Dev Talk: Guild Season Changes

    • Dev Talk: Guild Season Changes

      The Lands Awakened update arrives November 24, bringing massive open-world changes, a new weapon line, an updated soundtrack, and more. In today's Dev Talk, Game Director Robin Henkys discusses the huge changes coming to Guild Seasons with this update.



      Note: This video includes subtitles for all our supported languages.

      For a written summary, click here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-guild-season-changes
    • Amazing dev talk!

      Still heavily concerned about the fact that guilds without territories literally have 0 incentive to contest those vortexes. No might/favor gains (guilds with terri gains from capturing them), no map bonuses for them for denying the capture (the guild capturing buffs the map), no extra season points (the territory generates more points with higher energy reserves from vortex for the guild owning the terri).

      So where's the incentive to group fight over those?

      those can obviously be transported on multiple maps but i just feel it will only make big guilds have an even wider gap with smaller ones even with the changes due to how many more boost are "easily" available for guilds with terry/ho/hq compared to those who don't and the might/favor gained from those on top of the other bonuses makes it "impossible" to truly compete imo.
    • Again,

      as every update, giga alliances will grow up more and players who prefere to not be slaves getting nothing. Until SBI grew some balls to cut alliances population, there is no chance for any positive changes in game. Black zones still will be excusive alliance farming place, and New Hideouts only help to stabilize their territory posession. Check BZ map, how many seasons passed, same guilds and same alliance on sme maps. Whole bz are alrerady divided and therei s no chance for smaller guilds to do anything.

      GG SBI

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Beerious ().

    • Beerious wrote:

      Again,

      as every update, giga alliances will grow up more and players who prefere to not be slaves getting nothing. Until SBI grew some balls to cut alliances population, there is no chance for any positive changes in game. Black zones still will be excusive alliance farming place, and New Hideouts only help to stabilize their territory posession. Check BZ map, how many seasons passed, same guilds and same alliance on sme maps. Whole bz are alrerady divided and therei s no chance for smaller guilds to do anything.

      GG SBI
      you actually are slightly wrong on this. yes t8-t7 bvig zones will be same guilds and alliances. but the BZ map as drastically change since BA leadership ban. POE and Arch doesn't handhold anymore, FS and Thetford are free of those 2 currently and POE lost about 1/3 of bridgewatch due to this.

      yes the inner circle is not changing much but things are moving around a lot more than you'd think. Took a while but things will start rewarding active guilds that do more than just cta's (aka most of the actual playerbase).
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

      The Lands Awakened update arrives November 24, bringing massive open-world changes, a new weapon line, an updated soundtrack, and more. In today's Dev Talk, Game Director Robin Henkys discusses the huge changes coming to Guild Seasons with this update.



      Note: This video includes subtitles for all our supported languages.

      For a written summary, click here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-guild-season-changes
      How does this system work with guild hopping? I'm not sure I understand if there's an incentive to actually stick to one guild and not jump every 4 days to another guild that's about to hit a threshold. It's nice that you can no longer 'leech' a season reward by not contributing season points though.
      Arcane shill

      Looking for a job with labourers? https://discord.gg/Av8apcsCZP
    • Tipx wrote:

      PrintsKaspian wrote:

      The Lands Awakened update arrives November 24, bringing massive open-world changes, a new weapon line, an updated soundtrack, and more. In today's Dev Talk, Game Director Robin Henkys discusses the huge changes coming to Guild Seasons with this update.



      Note: This video includes subtitles for all our supported languages.

      For a written summary, click here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-guild-season-changes
      How does this system work with guild hopping? I'm not sure I understand if there's an incentive to actually stick to one guild and not jump every 4 days to another guild that's about to hit a threshold. It's nice that you can no longer 'leech' a season reward by not contributing season points though.
      from my understanding, your personal progress is not reset on your own might level. This means only reason to stay in xyz guild is going to be to get the bonus of might/favor due to the guild ranking (which is 50% might and 25% favor for crystal #1 rank i think).

      So it doesn't link a person to 1 guild to unlock everything but does remove the power of guilds to deny people rewards by kicking 1day before people can get the rewards.

