Graphics Total Overhaul

• New

solventh wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

thats not graphics thats just ugly.
      i wonder how long u have been playing computer games. my days start from 1994. still, this s a relative subject, but i dont think you are an old one.
      are you sure you d want ao's current "dull" graphics over the one above?
      yes i like albions graphic and Design. If it looks like crap like your Picture above i would leave.
      But i think its ok, some people like and some dislike.
      I dont think they will change it.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • New

solventh wrote:

EscapeTheMeta wrote:

This just seems to lack the original whimsical aesthetic original to Albion and seems more like a “MINECRAFT REALISTIC GRAPHICS PACK”
      meh.
      btw this thread notes down all your replies. when that game gets released most of you will give a go for it. and most of you will like that game's graphics. i promise to assure you. :]
      your a developer of that game or why do you defend that graphic?
      Albion has a complete different comic Art style i really like.
      Why should every game look equal or need an "realistic" Art style?
      I dont know what game this is but even for realistic graphic this just looks bad. More like a bad Mix between comic and realistic style.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • New

solventh wrote:

EscapeTheMeta wrote:

This just seems to lack the original whimsical aesthetic original to Albion and seems more like a “MINECRAFT REALISTIC GRAPHICS PACK”
      meh.
      btw this thread notes down all your replies. when that game gets released most of you will give a go for it. and most of you will like that game's graphics. i promise to assure you. :]
      I actually thought that was a screen shot of Albion from 2014 or something. If someone is about to put that game out, with those graphics in 2022. That's a big yikes.

Photo realism never holds up because it looks dated even as soon as it is released. It's also much harder to run on low end hardware and phones. The biggest expanding markets in video games.
    • New

Piraterer wrote:

your a developer of that game or why do you defend that graphic?Albion has a complete different comic Art style i really like.
      I dont know what game this is but even for realistic graphic this just looks bad. More like a bad Mix between comic and realistic style.
      nope. i defend that image cos i ll never understand ppl who prefer albion's graphics to this image. simple.

i dont say the graphics in that image is perfect. what i say is it s definitely better then albion's.

anyway since it s a relative subject and since no1 supported me among the "3-4" of us, let s just end the topic. : P
    • New

solventh wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

thats not graphics thats just ugly.
      i wonder how long u have been playing computer games. my days start from 1994. still, this s a relative subject, but i dont think you are an old one.
      are you sure you d want ao's current "dull" graphics over the one above?
      I like Albion's art style and since it's a cross platform mobile game as well it wouldn't be able to handle the load of massive pvp sieges. This is a problem that has plagued New World since the beginning. I will also agree with Piraterer to a certain extent and say although I don't find what you posted ugly, I don't really like the style for this game. Albion has a unique art style which ages better then the one you posted. Since you want to find out how long long people have been playing computer games well I've been playing them since Commadore 64 back in 1986...(I"m Gen X NOT A BOOMER)
    • New

solventh wrote:

Piraterer wrote:

your a developer of that game or why do you defend that graphic?Albion has a complete different comic Art style i really like.
      nope. i defend that image cos i ll never understand ppl who prefer albion's graphics to this image. simple.
      i dont say the graphics in that image is perfect. what i say is it s definitely better then albion's.

anyway since it s a relative subject and since no1 supported me among the "3-4" of us, let s just end the topic. : P
      You are entitled to have an opinion which is that you don't really like Albion's. Others (myself included) can also have opinions and they prefer Albion's art style. It's very easy to understand because we all have different tastes (different strokes for different folks). No harm with what you were suggesting though because that's what this forum is for anyways.
    • New

DirkDingus wrote:

I like Albion's art style and since it's a cross platform mobile game as well it wouldn't be able to handle the load of massive pvp sieges. This is a problem that has plagued New World since the beginning. I will also agree with Piraterer to a certain extent and say although I don't find what you posted ugly, I don't really like the style for this game. Albion has a unique art style which ages better then the one you posted. Since you want to find out how long long people have been playing computer games well I've been playing them since Commadore 64 back in 1986...(I"m Gen X NOT A BOOMER)

meh..

albion has no unique art style. it s just ugly 3d poligons with no good detail. the game was started to be developed around 2013 when dota 2 and "its graphics" was the hype with those ugly 3d (2.5d) graphics. albion devs just tried to go in the same way in the graphics section, made similar graphics. it was a moba and albion was also going as a moba style mmo (6 spells.)

they went to choose the wrong way of having mobile platforms so the excuses about it dont interest me.

only the performance related things you talked about can interest me. we will see what happens with the game above in the next few years. i dont think they are gonna get bad performance with 100+ person fights.

i m also sad n surprised about ur opinions on albion's graphics as a gen x. you should have had a better taste.
    • New

solventh wrote:

DirkDingus wrote:

meh..

albion has no unique art style. it s just ugly 3d poligons with no good detail. the game was started to be developed around 2013 when dota 2 and "its graphics" was the hype with those ugly 3d (2.5d) graphics. albion devs just tried to go in the same way in the graphics section, made similar graphics. it was a moba and albion was also going as a moba style mmo (6 spells.)

they went to choose the wrong way of having mobile platforms so the excuses about it dont interest me.

only the performance related things you talked about can interest me. we will see what happens with the game above in the next few years. i dont think they are gonna get bad performance with 100+ person fights.

i m also sad n surprised about ur opinions on albion's graphics as a gen x. you should have had a better taste.
      Again that's YOUR opinion and why are you hating on me because of what I like? You won't win anyone over with that piss poor attitude you seem to have. My tastes are perfectly fine thank you very much and you don't have to feel "sorry" for me. The game's graphics aren't going to change so if you hate it so much I would suggest playing another game with graphics that suit your needs. The game went with a moba MMO style because they envisioned it being a true cross platform experience so having 4 hot bars like other MMOs from the past wouldn't make ANY sense on a cell phone. Just because you don't like or care about facts doesn't mean anything because this game will survive with, or without you playing.

PS: I started gaming on an Atari and I STILL like playing on an Atari. Graphics don't make a game (although they do help). Over the years I've played some of the prettiest piles of shit that were shallow as hell; It's all about gameplay for me. An example recently would be New World which has AMAZING graphics but some of the most boring content in ANY MMO I've played in the last 2 decades. I can see (from what you have posted) that you can't seem to figure this concept out or you are just bored and being a troll.. I hope you find something that has graphics you enjoy looking it. You've posted a lot on here so you have survived this long playing with the current graphics this game has to offer. Anyways that's it for me here; have a nice day.

The post was edited 9 times, last by DirkDingus ().