Snare charge is just too OP on 1h Mace with that E, nerf either one

• Combat Balance
    • Snare charge is just too OP on 1h Mace with that E, nerf either one

Snare Charge and 1h Mace E is both a strong mobility, which not really should exist in one weapon.
      Which mace E have iframe and strong stun, and snare charge have big range and long root, make this weapon is a disgusting opponent to face
      You can't run or chase a 1h mace easily,
      I would say make snare charge a ranged cast spell that do same thing like now except the mobility part.
      Or I would accept mace E become interruptable too but I like that E :)

#PlsNerfSnareCharge
    • Feng126 wrote:

Snare Charge and 1h Mace E is both a strong mobility, which not really should exist in one weapon.
      Which mace E have iframe and strong stun, and snare charge have big range and long root, make this weapon is a disgusting opponent to face
      You can't run or chase a 1h mace easily,
      I would say make snare charge a ranged cast spell that do same thing like now except the mobility part.
      Or I would accept mace E become interruptable too but I like that E :)

#PlsNerfSnareCharge
      stop - u have pushed me out of nature, u have pushed me out of holy, you force me to play thar boring mace, but alas let me play that on..

And btw..u don't understand the CC builds..

The key to all that is the capes & forcefield
    • Hattenhair wrote:

If the debuff and damage invulns magically dissapeared only leaving the CC resist it would be wonderful.
      Sticking free I-frames onto weapon E's is not a stellar idea.
      the I frame wouldnt be a problem if it wasnt because it has mobility, decent AoE damage and good CC

Claymore also has mobility and I frame, but its nowhere near overpowered
    • But what will the man children do if you nerf their OP weapon? they might have to actually fight people with tactics rather than endlessly repeat the same combo of- hit snares, pop dmg cds, reset infinitely and never worry about the enemy catching you because you KNOW your weapon has insane mobility. then theyll just quit and go play CoD, lolol. Game has to service people these "undeniable" weapon lines that allow people who do a little research to dominate ruthlessly those who did not. When i found out swords interrupt basically interrupts nothing, because so many spells are just uninterruptible, i about quit the game. probably will anyway cuz this game has heavy snowflake favoring mechanics. The latency being capped at 0.3 is also super frustrating for someone who operates at 300% that reaction time.
    • 1h mace is the most versatile weapon build wise and content wise
      it can go cloth burst, full cc tank and everything in between
      and is widely accepted into most group content

there are weapons better than it in specific contents aka camlann in ZvZ, hammers in crystals

but its versatility is what makes mace strong. its many unique Q and W choices see play in different contents and each is impactful
      and is one of the only weapons which sees use in all their skills

that and every other mace has terrible pve potential with close to 0 damage on their E

but i feel that mace in general is balanced their skills are quite telegraphed and easy to deal with when the seasoned player looks out for it
      including the root
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • FarmerLee here weighing in.

I have played 1h mace as my primary weapon since shortly after I started playing (start of quarantine). I mostly play small scale PvP in the open world. I think snare charge is strong within the kit of the 1h mace but not necessarily a problem. I think that snare charge is require for the mace tree and that the 1h mace is an outlier in the discussion.

1) I think that 1h mace is a strong option and is often the strongest choice for a tank weapon for most of the content I do. I'm not certain how the mace should be nerfed. I think the stun duration on the E could probably get reduced or the radius of the slow/damage could be reduced which would fit into the identity of the 1h mace (The dps weapon of the tree which would warrant less powerful crowd control rather than comparable crowd controlto the mace family.) As it currently stands, I think the mace overshadows the Relic Hammer! I think the mace e should (at best) be a baby grove.

2) The 1h mace does damage which makes it the only mace that is viable for solo play (outside of bedrock mace). This damage also allows for more flexibility in team comps. This likely is the biggest reason you see so many 1h maces. It is strong in solo play and can actually do damage instead of only supporting the damage dealers.

3) The mobility of the 1h mace is insane compared to the rest of the tree. I think the 1h mace E is the only ultimate in the tree that doesn't require a team to make use of it. This makes the 1h mace strong even without solid teamplay. A camlann can have a much larger impact in large fights, but a 1h mace can consistently have an impact even without a team working with them.

4) The Health bonus from the mace may be a little imbalanced. I think it would be appropriate to leave the health on the mace family but maybe reduce the health on the 1h mace and bedrock mace a bit further for being 1 handed. If the 1h mace is a bruiser/dps weapon, it shouldn't receive the same benefits as the pure tank weapons in the tree.

5) 1h mace immunity on deep leap is huge. There appears to be a huge power creep or maybe just a huge adoption of forced movement effects. The deep leap adds a counter to the effect of the forced movement (knight armor, fiend robe, robe of purity, Great Holy, fire wall). I think that the somewhat recent nerf to the length of the immunity was appropriate.

6) I think the recent buffs to heavy mace and the guard rune changes actually put a lot of power in alternative tank choices. These changes are slow to infiltrate into the open world groups, but I think that guard rune is a underrated spell and could potentially punish the 1h mace meta. I think that the heavy mace and even the bedrock mace could get more play as groups explore the power of the guard rune, judicator armor, forcefield helm, and the silence/purge of heavy mace or the displacement of the bedrock mace. To elaborate, I think the meta involves diving into the enemy healer. By having a peel tank support the healer, I think the power of the 1h mace will be drastically reduced. A stun immunity for the healer as well as resistance/healing buffs will add a ton of survability to the healer and backline targets.

TLDR: The 1h mace is really strong at the moment, but I don't think all of the recent buffs to the alternative tank weapons have really had a chance to influence the meta. I think that small nerfs are appropriate where the stats don't really match the 1h mace identity. The stun duration and radius of slow/damage should be slightly nerfed on the deep leap. I think this is appropriate since the snare charge is the only mobility for most of the mace tree and isn't really an issue outside of the 1h mace (though i don't personally think the mobility of the mace is an issue).
    • Quagga wrote:

Just remove the root from the snarge charge and leave the Iframe on E..
      Let the mace require at least some brain use....
      I am strongly for adjustment of 1h mace but in comparison with spear it is at least all skillshots..

While broadsword and spear is just press button as soon as available

Strongest things should not be press button closed eyes but unfortunately that's the situation
    • I'm not even talking about the CD, the whole CD is about cheesing and using broken or overtuned weapons.
      OW mace is cancer, the value it gives even in the hands of a new player is insane... just spam root/stun and enjoy kill.

removing root would be the best solution, but HCE carebears can't play the game when the NPC can move
    • Quagga wrote:

I'm not even talking about the CD, the whole CD is about cheesing and using broken or overtuned weapons.
      OW mace is cancer, the value it gives even in the hands of a new player is insane... just spam root/stun and enjoy kill.

removing root would be the best solution, but HCE carebears can't play the game when the NPC can move

I don't think you are thinking this through. Snare charge is hugely important for the rest of the Mace Tree.