Outlands treasure and how they are camped by hideouts and alliances.

• Outlands treasure and how they are camped by hideouts and alliances.

First a few screenshots to show what I mean and how every buff introduced recently makes no sense and only makes the hideouts problem worse.

The red dot shows the location of the treasure.

Now the question is whether the recent changes with treasures in OW were dedicated to general activity or another thing that is being abused by hideouts.

My proposal is to completely block hideouts on treasure zones and other objects like world bosses etc. these zones should be hideout free and be PVP activity.

It is funny that people are logging alts every hour and getting treasure.
      risk = reward ? ?( :thumbdown:
    • HO's have been a massive failure. SBI just needs to own up and delete them. Make Rests real cities and then people can choose to live in the Rests or Royal cities. This would bring competitive balance back to the BZ. Territory owners would still have some advantages in owned zones with ability to hide in owned territories but not also extra safety from HOs all over.
    • Tabor wrote:

HO's have been a massive failure. SBI just needs to own up and delete them. Make Rests real cities and then people can choose to live in the Rests or Royal cities. This would bring competitive balance back to the BZ. Territory owners would still have some advantages in owned zones with ability to hide in owned territories but not also extra safety from HOs all over.
      see here is where i disagree, imo the mistake is allowing alliances to have more than 1ho and allowing anyone not from the alliance enter said ho. and delete them rest cities, that's why terries and ho's are there.
      bring back set home on terries and make it so you have to chose between owning a terri and owning a ho.

but either options are super extreme at the end of the day.

i do think the HQ's will revitalize a lot of OW content due to their mechanic to be maintained.
    • IMO remove the normal hideouts and keep HQs, also give amenities back to territories (homeset & bank).
      We'll have to see exactly how HQs play out, but they should be homes for small guilds and only small guilds, territories are for the large guilds and always have been. It would drastically reduce the amount and effectiveness of hideouts across the blackzone though I doubt SBI would do something so "drastic".

Anyways, on the topic of the actual thread they're reworking the outlands treasure sites with the next content update so this should all be fixed (see latest devtalk for more info).
      ~ Kanra