Elite Levels

• Georg51 wrote:

Malkalma wrote:

Can you tell me the changes of HCE?
      You can read the changes in the lands awakened feedback testserver threads.
      But what I was referring to was the fact that with 20 more spec in weapons and gear, HCE's will be slightly easier to do for max specc'ed players.
      Can you show me the changes of HCE?
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • Georg51 wrote:

Georg51 wrote:

You can read the changes in the lands awakened feedback testserver threads.

Malkalma wrote:

Can you show me the changes of HCE?
      Do you have a reading comprehension problem?
      Show me the changes of HCE.
      Deathskills says 150m silvers is too much for 84-112 hours of active gameplay out of 168 hours a week has. Does not answer how much a ganker does under that time. This player is a joke.
    • They are making HCE harder and increased mob health so how does having high IP magically make HCE easier?

Georg51 wrote:

Too many of yall in here arguing on whether or not elite spec should be in the game (it is: and that is not changing) instead of discussing balancing it and possible changes to different content areas as a result of it.

For example:
      - HCE's will actually be easier with 20 extra spec in gear, not harder.
      Did you completely miss the part where they are making HCE harder and increasing mob health? There's been plenty of threads with people crying about it.
    • Aurin wrote:

They are making HCE harder and increased mob health so how does having high IP magically make HCE easier?

Georg51 wrote:

Too many of yall in here arguing on whether or not elite spec should be in the game (it is: and that is not changing) instead of discussing balancing it and possible changes to different content areas as a result of it.

For example:
      Did you completely miss the part where they are making HCE harder and increasing mob health? There's been plenty of threads with people crying about it.
      I asked him 3 times to actually read the changes about the content he is talking about and he failed it.
    • Georg51 wrote:

Nah I read it. You just didn’t read what I said :)

Have you tested it? Or are you just going to cry about it without knowing what the 20 extra spec per item will do?
      I missed the part where it was written that the specializations are for free. You just need 100/120 and you instantly jump to 120/120.
    • Georg51 wrote:

For example:
      - CD meta will be shaken up a bit
      - Is it better to add 20 spec to armor or weapons? (my argument is armors due to increased stats, and cheaper cost to get to 120)
      - CGVG meta will change, especially with war gloves
      - How will this affect Tome of Insight economy

So many good topics we could be discussing here but some of you are wasting your time debating if 120 spec should even be a thing.

It's a thing. Accept it, and move on to more important matters.
      I'm not sure what posts or thread you have been reading, but the majority of people commenting on this one are not arguing about whether or not "Elite Levels" should be a thing - of course it is obvious that it will be a thing..

But most of the conversations have been EXACTLY what you are referring to, trying to discuss in a reasonable way how to actually Balance it. As many have suggested, having Elite Levels ONLY affect the 1 single weapon or armor that you level without adding any additional IP Bonuses to the other weapons in the same tree would be one example of Balancing it and actually keeping it's "special/elite" vibe.

There have been lots of great suggestions on how to balance elite levels in a way that would still make it worthwhile without completely ruining the game for many players. There have also been many suggestions on the fact that the actual "stars" look really ugly and take up too much visual space, there have been suggestions stating that the stars should be a bit more discreet and less aggressive or in your face.

There have also been discussions about how they should allow us to Disable or Enable the feature so that others can or cannot see your elite level.. because not everyone would like their elite levels to be shown to enemy players as it might scare them away.. etc

So honestly I would argue that the MAJORITY of this thread has actually had really wonderful ideas on Elite Levels and how to Balance them and also give them some Quality of Life changes that they are missing... I'm praying that the Developers don't just completely ignore all of these posts and great ideas like you have, because that is exactly how we will end up with something horrible that no body wants or is asking for and precisely why there is so much negative feedback with OFFERED suggestions and ways to improve on the current platform.
    • Sesaline wrote:

Healheart wrote:

So what do you guys think, will they end up listening to us about this?? It's a pretty big concern.
      Sadly, no. And yes, it is.
      Hopefully I am wrong though. I really don't see this ending at 20 elite levels.
      I do agree with you and share the same fear. It have the taste of "extend the number to increase the content" kind of thing. 100% have a meaning, 120 not so much.
      - I can understanding it from an economic point of view (if the devs fells like there is a need for silver sink for the economy, I can get it).
      - I am less convinced by the "To reduce margin between veteran and new player". Ok, you are introducing more fame into the PvE content, but also more difficulty in it. It will help the player with already some experience to catch up the veteran, but IMHO not really the new players.
      - But I am really not fan of 120 number choice. It let the door open to "5 more next update!". I would rather devs had get down specs of every player to 85 as the new number 100 and elite levels to be between 85 and 100, to let us know it was a definitive update.
      (And this is just my opinion, no need to jump on me for it)

The post was edited 1 time, last by grul ().

• If you complain about elite levels, you are delusional.

Now the gap between old veterans and regular people is incredibly short as it´s a joke to get 100 spec and continu speccing in other stuff.

It´s easier for new players than ever. And very, very, very few people will push for ultra max IP. And even if they do, it´s barely any advantage.

And getting 110 or 115 spec is a extremely easy too. Good stuff these elite levels.

The fame in open world is just insane.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Decoster wrote:

Whole thing feels like a huge silver sink so SBI can make more monies. End of story.
      The extra IP gained from Mastery Levels is very little and it helps sink more silver that actually helps the in-game economy too. You're not wrong though, silver being sunk does equate to some people buying more gold to exchange for silver. It's a win-win for the in-game economy and for SBI.