Treasure Rework

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Treasure Rework

Hi everyone,

Here I want to talk a little bit about how and why we changed Treasure Sites and what you can expect from them when Lands Awakened launches.

Old vs New

The old Treasure Sites hadn’t been touched for a long time. We weren’t happy with the gameplay surrounding their static location and fixed spawn times.

In this Update, all of these old areas will be gone from the game. No more static locations besides Castles and Castle Outposts.

Instead, you will be able to find Treasures that appear randomly all around the world, in any Royal or Outland Zone of Tier 5 or higher. Just so you know, none of these treasures can be found in passages, dungeons or in the Roads of Avalon.

Different Sizes and Rarities

There will still be Treasure Chests similar to what you already know from the old treasures and these chests exist in three different sizes: Small, Medium, and Large.

The larger the chest, the more reward it contains. But their value can vary based on their rarity. All of them can spawn as a Standard, Uncommon, Rare, or Legendary Treasure Chest just as they already do in Randomized Dungeons.

Small Rare - Medium Standart - Large Uncommon

Treasures throughout the world

Upon spawning in the world they will be in a protected state for some time. The larger the chest, the longer it takes for it to switch into a claimable state. How long it takes until that happens can be determined by hovering over the chest or its icon on the map.

The position of Medium and Large chests is shown on the World Map if you are close enough to the zone containing the Treasure Chest. You will not see those Markers on the World Map if the distance between you and your chest’s zone is too big.

So keep an eye on your World Map to not miss out on nearby treasures!

Treasure chests found on the Royal Continent will also include an Unrestricted PvP Zone that becomes active right before the protected state ends. Attacking and killing others in those zones won’t cause a loss of reputation.

In which area and when this will occur is indicated by a warning zone prior to when the Unrestricted PvP becomes active.

Staging Rewards

Once you’re done testing, please feel free to come back and leave us some feedback! Feedback is entirely optional, and you do not need to supply feedback in order to get into the raffle.

In addition, anyone who opens a treasure chest will be eligible for the drawing related to this feature.
    • from testing chest i looted finish disappear from map but there are some boxes which people looted before and empty but still remain on map

this bug need look at

also initial loot from the chests looks promising from crafting drops alone cant wait for the live release where numbers become more solid
      Embrace the Risk Vs Reward. Do not deny it
      For it will only bring you pain

#RiskVSRewardCult

Currently aiming for 120 on all Armors related to Morningstar Build
    • I found some chests that were already open and looted but another chest was basicly stuck inside the other chest at the exact same location.
      You can start the opening animation for the stuck chest but after it finishes, the loot window opens up for like 0.1 second and then closes again.

Most likely a bug or weird chestspawn but i found it a couple of times already
    • I have notice that if you open a chest but you don't take loot/ or you only partial loot the content of the chest.
      The chest icon will still remain on the map as unopen. This is an intented feature?
      Because I think either you take all the loot or partial of it, it should dissapear from map.
    • cwchp wrote:

I have notice that if you open a chest but you don't take loot/ or you only partial loot the content of the chest.
      The chest icon will still remain on the map as unopen. This is an intented feature?
      Because I think either you take all the loot or partial of it, it should dissapear from map.

The chest should despawn after a certain amount of time. Currently there seems to be an issue regarding that which we'll fix.
      morgen teich gar kein bock