Mace needs a nerf

    • Mace needs a nerf

      The most versatile weapon in the game with damage, CC, mobility, and can be used in literally any content in the game. Its kit is just too good. Deep leap has an iframe for some reason, and threatening smash deals truckloads of damage for a weapon supposedly meant for tanking and control. How is this weapon still not getting nerfs? Look at plate maces in Slayers. Those things have upwards of 70% winrate. They cant lose because you can never chase them and if you do, you get bumped into mobs and traps. and the thing is, its not even only in CD that they are strong.
    • mauvekeith wrote:

      The most versatile weapon in the game with damage, CC, mobility, and can be used in literally any content in the game. Its kit is just too good. Deep leap has an iframe for some reason, and threatening smash deals truckloads of damage for a weapon supposedly meant for tanking and control. How is this weapon still not getting nerfs? Look at plate maces in Slayers. Those things have upwards of 70% winrate. They cant lose because you can never chase them and if you do, you get bumped into mobs and traps. and the thing is, its not even only in CD that they are strong.
      Hahaha no. The one melee build i can face firestaff and bow, dont ruin this for us
    • I think 1h mace is powerful. The mobility and cc is high, the base damage is attractive, and the option for offhand adds power on top of it. The mace family also gives health as a stat.

      I think the stun on deep leap needs to be further reduced. The cc available on the 1h mace is high for the identity as a damage dealing weapon of the mace tree. I also think that the radius for the damage and slow could be reduced as well and reward accuracy. The mobility of the mace is high, but I think the correct approach would be to take power from the deap leap in order to leave the q and w skills intact for the rest of the mace family.

      I am not really in favor of removing the i-frame from the deap leap because I think this would create a meta full of boring unpassable walls which feel really bad as melee already. I think that 1h mace could also have its bonus health reduced. A 20% haircut would be a good start. This reduced health would have an impact in CDs and would maybe have mace players consider more defensive gear options for open world and team PvP.
    • EscapeTheMeta wrote:

      Hahaha no. The one melee build i can face firestaff and bow, dont ruin this for us
      Claymore and almost all spears can face fire staff:

      - Claymore can iframe the fire wall, for engage can prestack and go trough wall with charged E
      - Spears can just outrange fire staff with 2Q, catch them or pull them out of wall with harpoon, trinity spear and daybreaker E's can pass trough firewall, glaive has enough range to fling them out of fire wall; reflect spin vs 1h fire E/artillery = dead fire mage

      Both of course have problems against wildfire right now but not a big issue I guess

      Against bows... maybe spears playing better, idk
      U have to be a mega pro kiting with 1Q and catching with harpoon
      War Gloves supremacy

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Fabrizziou ().

    • Fabrizziou wrote:

      EscapeTheMeta wrote:

      Hahaha no. The one melee build i can face firestaff and bow, dont ruin this for us
      Claymore and almost all spears can face fire staff:
      - Claymore can iframe the fire wall, for engage can prestack and go trough wall with charged E
      - Spears can just outrange fire staff with 2Q, catch them or pull them out of wall with harpoon, trinity spear and daybreaker E's can pass trough firewall, glaive has enough range to fling them out of fire wall; reflect spin vs 1h fire E/artillery = dead fire mage

      Both of course have problems against wildfire right now but not a big issue I guess

      Against bows... maybe spears playing better, idk
      U have to be a mega pro kiting with 1Q and catching with harpoon
      Yes but i love the mace in particular, crowd control, damage, so masculine so cool to see the place shake
    • Ah yes. Let's nerf a tanking weapon cause the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs. Get a grip. You are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time. It's the bops that are annoying. Look at YT videos. 20 videos show 15 different OP builds. Conclusion - everything is OP in the right hands.
    • Worros wrote:

      Ah yes. Let's nerf a tanking weapon cause the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs. Get a grip. You are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time. It's the bops that are annoying. Look at YT videos. 20 videos show 15 different OP builds. Conclusion - everything is OP in the right hands.
      if it be a tanking weapon all fine, problem is dps tanking weapon. You can tank the same with 20% more CD on all CC & 20% less damage
    • Worros wrote:

      Ah yes. Let's nerf a tanking weapon cause the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs. Get a grip. You are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time. It's the bops that are annoying. Look at YT videos. 20 videos show 15 different OP builds. Conclusion - everything is OP in the right hands.
      Not just in CD. You can use 1h mace in literally almost every content that it shines above all other maces except camlann for ZvZ.

