Albion is getting harder and harder for solo players

• Albion is getting harder and harder for solo players

Yeah, you may disagree with that but that's my opinion. Albion doesn't reward risk; not proportionally at least. If you really want to get rich on Albion join a guild and gank solo players/small groups. You may say ganking have their risks too, but the rewards you get are higher so it covers easily all the risks you have. There always will be a scout to track you so 15+ more people will just kill you. And you can't just go back because you will lose bubble. You have to go ahead knowing that probably a bunch of players will kill you.

Sorry, but that's not my type of gaming. I enjoy a fair fight, with chances of defense. But when we talk about 1 v 15, that ridiculous. There are no ways of defense whatsover for that, mainly if they know how to gank properly. We can't go BZ, we can't go Heart Transp, we can't gather, absolutely nothing. Albion doesn't encourages solo player taking risks because the rewards won't be worth accordingly; on the contrary, it's more probable that you are gonna take loss.

Albion is about who have the best guild, the best equips and who enjoys being on packs to kill defenseless players. You could even put a chimp, if he is on a good group, he will make profit. I guess Albion is not my kind of game. I enjoy and appreciate a honorable fight, where skill prevails. There are no place for "good guys" on Albion, you won't progress if you keep your morale into the game.

There are so many thing that could be done: rising the players defense/attack accordingly to the number of hostile players on the map or at least giving better reward for playing solo. I know Albion was primarely tought to be a group game, but there are guys like me that enjoy playing solo. I'm an experienced player, I escape 80% of the ganks I get, but that 20% is enough to over all my profit.

Imagine how it would be nice to a solo player kill 15 players only by skill. That would make Albion great.
    • Auriden wrote:

Yeah, you may disagree with that but that's my opinion. Albion doesn't reward risk; not proportionally at least. If you really want to get rich on Albion join a guild and gank solo players/small groups. You may say ganking have their risks too, but the rewards you get are higher so it covers easily all the risks you have. There always will be a scout to track you so 15+ more people will just kill you. And you can't just go back because you will lose bubble. You have to go ahead knowing that probably a bunch of players will kill you.

Sorry, but that's not my type of gaming. I enjoy a fair fight, with chances of defense. But when we talk about 1 v 15, that ridiculous. There are no ways of defense whatsover for that, mainly if they know how to gank properly. We can't go BZ, we can't go Heart Transp, we can't gather, absolutely nothing. Albion doesn't encourages solo player taking risks because the rewards won't be worth accordingly; on the contrary, it's more probable that you are gonna take loss.

Albion is about who have the best guild, the best equips and who enjoys being on packs to kill defenseless players. You could even put a chimp, if he is on a good group, he will make profit. I guess Albion is not my kind of game. I enjoy and appreciate a honorable fight, where skill prevails. There are no place for "good guys" on Albion, you won't progress if you keep your morale into the game.

There are so many thing that could be done: rising the players defense/attack accordingly to the number of hostile players on the map or at least giving better reward for playing solo. I know Albion was primarely tought to be a group game, but there are guys like me that enjoy playing solo. I'm an experienced player, I escape 80% of the ganks I get, but that 20% is enough to over all my profit.

Imagine how it would be nice to a solo player kill 15 players only by skill. That would make Albion great.
      Solo players killing 15 players by skill is not really realistic, never gonna happen. But I agree with you in some parts, Albion definitely makes solo player's life harder, solo players should have at least a really small mobility buff against groups. Realistically small groups should move faster than bigger groups.
    • if u want fair figth go cds, hellgate, crystal league. why want fair figth in the open world. albion already has alot number desarry , 9 dps do close some dmg than 10 dps. if they focus the same target.. etc

u think its fair , wining 1v 15? and albion arent a skill bassed game
    • i think someone got ganked and come to forums to cry.

Yes, i agree that solo players must have their contents and opportunities. But u was missing something.

Do a party isnt that ez. Yes, for pve is quite, but for pvp is harder. Try to do a 5s pt in ur guild. Even in 24/7 discord u cant get a group everytime. Things go harder when we talk about 10s and even more 20s. Try to do a crystal core without disband after the first lose.

So, u cant blame the strength of a group becouse isnt ez do that pt. So they must have their advantages.

Do a large guild, work with a large ally, fight for terrys and HOs isnt that ez to not reward those guys. U cant compare ur solo gameplay effort with those guys that fight for their land.

