YZ FW needs soft IP cap

• Faction Warfare
    • YZ FW needs soft IP cap

The yellow zone faction warfare has an overwhelming number of players with 8.3 masterpieces sets. This is counterproductive if we would like to make the YZ FW newbie-friendly.
      I was thinking of soft item power (IP) cap of that of CDs. This would discourage players to use overpowered items while giving new players a space to learn and have fun.

(I can't wait for 8.3 mp warriors to respond to this thread.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mhyrkoven: grammar ().

• Lmao I came back about a month ago and had the same realization of about the faction warfare. Dudes legit get off on coming back to the yellows with 8.3 gear and maxed spec and dumpstering newer players doing sieges. I think the real problem here is there is no high end content with enough reward for that level of risk.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

If you want to compete with people with high end gear, get your own high end gear.

This is basically what you just said... "My gear isn't as strong as other players so there should be a soft cap so my gear is equal to their gear".
      Its literally a bunch of dudes who have high end gear in a game all about risk vs reward avoiding the risk, and dumpstering dudes in 900ip for fun. Like its honestly probably partially the fault of repair cost not being enough to not make it worth it.
    • SBI seems to be silent on this issue.

The yellow zone fights were introduced as a way to acclimate new or inexperienced players to ZvZ. Instead, you have groups of players that are too risk adverse for red zone dumpstering mobile players and new players.

This was inevitable when they incentivized yellow zone faction with comparable rewards to full loot faction (outside of bandit). It is perfectly reasonable for someone to say, I might get half of the rewards per knock down, but I can bring high end gear and knock down way more than twice as many players as I could kill in red zone. On top of that, they also don't have to risk losing their items.
    • The repair cost on 8.3 gear can be up to 150k per knock down. While it is not a lot to people who can afford 8.3 masterpiece gear, it is still an annoyance if the person gets knocked down several times, and if you watch those big battles, the high end gear peeps are getting knocked down too. They aren't invincible. They are getting beat down by other people in high end gear, or by 5v1 or higher situations. The reason the people with the high end gear have an advantage is because they earned it. For someone who didn't earn it to come and say "I want my cheap gear to be equal to their gear" is just asinine.
    • FarmerLee wrote:

I welcome these 8.3 Yellow Zone warriors to venture into the red zone.

These guys seek an opportunity to completely shit on newer players without any real risk of losing the gear required to do so.
      Welcome them all you want. They will probably kill you there also if they were foolish enough to bring that gear there. But 99% of people who have such gear won't bring it to Red Zone. It doesn't mean they don't play Red Zone content, they just don't do it with that gear. Yellow Zone affords everyone an opportunity to PvP with their high end gear without losing it. The same lack of risk applies to the people they are "shitting on".
    • I am doubtful that someone who prefers to play in the kiddie pool would somehow kill real bangers.

I embrace risk everytime I log in. I send it into disadvantaged fights and often come out on top. My group doesn't buy gear to flex, we buy gear to stain it red.

If yz badasses want to come to the red zone and mix it up, I'll list their gear in caerleon for them to buy back.

The truth is, these yz guys seem to be attached to their gear. In red zone PvP, that is a disadvantage. In order to win fights, you have to be willing to put yourself in a position where you can die. You also have to trust your teammates to do what the can to save you and you have to do the same.

These guys clutch their best gear and in the red zone they always panic. They are used to farming noobs that don't hit back.
    • I am concerned for yz PvP. If we are to believe that yellow zone PvP is a stepping stone, then its reasonable to believe that many players are simply going to stop playing because their low spec and cheap gear is not able to compete with a high spec max tier gear player.

I personally think that the 8.3 warriors love feeling powerful and enjoy having noobs to slaughter. If there was a real tradeoff for them or a huge risk, I wouldn't mind.

If these 8.3 guys were risking their gear, then players like me would clap them and then the cost of clapping new players all day is that FarmerLee is there to take your high end gear.

As it stands now, the max tier guys risk 100k when they get down and make up for that drastically with faction points.
    • FarmerLee wrote:

I am doubtful that someone who prefers to play in the kiddie pool would somehow kill real bangers.

I embrace risk everytime I log in. I send it into disadvantaged fights and often come out on top. My group doesn't buy gear to flex, we buy gear to stain it red.

If yz badasses want to come to the red zone and mix it up, I'll list their gear in caerleon for them to buy back.

The truth is, these yz guys seem to be attached to their gear. In red zone PvP, that is a disadvantage. In order to win fights, you have to be willing to put yourself in a position where you can die. You also have to trust your teammates to do what the can to save you and you have to do the same.

These guys clutch their best gear and in the red zone they always panic. They are used to farming noobs that don't hit back.
      Cool story. But it is all assumptions. You have no idea what you are talking about. Check the PvP fame and recent kills/deaths on the players and see how they are doing in real PvP situations. You will find that most of them have plenty real PvP experience. Just because they fight in Yellow Zone doesn't mean they don't fight in Red Zone also. You sound crazy implying that. They just switch gear before doing so, which is the smart thing to do. This is more about you wanting them to be stupid and bring their 8.3 to Red Zone and not really about the fact they are using it to troll newer players.

If this is a lame attempt to get people to bring their 8.3 masterpiece gear into the Red Zone so your gank group can take it, nice try. If you really want to stop Yellow Zone warriors, go knock them down over and over and force them to have to repair their Gucci gear. That is the real solution. Complaining about it does nothing for you or them.
    • 100% disagree. My main activity is FW. (Although I do most of the content on offer and jump around to keep things fresh)

You'll see me most days faction flagged in 8.0+ gear, playing in Yellow and Blue zones. I have a build that I have been improving over time, it's not meta, it's not super strong but I enjoy it. So far I have sunk millions of silver into this and will take millions more to get up to 8.3 full spec (which is my goal). I play solo, (teaming up with random faction-flagged players when they are around) I'm not in a guild and usually, when I'm fighting over outposts it's several Thetford or Lymhurst v me alone (or a couple of other FS players).

