Show off your Elite level 120 8.3MP 1900+IP to NEW 5.1 players in Blue & Yellow Zone Faction Warfare

• Faction Warfare
    • SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

So if there is an IP cap what exactly is the point in grinding to get better gear? This exact subject has been highlighted multiple times. There are already IP caps in the likes of Corrupted Dungeons. Adding IP caps to the open-world means 1 thing and 1 thing only. More players = win. Boring.
      The OP is mainly talking about players who equip max gear and go into T5 yellows and out farm new players in their T4-5 gear. IP isn't capped in open world or dungeons in blue/yellow zones. This is the same for gathering. T8 gatherers are around including myself mining everything lightning fast over someone else trying to level gathering up.A gathering cap would need to be introduced as well to stop high tier gatherers from camping low tier zones along with an IP cap for world mobs and dungeons. But this wont pass because it breaks alot of what Albion is.So honestly idk what should happen.
      One option for these "fragile new players" would be to expand the tutorial island a bit to allow new players under a certain amount of fame the option to level up in pure safety before being thrown in the big pond with the big fish. Maybe add a dungeon or two. When they are ready to play with the big kids, they can leave. After that, no more crying. Just an idea.
      That just supports the idea of elitism. No thanks.
      Maybe you're right. Let's just do away with tiers, enchantments, levels, etc and all be issued the same gear with the same spec. Screw progression, we will all remain the same. Oh yeah, no skins. We don't want a poor noob to be jealous of someone who looks better. That way nobody feels bad about themselves. Everybody is a winner! right?This entire argument reflects the exact same issues that we are currently battling with in today's society: Meritocracy vs Equity. In a game which rewards Champions, there will also be losers. This is called Meritocracy. In evolutionary terms it is called Natural Selection aka Life.
      Setting aside that little outburst >,>We can suggest a bigger tutorial island with expanded resources and introductions into CD's or hellgates and static and regular dungeons but vets would argue that's already in the game as blue zones so take your pick honestly.
      What I consider an exercise in logic you call an outburst. If that is an outburst, every university professor is throwing a tantrum. You are just proving my point that some people are way too fragile for this game.
      Are we still discussing the idea you have or has your focus shifted into the personal area?
      You initiated "the personal area" with you passive aggressive insult concerning my "outburst". I'm not stupid and I wasn't born yesterday. After seeing your avatar, you're probably half my age. Honestly, I ask myself why I even entered the discussion considering the toxicity of these forums but here I am.
      You haven't met Midgard yet then.

But if you dont wanna discuss the idea further then oh well.
      IGN: PsychaChi
      Add or MSG me for groups or if you need help ^-^
    • Thank you all for the replies & comments on this thread.

Blenfjorn wrote:

Aymgad wrote:

Problem: The title says it all. If the game design is really supposed to be this. Then Goodluck to new & intermediate players. Wish you'd still have fun.

Proposed Solution: Add IP cap to "safe regions", the safe regions that are supposed to be for "new players".

P.S. Or could just add the IP cap when faction flagged. Soft or hard IP cap. Whatever that'll work.
      Did you bother checking other recent posts? This topic already exists.
      YZ FW needs soft IP cap - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - Albion Online Forum

And no, there shouldn't be a cap, for reasons already explained. Get better gear if you want to take down people with good gear. Or get friends to help, or let someone with better gear handle them. Use the Faction Chat to alert people there are 8.3 people nearby knocking people out. Many solutions that are better than "Please make my weak gear equal to other players' strong gear".

This in fact similar to that thread. Making similar threads of the same problem tells something, you should've know what it is.

And soon after this thread gets forgotten, a new similar thread gets created.

I was not having problems with 8.3MP before the Lands Awaken patch. I was able to hold off 1-3 8.3MPs with only my T6.2 gears with noob players (not even a blob).

But it went worse after the Lands Awaken, and Elite levels was included.

Fighting 5 8.3MP elite levels with your T2 faction blob, and getting wiped every time is not balanced. it's not fun. and it's not worth fighting.

After that, we all left. content died.

But at least 5 players enjoyed right?

Wonder what happens in the future...

The Elite Level just increased significantly the gap between new & veteran players. And with that increase of the gap, there should be ways to at least separate and/or combine these two in a balanced way, a fun way, a content that's worth fighting.

