How to get rich and destroy the game economy? Simple, without cutting rocks with dirty hands under moonlight, just do Referral Skins!

• How to get rich and destroy the game economy? Simple, without cutting rocks with dirty hands under moonlight, just do Referral Skins!

I don't know what to say, but definitely, this thing will destroy the game economy very soon.

So many topics have been written describing this issue, but until now there is no common solution for this black hole,
      even after making skins untradable until the 15th of the later season, people still could hold them with numbers and sell them later for billions.

My simple suggestion is to change the whole referral system and turn it back to the old one, especially for the mount skin.
      so instead of taking the skin as 1 first reward after 1
      successful referral, it should be after 15 referrals maybe.

In this case:

1- That will prevent gathering those skins by self-referral without any punishment to the collectors.
      2- That will make the skins more valuable over time, and encourage players to buy them for self-usage only not for stashing in bulk as like rich-fat decorators in real life.

HIDKstr wrote:

Why is this a problem?

People can buy and resell it later? No, this isn't the problem!
      People can get the skin for 9M and resell it at 20m 3months later? No, again this isn't!

The problem is:
      First reward gives:
      1. Alter with premium that only cost 15 minutes of tutorial and 9M for premium
      2. Alter with 450 LP + 30K Focus then the month focus too.
      3. 500 Gold (1.5M silver)

I'm able to create a crafter/refineer alter and the game pay me for it.

The skin getting the price up and up its common on skins but its stupid too; u can "invest 500m on 50 skins, u can get 1B or maybe more. Easier than making T8 guild hall for workers.

Images
      • Screenshot 2021-10-24 035646.png

472.56 kB, 709×606, viewed 511 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sneferu ().

• Midgard wrote:

CassX wrote:

More than a thousand new players in AO is a good thing!
      But thousands of self referrals isnt a good thing ... and thats whats happening.
      Don't be silly, self-referrals are not allowed, SBI watches it and punishes it severely!
      I think here it was the following(if the photo is real): the person has 999 friends, each of them invited one person to AO and got a skin, then they borrowed those skins to make the photo.
      Surely everything is legit! SBI would not allow something like this, they are against it and punish it severely!

:D
    • You have a point but I can't help but read this as a salt post. It sounds like you just want to sell your skin for billions but because there's a lot of them in the market you can't lmao

I for one, think it's good that the skins can be accessible to everyone even if it's kind of shitty people do self referrals.
    • Просто голда в игре дорожает а ее притока нет. Разработчики как то должны решать эту проблему. К тому же графики и статистика игры упала. Как думаете почему упал приток новых игроков? ) Все это мыльный пузырь. Разработчики уже убили этим патчем экномику игры и ее уже ничто не спасет.
    • Georg51 wrote:

CassX wrote:

AO is a free to play game and you want to tell new players to buy premium for real money only right at the start of their AO journey?
      No new players are actually doing this, so yes, I want people abusing referral skins to pay real money.
      The fact that someone is abusing the system and SBI doesn't care is another thing, this system is supposed to be to motivate existing players to invite their friends who don't play the game to AO and maybe they like it, to tell someone "hey come try AO, it's fun, the game, plus it's free to play, I even get a nice skin for inviting you, but the only thing is that you have to buy the first premium with real money for me to get the reward for inviting you. .", I'd rather not say anything, I'd be more ashamed of it (if there was such a thing).
      Every game wants new players and tries to motivate existing ones to bring their friends etc, but this?
      Thanks no.
      It doesn't solve the self-referral problem, it just gives an exchange system for self-referral people, a skin for $12..
      But then there doesn't need to be a referral system at all and skins can be sold instantly for $12..
    • CassX wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

CassX wrote:

AO is a free to play game and you want to tell new players to buy premium for real money only right at the start of their AO journey?
      No new players are actually doing this, so yes, I want people abusing referral skins to pay real money.
      The fact that someone is abusing the system and SBI doesn't care is another thing, this system is supposed to be to motivate existing players to invite their friends who don't play the game to AO and maybe they like it, to tell someone "hey come try AO, it's fun, the game, plus it's free to play, I even get a nice skin for inviting you, but the only thing is that you have to buy the first premium with real money for me to get the reward for inviting you. .", I'd rather not say anything, I'd be more ashamed of it (if there was such a thing).Every game wants new players and tries to motivate existing ones to bring their friends etc, but this?
      Thanks no.
      It doesn't solve the self-referral problem, it just gives an exchange system for self-referral people, a skin for $12..
      But then there doesn't need to be a referral system at all and skins can be sold instantly for $12..
      People will also turn around and sell those referral skins when they first come out for 30-40$ worth of silver. Or even more
      IGN: PsychaChi
      Add or MSG me for groups or if you need help ^-^
    • Psycha wrote:

