Hideout Power Cores and Territory Energy Crystals

    • Hideout Power Cores and Territory Energy Crystals

      Hello everyone!

      This Feature Dive will revolve around Hideout Power Cores and Territory Energy Crystals. These features share some common gameplay while providing very different utilities to their respective drop-off locations


      Gameplay Overview

      Both Hideout Power Cores and Territory Energy Crystals spawn at random positions and times in the Outlands in a protected state.

      Each of these has an assigned Strength that scales the amount of Might and Favor as well as Power or Energy they give when captured. Power and Energy will be covered here, while Might and Favor is covered in a different Feature Dive!

      After these objects are spawned, they’re always marked on the map. They’re visible on the World Map if you’re close enough to the region they’re spawned in (varies per object), and they’re always visible on the Local Map (this includes when you’re carrying them!)

      After a set duration that depends on each object’s Strength, their protected state will expire which allows them to be picked up.

      Picking them up disallows mounting, but you can drop the object at any time as the mount button is replaced with an instant ability that drops the object.

      Be careful, though, as these will disappear from the world entirely if left alone in an unprotected state for too long!

      You must carry these objects to either a Hideout your guild owns (Cores) or a Territory your guild controls (Crystals). While a player that does not have a Hideout or Territory can thus not capture one of these objects, they can pick them up in order to help their friends or allies.

      Once you carry these objects to their respective drop-off locations, you’re awarded for your efforts with Might and Favor, and this also increases this location’s Power (Hideouts) or Energy (Territories). These provide unique bonuses to that Hideout or Territory respectively.

      You must be especially careful when carrying these, however, as in addition to not being able to mount, you will also be marked on the map as long as you’re carrying them!

      In addition, these can only be carried through the Outlands and static open-world dungeons, so you’re not able to take them to the Royal Continent, into randomized dungeons, or through the Roads of Avalon.


      Hideouts

      When a Hideout Power Core is captured, this contributes to the Hideout’s Power Level.

      This new Power Level has nothing to do with the normal leveling progression of Hideouts, and provides the Hideout with increased crafting bonuses that apply to both the general crafting bonus as well as specialty crafting bonuses, but does not apply to any bonuses to refining.

      This bonus is applied multiplicatively to the existing bonus. For example, if a 75% Power Level bonus is applied to a base 18% bonus, then the total bonus is 31.5%.

      It also provides a buff to Fame if the Hideout is set as your Home.

      • Level 1: No bonuses
      • Level 2: +9% Crafting - +1.25% Fame
      • Level 3: +18% Crafting - +2.5% Fame
      • Level 4: +27% Crafting - +3.75% Fame
      • Level 5: +36% Crafting - +5% Fame
      • Level 6: +45% Crafting - +6.25% Fame
      • Level 7: +55% Crafting - +7.5% Fame
      • Level 8: +65% Crafting - +8.75% Fame
      • Level 9: +75% Crafting - +10% Fame


      While this makes crafting even more desirable in Hideouts, the base bonuses have been modified which in most cases is a slight reduction to keep things fair, but also increases in some cases in High-Quality regions (now viewable in the Local Map).

      • General Refining Bonus (all Qualities): +18% → +15%
      • General Crafting Bonus (all Qualities): +25% → +18%
      • Specialty Refining Bonus (all Qualities): Removed
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q1): 18% → 15%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q2): 21% → 20%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q3): 24% → 25%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q4): 27% → 30%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q5): 30% → 35%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q6): 33% → 40%


      Hideouts in the Roads of Avalon remain unchanged.

      In addition to all of the above, with a sufficient amount of Power that depends on the Quality of the cluster, a Hideout that’s been declared as a Headquarters will be protected from attack. This will be discussed more in-depth in the Headquarters Hideout Feature Dive. :)

      Hideout Power decays over time, so you must continue to supply your Hideout with Power to maintain these bonuses!


      Territories

      Territory bonuses you may already be familiar with, as the previous Territory leveling system has been replaced with Energy Levels. Capturing Territory Energy Crystals will increase the Territory’s amount of Energy (not to be confused with Siphoned Energy), and sufficient amounts of Energy will result in an increase in the level.

      To further encourage local gameplay, Territories have had their Season point contributions significantly reduced at lower levels, so if your guild wants to benefit from owning a Territory it must be leveled up!

      Crystal League matches played from a Territory will still increase the Territory’s Energy depending on the type of match played, however, multiple matches played from the same Territory during the same time slot will only contribute the maximum amount accrued during that time slot.

