New Weapon Line: War Gloves & Black Hands replacement

• You are adding too much CC, damage, and mobility into one weapon. Yeah you might bait a few of your returning playerbase to come back and buy premium to pub stomp kids with the new OP weapon line but cmon guys. The same ADHD kids will just leave again and we will be left with a stale and monotonous meta dominated by flying hulk hands players.
    • Sedocoi wrote:

You are adding too much CC, damage, and mobility into one weapon. Yeah you might bait a few of your returning playerbase to come back and buy premium to pub stomp kids with the new OP weapon line but cmon guys. The same ADHD kids will just leave again and we will be left with a stale and monotonous meta dominated by flying hulk hands players.
      INtendet
    • Get rid of BHs only to add that broken E to a simple W on the new line with even shorter CD. Yeah at first glance saying these new weapons are OP would be an understatement. Huge damage, CC, mobility, AND spear type flexibility. I imagine these will be tweaked down some but they will probably wait a month after update to do so.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• My first impression on war gloves after playing with them a little is that they seem a little over tuned. They seem to have more utility that any other melee weapon, and no downsides other than high mana usage. They are starting with 4 Q abilities that do more damage, and have more utility than most other weapon's W abilities, and overall the damage for war gloves seems very high with very fast auto attacks. The weapon doesn't rely on buffs, so it isn't affected purge like the other melee DPS are. Playing against war gloves with any weapon that has cast time or channeling is anti-fun since you are being either knocked in the air or stunned every few seconds. It has strong mobility with a few abilities. The area of affect of some of its abilities are so large its in line with ranged weapons. Its passive abilities are much better than other melee weapons, including a free resistance potion ever time you use your W.

I'm curious if you are planning on improving other weapons to be able to compete with this, or will war gloves be nerfed before live.
    • Ophill wrote:

My first impression on war gloves after playing with them a little is that they seem a little over tuned. They seem to have more utility that any other melee weapon, and no downsides other than high mana usage. They are starting with 4 Q abilities that do more damage, and have more utility than most other weapon's W abilities, and overall the damage for war gloves seems very high with very fast auto attacks. The weapon doesn't rely on buffs, so it isn't affected purge like the other melee DPS are. Playing against war gloves with any weapon that has cast time or channeling is anti-fun since you are being either knocked in the air or stunned every few seconds. It has strong mobility with a few abilities. The area of affect of some of its abilities are so large its in line with ranged weapons. Its passive abilities are much better than other melee weapons, including a free resistance potion ever time you use your W.

I'm curious if you are planning on improving other weapons to be able to compete with this, or will war gloves be nerfed before live.
      IDK I got almost the exact opposite impression about the war gloves there are very blatantly strong against certain weapons/mechanics but it actually has a ton of weaknesses.

First off none of the war gloves give HP as a base stat. This is the second melee weapon in the game along with daggers that doesn't have any base HP from the weapon alone every other melee tree has some at least.
      This means every war glove player you come across is going to be incredibly squishy because they are all 2handed there won't be any taproots countering this weakness. Continuing on the trend of base stats their base damage and damage resilience are much lower than almost all daggers. The only thing going for them in terms of stats is DPS but that is still conditional on a 3 hit combo or they do less DPS then most other weapons.

Furthermore, the mobility of the war glove is a very reliant on hitting abilities for combo chains meaning that you won't see any war gloves getting free resets like QS or Daggers. Q2 (Dragon leap I believe) requires you to hit the target to even recast or it goes on a 8 second cool down which is insane cause dagger Q2 Deadly swipe has the same mobility range on a 4 second cool down. Looking at the rest of the Q abilities nothing seems really crazy to me as they all have either long cool downs or conditional mechanics. Q1 has good damage but requires to be in constant melee to be useful and has a tiny recast window. Q2 requires you to hit the first attack or its a waste of a skill slot. Cross step is really strong but is countered by purges and shock-wave seems all around good with medium CD of 6 seconds.

The Ws see pretty solid overall and W2 knock back needs to be reduced but I didn't find any of them super overwhelming, more along the lines of style and flashy play. Maybe devastating combo could be tweaked since everyone hates black hands E.

I don't want to go into every E but almost all of them have fairly obvious weaknesses and/or interactions that counter them.

I think there is a lot of good done with these weapons and the best players who master them will shine but I would hardly call them op or broken. Maybe in the same way 1H dagger royal helm is broken but harder to utilize effectively. With little sustain and low base stats at face value they aren't super strong IMO.

I would rather SBI have gone the route of lowering resilience penetration and giving it a small hp base stat more in line with swords and axes so you can play around your cool downs with a larger HP pool and if its too strong then tweak ability numbers. As it stands I think most players using them will end up dead before they even have a chance to do too much.
    • yaaseth wrote:

Blackhand fame > demonfang fame
      this one sounds weird tbh, maybe former BH players want to get that fame in return, for me the most fair option is to return that fame in credit fame

Also it will be kinda unfair for a new weapon to be ppl with it at 100/120 already, anyway if they want it just
      return the credit fame to the demonfang node
      War Gloves supremacy
    • Hey, thank you all for the feedback.

