In the end they did it, the GANKING its OVER

• Small-scale/Solo PvP
    • In the end they did it, the GANKING its OVER

If you liked ganking, say goodbye, now you can only play corrupt dungeons

• Disembowel (Claws)
        • Channel Duration: 2.8s → 1.9s
        • Number of Hits: 10 → 7
        • Damage per Hit: 31.26 → 45
        • The root effect is now heavily affected by Diminishing Returns, so players hit by Disembowel twice in a row are not rooted for the full channel the second time

• Soul Chain (Graveguard Armor):
        • Enemies pulled by the chain are immune to another Soul Chain for 10s

We've also ensured that Fiend Robe and Graveguard Armor can’t be used to chain-CC enemies by multiple players using the same abilities.

• Fear Aura (Fiend Robe):
        • Reworked the Fear Aura immunity effect:
          • If an enemy gets hit by Fear Aura, after 3s that enemy becomes immune to Fear Auras for 5s

Potions
      Poison potions have been pretty strong in a vast range of activities including PvE, ganking, and small-scale PvP. Particularly in ganking groups, poison potions bring too much value, where getting close enough to throw a poison once at the target is enough to keep them out of gallop for a fatal duration. This strategy doesn’t offer much interaction for the chased player on the mount, and as such the throw range and poison duration have been reduced to make it less easy to apply and allow mounts to regain gallop faster. This also reduces the overall damage output of poisons, which were already a very strong option for a lot of content and should still see plenty of use.
      • Poison Potions
        • Range: 11m → 9m
        • Number of Ticks: 7 → 5
        • Poison Duration: 6s → 3s

Mount Changes
      To encourage players to explore the open world and actively fight mobs, dismounting rules have been changed. If a player dismounts with no enemy player within 40m, the player can instantly use their three weapon abilities (Q, W, and E). However, the other ability slots (head, armor, shoe, potion and food) will retain a 5s cooldown after dismounting.
      In addition, mount health for most mounts used for travel, gathering, and small-scale transport has been increased, to better their chances of surviving being hit by fully charged mobs. Mount health had generally fallen behind in relation to players’ damage potential over the years, as mounts remained with much the same health pools while that of players increased. Health for these mounts has increased by roughly 25-50%, making them better equipped to survive the new challenges introduced in this update.
      • Q, W, and E ability slots now have a 0s cooldown when no enemy player is within a 40m range
      • Unable to auto-attack players after dismount: 3s → 5s
      • Mounting up on a mount with abilities (e.g. Elite Faction Mounts) no longer places mount ability slots on a 10s cooldown
      • Time-until-gallop stat on mounts: previously, the time it took to get back into gallop was always a fixed 8s regardless of the mount. Now, the time it takes to get back into gallop after taking damage varies by mount (this is the "time-to-gallop" stat on the mount). This makes it easier to escape ganks while mounted and encourages more players to venture into the Outlands to take part in the new content added with this update. At the same time, gankers stand to benefit from this elevated overall activity, which should more than offset the fact that individual ganks might become somewhat harder.
      • Mount Base Health Factor:
        • Riding Horses: +50%
        • Armored Horses: +60%
        • Oxen: +20%
        • Rams (transport): +20%
        • Direwolves: +26%
        • Cougars: +25%
        • Direboars: +30%
        • Stags: +50%
        • Lizards: +28%

GG @Retroman
    • ya posion is kinda dead, but rest is ok maybe?
      I mean still have 1h mace with cc and great mobility, frost, bloodletter, some of the future wargloves looks nice for gank and OW, claws now used for burst instead of using 3 claws for maintain the victim 3 days rooted, just 1 graveguard armor per party, bladed staff (maybe if someone is still using it?).
      War Gloves supremacy
    • Oh NO! Now it will not be brain dead gameplay!
      ---
      But for real... it is not over, now you just need to change some builds and tactic/rotation. I would say even more, IF this open world changes boost activity in OpenWorld like Devs are planning - it will be a heaven for gankers, since amount of targets will be huge. As result - more profit.
    • these changes should have been made a long time ago... the same should apply to any type of CC, every repetition of the same type of CC gives you immune/effect decrease by x%

the only ganking that will be affected is soloing... but it has been known for a long time that SBI does not care about solo players :D
    • Not fan of poison change. Range should be same, just add diminishing returns - make second poison 50% less effective or not effective at all etc.

Rest sounds good. Though, royal ganking for transporters will be harder, gl dismounting bears etc.

But for BZ, this is excelent.

This in BZ will affect brain dead Blobs of gankers that spam fiend robe, claws, and graveguard armor. So, great.

People said that ganking is dead even when there were some ganking nerfs and so on.

It´s as easy as ever to kill people, even as solo.

Just yesterday, like second guy i encountered - and without fiend cowl. Like bruh.

My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Honestly, this is the best they could have ever done to keep a positive gameplay environment for old and new players.

The game was way too focused on aggressive pvp giving group ganking activities an overpowered position were almost NO skills were needed to chase/camp , catch and dismount a player. On the other hand, players being ganked had almost no chance to scape after being hit by a poison pot or after being dismounted, even with enough practice and good skills, still it was way easier to gank rather than scape.

Now they are just balancing the game trying to make both activities (ganking and scaping) in a way that pure skill will decide who wins the upper hand.

I disagree 100% with the tittle given to this thread because Ganking is not over, totally the opposite, it will be way more interesting and challenging.
    • Zandragal wrote:

>
      • Q, W, and E ability slots now have a 0s cooldown when no enemy player is within a 40m range

And you don't imagine a few ways to use this for ganking? I already have. Dis gunna be gud, son
      Question is how big the radius is. One nerf is already preventing the first thing i thought of ( autoattack from 3 sc to 5 sc ) , so that´s good. Now poison range being reduced prevent other stuff.
      But who knows, will see.

Oh, i just figured out a way to exploit it. Kinda stupid, but it would probably work well.
      But hey, there are lot of ways you can exploit mechanics and only few people figured them out, so - will see how good people´s imagination is.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Zandragal wrote:

>

And you don't imagine a few ways to use this for ganking? I already have. Dis gunna be gud, son
      Question is how big the radius is. One nerf is already preventing the first thing i thought of ( autoattack from 3 sc to 5 sc ) , so that´s good. Now poison range being reduced prevent other stuff.But who knows, will see.

Oh, i just figured out a way to exploit it. Kinda stupid, but it would probably work well.
      But hey, there are lot of ways you can exploit mechanics and only few people figured them out, so - will see how good people´s imagination is.
      Had a very clean kill the other day in BZ that worked out like I imagined it might. Buzzed through an area and saw a guy doing gold mobs, kept running like I didn't want to fight. He ignores me and continues to PvE.

I get off screen and dismount with no cooldowns. Approach again, this time hitting my royal sandals and adrenaline as soon as I see his nameplate. I'm on top of him and spinning before he even has a chance to mount or react.

Dismounting people got harder, no lie there, but the sheer number of players out in the open world creates many situations and opportunities. And I still dismount people from time to time even while solo.