Im not a zvz player at all, but i give them some credits.

If u want "fair fight", u have a lot of contents like CD, HG and crystals.

Also, there is a lot of gathers that make profit even getting ganked sometimes. Maybe u should get in a guild to know more than u can get solo.
    • Solo players always have harder live in albion.
      Risk vs revard is not exist in albion too.

but

"I enjoy and appreciate a honorable fight, where skill prevails. There are no place for "good guys" on Albion" - I don't agree with this. Our guild exist 5 years. We never gank. We are small guild but we have fun with kill gankers on royals and play own playstyle. I think that some gankers near Thetfort about 23:00-1:00 UTC can recognize us :D. I think they like us very much :D

We are not very skill players but we play with own "the code of honor". On past our guild was a part of CLS alliance.

"DusktreeSmackdown - YouTube" start about 2:00

If you want play solo and with some "the code of honor" you switch on hardkore mode in this game so dont be suprice if will be harder :)
    • I think the game is just balanced poorly. It would be nice if there wasn't such extreme incentive to stand around with claws and try to kill people 1v9. It is a meaningless play style. You gain "fame" for butchering defenseless people. In a society such as Albion's you should lose fame for greatly outnumbering an opponent. Imagine what the PVP fame totals would be like if it were adjusted to subtract all PVP fame gained by outnumbering an opponent. Most of the current top "PVPers" who have never done anything resembling PVP would go into negative PVP fame. With PVP fame changes, they could foster a situation where those seeking PVP fame would actively seek balanced fights and would actively avoid dishonorable fights. The systems in Albion are very specifically designed to cater towards not having PVP be possible, because people are more interested in feeling like they PVPed but are too frightened to PVP. We have corrupted now, so it is OK I guess, but open world will likely never be interesting for anyone. Just bored people standing around in choke points with claws pretending to PVP, and everyone else avoiding them like the plague.
      https://steamcommunity.com/id/asgaeroth/
    • Asgaeroth wrote:

Most of the current top "PVPers" who have never done anything resembling PVP would go into negative PVP fame.
      I'm sure the majority - if not all - of the top 50 pvp fame players have received the bulk of their pvp fame from CD's the last few months.

This argument is pretty dead in the water considering that SBI has made CD's a thing and every single patch or update since they've come out have included balancing features for CD's.

Solo players literally have an entire game feature dedicated to them, yet they still want to cry about how hard it is for them to fight in the open world?

Get a grip.
      Gamer Dad. Old enough to know better, much too young to care.
    • Well yes, this is a hugeproblem in albion.

People have been running in blobs more and more often.
      Even blob of gankers.

And it´s not suprising. It eliminates any risk on their part. There are next to no disadvantages for running a group. No downsides to it.

There is nothing easier than overwhelming others with numbers. In fact, game encourages you to do it.
      1) AOE escalation was nerfed, so smaller groups don´t stand a chance against bigger groups now.
      2) There are next to no diminishing returns, so you get brainlessly chain CC by people mashing buttons and you aren´t even allowed to move.
      3) since you have numbers, you can either wear cheap gear ( 4.1 ) and you dominate everyone anyway - or you wear high tier gear ( 8.1 + ) and you demolish even decent groups due to your numbers and gear.

And only downsides to group ? Gear is just damaged more and repair fee is higher. That´s it. Nobody cares about it.

There should be not higher damage rate, but higher TRASH rate if you gank in a group. Trash rate should be same in zvz, but normally - trash rate should be much, much higher the more people you play. If you are being hit by 5 claws, dont tell me the gear shouldn´t break.

And recently for solo, axes are unplayable as you cant mount up due to unintended mechanic by changing how combat works, therefore if you play axes as solo - you dont really have a proper chance to run away, for bleed triggers combat and instead of having 10 seconds to mount up and 20 seconds to zone out, its 16 seconds to mount up and 26 seconds to zone out . But whatever, that´s another thing.

Numbers should have more disavantages. It´s just pretty lame that its all about numbers. And you should have ways of escaping in CC. There being no DR - like wow.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad, you are really a hypocrite. You told that you enjoy a fair fights, but killing afking player on Ava road? Where is your honor then.

