Fishing is dead....

• Problem i found with fishing is that you get such a puny ammount of might per fish that its not even worth to consider it a decent activity to farm that weekly chest. I got like what 3 might per fish on a t8 black zone. How can they expect the average player to fish close to 7k fish to complete that weekly achievment? Thats ludicrous. I dont think ive fished 7k fish if i summed all the fish i ever fished
    • ric0 wrote:

Problem i found with fishing is that you get such a puny ammount of might per fish that its not even worth to consider it a decent activity to farm that weekly chest. I got like what 3 might per fish on a t8 black zone. How can they expect the average player to fish close to 7k fish to complete that weekly achievment? Thats ludicrous. I dont think ive fished 7k fish if i summed all the fish i ever fished
      Yeah honestly i dont think they even had it in mind with the update. I do hope someday we will get a fishing update. I love fishing on albion.
      T8 FISHERMAN

Join the Albion Fishing Discord: discord.gg/TPN7BbKTv7
    • Although it sucks that a lot of the fishing places especially in forest areas got nerfed in a way, it's still very much profitable. Seaweed sells for 2 million or so a stack. You all realize you don't always have to be in a fishing pool right? If anything I find there are actually more fishing lakes in other zones besides the forest ones now. This is coming from a fully specced 100/100 Fisherman...I'm still making tons of silver so not sure what you are doing wrong. All fishing pools do is guarantee that you catch a fish and don't end up with rocks or wood. With experience you'll be able to tell exactly what type of fish you catch on your line. I just wish it actually wish it added gathering fame to your total. However, the way the system is designed it doesn't because you can eat fish or at least that was the explanation given to me by the developers before it got revamped.

What I would like to see is another type of fishing food other then T1 seaweed salad. Eating the food would increase your chances of catching the rare fish and that would depend on the zone you were in (T2-T4 = T3 rare, T5-T6 = T5 rare and T7-T8 = T7 rare).
      Some of you call me Toxic, but my name is Melvin! - Passing toxic gas since Albion alpha Ppppprrrrrrrrrrtttt....

The post was edited 2 times, last by Jerek ().

• Jerek wrote:

Although it sucks that a lot of the fishing places especially in forest areas got nerfed in a way, it's still very much profitable. Seaweed sells for 2 million or so a stack. You all realize you don't always have to be in a fishing pool right? If anything I find there are actually more fishing lakes in other zones besides the forest ones now. This is coming from a fully specced 100/100 Fisherman...I'm still making tons of silver so not sure what you are doing wrong. All fishing pools do is guarantee that you catch a fish and don't end up with rocks or wood. With experience you'll be able to tell exactly what type of fish you catch on your line. I just wish it actually wish it added gathering fame to your total. However, the way the system is designed it doesn't because you can eat fish or at least that was the explanation given to me by the developers before it got revamped.

What I would like to see is another type of fishing food other then T1 seaweed salad. Eating the food would increase your chances of catching the rare fish and that would depend on the zone you were in (T2-T4 = T3 rare, T5-T6 = T5 rare and T7-T8 = T7 rare).

It's not about fishing in pools or nodes. Pools or nodes are definitely reduced. I'm also 100/100 and most of us know you don't need to fish in pools or nodes.

Maybe you are not aware that with the new update, it's likely you're able to fish only 2-3 times on the same spot (whether it's a node or not).

Before the update, you can easily fish at the same spot (location in the water, not where we are standing) for up to 10, and occasionally, 15 times.

It's not only the number of pools are reduced drastically, the quantity of fish from a single spot is also nerfed. Yes, they might have reasons for removing the number of visible pools because bots are abusing them, but to lower the chances of caught fish in a single spot as well is actually making lives difficult every fisherman in Albion.

Also, the quality and quantity of fish brought back by fishermen on your island seem to be affected badly as well.

So this is not a good move by SBI.