If you have a soft IP cap it will mean 1 thing. More players = win. Done.

I pay around 120k silver per KO which is more than most people lose in the entire sets they take out into the red and black zones. There is no chance that I would take this set into a full loot zone. I do go into the red and black zones but as a solo player, it is basically a coin flip at this point, as there is so much silencing and cc, if you get caught out you are dead, you don't even get a chance to fight back. You just sit and watch your cc'd character get killed. This isn't about "the kiddie pool" it's about playing the game in a way that is fun. The idea that slamming a solo player in the open world 10v1 in a full loot zone makes you a "banger" is dumb as all hell.

I also think that the blue and yellow zone is an ideal place for newer and lower IP players to come into contact with 8.3 "warriors" as you put it. The worst case is that they will get KO'd and spend a few thousand silver in repair costs. What tends to happen though is that they will group up so that it is 10 lower IP players fighting one or two high tier players. This is thematic, fun, engaging and aspirational IMO without the brutal toxicity of being full loot. (I do like full loot pvp btw)

I can understand having caps for things like Corrupted dungs, but if it is going to just be everywhere then what is the point in aiming for better gear? The fact that you can only be KO'd IS newbie-friendly.
      Even a white rose has a black shadow.
    • Paying 120-150k silver per KO using 8.3 mp sets is not enough. You would still earn enough faction points from faction defense. Since, you just don't die vs 20 new players with 1.1k IP.

Instead of having soft ip cap, I would also suggest having 10% durability loss in YZ FW--just like KO in yz CDs.

Playing in RZ and YZ is totally different. The risks are not the same, so the playstyles differs. ;)

More newbie players =/= win. Again, my argument is that new players who don't know how invisible works (among others things) are being dominated (imho, too much dominated, see FACTION KO's rankings per week per faction to get an idea) by 8.3 mp warriors.
    • A slight deviation from the topic: I am generally a BZ/Roads gatherer, but sometimes chill with YZ faction gathering with a high end Bloodletter. That said: What's the deal with low IP players attacking gatherers then running away as soon as we turn on them? It's one thing if they're losing and retreat, but they literally start the fight, run away at the first sign of resistance, then turn on you as soon as you start gathering again. They're not trying for free kills on a potential bot (why re-engage after it's obvious I'm not a bot?) And their friends never come so it's not like they're scouting/keeping us busy for a team payoff.

I don't see the purpose here TBH. Unless folks are having fun being a slight nuisance. Good on them I guess if it's enjoyable gameplay, but it's a pretty confusing behavior. Any insight?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Druhran ().

• Druhran wrote:

A slight deviation from the topic: I am generally a BZ/Roads gatherer, but sometimes chill with YZ faction gathering with a high end Bloodletter. That said: What's the deal with low IP players attacking gatherers then running away as soon as we turn on them? It's one thing if they're losing and retreat, but they literally start the fight, run away at the first sign of resistance, then turn on you as soon as you start gathering again. They're not trying for free kills on a potential bot (why re-engage after it's obvious I'm not a bot?) And their friends never come so it's not like they're scouting/keeping us busy for a team payoff.

I don't see the purpose here TBH. Unless folks are having fun being a slight nuisance. Good on them I guess if it's enjoyable gameplay, but it's a pretty confusing behavior. Any insight?
      I don't mean to personally attack you. You said it that you don't care since it this does not bother you.
      So, why are you posting here?
      "I don't see the purpose here TBH."
      Our concerns may be different from yours, but it does not mean that it should stay closeted.
      Thank you for your feedback, Druhan.
    • Mhyrkoven wrote:

Druhran wrote:

A slight deviation from the topic: I am generally a BZ/Roads gatherer, but sometimes chill with YZ faction gathering with a high end Bloodletter. That said: What's the deal with low IP players attacking gatherers then running away as soon as we turn on them? It's one thing if they're losing and retreat, but they literally start the fight, run away at the first sign of resistance, then turn on you as soon as you start gathering again. They're not trying for free kills on a potential bot (why re-engage after it's obvious I'm not a bot?) And their friends never come so it's not like they're scouting/keeping us busy for a team payoff.

I don't mean to personally attack you. You said it that you don't care since it this does not bother you.So, why are you posting here?
      "I don't see the purpose here TBH."
      Our concerns may be different from yours, but it does not mean that it should stay closeted.
      Thank you for your feedback, Druhan.
      To be clear, I think it's probably a good idea in general to have a soft IP cap. Not discounting your concern at all, but in reading the thread it reminded me of this and it seemed more appropriate to post here than start a whole thread for something minor. (Minor doesn't mean it's not a nuisance, just trying to understand player motivations here)
    • Druhran wrote:

To be clear, I think it's probably a good idea in general to have a soft IP cap. Not discounting your concern at all, but in reading the thread it reminded me of this and it seemed more appropriate to post here than start a whole thread for something minor. (Minor doesn't mean it's not a nuisance, just trying to understand player motivations here)
      Actually Mhyrkoven is right, you should start your own thread. Your topic is completely different and is worthy of its own post.

Back to the actual topic: Any soft cap is unfair to the people who worked their butts off to get high end gear. A 10% durability loss is a fairer idea. Not saying I agree with it, but it is more fair than a soft cap.