Usage fee changes for crafting stations is now a big scam!

• Usage fee changes for crafting stations is now a big scam!

Before you were able to compare prices easily, now the new silver per 100 nutrition doesn't say anything and led to a huge price increase. In Bridgewatch for example the cheapest Butcher charges 9,500 silver per 100 nutrition. What does that mean you say? WHO KNOWS! You have to check the station to see how much it will charge you in the end. So I went there with my 7 pigs to be butchered and guess what it would charge me.

59,850 silver! FOR 7 PIGS!!! WTF IS GOING ON IN THIS GAME!

Thank you, crafting becomes more and more a scam where big guilds agree an prices and run monopolies. It just isn't fun anymore. And all the changes to the stations just create more confusion and intransparancy which makes it easier to rip off players with exorbitant prices.
    • Nebelfaust wrote:

Thank you, crafting becomes more and more a scam where big guilds agree an prices and run monopolies. It just isn't fun anymore. And all the changes to the stations just create more confusion and intransparancy which makes it easier to rip off players with exorbitant prices.
      It isn't a scam of the shop owners. It is evidently due to a bug fix. I had the same concerns and brought it up in a dev thread. You can read about it here.

Usage Fee & Crafting Changes

In a nutshell, previously you were only charged a usage fee for 1 meat but received 20 meat (or more if using focus). Now you are charged a usage fee for all 20 meats, which means drastically higher usage fees if the butcher shop owner hasn't yet adjusted their prices.

I noticed today that some butcher shop owners are adjusting their prices lower. However using city butcher shops are still rather expensive and you will get much lower profits than before the update. The best solution for the short term is to use a butcher on your own island. You will get VASTLY more profit if you use your own butcher on your own island.

Long term, I see this having large rippling effects on the crafted food and raw meat economy but am not sure how it will all stabilize.
    • Wikkyd wrote:

Nebelfaust wrote:

It isn't a scam of the shop owners. It is evidently due to a bug fix. I had the same concerns and brought it up in a dev thread. You can read about it here.
      Usage Fee & Crafting Changes

In a nutshell, previously you were only charged a usage fee for 1 meat but received 20 meat (or more if using focus). Now you are charged a usage fee for all 20 meats, which means drastically higher usage fees if the butcher shop owner hasn't yet adjusted their prices.

I noticed today that some butcher shop owners are adjusting their prices lower. However using city butcher shops are still rather expensive and you will get much lower profits than before the update. The best solution for the short term is to use a butcher on your own island. You will get VASTLY more profit if you use your own butcher on your own island.

Long term, I see this having large rippling effects on the crafted food and raw meat economy but am not sure how it will all stabilize.
      Nutrition comes only from food, yes? If the effective exchange rate of meat food value to nutrition remains higher than other options, then everything will stabilize at a lower price imo. But if the nutrition ratio for meat food vs non-meat food is more towards the latter, then who knows since the demand for meat will change wildly.
      I've never run a shop before, so I don't know anything other than you need to give food to the npc shop keepers to craft T3+ items. But on the face of it, the scenario strikes me as similar to when the US artificially pegged gold and silver to be some constant exchange ratio of the other. It caused some weird things in the economy where the standard would frequently change from gold to silver and back depending on the most efficient ratios of currency in the economy.
    • DemigodPerseus wrote:

Would you mind to tell us how? considering the returns.
      When you do the math using the current usage fees and current market prices, you will see that an island butcher beats using a city butcher by a HUGE margin. Basically the extra product yield of a city butcher vs an island butcher does not make up for the large increase of usage fees in the cities. For example in Caerleon, the lowest usage fee for butchers has stabilized at around 1,440 per 100 nutrition. It costs 90 nutrition per craft at a butcher. So the usage fee per craft for raw meats is 1,296 silver. Prior to the update, the lowest usage fee was 356 silver.

Currently I am making approximately 5,077 silver per cow butchered when using my own island butcher.

If I used the city butcher, I would only make $4,195 silver per cow butchered.

Until the city butcher shop owners lower their prices, a personal island butcher is going to net you the most profit.