CassX wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

CassX wrote:

The fact that someone is abusing the system and SBI doesn't care is another thing, this system is supposed to be to motivate existing players to invite their friends who don't play the game to AO and maybe they like it, to tell someone "hey come try AO, it's fun, the game, plus it's free to play, I even get a nice skin for inviting you, but the only thing is that you have to buy the first premium with real money for me to get the reward for inviting you. .", I'd rather not say anything, I'd be more ashamed of it (if there was such a thing).Every game wants new players and tries to motivate existing ones to bring their friends etc, but this?Thanks no.
      People will also turn around and sell those referral skins when they first come out for 30-40$ worth of silver. Or even more
      Yeah, some skins are more desirable and thus have more value, over time their value goes up too.(at least for some..)
      If the condition for getting a skin is that the invited account has to buy the first premium with real money, it practically gives people who do self-referral the possibility to get a skin for 12 dollars which they sell for 50mil silver in half a year or a year. -yea, great..

I'm of the opinion that all referral rewards should be bound to the account, untradable, it is after all a special reward that should be for the player's efforts to invite other people to the game, now these skins are just another pieces of shit that can be bought in huge quantities on the market for a few million silver a while after the end of the referral season..
      If the skin couldn't be sold, enough people would lose motivation to do self-referral.
      But that's just my opinion on the solution, maybe it's wrong.

Imagine if the owners of ghostwolves, tigers, trumpets and other stuff like that couldn't sell those things today, ahh, poor Bogul. :D
    • CassX wrote:

Psycha wrote:

CassX wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

CassX wrote:

The fact that someone is abusing the system and SBI doesn't care is another thing, this system is supposed to be to motivate existing players to invite their friends who don't play the game to AO and maybe they like it, to tell someone "hey come try AO, it's fun, the game, plus it's free to play, I even get a nice skin for inviting you, but the only thing is that you have to buy the first premium with real money for me to get the reward for inviting you. .", I'd rather not say anything, I'd be more ashamed of it (if there was such a thing).Every game wants new players and tries to motivate existing ones to bring their friends etc, but this?Thanks no.It doesn't solve the self-referral problem, it just gives an exchange system for self-referral people, a skin for $12..
      Yeah, some skins are more desirable and thus have more value, over time their value goes up too.(at least for some..)If the condition for getting a skin is that the invited account has to buy the first premium with real money, it practically gives people who do self-referral the possibility to get a skin for 12 dollars which they sell for 50mil silver in half a year or a year. -yea, great..

I'm of the opinion that all referral rewards should be bound to the account, untradable, it is after all a special reward that should be for the player's efforts to invite other people to the game, now these skins are just another pieces of shit that can be bought in huge quantities on the market for a few million silver a while after the end of the referral season..
      If the skin couldn't be sold, enough people would lose motivation to do self-referral.
      But that's just my opinion on the solution, maybe it's wrong.

Imagine if the owners of ghostwolves, tigers, trumpets and other stuff like that couldn't sell those things today, ahh, poor Bogul. :D
      Yea Bogul is one of if not the biggest collection sellers in this game. He's climbed so high in the community just because he abuses numbers all day it just makes me sad.

I'm also pretty sure most of the economy updates and changes are just influenced by him and him alone so he can turn a profit. Real great..
    • Psycha wrote:

Yea Bogul is one of if not the biggest collection sellers in this game. He's climbed so high in the community just because he abuses numbers all day it just makes me sad.

I'm also pretty sure most of the economy updates and changes are just influenced by him and him alone so he can turn a profit. Real great..
      Pretty sure? Do you have any evidence? Ive never seen this happen at all, and suspect you're making up, what you don't know.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

Psycha wrote:

Pretty sure? Do you have any evidence? Ive never seen this happen at all, and suspect you're making up, what you don't know.
      It's speculation, sure. But others could argue he has the influential power to do this. He is one of the richest players in the game so it's possible.
    • To be fair, Bogul has been known to use his position on the RT to speculate item prices and profit greatly from it (he was even outspoken regarding the satchel and tome prices that were affected by changes made late to a patch after he already did buyouts to profit from it)

so yeah, players like him only hurt the game economy. It’s pretty despicable that he’s allowed to be a caster while influencing the game that way.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.