Your Dismount Changes made 8+ Men Ganking "Easier"

• Your Dismount Changes made 8+ Men Ganking "Easier"

40 meters distance is not enough. You gotta make that at least 240 meters if you want to give solo people a chance to survive.

gankers are having a fest at the moment. this is too much.

The post was edited 1 time, last by solventh ().

• BreadPirate wrote:

Let me guess. The gang dismounts at around 43m away and instantly uses mobility to get close enough to cc the target?
      Thats not Possible because you have Cooldown on Sprints. If you dont dismount for open World content nobody is able to gank you. Just try not to run in chokes.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Everything they do in this game lately is targeted to help gankers that hunt down solo players and gatheres in groups of 3-6. This game just isn't for solo players with a job that can only play a few hours. And the power creep has become real with War Gloves, too. High damage and high mobility. I wonder, why you want to play healer or mage in this game anymore.

Check the map changes: Choke points everywhere so you can be ganked even easier. Dismount changes - of course it helps those that hunt people down and not those that are the ones being hunted.

Dunno why they are so obsessed with open world PVP when they 1) market this game as sandbox MMO where you can be and do anything and 2) most players aren't even interested in open world PVP. If people would like to PVP in open world every zone would be filled with PVP flagged players and red and black zones would be as crowded as yellow zones next to the cities. But there are mainly huge guilds roaming around that kill the lonely gatherers that try to get at least some high level ressources. Just try roads of Avalalon. Either you run into big groups or you don't see anyone on the whole map.

They should finally make this game more accessible for solo player that don't want to spend 20 hours per day fame farming in PVPing. Crafting is the biggest joke in this game - worst implementation ever of all the MMOs I played before. A market that is completely broken where raw ressources net you more profit than refined ressources or crafted items. Tedious crafting and gathering process with a cascading ressource system where you have to gather T2, T3, T4, T5, T6 and T7 ressources to be able to refine T8 ressources. Man that is fun! Where are the changes here? Where are changes to farming and animal breeding? Solo dungeons are basically dead now with the changes to fame in open world. When I get like 3k fame for killing a mob in the open world but only half of that in a dungeon then why should I run dungeons now??? I got over 100k fame for killing a yellow glowing boss mob in a yellow zone before. Basically as much as doing a full dungeon! It is obvious why this was done: Gankers need more sitting ducks to kill! And SBI likes to feed those kids free kills obviously.
    • Nebelfaust wrote:

Everything they do in this game lately is targeted to help gankers that hunt down solo players and gatheres in groups of 3-6. This game just isn't for solo players with a job that can only play a few hours. And the power creep has become real with War Gloves, too. High damage and high mobility. I wonder, why you want to play healer or mage in this game anymore.
      Imo this update benefits solo players a fair bit , mount hp buffs, the ! in your head that lets you know if another player is near you, nodes are bigger and high value nodes are highlited in your minimap, nerfs to perma cc comps etc. The game will always have ganking groups no mater what changes sbi does. If we are talking about open world this is the best state it has been in the 2 years I have been playing this game. With the implementation of high value nodes that appear in your map and elite mobs that get upgraded over time now you don't need to be in a t7 zone waiting to get ganked you can just roam t5 and t6 zones away from the portals, get lfame from open world mobs and loot from gathering and chests (right now its a bit hard beacuse everyone is playing open world but once the season starts it'll probably be a bit easier beacuse people are going to be doing hgs and other activities to farm season points).
      Also if you use dungeon maps, a t8 map has the chance to apear in t5 zones so fame farming for guildless players that don't want to travel 1000 zones or don't want to risk getting into a t8 zone can pop maps in low level zones and be really safe beacuse lets be real unless somebody sees you or you have REALLY bad luck nobody is going to dive you in a t5/t6 zone.
      idk about the wargloves all my guildmates that played them said thet were kind of bad.

Nebelfaust wrote:

Check the map changes: Choke points everywhere so you can be ganked even easier. Dismount changes - of course it helps those that hunt people down and not those that are the ones being hunted.
      Most of the mount changes are good for solo players for example now you need 5 seconds to auto attack, if you get tagged you only need to wait the gallop time to start galloping again and on top of that poisons now tick faster so you get tagged for less time now, at the end of the day avoiding getting ganked is alot easier.

