[Update] HCE Ninja Changes and Some Thoughts

• as many stated, you can all see diferent opinions, some like it and its rewards, some dislike it and thats why they trashtalk about i.

the truth everyone adapts.

acording to some old player coments...

remember when HCE started, and everyone went there with whatever they like, super random sets, lets go in an get SPEC in this useless weapon and set parts that are almost useless for normal PvE !!!

and again there are no game rules restricting the use of sets and weapons.
      it is the comunity the one puting all those rules.. that are not a game requirment.

it was experimentation, until enough players started enhancing the HCE expirience and started to realize !!!
      is not fun to die to much, the higher the level/map, the harder to kill mobs... we no longer 1 shot kill them.

i can play in a fun fashion and stil be enternained... o no
      the higher we go, the less fun it is !!!
      i get slaped once and i die, its no fun to be a melee players if i die in every mob pull.

and so some HCE pionieers started doing experiments on how can i play it better and be the first to go to HCE level 18.
      how can we overcome this to many deaths ??
      how can we help the tank so it will not diea
      how can we support each other so we kill the mobs faster ??

and so... the comunity collected informtion created the HCE Roles as we know them today.
      but again, its due to players that just want to the as efficient as possible in an specific activity within Albion Online.

---

on next patch, just players that still enjoy the content will keep playing, and will adapt accordingly.

if in that next patch HCE 15 to 18 just become unplayable and/or just a wast of time and resources. and HCE 14 is the new sealing.
      well HCE player base will adapt to it, HCE market will adapt to it, HCE map market will adapt to it.
      and yes, those that only did it for fame, start deming it unprofitable for fame, will look for other fame activities !!!
      those who played it for silver, if it just becomes a silver pit, them those players will leave HCE and search for other activities for silver !!!

it just happend that up to this version of albion, for too many it was more than just a fun activity.. many went for silver and/or fame, not for fun and comunity.
      so those will leave !! and only those for fun and comunity may keep playing HCE.
    • Kransten wrote:

if in that next patch HCE 15 to 18 just become unplayable and/or just a wast of time and resources. and HCE 14 is the new sealing.
      well HCE player base will adapt to it, HCE market will adapt to it, HCE map market will adapt to it
      The problem is that changes are happening because these Karens crying in forum while they lack knowledge.

They have no idea about HCE. They have no idea about how much silver can be farmed via ganking. They have no idea how much some player earning via laborers. (I have a profit of 3m/20 minutes -> 9m/60 minutes with laborers but the ~1m / hour silver gain is too broken in HCE. The 20m / 20 seconds is not much, that is random. That is why I see every week Wolfie guy is ganking people worth of hundreds of millions of silver, surely spending less time in game than that 20 players that earn 100m+ under a week in HCE)

All these crying could be solved if SBI remove the Silver collected tab in the rankings. Simply because these Karens lack knowledge and common sense. All they see a number and they lack the brain capacity to understand that it is not magically generating in the bank while the player is eating his dinner.

Karens.
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • Hey there,

based on the feedback received we did a lot of additional number crunching and decided to soften the HCE balance adjustments to the following:
      • HCE fame reduction has been reduced to match the silver reduction (from -25% on Level 15+ to -10%), but HCE mob strength has been increased to compensate for the strength gained from Elite levels (+5% damage and hit points)
      This will be published as part of the revised testserver patch notes.
    • Malkalma wrote:

Kransten wrote:

well HCE player base will adapt to it, HCE market will adapt to it, HCE map market will adapt to it
      The problem is that changes are happening because these Karens crying in forum while they lack knowledge.
      They have no idea about HCE. They have no idea about how much silver can be farmed via ganking. They have no idea how much some player earning via laborers. (I have a profit of 3m/20 minutes -> 9m/60 minutes with laborers but the ~1m / hour silver gain is too broken in HCE. The 20m / 20 seconds is not much, that is random. That is why I see every week Wolfie guy is ganking people worth of hundreds of millions of silver, surely spending less time in game than that 20 players that earn 100m+ under a week in HCE)

All these crying could be solved if SBI remove the Silver collected tab in the rankings. Simply because these Karens lack knowledge and common sense. All they see a number and they lack the brain capacity to understand that it is not magically generating in the bank while the player is eating his dinner.

