Warbow is now the only good bow in the open world.

• Combat Balance
    • Warbow is now the only good bow in the open world.

After SBIs bow nerfing spree the only viable option in the open world is warbow for solo/duo play.
      Normal bows e can now be mitigated easily and running it with any buff leaves you double vulnerable to purge builds
      Whispering bow turns you into a glass statue and the distance isnt worth it as its so easy to close the gaps
      Badon has no synergy with any other jacket now since the E reveals your ambush and merc is terrible with dots
      Wailing is for ZvZ exclusively
      Avalonian bow is a ZvZ weapon
      Longbow has always been a meme

Can bows please get a major buff/rework of skills like spears, dagger, axes, firestaff, quarterstaff, etc? Speed shot is useless, RoL got nerfed to oblivion, which only leaves explosive arrow and frost shot as our choices.

The post was edited 1 time, last by pytir ().

• I totally agree. The whispering bow, regular bow and war bow, are the only bows that will be "usable" in the next update. However, they still lag far behind other equipment kits.

The whisper bow, has 20% armor reduction -for an archer, which is already embarrassing-, and together with the regular bow are extremely dependent on basic attacks and their "E" abilities -more so the regular bow-, which are easy to mitigate and counter, and therefore, to remove all damage from these weapons. Just look at Murderledger and see in vods how bows just happen to lose every time.

I think it's a good idea that the general branch of bows, have a rework or a noticeable improvement to improve their pvp content, especially in their "Q" and "W" skills, which bring very little damage and make them dependent on a single "E" skill.

There have been multiple suggestions regarding this issue, but unfortunately it has never been taken into consideration. A pity. I hope that little by little it will be considered.
    • Sedocoi wrote:

you struggle to use multishot and frost shot correctly. Bow is in a fine spot if you arent a monkey. Frost shot has some of those most insane value in the game. 15s CD, huge displacement, huge lingering aoe slow, an i frame, everything.
      I dont struggle to use those correctly. In order to use normal bow effectively you have to be within range which frost shot puts you out of especially with the new nerf which makes your window to kite with the buff much more narrow, and multishot is a Q I specifically talk about W's. Also frost shot does not give you an iframe so I can tell you dont know much about the skill.

The overall tree is not in a good spot, and you making your whole argument around one W proves my point further. Theyve gutted speed shot and RoL so much that it only leaves room for frost shot which only lends well to warbow's playstyle.
    • Quagga wrote:

After the changes from DOT warbow is terribly clunky to play.
      Kiting and using mounts as an advantage has been killed which took away the whole style of play of the bow.
      *Cough* u can bump the dot topic i made about dots if you want : p

I would totally forget about that it can even apply to warbow and it´s poison Q.

Either way, bow are horrible for solo and duo, unless maybe ur super skilled - i didnt have fun playing them personally.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Like anyone was using any other bows apart warbow for solo / duo omegalol.

Never ever have i seen a solo / duo badon ever since i started playing the game.
      Bruh.
      2santos on YT for solo badon roaming it's possible I use to play it but can't anymore bc of the nerf to Merc, which wouldn't be bad if there were viable options.
    • can we just make bow have longer auto range to highlight their strengths?

at this rate where bow auto share same damage as magic staves feels lack luster for a weapon that relies on autos compared to caster weapons like frost or fire with strong Q to make up for most of their dps

if we increase the base range of autos of all bows by 2 meters reg bow can be on par with cross bow's auto fire range and whispering range would actualy be worth the -20% reduce defences due to how far the range is
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • the autoattack (aa) system in the game is pretty bad, no orb (kite) walking, aa ranges feeling inconsistent due to hitdelay, and lack of useful aa resets.

I think the most fun gameplay for the bow tree would be focusing on properly spacing with your mobility and dodging.
      the long range immobile dps role already fits fire and crossbow much better

I'd replace speed shot with a short roll that empowers your next aa (or ability?)
      and ofc multishot and normal bow should be reworked, they are often unfun to play against or even as

TL;DR auto attacks suck unless we get orb walking, give us an interactive kiting class to play (not just press E and walk away)

P.S. buff LONGbow E range
      ~ Kanra
    • pytir wrote:

After SBIs bow nerfing spree the only viable option in the open world is warbow for solo/duo play.
      Normal bows e can now be mitigated easily and running it with any buff leaves you double vulnerable to purge builds
      Whispering bow turns you into a glass statue and the distance isnt worth it as its so easy to close the gaps
      Badon has no synergy with any other jacket now since the E reveals your ambush and merc is terrible with dots

Can bows please get a major buff/rework of skills like spears, dagger, axes, firestaff, quarterstaff, etc? Speed shot is useless, RoL got nerfed to oblivion, which only leaves explosive arrow and frost shot as our choices.
      I really don't think that bows need a buff, whispering bow is gonna be THE next patch weapon cause it synergise so well with mercenary jacket...

Bows have frost shot -> 15s cooldown, huge 40% slow and multishot which is op because knockback -> interrupt + good amount of damage

Badon is not dead, it's just now more skilled, you just can't press E and mercenary jacket and win cause you get full value of it but you need to go with more tricky armor pieces like cultist robe, cleric robe, etc. (even armor of valor but it's not funny)

For the normal bow, he's getting buff -> +1s for the E and more healing value from mercenary jacket, it always had been an overpowered weapon cause you could easily kill T8 guys with flat 4 normal bow. And people are going to say : "One purge and the bow is dead", but the E cooldown is not very long and if you purge E, they have full value of mercenary jacket...
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfdRTenV98t-Xp1uvxMOKSA
    • Bows should be completely reworked like a lot of weapons.

Right now even now whispering is insane. I can hit the enemy 2 screens away, apply my mage poison on it and if it comes close i simply Q W away / make distance.

murderledger.com/players/1steri4ka/ledger

But i agree, it needs some practice

The only thing that destroys this play in the beginning of practice are super gap closer..

Like royal boots that engage on insane top speed
      Or 1h mace

Especially after update reg bow double merc will be super meta

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trial_hard ().

• RomainGold wrote:

pytir wrote:

I really don't think that bows need a buff, whispering bow is gonna be THE next patch weapon cause it synergise so well with mercenary jacket...
      Bows have frost shot -> 15s cooldown, huge 40% slow and multishot which is op because knockback -> interrupt + good amount of damage

Badon is not dead, it's just now more skilled, you just can't press E and mercenary jacket and win cause you get full value of it but you need to go with more tricky armor pieces like cultist robe, cleric robe, etc. (even armor of valor but it's not funny)

For the normal bow, he's getting buff -> +1s for the E and more healing value from mercenary jacket, it always had been an overpowered weapon cause you could easily kill T8 guys with flat 4 normal bow. And people are going to say : "One purge and the bow is dead", but the E cooldown is not very long and if you purge E, they have full value of mercenary jacket...
      I dont agree with you on whispering bow being THE next patch weapon, so many weapons synergize with mercenary jacket that have no decrease in defense to use it. Good luck standing still for 6 seconds getting your auto attacks in.

Again, I know frost shot is good but thats the problem its the only good W for pvp where other lines have so many more options youre just proving my point more.

Badon is dead; cultist robe is gonna get wrecked by gloves with all their CC plus the already CC heavy meta so thats moot, after you use your E you have nothing to do for the next 24ish seconds to increase damage output.

For normal bow+ merc theres so much more that counters it now; mage robe, ambush, fiend cowl, cleric robe, reflect, stuns, just running away. It'll be good against bad people who stand still but the point still stands that you have to stay still in order to get your damage and every skill in this game where you have to stay still is low tier for a reason.