Nebelfaust wrote:

Dunno why they are so obsessed with open world PVP when they 1) market this game as sandbox MMO where you can be and do anything and 2) most players aren't even interested in open world PVP. If people would like to PVP in open world every zone would be filled with PVP flagged players and red and black zones would be as crowded as yellow zones next to the cities. But there are mainly huge guilds roaming around that kill the lonely gatherers that try to get at least some high level ressources. Just try roads of Avalalon. Either you run into big groups or you don't see anyone on the whole map.
      Most players didn't go out in the open world for the same reason you don't see the point in doing solo dungeons anymore, before this update why would I go out in the open world when I can do hce o rat corrupted dungeons for fame and loot? and you can do whatvver you want in this game i don't get why some players act like they can't do some type of content beacuse is not as efficent as other types of content , just have fun man if you like doing t5 yellow solo dungeons go for it.

Nebelfaust wrote:

They should finally make this game more accessible for solo player that don't want to spend 20 hours per day fame farming in PVPing. Crafting is the biggest joke in this game - worst implementation ever of all the MMOs I played before. A market that is completely broken where raw ressources net you more profit than refined ressources or crafted items. Tedious crafting and gathering process with a cascading ressource system where you have to gather T2, T3, T4, T5, T6 and T7 ressources to be able to refine T8 ressources. Man that is fun! Where are the changes here? Where are changes to farming and animal breeding? Solo dungeons are basically dead now with the changes to fame in open world. When I get like 3k fame for killing a mob in the open world but only half of that in a dungeon then why should I run dungeons now??? I got over 100k fame for killing a yellow glowing boss mob in a yellow zone before. Basically as much as doing a full dungeon! It is obvious why this was done: Gankers need more sitting ducks to kill! And SBI likes to feed those kids free kills obviously.
      I dont think I understand what do you mean raw resources giving you more profit than refining or crafting. Each city or biome has a crafting buff that you NEED to use if you want to make profit. You dont need to gather every tier to refine t8 resources you can just buy the t7 resource from the market then you either buy or gather the t8 raw material and refine. The buffs to open world are meant to incentivise solo players and small groups to go out and compete for big rewards if you don't like to risk your money for high value resources the game gives you the chance to sitck to yellow/blue zones and do everything you can do in the bz with 0 risk even zvsz.
    • Sedi107 wrote:

Most of the mount changes are good for solo players for example now you need 5 seconds to auto attack, if you get tagged you only need to wait the gallop time to start galloping again and on top of that poisons now tick faster so you get tagged for less time now, at the end of the day avoiding getting ganked is alot easier.
      lol.. ppl are having directly usable weapon spells just 2 screens away from you and this guy talks about 5 secs auto attack thingy. :]
    • solventh wrote:

Sedi107 wrote:

lol.. ppl are having directly usable weapon spells just 2 screens away from you and this guy talks about 5 secs auto attack thingy. :]
      I still have to die beacuse of that change but the 5 sec cd for autoatacking is important beacuse if you are fighting a mob dismounted and someone dismounts on top of you you have plenty of time to leash the mob and mount back up.
    • Nebelfaust wrote:

Everything they do in this game lately is targeted to help gankers that hunt down solo players and gatheres in groups of 3-6. This game just isn't for solo players with a job that can only play a few hours. And the power creep has become real with War Gloves, too. High damage and high mobility. I wonder, why you want to play healer or mage in this game anymore.

• That particular scope for the biome change is glaringly obvious: where e.g. in the tiles around the Lymhurst portals you previously had mostly flat land with open-access high-ground areas you now have a multi-layered plateau design with choke points and obstructions everywhere
      • You're not wrong, but most people who favor open-world PvP aren't actually interested in a fair and well-balanced PvP match: they want to kill low-level/lower tiered players with the least amount of effort. If they were actually interested in somewhat balanced PvP Crystal League would be bursting with hordes of participants, right?
      • SBI backed themselves into a corner as their whole system revolves around PvE players/gatherers doing their thing, and by making it open-world PvP you can't opt out of "PvP" players have a never-ending source of fresh meat. Though experiment: what would happen if every PvE player either left the game or only does HCE. There should be PvP everywhere as only the people who want to PvP are left, as they're the ones venturing out with that in mind, but that's very unlikely, right?