      There needs to be a buff for players sticking with a guild for multiple seasons. and the longer the bigger the buff. Doesn't matter if the game "chooses" that if it only start with this new S14 for this to start cumulating the "guild" fidelity/loyalty bonus or whatnot. it is still needed imo. even as small as a 5% buff per season with a cap at 25% would be more interesting since that would reward people for sticking with 1 guild for 1year+ helping create communities and not just guild hopping like right now. It wouldn't be enough to force people to only be committed to one but would actually reward people for sticking together.
    • Deathskills wrote:

      even as small as a 5% buff per season with a cap at 25%
      I've seen people that would happily hold you hostage for the exact 25% buff with unreasonable demands if you wish to keep the privilege.
      I'd say that the cap needs to be 1 year, with a lower total boost and smaller half-season ticks. ~12% total with 1.5% each half-season for sticking with the guild sounds a little more reasonable to me.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Beerious wrote:

      Again,

      as every update, giga alliances will grow up more and players who prefere to not be slaves getting nothing. Until SBI grew some balls to cut alliances population, there is no chance for any positive changes in game. Black zones still will be excusive alliance farming place, and New Hideouts only help to stabilize their territory posession. Check BZ map, how many seasons passed, same guilds and same alliance on sme maps. Whole bz are alrerady divided and therei s no chance for smaller guilds to do anything.

      GG SBI
      The Hideout system itself is the greater mistake of SBI.
    • Здравствуйте, не уверен, что пишу туда, но меня беспокоит переработка локаций, раньше убежище нашей гильдии стояло ближе к "S" и из перехода WS хватало бабла до убежища, а после перехода переместился ближе к "W". Да перемещать убежище можно на небольшое расстояние, но этого расстояния не хватает для перемещения ближе к переходам так, чтобы хватала щита до убежища.(Считаю что разрешение переместить убежище в пределах всей локации было бы правильным и решило бы эту проблему.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Svoy ().

    • Hattenhair wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      even as small as a 5% buff per season with a cap at 25%
      I've seen people that would happily hold you hostage for the exact 25% buff with unreasonable demands if you wish to keep the privilege.I'd say that the cap needs to be 1 year, with a lower total boost and smaller half-season ticks. ~12% total with 1.5% each half-season for sticking with the guild sounds a little more reasonable to me.
      i actually doubt anyone could be held hostage if they need to spend 4 seasons+ in a single guild for that type of buff but we both agree a buff needs to be present to reward loyalty and regardless of the % (and yours seems acceptable at least, very little rewarding imo for spending 3-4 seasons in a single guild but that's a different discussion i guess xD).
    • Hattenhair wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      even as small as a 5% buff per season with a cap at 25%
      I've seen people that would happily hold you hostage for the exact 25% buff with unreasonable demands if you wish to keep the privilege.I'd say that the cap needs to be 1 year, with a lower total boost and smaller half-season ticks. ~12% total with 1.5% each half-season for sticking with the guild sounds a little more reasonable to me.
      What if I am only willing to give you 1% per season, with a max of 5%? Deal or no deal? I'll let it be for all fame though, not just combat. Because guild gatherers and crafters shouldn't be left behind constantly.

      (not to be eaten!)
    • Piddle wrote:

      Hattenhair wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      even as small as a 5% buff per season with a cap at 25%
      I've seen people that would happily hold you hostage for the exact 25% buff with unreasonable demands if you wish to keep the privilege.I'd say that the cap needs to be 1 year, with a lower total boost and smaller half-season ticks. ~12% total with 1.5% each half-season for sticking with the guild sounds a little more reasonable to me.
      What if I am only willing to give you 1% per season, with a max of 5%? Deal or no deal? I'll let it be for all fame though, not just combat. Because guild gatherers and crafters shouldn't be left behind constantly.
      you are clearly not following bud... we are talking about might and favor buff (similar to what ranking gives which for #1 crystal is 50% more might+25% more favor).

      that is what we are talking about, not a direct fame buff lmao
    • Deathskills wrote:

      There needs to be a buff for players sticking with a guild for multiple seasons.

      Deathskills wrote:

      you are clearly not following bud.
      No, I am following, I am just saying that the buff should also be for all fame. Because might and favor is not a buff that everyone can take advantage of. It should also be tiny, because Hattenhair is right, GMs will use any buff to try and get players stuck in their guild.

      (not to be eaten!)
    • Piddle wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      There needs to be a buff for players sticking with a guild for multiple seasons.