Karens.
      i just need to point out, even after Korn's update on the matter (which is very much appreciated) that them numbers for hce are hella low...

you can make up to 6 hce per hour. even on lvl 13-14's you make close to 500k silver each with no respec and satchel (and yes imma assume nobody downs cause that shit can be done in 1600 ip in like 13-14mins to even lower cost). So that's already 3m/hour and you ain't even at the highest level.

Fun fact, even if you go full t8 Guild hall mode, that's still about a 58-60m investment for just 15 laborers that bring about 14-20k each a day. (210k up to 300k a day) so ROI for that 2minutes spent is still hella long (and this doesn't account for the upcoming change). So the fastest ROI is 195 days and longest (if 14k and not lower) is 278 days. that means to break even it is the equivalent of doing 6.5 hours of "playtime" on top of having to front money daily to buy them journals (which initially can be really expensive (cheapest is 85k and most expensive about 125k each). so that means needing to front 1.275m up to 1.875m a day and wait until everything else sells to be able to afford back anything. Entry cost might seem cheaper (at least today compared to a year ago where a single GH was 100m+ in t8) still makes less imo than what good hce can do and doesn't have as big of an entry cost too.

yeah the 8.3mp is not needed. you can go 8.3 weapons with 6.3mp armor easily even in 18's (just the tank need that plate in 8.3 for them hp's and again no need to go with mp quality).

so even at a 20-30m set per player, since the players gain fame while doing hce, y'all love to forget that fame does have a market value (watch tome of insight pricing which dictates the cost for 10k fame). so nah, HCe's is probably one of the most profitable things to do once you realize this. still can make 3m/hour while gaining specs. even if you use the argument the person is already full specced and has respec off, they still gain respec which as a value (5k respec is still 10k fame which as pointed earlier as a market value due to tome of insights).

So please say again how you can barely make 1m/hour in hce? like this the reason people started to ask randoms to have 1700 avg to do lvl 10's in lfg chat. the shit is too easy currently. is the best way buffing the dmg/health of the mobs? i don't think so. but 100% i do believe the amount of level 12+ maps being run should be probably cut by 20-30% and not due to bad rewards but due to bad players not being able to complete them. Exact same way ava dungeons are impossible to do until you actually start to "master" them big ass pulls and dodge them aoe's.

So yeah laborers could be said to make more money but imo, laborers need a decent market knowledge to not build the wrong one, need 60m upfront for the setup+ 1.2m+/day for a shortwhile before truly seeing any sort of profits and ROI is literally above 6months to almost 9-10 months currently.

Yes HCe does require active playing more. But it gives way more rewards since it gives fame. even at 300k fame hour(which is higher tbh), that is still equivalent to 30 fame tome (which are 30k currently so 900k silver). so even with the "low'ish" 500k per map i mentionned, half competent teams they could still gain up to 4m+/hour? like come on. and don't use like lvl 8 as a reference since you can do them in 4.3mp... heck, probably can even complete a lvl 10 to be really honest with an amazing group (obviously maybe not the avg player but this is guaranteed, learnable things, ganking even the best can't make a penny if tehre's no one passing by hence why it is so different then hce or laborers, skill is required but it's predictable and don't require "luck" to get into).
    • Malkalma wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

you can make up to 6 hce per hour
      Wattafakk.
      I did Fistful level 18, it was 32 minutes. Dude manages to put 6 * 32 minutes into an hour. Hey Dr. Strange, not everyone has a Time Stone.
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • Deathskills wrote:

