Lands Awakened is now on the Test Server!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lands Awakened is now on the Test Server!

The Lands Awakened Update is currently running on the Test Server!

We have made a new section for Feedback on the Lands Awakened Update: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…-Lands-Awakened-Feedback/

Our Developers have posted short introductions on every feature.

On top of that, we have a raffle going on that you can enter by engaging with each of the features.

If you want to learn more about how to participate and what has changed, here are the relevant links:

Please note that we will update the Patchnotes this evening to explain some of the topics further!

If you want to know how to enter the test server:

After the Launcher opens, do NOT click on "play". Instead, open the dropdown menu above and choose "Test Server (staging)"

isEazu7LhX.png

-> download and click on "play"

to get back to the live server, select "Albion (live)" in the dropdown menu.

Please note that:
      • The test server will be reset regularly, meaning all your progress there will be lost
      • nothing you do on the test server has any influence on the live server
      • you need your log-in credentials from the the time the last update on staging happened (the last one happened on the 30. Oktober 2021)
      • you may find cheat stones and free crafting stations on the test server, feel free to use them, they are there to help you test the update more efficiently
      • the test server may have performance issues / temporary downtimes, which is normal and does not need reporting

P.S. please leave your feedback in the appropriate sections, otherwise it might get lost somewhere.
    • GokuBlackBR wrote:

I bet all those changes are provided by the new family friendly company that bought SBI few time ago. Albion is officially now their new game for little kids as all the other games they do have.
      the company that bought SBI has nothing to say in the development of the game btw. How is a full loot sandbox game for "little kids"?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Guirssane ().

• GokuBlackBR wrote:

Guirssane wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

I bet all those changes are provided by the new family friendly company that bought SBI few time ago. Albion is officially now their new game for little kids as all the other games they do have.
      the company that bought SBI has nothing so say in the development of the game btw. How is a full loot sandbox game for "little kids"?
      That is where you are wrong.
      Game development decisions are 100% made by Albion's dev team, which is exactly the same team with the same people in charge than before we became part of the Stillfront group. Nothing at all has changed here and this makes total sense, even from a strictly "business" point of view. Nobody would assume that somebody else could manage and develop a hardcore Sandbox MMORPG better than the original dev team.
      Where we collaborate closely with Stillfront - and benefit a lot from the cooperation - is marketing and user acquisition, an area where we had and still have a lot to learn.
    • When the Stillfront deal came out. I did my due diligence and among their horde is a company I am somewhat familiar with. And all evidence leads me to believe that nothing has changed there in the last 25 years.
      ..QQ _^..^_/ QQ..
      (not to be eaten!)
    • GokuBlackBR wrote:

Guirssane wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

the company that bought SBI has nothing so say in the development of the game btw. How is a full loot sandbox game for "little kids"?
      Great rebuttal, we should definitely listen to such concise and well substantiated claims like this. ''You're wrong''..
    • Korn wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

Guirssane wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

Game development decisions are 100% made by Albion's dev team, which is exactly the same team with the same people in charge than before we became part of the Stillfront group. Nothing at all has changed here and this makes total sense, even from a strictly "business" point of view. Nobody would assume that somebody else could manage and develop a hardcore Sandbox MMORPG better than the original dev team.Where we collaborate closely with Stillfront - and benefit a lot from the cooperation - is marketing and user acquisition, an area where we had and still have a lot to learn.
      There is only one hardcore content on Albion and you guys just nerfed it without letting people know about it. No transparency at all on how you guys work and the community opinion doenst not matter. And duo to the bad work of your comunnity managers there is no interaction between the players and them so you guys lack on feedbacks.
      That means you guys completly failed in your mission.

Look around you, Kor. The whole game stands in safe zones. How good is your team?
      You guys literally invested all the time and efford to improve the Black Zone for the big guilds and alliances while they was doing RMT under your nose.
      You guys buff and nerf items based in a content that less than 10% of the game cares (Crystals and Corrupted Dungeons). You guys promote content that nobody watch. 200,000 monthly active players to have less than 200 people engaged on those streams seems right to you? And now you're telling me that there is no influence behind the devs team so why the game right now is more safe than ever before? Mobile releasing bring a lot of new people, right? Then the game needs to be more safe and playable to those players then they can buy gold when they realize the game itself lacks of information and comunication.

How many open world content you guys killed lately? Dungeon Diving, Faction Warfare and even ganking allowing people to spam Hideouts.
      For what purpose? None. The changes are always aimed to fill the need of that small player base you guys believe so much. Simple suggestions to improve the interface of the game are being ignored for years. (Fix party finder bug please. Wait, why? No one uses it.)
      You guys sometimes take almost a year to release a update with bugs and due to your amazing policity there is no refound once a player is damaged by those bugs. There is no comunication between the main player base and you guys. Because it is good to watch people stay on yellow zones for months.

I just don't understand how is possible to see a team of profissional people doing the same mistakes multiple times in a row. That update is basically a new playground for the guilds that already are in the Black Zone but not viable to new groups to explore because there is big a difference between what you want and what the reality allows you to do. With no specs and knowloge you will just get wiped and back to yellow zone. Release it and watch 50% of the players look at it and say "No, Thank you" because the PVP right now is totally opcional and most of the players will deny it.
    • Hmm, if I were to shit on SBI for their incompetense then it would be 3 main points:
      • Issues take too long to fix:
        Certain bugs like Broadsword E hitting people despite getting CC'd during animation can persist for years, 3 years as of today, even despite countless bug reports;
        The policy of not releasing hotfixes or balance adjustments mid-season is a severe deal-breaker aswell. If I were to take an example it would be the 1H dagger rework which completely ruined the PvE economy of a whole season, which could have been easily adjusted in a day or two, but for some reason persisted up until the next patch.
      • Not enough attention to quality:
        A lsizeable chunk of improvements usually turn out either half-arsed or unfinished in some way;
        As an example UI had a rework in the recent times, yet some parts of it like the labourer interface were left untouched up to this day. A lot of small improvements like the farming usability or quality reroll improvements will be included in the next update, yet melding multiple artifacts at a time still wont be possible. Some popups like the 30m avalonian roads portals can not be toggled off, etc.
        Same could be said about certain balance changes: Things like the 50% passive damage reduction did stop people from abusing healer staves in corrupted dungeons, yet at the same time this severely impacted build diversity for healers and their viability in solo or small scirmish content, which overall did not look like a well weighted desicion, which in my opinion did more harm then good.
      • Lacking back and fourth communication with players:
        There's not much to expand on, but besides the obvious duties which the community managers perform (Informing about events, moderating the forums, etc.), the backwards communication is honestly lackluser. Unless a topic reaches a certain critical point of mass or unrest, you have no way of knowing if the feedback you provided is even asknowledged at all, even for high quality posts with informed desicions and proper argumentation (unconstructive 10-word rants can be ignored, obviously).
        As a suggestion for improvement I can put another game's patchones posted on a forum, linking certain threads with the suggestios made, as they are being implemented into the game, which certainly helps the players to understand that their feedback is not rendered worthless:

- You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • GokuBlackBR wrote:

Guirssane wrote:

GokuBlackBR wrote:

Tell me you like to whine and complain without telling me you like to whine and complain.