      Territory Energy also decays over time, so you must continue to supply your Territory with Energy to maintain these bonuses!


      Staging Rewards

      I hope everyone is excited about testing both of these features out! Anyone who captures either a Hideout Power Core or a Territory Energy Crystal during this coming week will be eligible to receive a gold reward! We’ll determine the winner randomly once the testing period has expired, and you can read more about that here.

      Once you’re done testing, please feel free to come back and leave us some feedback! Feedback is entirely optional, and you do not need to supply feedback in order to be eligible for a chance to receive the gold.

      In addition, anyone who captures a Hideout Power Core at a Headquarters Hideout will also be eligible for the drawing related to that feature. You can read more about Headquarters Hideouts here.

      Known Issues

      • Energy Vortexes’ knockback effects are missing localization text


      The post was edited 2 times, last by Obelis ().

    • Why are you removing the refining bonus from Hideouts? They were already worse then Royal cities, now it's gonna be comically bad. You're actively discouraging people from living out of their hideouts and forcing them to live in the royal island.

      Do you understand how much resources you have to haul and how often to effectively produce and how much it weighs? Do you seriously think someone is going to haul massive stacks of resources on mammoths deep into the BZ?

      Where is the player choice and agency in being able to customize our hideout bonuses like it was originally discussed?
    • Syndic wrote:

      Why are you removing the refining bonus from Hideouts? They were already worse then Royal cities, now it's gonna be comically bad. You're actively discouraging people from living out of their hideouts and forcing them to live in the royal island.

      Do you understand how much resources you have to haul and how often to effectively produce and how much it weighs? Do you seriously think someone is going to haul massive stacks of resources on mammoths deep into the BZ?

      Where is the player choice and agency in being able to customize our hideout bonuses like it was originally discussed?

      In the hideout break down, it actually shows that you can use power cores to level up the crafting within your HO.

      gyazo.com/d08cd5d8d8775c0849eaa884756c118e

      You'll be fine just cta it ;)
    • TheeRash wrote:

      Syndic wrote:

      Why are you removing the refining bonus from Hideouts? They were already worse then Royal cities, now it's gonna be comically bad. You're actively discouraging people from living out of their hideouts and forcing them to live in the royal island.

      Do you understand how much resources you have to haul and how often to effectively produce and how much it weighs? Do you seriously think someone is going to haul massive stacks of resources on mammoths deep into the BZ?

      Where is the player choice and agency in being able to customize our hideout bonuses like it was originally discussed?
      In the hideout break down, it actually shows that you can use power cores to level up the crafting within your HO.

      gyazo.com/d08cd5d8d8775c0849eaa884756c118e

      You'll be fine just cta it ;)
      I'm talking about refining not crafting.

      Calling a CTA to transport even more shit on top of all the shit already getting transported is definitely not a solution. Time & manpower has value, the benefit required to invest it needs to be pretty damn significant. I still need to run the numbers but at first glance it's pretty obvious that the best effort/reward is simply basing in the Royals.

      Trying to make people play in the BZ while at the same time making it more optimal to live in the Royals is a big oxymoron. The Royals are already too good for 0 risk, it's mindboggling that its getting buffed.
    • Syndic wrote:

      I'm talking about refining not crafting.
      Calling a CTA to transport even more shit on top of all the shit already getting transported is definitely not a solution. Time & manpower has value, the benefit required to invest it needs to be pretty damn significant. I still need to run the numbers but at first glance it's pretty obvious that the best effort/reward is simply basing in the Royals.

      Trying to make people play in the BZ while at the same time making it more optimal to live in the Royals is a big oxymoron. The Royals are already too good for 0 risk, it's mindboggling that its getting buffed.
      No one should ever refine in the outlands and then transport refined resources. Because that is a dumb thing to do. There is almost no amount of resource return you could add to refining in the outlandds that would have that make sense, compared to refining and crafting in the outlands.

      This is very obvious, and yet you keep saying things like refining doesn't make sense in the outlands when it is actually awesome. It's the time and effort getting it back to the real world that is the hassle. Refining cuts the weight of raw resources by infinity and then crafting with it cuts the weight almost in half again.

      So if you are wondering why it doesn't make sense to haul 100% more weight for things that have very low margins. It's because that is how reality works. The size of the buff they would have to add to the game to make it how you think it should work doesn't exist, because it will never be better to move more weight than less weight.