you can make up to 6 hce per hour. even on lvl 13-14's you make close to 500k silver each with no respec and satchel (and yes imma assume nobody downs cause that shit can be done in 1600 ip in like 13-14mins to even lower cost). So that's already 3m/hour and you ain't even at the highest level.
      • 6 HCE is the theoretical maximum because there is actually a cooldown in starting expeditions (10 mins)
      • Normally teams don't finish lvl.13-14 in 13-14 minutes with 1600+ main hand and offhand IP.
        • No way. I would like to meet someone who can do that. Next speedrun star.
        • Let's just talk about people who are using 8.3 MP main hand and offhand, the gear can be 6.3 MP.
        • even then, it will be 4 maps per hour back to back at most with T1 DPS, which is quite significantly from your 6 maps per hour, don't you agree?
        • between lvl. 13-14, only 13 & 14 raven, 14 stone war, 14 fistful, 14 preaching, 14 EB, 5 maps out of 20 actually have more than 500k silver revenue with standard skips (note: raven needs full clear)
        • assuming a random distribution of maps, the average silver revenue should be 450k
        • also, it is silver revenue, not actual profit
        • you have to deduct food, potion, repair fee, map investment cost if you want to be serious about this
        • So, 1.8M/h max revenue is what you should get if you do the fair calculation
        • Let's say you die once out of four, kind of average.
        • 1.5 - 1.6 M/h if you are strictly a solo player
        • with guild tax and territory penalty, it is way worse: 1.35 - 1.4 M/h
        • the entry cost is 8.3 MP main hand and offhand, so basically 60-70M minimum, which is actually higher than a T8 guild island.
        • Also, fun fact, if you are willing to be a scout in r3, you can earn 1.2 M/h minimum XD
      • Why bother comparing passive income with active income?
    • G0000000 wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

• 6 HCE is the theoretical maximum because there is actually a cooldown in starting expeditions (10 mins)
      • Normally teams don't finish lvl.13-14 in 13-14 minutes with 1600+ main hand and offhand IP.
        • No way. I would like to meet someone who can do that. Next speedrun star.
        • Let's just talk about people who are using 8.3 MP main hand and offhand, the gear can be 6.3 MP.
        • even then, it will be 4 maps per hour back to back at most with T1 DPS, which is quite significantly from your 6 maps per hour, don't you agree?
        • between lvl. 13-14, only 13 & 14 raven, 14 stone war, 14 fistful, 14 preaching, 14 EB, 5 maps out of 20 actually have more than 500k silver revenue with standard skips (note: raven needs full clear)
        • assuming a random distribution of maps, the average silver revenue should be 450k
        • also, it is silver revenue, not actual profit
        • you have to deduct food, potion, repair fee, map investment cost if you want to be serious about this
        • So, 1.8M/h max revenue is what you should get if you do the fair calculation
        • Let's say you die once out of four, kind of average.
        • 1.5 - 1.6 M/h if you are strictly a solo player
        • with guild tax and territory penalty, it is way worse: 1.35 - 1.4 M/h
        • the entry cost is 8.3 MP main hand and offhand, so basically 60-70M minimum, which is actually higher than a T8 guild island.
        • Also, fun fact, if you are willing to be a scout in r3, you can earn 1.2 M/h minimum XD
      • Why bother comparing passive income with active income?

Finally someone who is willing to give actual numbers to these Karens. I got tired of it, trying to tell them numbers. Feels like they are afraid of the truth. Did not achieve anything, I hope you will...

But I doubt you will because dude thinks he can do 6 runs under an hour. Obviously never played HCE, not even low level... Leave alone high level HCE...

Also I doubht you can make 450-500k on level 13-14 maps.

I looted around 650k on level 18 lumber mill.
    • so entry is 8.3 MP. You buy it once and u dont have to worry about anything else. You have no risk there. Dying is not a risk like in open world - dying is if you make mistakes, and you cant lose your entry gear.

And "
      • Also, fun fact, if you are willing to be a scout in r3, you can earn 1.2 M/h minimum XD"
      really ?

You dont do HCE just for cash, what a joke. . You generate lot of fame.
      How much fame btw, since we speak of numbers ? And dont forget about satchel.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

so entry is 8.3 MP. You buy it once and u dont have to worry about anything else. You have no risk there. Dying is not a risk like in open world - dying is if you make mistakes, and you cant lose your entry gear.