We are very busy finishing the current version and bugfixing, so that's why we have been a bit quiet on the forums.

Many of the reported bugs regarding war gloves should now be fixed
      • Dragging an enemy with Triple Kick now correctly counts as forced movement (so, it can't drag enemies out of invulnerabilty anymore)
      • Fixed an issue where Cross Step could go on cooldown, without dashing to the target
      • Triple Kick and Falcon Smash now don't work anymore when overloaded.
      • Arcane Staff can now use mimic against war gloves (currently gets counter, testing right now if we change it to triple kick)

NOT on Staging yet, but the next version also has some balance adjustments for the next weapons:

War Gloves:
      • Resilience Penetration: 60% -> 40%
      • Auto Attack Chain: the current hit is now "remembered" for 1.5s, (this mens the character will not reset the animation everytime you move for a short bit)
      • Dragon Leap
        • Added a short delay before the Uppercut can be activated
        • Damage: 105 -> 85
      • Shockwave
        • Damage: 135 -> 106
      • Counter
        • Added a 1s invulnerabilty (damage and CC) after taking damage during the channel.
      • Infernal Boulder
        • Damage per Hit: 180 -> 140
      • Earth Crusher
        • Damage after 0.5s: 146 -> 188
        • Damage after 1.0s: 185 -> 200
        • Damage after 1.5s: 225 -> 212
        • Damage after 2.0s: 265 -> 224
      • Purifying Combination (Fists of Avalon)
        • Purifying Fist (Combo Attack 3) Damage: 274 -> 215
      • Hard to Catch (Passive)
        • Resistance Increase Factor: 0.4 -> 0.2
      Demonfang:
      • Blood Ritual
        • Time to Recast: 1.5s -> 3s
        • Self Bleed Duration: 2s -> 3.5s
        • Spread the enemy damage into a DoT, which lasts for 2.5s (can't be stacked)
      Thanks, for the feedback here and other paces like reddit and YouTube so far

Cheers,
      Retro
    • There is a bug with Dragon leap where when you hit a player with Q2 it goes on cooldown and you cant use the second hit, but it shows the orange outline as if you should be able to reactivate it for the second proc. I encountered this during a duel with another player. It happened after I activated a Demon Helmet and then Q2'd to them before I auto'd and after that it kept happening.
    • Hey @Retroman, can you please explain what was the desicion behind introducing hard-CC Q's for damaging role weaponry (Multishot and now Dragon leap with wargloves), while the tank alternatives only have access to soft-CC Q's or hard-CC Q's that are either heavily focused on utility with no almost damage to boot (Cartwheel) or have special requirements to reach the hard-CC hit (Concussive blow with its 3-hit combo).

Isn't this a little too opressive against caster classes?
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • I'm curious why the new weapon in the smith tree requires leather which can never be returned by smith journals. It seems from a crafter perspective if someone were to only specialize in making the gloves then they would not be able to make more gloves from using their journals. Why not cloth and metal instead and save the leather for the future fletcher weapon?

Zeb
    • Retroman wrote:

Demonfang:

• Blood Ritual
        • Time to Recast: 1.5s -> 3s
        • Self Bleed Duration: 2s -> 3.5s
        • Spread the enemy damage into a DoT, which lasts for 2.5s (can't be stacked)

so who will use e second cast if it’s doesn’t stacked
      if u want do the max dmg u have to launch e each 2.5second and when u successfully hiring it each 2.5 it does 210magic(some guy put a wrong number in the code ) dmg in 7.5sec and self bleed 400 físic dmg not talking about this shity change ,
      Why this huge nerf ? 0.5 cast windows to do it perfectly 0.5 sec with 200ping ? Come when u guys designe habilitys do u guys included player with more than 100ping?
      Some to gloives q2 it’s imposible to hit with 200ping
      Ur dash for 1.5m and the game include a miss location of enemy in ur screen it’s in front and for the server it’s 2m away .
      So this weapons is only made for 30ping player
      alot hability arent desig for albion. U can’t use lol havilitiy here where this game isn’t that skilled based ,player with huge difference of ping . And Sever latency .
      we already had a lot hability only work for 30ping payer , frost q3 crossbow q2 ,every with 0cd and cast speed require low ping to play ,or ewith small hit box, and keeping adding more . If u don’t want player cry about high ping do game with low ping or made it more fair.

The post was edited 1 time, last by YeSer ().

• Hattenhair wrote:

Hey @Retroman, can you please explain what was the desicion behind introducing hard-CC Q's for damaging role weaponry (Multishot and now Dragon leap with wargloves), while the tank alternatives only have access to soft-CC Q's or hard-CC Q's that are either heavily focused on utility with no almost damage to boot (Cartwheel) or have special requirements to reach the hard-CC hit (Concussive blow with its 3-hit combo).

Isn't this a little too opressive against caster classes?
      I think you answered the question as you were asking it.

The only hard CC Q is Dragon leap and it requires you hit someone with the ability first to reactivate it. If you miss it goes on full cool down. Isn't that a special requirement?

I can understand why people think its oppressive against casters, but I think your concern is barking up the wrong tree when it comes to why casters struggle against wargloves.