In my opinion main problem here is these changes not being in the patch notes. As others said there is a decent amount of players doing HCE and giving them a heads up would be the professional thing to do.
For people that are threatening leaving I don't know what to say... Maps will be harder, rewards won't be as good but the content is not getting scrapped. So why exactly are you leaving?
For ava dungeon, when leaders look for members, the basic requirement is that one should be in comms and above 1600+ IP for DPS, stricter for tanks and off tanks. Almost no prior knowledge is required for non-key roles. You start with those non-key roles anyways.
For the test server HCE, if I were to look for members for an lvl.18 map, here are my expectations:
- full 8.3 MP gear set
- 840/840 off hands, at least 20 elite levels in the main hand (again, stricter for tanks)
- willing to consume .2 food and above
- be in comms
- bring several swap gears for the boss and some special mobs, if it is for DPS, they must be in 8.3 too and you should at least have 700/700 spec if not higher
- veteran HCE map knowledge and can deal with most emergency situations
For those remaining 1/3,
- Eternal Battle: One player must be a god shadow caller that knows how to purge between 3 and 4 stacks just when the boss is in the middle of auto-attack animation every single time. The tank should use ice block, royal shoes to dodge as much damage as possible, and never miss one single iframe. At most 2 tries at this boss.
- Fungi: A shadow caller who eats 7.3 omelette and can catch reliably to time freeze the boss from its turtle shield for 75% duration of the boss fight. By the way, I have not yet had the pleasure to meet one single player who can do this. If anyone fails, I don't think there is a second chance.
- Fistful of silver: I don't know, either tank or healer has to work it out with one another.
- Raven: ...Top DPS in the games only. I also expect them to know banana mechanics by heart.
Let me make this extremely large so I can be clear:
- The above requirement is not just about skills that can be obtained through repetitive practice
- It needs good internet and server connection to pull it off, too!
- If Albion lags, no matter how good you are, the map is gone
- A large population of HCE players deals with suboptimal server connections all the time due to their physical distance to the servers
- It is literally region gating to some extent
The post was edited 1 time, last by G0000000 ().