Doesn't matter to me what solutions SBI will make. Just hoping it will be soon before the faction warfare dies again for the second time. And only the bandit content gets left alive.
    • Aymgad wrote:

Thank you all for the replies & comments on this thread.

This in fact similar to that thread. Making similar threads of the same problem tells something, you should've know what it is.

And soon after this thread gets forgotten, a new similar thread gets created.

I was not having problems with 8.3MP before the Lands Awaken patch. I was able to hold off 1-3 8.3MPs with only my T6.2 gears with noob players (not even a blob).

But it went worse after the Lands Awaken, and Elite levels was included.

Fighting 5 8.3MP elite levels with your T2 faction blob, and getting wiped every time is not balanced. it's not fun. and it's not worth fighting.

After that, we all left. content died.

But at least 5 players enjoyed right?

Wonder what happens in the future...

The Elite Level just increased significantly the gap between new & veteran players. And with that increase of the gap, there should be ways to at least separate and/or combine these two in a balanced way, a fun way, a content that's worth fighting.

Doesn't matter to me what solutions SBI will make. Just hoping it will be soon before the faction warfare dies again for the second time. And only the bandit content gets left alive.
      The thread wasn't gone and forgotten though. It was still on Page 1 when this one was started. And no, multiple threads about the same thing doesn't prove there is a problem, it just what we already know. You're lazy. Plain and simple. Too lazy to grind and get better gear, like us vets did. Also too lazy to see if this topic exits (as I said you didn't even have to venture past Page 1 to find it). There is a pattern of laziness on your part here. You see it, right? Go out and grind and get good at the game. Don't expect the game to change for you.

Your faction has people with 8.3 gear and high spec also. Not sure what faction you're in, but all the factions have these peeps. So lean on your champions until you also reach that point. And work hard and get good at the game. THAT's the solution, except you don't want it to be, because again, lazy.
    • Aymgad wrote:

Problem: The title says it all. If the game design is really supposed to be this. Then Goodluck to new & intermediate players. Wish you'd still have fun.

Proposed Solution: Add IP cap to "safe regions", the safe regions that are supposed to be for "new players".

P.S. Or could just add the IP cap when faction flagged. Soft or hard IP cap. Whatever that'll work.
      We used to have that IP cap before and it kind of sucked hence why it was removed. YZ faction war is more alive than ever. Having that IP cap means high spec and high tier gear becomes useless. Also, the fame is so easy to obtain now days. Rather than complain about players who are in the game for years now go and do some fame and silver farming and match the sets (and than come and complain about high repair costs for those sets when you get downed a few times).

The post was edited 3 times, last by Worros ().

• I hate the mentality that the high spec players earned this advantage over low spec players.

I don't think that un-capped IP is appropriate for non-lethal PvP. I think it incentivizes players that get their max specs to come back and dunk on new players.

In lethal areas, players that choose to wear high tier gear are choosing to increase their risk. In non-lethal, the risk they incurred from wearing 8.3 is not commensurate with the additional power they have over a new player or a player wearing normal gear.

You have people pushing past 1900 IP against people at 1k IP. These people aren't champions of the faction! They are bullies that would rather crush new players or unskilled players instead of fighting the comparatively skilled players in red and black zones.
    • You can't move people to the lethal zones against their will. Faction warfare allows people to join the fun who aren't part of a group nor have joined discord. When you move people to the lethal zone they will cry rivers when they get outnumbered and outgrouped. Faction warfare in the safe zones allows some loonie to jump into a group of 20 and do massive damage to them. In the lethal zone such loonies are harder to come by.

Basically the fight in the lethal zone can literally end in seconds. When you put that against the traveling time that it takes to move 3 zones to rejoin the fight, that basically means the fight is over for most people. And then was it really worth it? That's why people rat in faction warfare in the red zones. Bandits takes 1 hour possibly. It usually takes 15 minutes to find the first opposition at least before the update. And bandits is an event that takes place every few hours. Some people would rather it lasted the full hour and they will try to rat it that long.

In the safe zones, you lose a fight you can rejoin the fun in minutes. You do get to fire a shot or two.

I think in the end it's a choice of do you want to play the game actively for minutes every day or for hours every day? For players who want to play it for hours every day, exposing themselves to massive risk for too long is too much and they will choose their risk levels that way. You cannot roam everywhere for hours and expect to get away with it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by enEstava ().

