues about most of the cooldowns for the War Gloves Qs, Ws, and Es. For now I will discuss about the the combo cooldowns.

The issue, for example Dragon Leap, is the cooldown starting at when you complete the Q combo. I do first Q hit combo, get the upper cut for 4 seconds, and hit again. If I wait the 4 seconds to use it, then Dragon Leap begins its natural cooldown. So thats, 4 sec (uppercut) plust 8 (natural cooldown). A Q like that restarts in 12 seconds.

Honestly, the cooldown for the Q should begin its ticker after the first Q is used on hit. Yes, it will pop up the Uppercut combo, but the natural cooldown should be ticking down behind the scenes. So once 4 seconds uppercut goes down or used at the 4 second mark, the natural cooldown should be at 4 seconds mark, then proceeds to reset. I may understand that you want to use the Double Q fast, but there are players who are having fun with trying to use a certain W or E while having the uppercut ready to be used in 4 seconds.

Same goes for the Avalon Fists E. 30 second natural cooldown if used, but if you hold on to 2nd combo and 3rd combo then use both, you prolong a restart of the E longer than 30 seconds cooldown. The natural timer should be ticking once the first combo is used.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jagere ().

• no.

you have having an overloaded Q with Reasonable damage, mobility and hard CC knockup

with the mobility, CC and damage it is only reasonable to have a long slightly longer cooldown on Q
      12 seconds is not a lot when you count the time spent running and kiting while waiting for cooldowns

using assassin jacket to buy time or assassin hood to refresh your entire spell rotation

so having a long cooldown is perfectly reasonable as we can clearly see the amount of free targeting mobility you have and also one of the passives which allow you to stick to a target like swords

and even if we did not take the mobility route on wargloves you still have a parry reflect or knockback on other W choices
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • @The_Support_God It's more of a mechanics issue.
      Lets take another example: Axe Q3 - Rending Rage. You generally go about 2 ways of utilising it:
      • Either you complete the full 3-swing combo to get the root from the final hit (CC + mobility, but less damage and higher cooldown)
      • Or you only use 2 first hits waiting for the combo resets inbetween (More damage and faster bleed application, but no CC or mobility)
      With wargloves you always have to use the recast on Dragon Leap, or you are loosing both damage and CC in the process. There is no choice in choosing the DPS route or the CC route with more cooldown. Same goes for Ava wargloves - you are always at a loss utilising only the first 2 hits from the combo.
      Create Opening Q follows the Rending Rage combo reset rules, providing you with a choice between more DPS or armor shred for setups.

It would be much wiser to apply the usual combo reset rules to Dragon Leap and Purifying Combination - Instantly resetting the cooldown to the first part of the combo when the recast timer expires, giving you choices to exploit earlier parts of the combo without the finisher, while balancing it via the recast timer duration.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • while i understand that wargloves may be underpowered/broken on release

we should balance it after seeing more play
      even i cannot fully say that it is weak or op within a week of fighting against it

but from the few battles i had with it my initial impression is that is weak in open world
      but decent in instanced content (corrupted dungeons, hellgates)

it may take some time for builds to get meta and a playstyle to form around the short burst combos and mana issues

most brawler gloves i see so far plays the hit and run play style but it falls short from things like frost and bows due to Range
      there have been some success in playing it like old blackhands with assassin hood and cleric robe

and some "brawler builds" have been popping up here and there but unlike spears which has range and broadsword with sword stacks to catch people
      i can honestly say that wargloves are abit weak in this department

but lowering the cooldown on an overloaded skill is not the way to go.
      because from what we learn from things like bow of badon players can easily buy 30 seconds of time when kiting
      if we take that into perspective of the wargloves tree with an average cooldown of 15-20 seconds it much shorter to wait for cooldowns

in my opinion, if a player manage to escape and waste gloves cooldown they should be rewarded with a window of opportunity to punish the wargloves

this part is debatable we can all debate on what is considered balance
      so feel free to give your opinion
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • The_Support_God wrote:

in my opinion, if a player manage to escape and waste gloves cooldown they should be rewarded with a window of opportunity to punish the wargloves
      Thats why I said that the combo recast timer is the main balancing factor here. If the usual combo reset mechanics are applied, you only have to make sure that the recast timer duration + skill cooldown = 12 seconds in the case of Dragon Leap (or slightly less in the case of a high recast window duration, as it is not influenced by CDR mod).
      Small recast window, but high cooldown - more damage, but less CC.
      High recast window, but low cooldown - less damage, more CC.

IMO ideally it would be a something around a 5s recast window (similar to the dagger Q2) + 6s cooldown.
      Dragon leap also needs a better hitbox on the first cast (Preferably a line hitbox, not a ground target AoE).

P.S. On a miss, no recast timer is given instantly triggering the 6s cooldown - there's your punish window.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 3 times, last by Hattenhair ().

• One reason I should think the natural cooldown should be ticking in the background, is the Caerleon cape. I mean, I have to quickly spam Q Q (DL+UC) to use Caerleon Cape reset to Q Q again. If I hesitate 2 seconds on uppercut, then use uppercut. I do not get the Caerleon Cape reset and wait for full cooldown on Q. Same goes for other combo Q spells.