Show off your Elite level 120 8.3MP 1900+IP to NEW 5.1 players in Blue & Yellow Zone Faction Warfare

• Faction Warfare
    • Show off your Elite level 120 8.3MP 1900+IP to NEW 5.1 players in Blue & Yellow Zone Faction Warfare

Problem: The title says it all. If the game design is really supposed to be this. Then Goodluck to new & intermediate players. Wish you'd still have fun.

Proposed Solution: Add IP cap to "safe regions", the safe regions that are supposed to be for "new players".

P.S. Or could just add the IP cap when faction flagged. Soft or hard IP cap. Whatever that'll work.
    • Aymgad wrote:

Problem: The title says it all. If the game design is really supposed to be this. Then Goodluck to new & intermediate players. Wish you'd still have fun.

Proposed Solution: Add IP cap to "safe regions", the safe regions that are supposed to be for "new players".

P.S. Or could just add the IP cap when faction flagged. Soft or hard IP cap. Whatever that'll work.

*plays the world's smallest violin*
    • So if there is an IP cap what exactly is the point in grinding to get better gear? This exact subject has been highlighted multiple times. There are already IP caps in the likes of Corrupted Dungeons. Adding IP caps to the open-world means 1 thing and 1 thing only. More players = win. Boring.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • The point in grinding to get better gear is not the point being discussed here.

The problem that is being discussed is the so-called "safe zones" and/or "starter zones" for new or noob players are getting contested by veteran players with no balls.

I've seen 5 people 8.3MP in elite-level try hards was able to hold 2 blobs/T2 blobs of the opposite faction. If I was in the 5 man team, I'd say it will be very fun to kill a group of noob players.
      But on the other side, it's a complete bullshit and not worth fighting for.

This leads to players not participating in the warfare/content in the future.

less players participating = game loses. This is a sandbox MMO for christ sake. not a classic copypasta WOW mmo

Wonder why this exact subject has been highlighted multiple times?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aymgad ().

• Aymgad wrote:

The point in grinding to get better gear is not the point being discussed here.

The problem that is being discussed is the so-called "safe zones" and/or "starter zones" for new or noob players are getting contested by veteran players with no balls.

I've seen 5 people 8.3MP in elite-level try hards was able to hold 2 blobs/T2 blobs of the opposite faction. If I was in the 5 man team, I'd say it will be very fun to kill a group of noob players.
      But on the other side, it's a complete bullshit and not worth fighting for.

This leads to players not participating in the warfare/content in the future.

less players participating = game loses. This is a sandbox MMO for christ sake. not a classic copypasta WOW mmo

Wonder why this exact subject has been highlighted multiple times?
      So in other words, nerf the Champions of the factions... right.

I completely disagree. Motivate the "weak new players" to become Champions for themselves thinking "one day I will get my revenge!". At the same time, these "weak new players" can cheer on their Champions who came to avenge them. This in turn gives players a dream to work toward, a long term goal. Why grind and shell out millions for good gear if it is going to get nerfed?

Honestly, the players with "no balls" are the ones who quit the game because they aren't "The Best" on day one. New players can now get max spec incredibly fast with the new fame boost in the update. What more of a crutch do they need? I guess you are part of that "everyone gets a participation trophy" generation.

Git gud or GTFO.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SatanicMonk ().

• I get your point to a degree but I don’t believe open world zones should be IP capped.
      If you sign up to fight and you are new, expect to get clapped a few times.

You don’t have to engage people who vastly overpower you.
      People with high IP builds did the work, and they should experience the benefits.
      While clapping newbees is hardly impressive, devs shouldn’t be expected to filter everything.

I am fairly new and i understand all too well that fights should be picked, and zergs usually are blind masses expecting to steamroll everything.
      I will not start fighting in open world until I feel my gear is able to hold its ground.

It should rather be a learning moment for the weak where they go back and work on some progress rather than throwing yourself at fights you cant possibly win.

when you fight, you win some and lose some.
      Go grind like everyone else if you underperform, both in IP and personal ability.

You as a player should take full responsibility that picking up arms can mean defeat, and defeat shouldn’t demoralize you.
      If it does, perhaps pvp is not for you.
    • I'll say 'Motivate the "weak new players" to become Champions for themselves thinking "one day I will get my revenge!"' does work. But very few can and very few came back with similar high-end gears.
      Resulting again in fewer players participating overtime.

