What are those new icons supposed to tell me?

• User Interface
    • What are those new icons supposed to tell me?

• Is that icon supposed to be displayed for a certain range of mastery? On a lvl 23 mastery I don't even have an icon
      • If it's based on a tier system then how come that the above has a bronze icon, despite being a high level, and yet a lvl 30 is silver = completely backwards considering the common route of bronze - silver - gold - diamond/platinum or whatever
    • There is a difference between metal greyish and silver obviously. SBI hasn't understood iconography, usability and user experience. If an icon can't be deciphered without an explanation then the icon is useless. Those stars tell me nothing. If I see a glowing star on an item of a player I inspect I don't even now what level range that is. Does this star represent level 120? 115? Or less? I don't know. They could just remove the stars altogether, the information value would be the same. Why they don't just work with stars that fill up like (1 of 5 stars is filled, shows low spec, 5 of 5 stars are filled shows highest spec).
    • Nebelfaust wrote:

There is a difference between metal greyish and silver obviously. SBI hasn't understood iconography, usability and user experience. If an icon can't be deciphered without an explanation then the icon is useless. Those stars tell me nothing. If I see a glowing star on an item of a player I inspect I don't even now what level range that is. Does this star represent level 120? 115? Or less? I don't know. They could just remove the stars altogether, the information value would be the same. Why they don't just work with stars that fill up like (1 of 5 stars is filled, shows low spec, 5 of 5 stars are filled shows highest spec).
      There are several ways they could've done it, and yet this is all they could come up with.
      • A: for a rough tier range 6 stars or something like that, where each star represent a lvl range of 20, which also neatly fits in with the increase of 20 levels due to elite level

• B: actually make the elite tier progress bars legible and use something like that as some sort of legend on the destiny board to showcase what the current meaningless icons are supposed to tell the end-user
      • C: a tooltip on the destiny board that tells the end-user what each meaningless icon is supposed to represent