And its like that with all this crybabies. Just let them have any opportunity to make easy money by killing another player and their anti killing objections dissapearing instantly. Its making me laugh.
    • i feel you bro, i frequent cross path those bunch of clowns being solo is realy hard at 1st but eventualy you'll learn to avoid zergs and group of gankers.. i've been solo for almost 3 years and i realy know how it feels..

but everything will not end just like that you need to overcome it and go with it..

yesterday i was killed by more that 10 people they are using fast mount meanwhile i'm only using T3 horse, guess what it takes 4 zone to catch me thanks to mobs i got slowd.. its not that they are bad on catching but rather i know how to gank so i know what they will do next.. if only i load fast enough i surely scape that one..

now whats the connect? its not about being solo is hard rather how far your experience in the game will help you survive as a solo player..
    • Beerious wrote:

Borbarad, you are really a hypocrite. You told that you enjoy a fair fights, but killing afking player on Ava road? Where is your honor then.

And its like that with all this crybabies. Just let them have any opportunity to make easy money by killing another player and their anti killing objections dissapearing instantly. Its making me laugh.
      I sure don´t enjoy fair fights.
      I enjoy unfair fights, fighting more people alone, running into blobs and groups of people to kill them : )

And this particular boi was when i was in roads with some newbie gatherer and we were being chased by group of people with like 7.3 stuff and at that time there appeared this dude - seeing him, i thought it could be a bait and hey - i don´t care. I thought i would most likely die, but - anything for fun. Guess he was part of that group and he got disconnected or had to run afk - either way, it sure was worth it . I suppose his groups thought we were running like scaredy cats, but like hell i would reject any fun : - )
      He was most likely part of avalonian group that was chasing us with many people - well, i am fine with that, more fun for me :D

When i am in open world, i have a death wish and look for any fun. If i wanted fair fight, i would just play corrupted ( though, it´s not even fair, as people run in 8.3 and it´s usually IP check, that´s too boring).

And even if he wasn´t part of the group, it´s black zone. I have a death wish and i kill everything that is at least T7 gear.

Also, i am an honorable ganker - i would never do something dishonorable like partying with someone just to leave party and kill him, or pretending to be someone´s friend just to kill him. Hell, if someone is being nice and helpful ( aka if it´s like a gatherer that shows me a big node ), i can´t bring myself to kill him then.
      On the other hand, if i have my eyes on someone i am about to kill and he will try to talk to him, i will state that i will try to kill him and so on, so he won´t get a wrong idea : )

You should be glad there are people like me in BZ. As i usually roam solo, which means you have a good chance to escape - unless those that run in groups of 10 or more.

And if you go to BZ, especially high tiers, you should expect no mercy. Especially at T8. It´s not a noob zone. And this particular boi had it coming, since his big group was chasing us - and even in case he wasnt part of them, which is very unlikely, bad luck then. It´s black zone.

Only problem is that now people run huge blobs, and why wouldnt they ? Easy killings, easy loot, extremely safe.
      Pretty boring though, overruning others with numbers. The trash rate should be like twice higher or even thrice if it´s so many people. Even if it was just that based on how many people tag you, even that would be at least something.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• I guess everyone who plays solo doesn't complain about fair fights...

for me personally there is a lack of itemization that would allow taking 1v3,4 etc..

The stupidest and simplest example of lack of such items is shown by poisons. you will be 2-3 t8 poison and you have almost no HP.. ^^ :D
    • Jean_Helius wrote:

Auriden wrote:

Solo players killing 15 players by skill is not really realistic, never gonna happen. But I agree with you in some parts, Albion definitely makes solo player's life harder, solo players should have at least a really small mobility buff against groups. Realistically small groups should move faster than bigger groups.
      Cursed staff and great hammer used to be like this in Alpha 2 - beta 1 killing kids of 5-6 plus SO NO its not fuckin fun
    • Borbarad wrote:

Well yes, this is a hugeproblem in albion....

There should be not higher damage rate, but higher TRASH rate if you gank in a group. Trash rate should be same in zvz, but normally - trash rate should be much, much higher the more people you play. If you are being hit by 5 claws, dont tell me the gear shouldn´t break.

Gankers would come after you in BZ for zero gain, just because they can and they are bored, looking for content. You could go in naked and would still be killed. Loot or the amount of trashing gear has zero influence on the problem you adress here.
    • In PvP there should be 90% trash rate, atleast. You play for fun not for the silver...
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.