Strongest Weapon in the Game

• Strongest Weapon in the Game

a. 2 mobility spells, both have CC, one is an iframe
      b. high physical burst damage on a Q spell meant to draw mob aggro
      c. 1-handed and therefore can use off-hands
      d. high HP
      e. meta in literally ALL content
      f. currently the undisputed strongest weapon in Corrupted Dungeons

pick one. or just play mace and get all of that and more.

please for the love of balance, do something about Mace Online
    • Maces
      The one-handed Mace has been very strong in a variety of content types and the combination. With the combination of high damage, stun and mobility they outperform many similar weapons, making is very strong, therefore we are toning down the effectiveness of the stun and damage.
      • Deep Leap (one-handed Mace)
        • Stun Duration: 1.8s -> 1.5s
        • Damage: 203 -> 190

Lol damage reducting by 5 % - i translate: public pressure is so high but i don't want to change it..

So same change as royal boots - cosmetics and homeopathic ..

One of my friends once said "don't pee on my back and tell me it's raining "

You have zero issues to smash nature, guardian helmet, merc jacket etc..but on mace you don't want to hurt mace player feelings...
    • That is a fair enough point. This is the approach they "should" take on nerfs is smaller tweaks to start and then quick follow up tweaks if needed. But more than often a complete nerf hammer is dropped virtually crushing the item. The E damage is still high it should be further nerfed. Stun, mobility, and iframe is already a ton in one E they should probably gut the damage.
    • I don't know who they get feedback from and what they base it on, but this change is a joke. this mace shit is still the fastest weapon with massive dmg...
      with skillshots on the level of a circus monkey... playing with feet I will hit W and E + 2x Q

sbi should announce:

"mace should be mobile friendly"
      boom and we know everything.
    • Tabor wrote:

This is the approach they "should" take on nerfs is smaller tweaks to start and then quick follow up tweaks if needed.
      Every time I hear anything related to "quick follow up tweaks" on AO forums I remember the 1H dagger rework that ruined the PvE dynamic of a whole season.
      Uh oh, we let this shit run for an entire season, whoopsie dasie.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

Tabor wrote:

This is the approach they "should" take on nerfs is smaller tweaks to start and then quick follow up tweaks if needed.
      Every time I hear anything related to "quick follow up tweaks" on AO forums I remember the 1H dagger rework that ruined the PvE dynamic of a whole season.Uh oh, we let this shit run for an entire season, whoopsie dasie.
      that is a late example..

Retro in early game created a grudge Meta. U put it on a melee dps and GG..so much damage that everyone needed grudge in GvG

In this time the standard was build...make it completely broken or break it - fix it 6-18 .months later if at all ....

This never had obvious negative consequences..
    • Mrpotato wrote:

EscapeTheMeta wrote:

Okay what can be done about it then
      removing full I frame and change it for cc immunity instead
      Reducing damage

Increasing cooldown and energy cost

Removing the stun, increase the slow

Anything
      1h mace e alr has cc immunity (deep leap ignores all cc like slow/stun/silence/bop and fire/wind walls or the fiend/purity robe stuff etc)

I think the problem is the combo rotation and Q dealing so much damage especially with caerleon cape... On paper 1h mace is just a more mobile version of hammers but with 1h mace e being cc+mobility+iframe+ignores iframe, the snare-leap-2Q becomes a hit n run combo that hits harder than all other kiting weapons
    • Tabor wrote:

That is a fair enough point. This is the approach they "should" take on nerfs is smaller tweaks to start and then quick follow up tweaks if needed. But more than often a complete nerf hammer is dropped virtually crushing the item. The E damage is still high it should be further nerfed. Stun, mobility, and iframe is already a ton in one E they should probably gut the damage.
      what? This is a damn joke.

What SBI did to Glaive?
      15 sec to 20 secs cooldown change.
      24% damage reduce to full stack autoattack.
      Glaive overkilled not being half useable like 1 h Mace.

This is a Bad joke nerf.

Holy shiet , this is hilarious.
      Not Even focusing at Main Mace problem.
    • Maces
      The one-handed Mace has been very strong in a variety of content types and the combination. With the combination of high damage, stun and mobility they outperform many similar weapons, making is very strong, therefore we are reducing the damage output and the mobility of Deep Leap.
      • Threatening Smash (all Maces)
        • Damage 157 -> 146

• Deep Leap (one-handed Mace)
        • Stun Duration: 1.8s -> 1.5s -> 1.8s
        • Damage: 203 -> 190 -> 156
        • Range: 14m -> 11m

So disappointing that only a raging storm of the players finally enforced the real needed change...

Note to self: huge wave and public pressure or direct connection needed for a change...