Good thing we have a new player kind of representative here @Magvellian

If these game mechanics look fine to you then that's great.

For me, it's just a simple question, does this thing still works for everyone & for the health of the game? And just a f*cking honest answer. not an answer of pride.

Been playing this for more than 3 years and have seen these scenarios of players diminishing in a specific game's content until it becomes almost irrelevant to the game and would need a rework.

Guess we'll play the waiting game again...

wait for it in its worst condition (even we've been telling in the forum the problems)

And wait for years for the SBI to respond.
    • Aymgad wrote:

Did you bother checking other recent posts? This topic already exists.

YZ FW needs soft IP cap - Page 2 - Feedback & Suggestions - Albion Online Forum

And no, there shouldn't be a cap, for reasons already explained. Get better gear if you want to take down people with good gear. Or get friends to help, or let someone with better gear handle them. Use the Faction Chat to alert people there are 8.3 people nearby knocking people out. Many solutions that are better than "Please make my weak gear equal to other players' strong gear".
    • WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

So if there is an IP cap what exactly is the point in grinding to get better gear? This exact subject has been highlighted multiple times. There are already IP caps in the likes of Corrupted Dungeons. Adding IP caps to the open-world means 1 thing and 1 thing only. More players = win. Boring.
      The OP is mainly talking about players who equip max gear and go into T5 yellows and out farm new players in their T4-5 gear. IP isn't capped in open world or dungeons in blue/yellow zones. This is the same for gathering. T8 gatherers are around including myself mining everything lightning fast over someone else trying to level gathering up.

A gathering cap would need to be introduced as well to stop high tier gatherers from camping low tier zones along with an IP cap for world mobs and dungeons. But this wont pass because it breaks alot of what Albion is.

So honestly idk what should happen.
      IGN: PsychaChi
      Add or MSG me for groups or if you need help ^-^
    • Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

So if there is an IP cap what exactly is the point in grinding to get better gear? This exact subject has been highlighted multiple times. There are already IP caps in the likes of Corrupted Dungeons. Adding IP caps to the open-world means 1 thing and 1 thing only. More players = win. Boring.
      The OP is mainly talking about players who equip max gear and go into T5 yellows and out farm new players in their T4-5 gear. IP isn't capped in open world or dungeons in blue/yellow zones. This is the same for gathering. T8 gatherers are around including myself mining everything lightning fast over someone else trying to level gathering up.
      A gathering cap would need to be introduced as well to stop high tier gatherers from camping low tier zones along with an IP cap for world mobs and dungeons. But this wont pass because it breaks alot of what Albion is.

One option for these "fragile new players" would be to expand the tutorial island a bit to allow new players under a certain amount of fame the option to level up in pure safety before being thrown in the big pond with the big fish. Maybe add a dungeon or two. When they are ready to play with the big kids, they can leave. After that, no more crying. Just an idea.
    • SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

The OP is mainly talking about players who equip max gear and go into T5 yellows and out farm new players in their T4-5 gear. IP isn't capped in open world or dungeons in blue/yellow zones. This is the same for gathering. T8 gatherers are around including myself mining everything lightning fast over someone else trying to level gathering up.A gathering cap would need to be introduced as well to stop high tier gatherers from camping low tier zones along with an IP cap for world mobs and dungeons. But this wont pass because it breaks alot of what Albion is.

One option for these "fragile new players" would be to expand the tutorial island a bit to allow new players under a certain amount of fame the option to level up in pure safety before being thrown in the big pond with the big fish. Maybe add a dungeon or two. When they are ready to play with the big kids, they can leave. After that, no more crying. Just an idea.
      That just supports the idea of elitism. No thanks.
    • Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

The OP is mainly talking about players who equip max gear and go into T5 yellows and out farm new players in their T4-5 gear. IP isn't capped in open world or dungeons in blue/yellow zones. This is the same for gathering. T8 gatherers are around including myself mining everything lightning fast over someone else trying to level gathering up.A gathering cap would need to be introduced as well to stop high tier gatherers from camping low tier zones along with an IP cap for world mobs and dungeons. But this wont pass because it breaks alot of what Albion is.
      Maybe you're right. Let's just do away with tiers, enchantments, levels, etc and all be issued the same gear with the same spec. Screw progression, we will all remain the same. Oh yeah, no skins. We don't want a poor noob to be jealous of someone who looks better. That way nobody feels bad about themselves. Everybody is a winner! right?