      (not to be eaten!)
    • Piddle wrote:

      Syndic wrote:

      I'm talking about refining not crafting.
      Calling a CTA to transport even more shit on top of all the shit already getting transported is definitely not a solution. Time & manpower has value, the benefit required to invest it needs to be pretty damn significant. I still need to run the numbers but at first glance it's pretty obvious that the best effort/reward is simply basing in the Royals.

      Trying to make people play in the BZ while at the same time making it more optimal to live in the Royals is a big oxymoron. The Royals are already too good for 0 risk, it's mindboggling that its getting buffed.
      No one should ever refine in the outlands and then transport refined resources. Because that is a dumb thing to do. There is almost no amount of resource return you could add to refining in the outlandds that would have that make sense, compared to refining and crafting in the outlands.
      This is very obvious, and yet you keep saying things like refining doesn't make sense in the outlands when it is actually awesome. It's the time and effort getting it back to the real world that is the hassle. Refining cuts the weight of raw resources by infinity and then crafting with it cuts the weight almost in half again.

      So if you are wondering why it doesn't make sense to haul 100% more weight for things that have very low margins. It's because that is how reality works. The size of the buff they would have to add to the game to make it how you think it should work doesn't exist, because it will never be better to move more weight than less weight.

      Again, I'm talking about refining in the Outlands which this patch is nerfing by removing the speciality bonus from biomes. Open a map, inspect a BZ map, click the drop-down menu in the top-right corner.

      SBI repeatedly said they made refining>crafting in Royals because they want players to refine there, transport to the BZ to craft, then transport to the Royals to sell.

      While it's a cute "this-gonna-make-cuntent" train of thought, it simply doesn't happen that way due to weight/no tools to adequately facilitate transportation, therefore whats the point in trying to force people into it? They'll just take X% less efficiency and avoid the hassle by not living in the Outlands.
    • Syndic wrote:

      TheeRash wrote:

      Syndic wrote:

      Why are you removing the refining bonus from Hideouts? They were already worse then Royal cities, now it's gonna be comically bad. You're actively discouraging people from living out of their hideouts and forcing them to live in the royal island.

      Do you understand how much resources you have to haul and how often to effectively produce and how much it weighs? Do you seriously think someone is going to haul massive stacks of resources on mammoths deep into the BZ?

      Where is the player choice and agency in being able to customize our hideout bonuses like it was originally discussed?
      In the hideout break down, it actually shows that you can use power cores to level up the crafting within your HO.
      gyazo.com/d08cd5d8d8775c0849eaa884756c118e

      You'll be fine just cta it ;)
      I'm talking about refining not crafting.
      Calling a CTA to transport even more shit on top of all the shit already getting transported is definitely not a solution. Time & manpower has value, the benefit required to invest it needs to be pretty damn significant. I still need to run the numbers but at first glance it's pretty obvious that the best effort/reward is simply basing in the Royals.

      Trying to make people play in the BZ while at the same time making it more optimal to live in the Royals is a big oxymoron. The Royals are already too good for 0 risk, it's mindboggling that its getting buffed.
      SBI seem to be definitely moving in the direction of.. simplifying the games economics in order to allow access to a wider audience. Whilst I disagree with this in its principle, I think it is being done in order to pull in a wider audience.

      There definitely needs to be more risk involved within the game in terms of the item creation, currently only risk is with gathering.

      Having said this tho, having a higher rrr for both refining and crafting in hideouts isn't a great idea, imo, but why not have zone specifics that actually make choosing zones ultra important. E.g, certain zones have resource refining bonuses, and others have crafting bonuses. I don't think there's a reason to blanket cover as either crafting OR refining across the entire bz.
      The fact that resource nodes can now spawn any of the resource bosses means that that's a great area to have a resource refining bonused hideout.

      They have also essentially killed public Crafting hideouts in an attempt (I think) to force fights in the BZ - removing the ability to just run and move into a ho.

      Should just have associates - player name only who have access to these hideouts without channelling.

      The changes they've made with the journals seems to be aimed directly at pushing crafters to actually find things profitable on the higher tier end instead of profit/loss being covered by their journals.
    • The power level bar has 9 bars. Does this mean if the bar is full your HO is level 9? or do you need to fill it to go from level 1 to level 2.
      Right now when I enter the HO and have my homeset i get a buff +3,75% fame. This would suggest that my HO is level 4.