      Deathskills wrote:

      you are clearly not following bud.
      No, I am following, I am just saying that the buff should also be for all fame. Because might and favor is not a buff that everyone can take advantage of. It should also be tiny, because Hattenhair is right, GMs will use any buff to try and get players stuck in their guild.
      you already get little fame buff from ho/hq which is ok imo since it ain't that big.

      at some point if people can't think for themselves it's too bad since even with the little amount of buff suggested by Hattenhair, if someone gets coerced into staying for a 3% buff per season sounds crazy insane to me and really not smart so... they might deserved to get exploited/farmed/being a potato at some point ngl.
    • Deathskills wrote:

      they might deserved to get exploited/farmed/being a potato at some point ngl.
      I disagree. The least able deserve to have at least a minimal amount of protection from being overly exploited by others. This game is already anarcho-capitalism lite. The ability for individual players to put their boots on large groups of players needs to be taken into careful consideration. It's why silver bags aren't taxed. Because bad apples have a much harder time tricking players into having all of their earnings drained from them by the guild tax mechanic.

      (not to be eaten!)
    • Piddle wrote:

      Deathskills wrote:

      they might deserved to get exploited/farmed/being a potato at some point ngl.
      I disagree. The least able deserve to have at least a minimal amount of protection from being overly exploited by others. This game is already anarcho-capitalism lite. The ability for individual players to put their boots on large groups of players needs to be taken into careful consideration. It's why silver bags aren't taxed. Because bad apples have a much harder time tricking players into having all of their earnings drained from them by the guild tax mechanic.
      just to be clear, might/favor gains are for BZ players only not royal continent player focused. so imo, if you can't notice by that point that you are being farmed and spend 2+ seasons and not realized you are being farmed for silver, this is the bigger issue and not just "greedy" gm since crystal rewards are player unlocked instead of guild unlock now. hence why i don't think it isn't as much of an issue under Hattenhair % suggestion
    • Deathskills wrote:

      just to be clear, might/favor gains are for BZ players only not royal continent player focused
      All players should be BZ players, and we should have policies and mechanics that lead to that. Trying to divide players into groups and then telling each of them that they deserve different treatment, is not a great way to go about doing anything really. Its bound to make one or the other of them pretty upset.

      (not to be eaten!)
    • Piddle wrote:

      What if I am only willing to give you 1% per season, with a max of 5%? Deal or no deal? I'll let it be for all fame though, not just combat. Because guild gatherers and crafters shouldn't be left behind constantly.
      Sounds kinda reasonable if it's for all fame.

      The main issue with balancing such a buff would be to make it high enough so that it is worth investing your time into, but not high enough that people could be coerced to stay in a guild because of it. The cap % also needs to be reached at ~1 year of time, in the case people wish to switch guilds they could build the buff back in a reasonable amount of time.
      But I still think the ticks should be not each season, but rather each half-season to give players a little more flexibility in guild swapping.

      Another issue with all fame is that people could just pump their crafting alts into a single offshore guild just to build that 5% bonus, basically for free.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      What if I am only willing to give you 1% per season, with a max of 5%? Deal or no deal? I'll let it be for all fame though, not just combat. Because guild gatherers and crafters shouldn't be left behind constantly.
      ... The cap % also needs to be reached at ~1 year of time, in the case people wish to switch guilds they could build the buff back in a reasonable amount of time.But I still think the ticks should be not each season, but rather each half-season to give players a little more flexibility in guild swapping....

      ...Another issue with all fame is that people could just pump their crafting alts into a single offshore guild just to build that 5% bonus, basically for free
      I think you are right about the time frame thing. I tend to see the game in terms of long time frames, so 2 years to get a bonus is fine, but I guess most players have a much more compressed time frame, like 3-6 months.

      I thought about this alt guild thing to. I think you can fix the bonus to a guild reaching X/Silver/Bronze rank, and make it so the idea of maintaining season standings as an individual player would just be too much work, and the bonus goes away if your guild ever drops lower than that rank.

      Or something like that. It will also push the value and idea of guilds that are more commercially oriented, because now if a bunch of crafters get together, they can split the work of maintaining the season rank and all profit.

      (not to be eaten!)
    • Piddle wrote:

      I thought about this alt guild thing to. I think you can fix the bonus to a guild reaching X/Silver/Bronze rank, and make it so the idea of maintaining season standings as an individual player would just be too much work, and the bonus goes away if your guild ever drops lower than that rank.
      Or something like that. It will also push the value and idea of guilds that are more commercially oriented, because now if a bunch of crafters get together, they can split the work of maintaining the season rank and all profit.
      Theres an individual contribution threshhold for the season mounts, right? You could aswell just use that to determine players worthy of the loyalty buff. Otherwise the whole system might be a little too bloated, so tying the requirements to something that already exists is better.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?