Solo Dungeons feels like they have fallen behind

• PvE
    • Solo Dungeons feels like they have fallen behind

The increased fame and silver for killing mobs in the open-world is great, it's really great. But now I feel like there isn't much of a point to doing the solo dungeons because the rewards for doing them are worse than just going around in the open-world. And so far I've had a hard time finding zones that aren't already pretty full to do my grinding of fame and silver.

It would be great if there also was some update to the solo dungeons, or for PvE players overall who prefer to stay away from the PvP.
    • Yes of course. I think I misworded it a bit. What I mean is that the rewards are so low compared to Open-World content that there is no point in doing them. Of course, the rewards should be higher for Open-world content, that's not what I'm arguing against, I'm just saying - as the title suggest - that the solo dungeons have now fallen behind. The point is that they are at the point of feeling obsolete, at least for me.

Do you guys feel like solo dungeons are rewarding (enough)? @Quagga @Midgard
    • ArslanWoods wrote:

Lofthild wrote:

Corrupted dungeons are the only real solo-esque dungeons which are worthwhile, preferably as stalker or slayer.
      I guess I'll have to do those then I guess. I usually want to avoid PvP if I can.
      You can: you just have to play in the early morning, as by then there's barely anyone actively wanting to PvP in CDs, and then your only trouble is how to not die on your way to a CD entrance.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lofthild ().

• It may be nice if Open World mobs and static dungeon chests were the main source of dungeon maps, and then have the maps bump up the fame/difficulty to be the same as the tier's Open World content.

This means Open World content needs doing to get the maps. But people can buy the maps for a similar experience in solo dungeons.

So the base Solo Dungeon stays worse, but the maps even it out, while being obtained through open world content.
    • ArslanWoods wrote:

Yes of course. I think I misworded it a bit. What I mean is that the rewards are so low compared to Open-World content that there is no point in doing them. Of course, the rewards should be higher for Open-world content, that's not what I'm arguing against, I'm just saying - as the title suggest - that the solo dungeons have now fallen behind. The point is that they are at the point of feeling obsolete, at least for me.

Id flip that and say that open world fame is way too high. Boosting it is fine, but they overdid it to the point that its ridiculous. They need to tone it down a bit. So boosting dungeon fame isnt what id like to see .. id rather they lowered the insane openworld fame a bit
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • After experiencing New World it's quite refreshing to see a thriving open world community here with both pvp and pve both full loot and not. That game could take a few tips from this game on how to make a proper MMO experience. I joined a faction yesterday (Fort Sterling) and got into some really cool open world pvp battles. I think in the 6 weeks I played New World I got into a total of 3.
    • Midgard wrote:

ArslanWoods wrote:

Yes of course. I think I misworded it a bit. What I mean is that the rewards are so low compared to Open-World content that there is no point in doing them. Of course, the rewards should be higher for Open-world content, that's not what I'm arguing against, I'm just saying - as the title suggest - that the solo dungeons have now fallen behind. The point is that they are at the point of feeling obsolete, at least for me.

Id flip that and say that open world fame is way too high. Boosting it is fine, but they overdid it to the point that its ridiculous. They need to tone it down a bit. So boosting dungeon fame isnt what id like to see .. id rather they lowered the insane openworld fame a bit
      I disagree, the amount of fame is insane but looking at the real end game and the amount needed to max spec ie: 50m credits/15m silver i cant imagine farming that much with low conversion rate. Also if someone is interested in playing solo he would be at a total disadvantage.

@ArslanWoods
      As for dungeon solo i would take it more as off screen acvitiy like some nerflix + srd on second monitor, stress free activity with decent fame and silver.
    • Fikule wrote:

It may be nice if Open World mobs and static dungeon chests were the main source of dungeon maps, and then have the maps bump up the fame/difficulty to be the same as the tier's Open World content.

This means Open World content needs doing to get the maps. But people can buy the maps for a similar experience in solo dungeons.

So the base Solo Dungeon stays worse, but the maps even it out, while being obtained through open world content.
      I really like this idea. That way there would be an incentive for players seeking less risky PvE content to do OW stuff, or alternatively, just buy the maps from others a get less profit, but still better than only doing solo dungeons.
    • Killed a yellow glowing boss in yellow zone in open world. Over 100k fame without satchel. So why even run dungeons (same zone) now when a mob there is around 1-2k fame without satchel??? And now that normal mobs regularly drop stuff, also fame tomes, and also give much more fame than dungeon mobs, it makes even less sense. Around 3k for a mob in open world which is super easy to beat and fast, too.

I had a satchel equipped and killed one of those wizard ladies with her bats in T6 zone --> 7k fame. Basically died in 3 hits. Then I checked a dungeon in the same zone. The tougher mobs there gave me between 2-3k fame. Pointless, really.