      According to the post:

      Obelis wrote:

      Level 4: +27% Crafting - +3.75% Fame
      This would also mean that the crafting will be +27% above the base/crafting bonus.
      My HO has the following bonuses: Base 23% + 25% (robes in this case)= value of 48.
      this make the return: 32.5% and with 51.7%

      With power level it should have an increase from 48 to 60,96.
      With the RRR formule it should then be:

      RRR: 38.87%

      In craftingstation it still gives me: 32.5%

      Is this a bug or how does it work?
    • Obelis wrote:

      Hello everyone!

      This Feature Dive will revolve around Hideout Power Cores and Territory Energy Crystals. These features share some common gameplay while providing very different utilities to their respective drop-off locations


      Gameplay Overview

      Both Hideout Power Cores and Territory Energy Crystals spawn at random positions and times in the Outlands in a protected state.

      Each of these has an assigned Strength that scales the amount of Might and Favor as well as Power or Energy they give when captured. Power and Energy will be covered here, while Might and Favor is covered in a different Feature Dive!

      After these objects are spawned, they’re always marked on the map. They’re visible on the World Map if you’re close enough to the region they’re spawned in (varies per object), and they’re always visible on the Local Map (this includes when you’re carrying them!)

      After a set duration that depends on each object’s Strength, their protected state will expire which allows them to be picked up.

      Picking them up disallows mounting, but you can drop the object at any time as the mount button is replaced with an instant ability that drops the object.

      Be careful, though, as these will disappear from the world entirely if left alone in an unprotected state for too long!

      You must carry these objects to either a Hideout your guild owns (Cores) or a Territory your guild controls (Crystals). While a player that does not have a Hideout or Territory can thus not capture one of these objects, they can pick them up in order to help their friends or allies.

      Once you carry these objects to their respective drop-off locations, you’re awarded for your efforts with Might and Favor, and this also increases this location’s Power (Hideouts) or Energy (Territories). These provide unique bonuses to that Hideout or Territory respectively.

      You must be especially careful when carrying these, however, as in addition to not being able to mount, you will also be marked on the map as long as you’re carrying them!

      In addition, these can only be carried through the Outlands and static open-world dungeons, so you’re not able to take them to the Royal Continent, into randomized dungeons, or through the Roads of Avalon.


      Hideouts

      When a Hideout Power Core is captured, this contributes to the Hideout’s Power Level.

      This new Power Level has nothing to do with the normal leveling progression of Hideouts, and provides the Hideout with increased crafting bonuses that apply to both the general crafting bonus as well as specialty crafting bonuses, but does not apply to any bonuses to refining.

      This bonus is applied multiplicatively to the existing bonus. For example, if a 75% Power Level bonus is applied to a base 18% bonus, then the total bonus is 31.5%.

      It also provides a buff to Fame if the Hideout is set as your Home.

      • Level 1: No bonuses
      • Level 2: +9% Crafting - +1.25% Fame
      • Level 3: +18% Crafting - +2.5% Fame
      • Level 4: +27% Crafting - +3.75% Fame
      • Level 5: +36% Crafting - +5% Fame
      • Level 6: +45% Crafting - +6.25% Fame
      • Level 7: +55% Crafting - +7.5% Fame
      • Level 8: +65% Crafting - +8.75% Fame
      • Level 9: +75% Crafting - +10% Fame


      While this makes crafting even more desirable in Hideouts, the base bonuses have been modified which in most cases is a slight reduction to keep things fair, but also increases in some cases in High-Quality regions (now viewable in the Local Map).

      • General Refining Bonus (all Qualities): +18% → +15%
      • General Crafting Bonus (all Qualities): +25% → +18%
      • Specialty Refining Bonus (all Qualities): Removed
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q1): 18% → 15%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q2): 21% → 20%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q3): 24% → 25%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q4): 27% → 30%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q5): 30% → 35%
      • Specialty Crafting Bonus (Q6): 33% → 40%


      Hideouts in the Roads of Avalon remain unchanged.

      In addition to all of the above, with a sufficient amount of Power that depends on the Quality of the cluster, a Hideout that’s been declared as a Headquarters will be protected from attack. This will be discussed more in-depth in the Headquarters Hideout Feature Dive. :)

      Hideout Power decays over time, so you must continue to supply your Hideout with Power to maintain these bonuses!


      Territories

      Territory bonuses you may already be familiar with, as the previous Territory leveling system has been replaced with Energy Levels. Capturing Territory Energy Crystals will increase the Territory’s amount of Energy (not to be confused with Siphoned Energy), and sufficient amounts of Energy will result in an increase in the level.