      Mace tree right now is a joke, you can literally see only two types of mace being used. Whole mace tree needs adjustment.
    • Worros wrote:

      Ah yes. Let's nerf a tanking weapon cause the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs. Get a grip. You are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time. It's the bops that are annoying. Look at YT videos. 20 videos show 15 different OP builds. Conclusion - everything is OP in the right hands.
      "lets nerf a tanking weapon" every suggestion in this thread literally leaves mace intact as a tanking weapon. nobody is complaining about it being a tanking weapon. see Trial_hard's reply.

      "the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs" at what point did I even mention that lmao. its strong in CDs yes but that is only to add to the main point that mace is strong in every aspect of the game.

      "get a grip, you are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time" lol those are such empty statements. yes, im fairly sure im getting killed by the mace most of the time. plenty of builds rely on bop but do they have as good a winrate and usage rate as mace? the data shows that mace is clearly stronger than most other builds.

      "20 videos show 15 different OP builds" just because the creator writes "OP" in their video title does not mean those builds are OP. everyone knows that those kinds of videos are just for content and views. nobody really believes that one-shot crossbow is actually overpowered.

      "everything is OP in the right hands" im sure the winrate of plate mace tells us that it is OP even in the wrong hands
    • Tanyuu wrote:

      Worros wrote:

      Ah yes. Let's nerf a tanking weapon cause the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs. Get a grip. You are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time. It's the bops that are annoying. Look at YT videos. 20 videos show 15 different OP builds. Conclusion - everything is OP in the right hands.
      Not just in CD. You can use 1h mace in literally almost every content that it shines above all other maces except camlann for ZvZ.
      Mace tree right now is a joke, you can literally see only two types of mace being used. Whole mace tree needs adjustment.
      there are actually guilds that run normal mace for ZvZ with specter jacket where they just flank backlines. even in ZvZ, it still has utility
    • mauvekeith wrote:

      Tanyuu wrote:

      Worros wrote:

      Ah yes. Let's nerf a tanking weapon cause the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs. Get a grip. You are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time. It's the bops that are annoying. Look at YT videos. 20 videos show 15 different OP builds. Conclusion - everything is OP in the right hands.
      Not just in CD. You can use 1h mace in literally almost every content that it shines above all other maces except camlann for ZvZ.Mace tree right now is a joke, you can literally see only two types of mace being used. Whole mace tree needs adjustment.
      there are actually guilds that run normal mace for ZvZ with specter jacket where they just flank backlines. even in ZvZ, it still has utility
      Yeah I know and it's great, but if I need tank for my ZvZ composition I'll prioritize camlann and put 1h mace to "Nice to have". But that's not the point of this thread.
    • Tanyuu wrote:

      mauvekeith wrote:

      Tanyuu wrote:

      Worros wrote:

      Ah yes. Let's nerf a tanking weapon cause the balance of the game should clearly be made around CDs. Get a grip. You are not getting killed by the mace itself most of the time. It's the bops that are annoying. Look at YT videos. 20 videos show 15 different OP builds. Conclusion - everything is OP in the right hands.
      Not just in CD. You can use 1h mace in literally almost every content that it shines above all other maces except camlann for ZvZ.Mace tree right now is a joke, you can literally see only two types of mace being used. Whole mace tree needs adjustment.
      there are actually guilds that run normal mace for ZvZ with specter jacket where they just flank backlines. even in ZvZ, it still has utility
      Yeah I know and it's great, but if I need tank for my ZvZ composition I'll prioritize camlann and put 1h mace to "Nice to have". But that's not the point of this thread.
      it kind of is. the point is that mace is mostly really good in everything and at worst is "nice to have" as you say.