I never saw a ganker in 6.1 tho, but one death in HCE still means I spend 60%+ silver of the amount a ganker spends on a single gear. (if I'd use 4.1 fiend robe, the gear cost only 250k).

Let alone that you don't take a fight where you can die as ganker. You see 2 players together? Leave them alone. No risk.

Someone is coming to fight you and you are about to die? Run and survive.

You need more people? No problem, there is no number limit. Bring 5 more and tell everyone how skilled you are in 1v13.

Now tell me how a HCE player avoids a fight with the mobs without risking to lose 2m+ worth of map?

Being a ganker means MUCH LESS INVESTING and MUCH LESS RISK. You risk same amount of silver. One death, you lose the same amount the HCE player does. Only difference the ganker won't rebuy the gear and spend that 250k and go back to take the same fight risking to lose that amount again. A HCE player goes back and tries to kill the mobs again, because has no choice without making the map owner lose 2m. The same amount 8 ganking gear cost.

In gear 250.000 silvers investment vs 50.000.000-70.000.000 (200x-280x times more)

Let's look at this video:

First target dead under 30 seconds, approximately 8m loot, 5 players / gear cost around 300k --> they earned 1,6m / person under 30 seconds (should I mention that this means 192.000.000 silver / hour? :))
      2nd target 20 seconds, 4m loot, 5 players --> 800k / person
      Now the following loot happened, in every clip they are 5-6: 4m, 4,5m, 14,2m, 2,75m, 8,24m, 5,83m, 20,5m, 15m, 22,7m

So we ended up with 109.72m worth of loot. Let's calculate with an average 6 players. That means each player got 18.286.666 silvers in less than 10 minutes. All of their gear did not worth more than 2m.

300.000 silvers of investment and ended up with 18.286.666 silvers. In less than 10 minutes.

You'd get a stroke if the amount of gankers (for example) earning would be shown in Rankings.
    • G0000000 wrote:

Also, fun fact, if you are willing to be a scout in r3, you can earn 1.2 M/h minimum XD
      240k per dungeon
      Dungeons mostly take 20min +/-.
      600k/1h still less and extremely boring compared to HCE.
      (I just talked to an arch friend who gave me the exact numbers.)
      + You can die, lose time, wait for a team, it's not profit constant like HCE.
    • Deathskills wrote:

Malkalma wrote:

Kransten wrote:

The problem is that changes are happening because these Karens crying in forum while they lack knowledge.They have no idea about HCE. They have no idea about how much silver can be farmed via ganking. They have no idea how much some player earning via laborers. (I have a profit of 3m/20 minutes -> 9m/60 minutes with laborers but the ~1m / hour silver gain is too broken in HCE. The 20m / 20 seconds is not much, that is random. That is why I see every week Wolfie guy is ganking people worth of hundreds of millions of silver, surely spending less time in game than that 20 players that earn 100m+ under a week in HCE)

Karens.
      i just need to point out, even after Korn's update on the matter (which is very much appreciated) that them numbers for hce are hella low...

Fun fact, even if you go full t8 Guild hall mode, that's still about a 58-60m investment for just 15 laborers that bring about 14-20k each a day. (210k up to 300k a day) so ROI for that 2minutes spent is still hella long (and this doesn't account for the upcoming change). So the fastest ROI is 195 days and longest (if 14k and not lower) is 278 days. that means to break even it is the equivalent of doing 6.5 hours of "playtime" on top of having to front money daily to buy them journals (which initially can be really expensive (cheapest is 85k and most expensive about 125k each). so that means needing to front 1.275m up to 1.875m a day and wait until everything else sells to be able to afford back anything. Entry cost might seem cheaper (at least today compared to a year ago where a single GH was 100m+ in t8) still makes less imo than what good hce can do and doesn't have as big of an entry cost too.

yeah the 8.3mp is not needed. you can go 8.3 weapons with 6.3mp armor easily even in 18's (just the tank need that plate in 8.3 for them hp's and again no need to go with mp quality).

so even at a 20-30m set per player, since the players gain fame while doing hce, y'all love to forget that fame does have a market value (watch tome of insight pricing which dictates the cost for 10k fame). so nah, HCe's is probably one of the most profitable things to do once you realize this. still can make 3m/hour while gaining specs. even if you use the argument the person is already full specced and has respec off, they still gain respec which as a value (5k respec is still 10k fame which as pointed earlier as a market value due to tome of insights).