      To further encourage local gameplay, Territories have had their Season point contributions significantly reduced at lower levels, so if your guild wants to benefit from owning a Territory it must be leveled up!

      Crystal League matches played from a Territory will still increase the Territory’s Energy depending on the type of match played, however, multiple matches played from the same Territory during the same time slot will only contribute the maximum amount accrued during that time slot.

      Territory Energy also decays over time, so you must continue to supply your Territory with Energy to maintain these bonuses!


      Staging Rewards

      I hope everyone is excited about testing both of these features out! Anyone who captures either a Hideout Power Core or a Territory Energy Crystal during this coming week will be eligible to receive a gold reward! We’ll determine the winner randomly once the testing period has expired, and you can read more about that here.

      Once you’re done testing, please feel free to come back and leave us some feedback! Feedback is entirely optional, and you do not need to supply feedback in order to be eligible for a chance to receive the gold.

      In addition, anyone who captures a Hideout Power Core at a Headquarters Hideout will also be eligible for the drawing related to that feature. You can read more about Headquarters Hideouts here.

      Known Issues

      • Energy Vortexes’ knockback effects are missing localization text



      Currently there is no way for a player who is not in a guild with 10k points last season/not high ranked enough to place a HO to be able to test HQs. Is there any other way to try them?
      Arcane shill

      Looking for a job with labourers? https://discord.gg/Av8apcsCZP
    • Tipx wrote:

      Currently there is no way for a player who is not in a guild with 10k points last season/not high ranked enough to place a HO to be able to test HQs. Is there any other way to try them?
      I actually changed the Hideout rank requirements to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 for the Staging build...but I bet the rank requirement is causing you a problem. I'll have to coordinate a fix for this tomorrow. I'm unsure when our next Staging build will be pushed, but I'll post when this has been changed.
    • Majestix wrote:

      The power level bar has 9 bars. Does this mean if the bar is full your HO is level 9?
      This is correct. Each segment of the bar is a level.

      Majestix wrote:

      This would also mean that the crafting will be +27% above the base/crafting bonus.
      My HO has the following bonuses: Base 23% + 25% (robes in this case)= value of 48.
      this make the return: 32.5% and with 51.7%

      With power level it should have an increase from 48 to 60,96.
      With the RRR formule it should then be:

      RRR: 38.87%

      In craftingstation it still gives me: 32.5%

      Is this a bug or how does it work?
      What crafting station are you using? Your math appears to be mostly correct (I got a slightly different RRR), but I've double checked this using the public Hideout outside of Arthur's Rest and the bonuses are applying correctly.
    • Obelis wrote:

      Majestix wrote:

      The power level bar has 9 bars. Does this mean if the bar is full your HO is level 9?
      This is correct. Each segment of the bar is a level.

      Majestix wrote:

      This would also mean that the crafting will be +27% above the base/crafting bonus.
      My HO has the following bonuses: Base 23% + 25% (robes in this case)= value of 48.
      this make the return: 32.5% and with 51.7%

      With power level it should have an increase from 48 to 60,96.
      With the RRR formule it should then be:

      RRR: 38.87%

      In craftingstation it still gives me: 32.5%

      Is this a bug or how does it work?
      What crafting station are you using? Your math appears to be mostly correct (I got a slightly different RRR), but I've double checked this using the public Hideout outside of Arthur's Rest and the bonuses are applying correctly.
      It was a mage tower. with the robe crafting bonus.
      I think I figured out the math and it checks out with what the station says.
    • HO power cores/Terry energy Crystals should give some rewards to players without HO or HQ or Terry.

      This seems currently the best possible source of "burst" might and favor generation and it is fully locked to ho/hq guilds currently.

      Why would that be the case? where is the incentive to fight over it if someone who can't even "destroy" it via a channel or secure it to an outland chest for some might+favor while people with ho/hq gets, fame buffs,crafting buffs, hq duration extended, might+favor. Like how does this reward balance makes any sense?

      This needs to be addressed since this skews completely the advantage of generating favor/might and season points towards guilds with ho/hq making it way easier for them to make the gap between guilds trying to reach that "level" than before almost.

      This probably affects the energy crystals too. make it worth to contest and gain the might+favor for people without ho/hq/terry.

      Again if the solution is too "hard" or expensive to develop, please remove the favor/might gain from capturing those since this completely gives too much of a big advantage to players who won't have access to those hq/ho/terry.