• Aymgad wrote:

The point in grinding to get better gear is not the point being discussed here.

The problem that is being discussed is the so-called "safe zones" and/or "starter zones" for new or noob players are getting contested by veteran players with no balls.

I've seen 5 people 8.3MP in elite-level try hards was able to hold 2 blobs/T2 blobs of the opposite faction. If I was in the 5 man team, I'd say it will be very fun to kill a group of noob players.
      But on the other side, it's a complete bullshit and not worth fighting for.

This leads to players not participating in the warfare/content in the future.

less players participating = game loses. This is a sandbox MMO for christ sake. not a classic copypasta WOW mmo

Wonder why this exact subject has been highlighted multiple times?
      i'm part of the bunch that brings 6.3-7.2-7.3-8.3 regardless if it's yellow or red zone. not many can say the same.

Reasons you have more peeps today is true, non-lethal makes it less risky, heck i'm part of the dudes that bring weapon swaps and that adds 50-75k to my repairs because of it.

But i easily get countered if people have 1/3 of a brain and die and pay insane repair bills closer to what hce has without any of the fame and financial gains for risking a player-to-player interaction.

This makes it balance imo. This is a huge silver sink for everyone involved but actually minimal if you stick to 5.3mp gear and lower. Profits ratios, if fighting the zergs more than capping outposts in yz are harder to come by in 8.3 than if i was in 5.3mp. However, i do get way more knockdowns "kills" because of the extra 360 ip (cause 100ip=9% damage or so).

So i don't think there is an issue there. i gain a 30-40% damage advantage on risking 400% the repair cost.

Subject has been highlighted since solo players bitch about it more than people in group. the moment i am with an actual 5man+ party, i almost never had any problems with any of the gucci people except if it's a same size or bigger gucci party or we make the dumbest mistakes that allows us to be 1 shot. And the moment we have a locus/enigmatic, they can't one shot anyway because "defensives" and resist pots exists when you "rotate" them properly.
    • FarmerLee wrote:

I don't think that un-capped IP is appropriate for non-lethal PvP. I think it incentivizes players that get their max specs to come back and dunk on new players.

That generally isn't what's happening though. Most complete noobs don't even have a grasp of what Faction Warfare is. I flag for Fort Sterling and fight v Lymhurst and Thetford the people I'm up against are anything but "noobs".
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • The common theme in this complaint is that people in favor of the cap are forgetting (or just not mentioning) that their faction also has strong members. They are making it sound as if only one faction has strong geared players and they are dominating everyone else. This is not the case at all. Every faction has their Champions, and they are constantly battling each other too. Your faction has a chat. If someone is causing trouble, get a group to come help. As someone who partakes in this activity, I know full well that most people are going to organize a group to come take me down. That's most people. Apparently not all. A select few will log out and come here and ask for a cap because as I said in an earlier post... Lazy.
    • Aymgad wrote:

Tell that to the new/noob players, I'm sure they won't quit either way because faction warfare in its state right now is so much fun & they'll get motivation playing the game even more by telling them they're lazy.
      No mate, I am only saying the people who post asking for change about this are lazy. Not all new players. Just the ones who want to punish vets because they are vets.... they are lazy... and especially ones who don't bother to look to see if a topic already exists on PAGE 1 of this section of the forum.
    • Worros wrote:

Aymgad wrote:

We used to have that IP cap before and it kind of sucked hence why it was removed. YZ faction war is more alive than ever.
      If you're telling YZ faction warfare came alive after they removed IP cap you're completely wrong.

It was dead because of the system, not because of the IP. lol

They tried to remove the cap in blue & yellow right after the introduction of Faction Warfare years ago, but nothing changed. That's why we get the revamped update. And it came back alive

Blenfjorn wrote:

Aymgad wrote:

Tell that to the new/noob players, I'm sure they won't quit either way because faction warfare in its state right now is so much fun & they'll get motivation playing the game even more by telling them they're lazy.
      No mate, I am only saying the people who post asking for change about this are lazy. Not all new players. Just the ones who want to punish vets because they are vets.... they are lazy... and especially ones who don't bother to look to see if a topic already exists on PAGE 1 of this section of the forum.
      Ah yes, the lazy people, they're the real problem, aren't they? creating similar threads, that's a real problem too. What should SBI do to them..? they should be fixed ASAP or get banned in the game. That should fix it.
    • How old are you? Just in case you haven't noticed yet, I don't care anything about lazy players' shit stuff you were talking.