So please say again how you can barely make 1m/hour in hce? like this the reason people started to ask randoms to have 1700 avg to do lvl 10's in lfg chat. the shit is too easy currently. is the best way buffing the dmg/health of the mobs? i don't think so. but 100% i do believe the amount of level 12+ maps being run should be probably cut by 20-30% and not due to bad rewards but due to bad players not being able to complete them. Exact same way ava dungeons are impossible to do until you actually start to "master" them big ass pulls and dodge them aoe's.

So yeah laborers could be said to make more money but imo, laborers need a decent market knowledge to not build the wrong one, need 60m upfront for the setup+ 1.2m+/day for a shortwhile before truly seeing any sort of profits and ROI is literally above 6months to almost 9-10 months currently.

Yes HCe does require active playing more. But it gives way more rewards since it gives fame. even at 300k fame hour(which is higher tbh), that is still equivalent to 30 fame tome (which are 30k currently so 900k silver). so even with the "low'ish" 500k per map i mentionned, half competent teams they could still gain up to 4m+/hour? like come on. and don't use like lvl 8 as a reference since you can do them in 4.3mp... heck, probably can even complete a lvl 10 to be really honest with an amazing group (obviously maybe not the avg player but this is guaranteed, learnable things, ganking even the best can't make a penny if tehre's no one passing by hence why it is so different then hce or laborers, skill is required but it's predictable and don't require "luck" to get into).
      What bad calculations are you doing? I am an engineer and in my calculations you earn 1,500,000 at that level 13 - 14 - 15 (assuming 15 minutes per map) and 2 minutes of dead time of leaving, accepting and entering the map. You must also deduct the cost of the map that is 1,500,000 / 5 persons = 300,000
      assuming you have a fixed party that only plays those three levels.
      If you play with a random person the dead time increases.
      remember the cost of food and poisons = 10,000
      if you are a tank you need to change food for some bosses.
    • Quagga wrote:

G0000000 wrote:

Also, fun fact, if you are willing to be a scout in r3, you can earn 1.2 M/h minimum XD
      240k per dungeonDungeons mostly take 20min +/-.
      600k/1h still less and extremely boring compared to HCE.
      (I just talked to an arch friend who gave me the exact numbers.)
      + You can die, lose time, wait for a team, it's not profit constant like HCE.
      Scouts in ARCH getting robbed then. Around 2 years ago (or more) I got paid 100k/person (so 500-600k / dungeon) and I doubt any run took more than 20 minutes... I was in the Money Guild I think.
    • albion online is not a game of free choice, it's just a game where SBI decide their fate. nerfing your content to simply release another and try to attract the audience in a forced, and manipulated way. unfortunately we have no way to escape, as the content is already nerfed and will still take more nerfs. nerf in mace stun, silver and fame in a few days there will no longer exist, not even instinctive for such content, which is already totally complicated. each day more players stop playing for reasons like this

The post was edited 1 time, last by RedDustr ().

• Borbarad wrote:

so entry is 8.3 MP. You buy it once and u dont have to worry about anything else. You have no risk there. Dying is not a risk like in open world - dying is if you make mistakes, and you cant lose your entry gear.

And "
      • Also, fun fact, if you are willing to be a scout in r3, you can earn 1.2 M/h minimum XD"
      really ?

You dont do HCE just for cash, what a joke. . You generate lot of fame.
      How much fame btw, since we speak of numbers ? And dont forget about satchel.
      • The entry is 8.3 MP. You pay only once. Correct!
      • If you die inside the dungeon, you pay a repair fee, which is at least 180k.
      • Dying in the dungeon is not about you making no mistake. It is about everybody making no mistake.
      • Hence, there is an inherent risk there because you gotta trust the other players.

