Roadmap to Closed Beta

• Sounds like good stuff on the horizon! I just hope the weapon rebalancing and flatting of the power curve makes it more enjoyable. It's one of the most important things about the game that will keep people interested, considering the whole "you are what you wear" concept.

Roadmap looks promising SI!
    Albion CBT starts Monday 23rd November?!

• Hi,
    I know that I'm not the first and I hope I won't be the last to talk about it.
    But the two point about :
    4. Removal of Silver Tax and Economy Changes
    12. Player Island Improvements

In their current state sound fearsome.

I mean :
    The all economy in Albion Online is based on the difficulty to gather, refined and produce.
    This difficulty to obtain is what gives value to those products.

By removing the silver tax and improving the buildings on Players Islands it becomes almost useless to invest in building in pvp area and it impact the value of the resources in the wrong way.
    I understand that the buildings in pvp area are supposed to be more profitable, but still i'm afraid that the incentive won't be sufficient.

As I'v read so far there would be some higher lvl buildings that can be built only in dangerous areas, but they would only be attractive to the high lvl player and won't push people to do pvp.
    The guilds would fight for the control of those places, but the rest of the players would be excluded from it.

I'm sure there would be other side effects.

I hope that you will ear our apprehensions and that you will propose some solution that would allow the economy and the pvp to co-exist and strongly interact for any player lvl and not only for high lvl.
  • Volturion wrote:

I mean :
    The all economy in Albion Online is based on the difficulty to gather, refined and produce.

By removing the silver tax and improving the buildings on Players Islands it becomes almost useless to invest in building in pvp area and it impact the value of the resources in the wrong way.
    I understand that the buildings in pvp area are supposed to be more profitable, but still i'm afraid that the incentive won't be sufficient.

As I'v read so far there would be some higher lvl buildings that can be built only in dangerous areas, but they would only be attractive to the high lvl player and won't push people to do pvp.
    The guilds would fight for the control of those places, but the rest of the players would be excluded from it.

Hi everyone,

I couldn't agree more with you. Even with a rebate on pvp area buildings, It won't be enough to make people fight in pvp areas for ressources.
    [img]http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/805481BanniereForumWLIndus.jpg[/img]
  • Volturion wrote:

Hi,
    I know that I'm not the first and I hope I won't be the last to talk about it.
    But the two point about :
    4. Removal of Silver Tax and Economy Changes
    12. Player Island Improvements

In their current state sound fearsome.

I mean :

I hope that you will ear our apprehensions and that you will propose some solution that would allow the economy and the pvp to co-exist and strongly interact for any player lvl and not only for high lvl.
    I flood on Island improvement thread and we talk about the same things so i will stop spam and just i'm agree with you ;)
  • I am glad that Albion online doesn't want to push people into pvp. There is a lot of people that will still fight over Mats and I do not think it will effect a lot of people. I like where Albion is heading.
    Keep up the great work :D

Edit: When I played the Summer Alpha I was to scared to go out and gather mats when there was more then one hostile players in the zone. I only went into the hostile zones is when there was one to non pvp players there, which I was lacking in the crafting skills. Pvp is fun but I am not that big on it.
  • ya albion really caters all type of players , you can be everything you like or want to be . I still remember UO first year I was just a gatherer and crafter . Did mainly pve . After I was very experienced in open world and mechanics , I owned in PvP . So I have great hopes for AO too .
  • albionJJ wrote:

ya albion really caters all type of players , you can be everything you like or want to be . I still remember UO first year I was just a gatherer and crafter . Did mainly pve . After I was very experienced in open world and mechanics , I owned in PvP . So I have great hopes for AO too .
    Yea I like games that they really don't hold players back on anything. Being anything is a great thing. Crafting anything you can craft and gather the mats for it. I am big on non limitations including character creations. world maps, and able to skip quests and come back to it when you want to.
  • The main reason for me to play AO is the freedom to choose your own path. I dislike PVP (mainly because i nearly always lose) and for one i'm more a crafting type of player. In guilds i have always taken the support part so likely i'll do so as well in AO. Having seen almost all footage of AO on youtube i'm very anxious on the Beta's and can't wait to start crafting. ;)
  • Bercilak wrote:

• Add on for later (very unlikely to make it into closed beta): you can take 1 NPC out into the open world as a mercenary
    • Add on for later (very unlikely to make it into closed beta): you can also have pets (dogs, bears, dragons...) as NPCs.

NPCs as mercenarys will be the worst idea ever. This is a pvp heavy game, full loot, there is no space for those kind of mechanics, this is not SWTOR and I HOPE that npcs that will help you in this way will never be in game
  • RamasSoKehur wrote:

albionJJ wrote:

but npc tamed creatures fighting with you might be a great idea
    Still a terrible idea, anything (npc related) that will fight with you in this game will be a terrible idea, unless, they add some specific class/weapon/w/e who is made around it, like a real tamer ou something necromancer like
    ofcourse some balancing and a tamer class will be a great addition . Tamers sell pets to people if they die , the pet is release backed into the wild . Or dies . Even food could be used to feed them , more economy $ for the farmers and processors
  • well hate the mechanics of animals you kill dropping pups to be raised in farms ,which a tamer should tame , farmer should civilize them, nd stable master should be able to making them into rideable mounts . Secondly i feel the farmers should only be the ones who can turn mounts into rideable mounts , letting everyone be able to turn a animal into rideable mounts makes no sense. Since everything requires a skill in destiny board . So it would also make farming a much more viable option for people to choose