But just for you, I'll repeat my point here so you don't have to re-read this thread.

The problem I was pointing here is with Elite Level added, the gap between new & veterans increased significantly.

With that, the vets that are contesting the safe zones in faction warfare were already so-called 'strong', became stronger that even 2 blobs can't even defeat 5 Elite leveled players.
      It was so fun fighting these elite 8.3 guys that we decided to leave.

This kind of situation slowly kills the game's content, the player numbers participation, and is not very welcoming to new players that don't know a damn thing with game mechanics.

=================================================================

Having said that....

If you have other solutions aside from IP caps, please suggest them here

If you still lack experience, calling players/people names is not a solution. Telling people what to do is not a solution.
    • Aymgad wrote:

How old are you? Just in case you haven't noticed yet, I don't care anything about lazy players' shit stuff you were talking.

But just for you, I'll repeat my point here so you don't have to re-read this thread.

The problem I was pointing here is with Elite Level added, the gap between new & veterans increased significantly.

With that, the vets that are contesting the safe zones in faction warfare were already so-called 'strong', became stronger that even 2 blobs can't even defeat 5 Elite leveled players.
      It was so fun fighting these elite 8.3 guys that we decided to leave.

This kind of situation slowly kills the game's content, the player numbers participation, and is not very welcoming to new players that don't know a damn thing with game mechanics.

=================================================================

Having said that....

If you have other solutions aside from IP caps, please suggest them here

If you still lack experience, calling players/people names is not a solution. Telling people what to do is not a solution.
      Elite Levels were added, that's a done deal. I could have done without them, but they are here, so now adding an IP cap would be a back track of that update. Can't punish people who worked their stats up and bought great gear, just because a patch was put in that gave them the opportunity to become stronger.

I already made counter suggestions. Did you not see them? My suggestions have nothing to do with an update to the game. My suggestion to you and players like you who would come here and call for an IP cap would be to do what the other players in your position are doing. Use the faction channel to alert other members that someone (or a group of people) are in such and such zone causing trouble. Arrange with them, and some friends/guildies, to come and take those people down. Cost them each 150k in repairs. That's the solution. You got 5 people with 8.3 gear in your Yellow Zone wreaking havoc? I promise you there are way more people in 8.3 gear for your faction nearby who can come and dispose of the ruffians causing trouble. Coordination is key. Calling for the game to update for your lack of coordination, and yes, laziness, is not.

I will say again... MOST people are already doing this. They play the content correctly. Someone is causing trouble, they call upon their friends, and the champions of their faction, to come take them out. The only people I am against here are the ones (like you) who expect the devs to fix your problem for you by punishing veteran players who grinded and bought great gear.
    • @Amygad

I am always fascinated by players like you. Complain about something. Hear a different opinion from a number of players. Proceeds to attack those who think differently and defend their ideas (even though there are already a number of people who disagree).
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

My suggestions have nothing to do with an update to the game. My suggestion to you and players like you who would come here and call for an IP cap would be to do what the other players in your position are doing. Use the faction channel to alert other members that someone (or a group of people) are in such and such zone causing trouble. Arrange with them, and some friends/guildies, to come and take those people down. Cost them each 150k in repairs. That's the solution. You got 5 people with 8.3 gear in your Yellow Zone wreaking havoc?
      Good luck telling all of that to all noobs & incoming new players over and over again. They afforded 8.3MP sets and Elite levels, I'm pretty sure 150k repairs really hurt their income lol

Blenfjorn wrote:

Calling for the game to update for your lack of coordination, and yes, laziness, is not.
      Hey, without us the 'lazy people' complaining stuff, this game wouldn't be like this alive. We complained since season 1 where alliances & guilds own literally continents of the game. And those people call us very similar, 'lazy', 'your efforts are just not enough' 'you should do this, and the same thing of what we do' ,'don't call SBI for updates just because you can't do what we can do', etc... but just in the smallest scale. haha

Worros wrote:

@Amygad

Complain about something. Hear a different opinion from a number of players. Proceeds to attack those who think differently and defend their ideas (even though there are already a number of people who disagree).
      *putting a mirror in front of you lmao

Right now, I don't even care about adding the IP cap since a lot of people are crying. I've said what I want to say, that's that. I'm contented now.

Thank you for reading, cheers