For those of you who don't know, if you want to get fame in HCE after you get 700/700:
      • I don't have any data with auto-respec off, because I always play with auto-respec on, but since the conversion rate should be below 10% (that's assuming everything has a 10% conversion rate), then the free fame credit rate should be at max 200K/h.
        • again, in reality, the 10% conversion rate is not true
        • offhand has 0.5%
        • head slot 2.5%
        • armor slot 5%
        • I am seriously sketching an upper bound here
        • I don't have empirical values simply because I almost never play HCE without auto-respec on
      • if you turn on auto-respec, you lose around 1M/h, which is including all gain from doing maps and paying out of pocket

• in other words, your silver in that inventory tab decreases at a rate of 1M/h. You get a ton of fame credits though.
        • quoting stats from my last run of HCE, it was 2.57M/h of fame credits, 1.49M/h of silver collected
        • Auto-respec costs 0.9 silver per fame
        • I lost 1.08M silver after doing a run of 14-18. (not counting all other misc. fee)
      • if you turn on satchel..., I don't know, man. I am not that rich. But the ratio should be 1.21 - 1.23 silver per fame (before the patch), which means you will even get more fame, but you lose even more silver out of pocket.
      • the key takeaway: you either get a lot of fame from HCE by burning silver, or you get okay silver and okay fame. CAN'T HAVE okay silver AND a lot of fame!!!
      I gave that fun fact because the person I am quoting is very fixated on the silver generated from playing HCE.

And I honestly don't get why you think I am telling a joke, shouldn't be HCE be naturally more rewarding than staring at the entrance?

The sarcastic thing is, with the changes, HCE is less than 20% better than staring at the entrance in terms of silver, with like 200,000/h fame credits. Oh, wait, 180,000/h fame credits.
    • No point to argue bois. The truth is, HCE is mostly judged by people who don't play them and trying to reason with them using math is pointless.
      I'll just go for corrupts to rat, since it provides more silver per hour (compared to lvl. 18 ofc) and similiar fame.
      At least on CDs devs will care, since its their gem X D.
      It's boring and less interactive with people, but cheaper and more effective.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lavcrd ().

• Lavcrd wrote:

No point to argue bois. The truth is, HCE is mostly judged by people who don't play them and trying to reason with them using math is pointless.
      I'll just go for corrupts to rat, since it provides more silver per hour (compared to lvl. 18 ofc) and similiar fame.
      CD is getting a mega nerf in the next patch and it won't be as profitable anymore, and the difference between us and carebears is that we asked for NERF because we are not brainwashed and we are not biased like most HCE players. no matter what argument you give, no matter what numbers you give it is still 0 risk and still the only factor that plays a role is TIME.
    • Quagga wrote:

Lavcrd wrote:

No point to argue bois. The truth is, HCE is mostly judged by people who don't play them and trying to reason with them using math is pointless.
      CD is getting a mega nerf in the next patch and it won't be as profitable anymore, and the difference between us and carebears is that we asked for NERF because we are not brainwashed and we are not biased like most HCE players. no matter what argument you give, no matter what numbers you give it is still 0 risk and still the only factor that plays a role is TIME.
      If you are unwilling to listen to any argument then why come here at all?
    • Borbarad wrote:

so entry is 8.3 MP. You buy it once and u don't have to worry about anything else.
      Entry is 8.3 for gold farmers tbh. Entry are low level maps and 4.3 mp gear (which will easily last you till level 10 maps). Granted maps truly worth doing are 14-18 but if you are new to HCE your set will not save you from dying. Knowing map and mop mechanics will. So the myth that you need 8.3 set to start doing HCEs is why you end up having top notch geared people who are clueless.

You don't do low level maps to gain silver and fame. You do them to get familiar with maps and mobs. People who try to skip the first step are as bad as those who skip tutorial and then ask how to craft and gather.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Worros ().

• Went to get some chests in the roads. I got ganked by 11 players. Do you think if you destroy HCE, I will go to roads to try winning 1v11?