This entire argument reflects the exact same issues that we are currently battling with in today's society: Meritocracy vs Equity. In a game which rewards Champions, there will also be losers. This is called Meritocracy. In evolutionary terms it is called Natural Selection aka Life.
    • SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

The OP is mainly talking about players who equip max gear and go into T5 yellows and out farm new players in their T4-5 gear. IP isn't capped in open world or dungeons in blue/yellow zones. This is the same for gathering. T8 gatherers are around including myself mining everything lightning fast over someone else trying to level gathering up.A gathering cap would need to be introduced as well to stop high tier gatherers from camping low tier zones along with an IP cap for world mobs and dungeons. But this wont pass because it breaks alot of what Albion is.So honestly idk what should happen.
      Maybe you're right. Let's just do away with tiers, enchantments, levels, etc and all be issued the same gear with the same spec. Screw progression, we will all remain the same. Oh yeah, no skins. We don't want a poor noob to be jealous of someone who looks better. That way nobody feels bad about themselves. Everybody is a winner! right?
      This entire argument reflects the exact same issues that we are currently battling with in today's society: Meritocracy vs Equity. In a game which rewards Champions, there will also be losers. This is called Meritocracy. In evolutionary terms it is called Natural Selection aka Life.
      Setting aside that little outburst >,>

We can suggest a bigger tutorial island with expanded resources and introductions into CD's or hellgates and static and regular dungeons but vets would argue that's already in the game as blue zones so take your pick honestly.
    • Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

The OP is mainly talking about players who equip max gear and go into T5 yellows and out farm new players in their T4-5 gear. IP isn't capped in open world or dungeons in blue/yellow zones. This is the same for gathering. T8 gatherers are around including myself mining everything lightning fast over someone else trying to level gathering up.A gathering cap would need to be introduced as well to stop high tier gatherers from camping low tier zones along with an IP cap for world mobs and dungeons. But this wont pass because it breaks alot of what Albion is.So honestly idk what should happen.
      Maybe you're right. Let's just do away with tiers, enchantments, levels, etc and all be issued the same gear with the same spec. Screw progression, we will all remain the same. Oh yeah, no skins. We don't want a poor noob to be jealous of someone who looks better. That way nobody feels bad about themselves. Everybody is a winner! right?This entire argument reflects the exact same issues that we are currently battling with in today's society: Meritocracy vs Equity. In a game which rewards Champions, there will also be losers. This is called Meritocracy. In evolutionary terms it is called Natural Selection aka Life.
      Setting aside that little outburst >,>
      We can suggest a bigger tutorial island with expanded resources and introductions into CD's or hellgates and static and regular dungeons but vets would argue that's already in the game as blue zones so take your pick honestly.
      What I consider an exercise in logic you call an outburst. If that is an outburst, every university professor is throwing a tantrum. You are just proving my point that some people are way too fragile for this game.
    • SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

Maybe you're right. Let's just do away with tiers, enchantments, levels, etc and all be issued the same gear with the same spec. Screw progression, we will all remain the same. Oh yeah, no skins. We don't want a poor noob to be jealous of someone who looks better. That way nobody feels bad about themselves. Everybody is a winner! right?This entire argument reflects the exact same issues that we are currently battling with in today's society: Meritocracy vs Equity. In a game which rewards Champions, there will also be losers. This is called Meritocracy. In evolutionary terms it is called Natural Selection aka Life.
      Setting aside that little outburst >,>We can suggest a bigger tutorial island with expanded resources and introductions into CD's or hellgates and static and regular dungeons but vets would argue that's already in the game as blue zones so take your pick honestly.
      What I consider an exercise in logic you call an outburst. If that is an outburst, every university professor is throwing a tantrum. You are just proving my point that some people are way too fragile for this game.
      Are we still discussing the idea you have or has your focus shifted into the personal area?
    • Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

SatanicMonk wrote:

Psycha wrote:

WHIT3ROS3 wrote:

Setting aside that little outburst >,>We can suggest a bigger tutorial island with expanded resources and introductions into CD's or hellgates and static and regular dungeons but vets would argue that's already in the game as blue zones so take your pick honestly.
      Are we still discussing the idea you have or has your focus shifted into the personal area?
      You initiated "the personal area" with you passive aggressive insult concerning my "outburst". I'm not stupid and I wasn't born yesterday. After seeing your avatar, you're probably half my age. Honestly, I ask myself why I even entered the discussion considering the toxicity of these forums but here I am.