Suggestion about farming

• User Interface
    • Suggestion about farming

I just really like the island and farming on it, but i think it would be a very nice idea to add a "collect all" button for the animals farming. it can be tiring to collect the babys and need to click again to collect the grown ones.
    • vinnyvd wrote:

I just really like the island and farming on it, but i think it would be a very nice idea to add a "collect all" button for the animals farming. it can be tiring to collect the babys and need to click again to collect the grown ones.
      While I completely agree with how loathsome it can be to collect these manually, one by one, you have to consider the implications of the 'collect all' button on the prices of the goods at market. If you make farming that much easier, more people will do it, more products will hit the market and your prices may go down.

I admit I know very little about economics, and maybe some other knock-on effect would also come into play making the button even more favourable.

This button has been discussed before and I'd like to see it, but only for farmers who earn it. Get a farm item up to 100 spec, get the 'collect all' button for that item.
    • i mean would quality of life changes really make people do it more?
      people who already do it would have an easier time and people who want to get into it would find it less tedious

the logic where QoL buff into decreases price of items in market seems like a long stretch

i get there are quite a number of people who stopped farming due to the effort it takes but as long as it generates silver profit it is worth doing yes?
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • SHARKY wrote:

vinnyvd wrote:

While I completely agree with how loathsome it can be to collect these manually, one by one, you have to consider the implications of the 'collect all' button on the prices of the goods at market. If you make farming that much easier, more people will do it, more products will hit the market and your prices may go down.
      I admit I know very little about economics, and maybe some other knock-on effect would also come into play making the button even more favourable.

This button has been discussed before and I'd like to see it, but only for farmers who earn it. Get a farm item up to 100 spec, get the 'collect all' button for that item.
      Balancing the game through bad user experience? Good job! :thumbsup: Especially on mobile farming is really cumbersome with that strange cursor field plot selection.
    • SHARKY wrote:

What happens when I want to craft a stack of items? I press a button and wait for a timer.
      What happens when I want to enchant a stack of items? I press a button and wait for a timer.
      What happens when I want to gather resources? I press a button and wait for a timer.

What happens when I want to maintain a single farm plot? I have to click 18 times to harvest, 9 more to plant, 18 more to water and god fucking forbid it's an animal plot because you also have to do 18 extra clicks to collect the offspring and 18 more to feed them.

Good. Fucking. Job.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hattenhair ().

• Hattenhair wrote:

SHARKY wrote:

What happens when I want to craft a stack of items? I press a button and wait for a timer.What happens when I want to enchant a stack of items? I press a button and wait for a timer.
      What happens when I want to gather resources? I press a button and wait for a timer.

What happens when I want to maintain a single farm plot? I have to click 18 times to harvest, 9 more to plant, 18 more to water and god fucking forbid it's an animal plot because you also have to do 18 extra clicks to collect the offspring and 18 more to feed them.

Good. Fucking. Job.
      Yeah man, make farming auto and then what prevents me from buying another island ? I have 2 and don't want more because exactly I don't want to click too many times. If you make it auto why not I buy another island ? And then when I earn enough buy again ? And again .. until I have hundreds of islands that I farm with 1 click button. Imagine more people doing that and then guess the price of the product in market...
      Use brain

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unangwata ().

• Unangwata wrote:

that I farm with 1 click button.
      Did I ever mention it being instant or did I ever mention it being one click? "I press a button and wait for a timer."

Unangwata wrote:

If you make it auto why not I buy another island?
      What about investment money which goes into those islands? What about growth time of the crops, or the time it takes to wait for those timers?

Unangwata wrote:

Use brain
      Yeah man, thanks for the tip, you too.
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • Hattenhair wrote:

Unangwata wrote:

that I farm with 1 click button.
      Did I ever mention it being instant or did I ever mention it being one click? "I press a button and wait for a timer."

Unangwata wrote:

If you make it auto why not I buy another island?
      What about investment money which goes into those islands? What about growth time of the crops, or the time it takes to wait for those timers?

Unangwata wrote:

Use brain
      Yeah man, thanks for the tip, you too.
      /facepalm
    • It would be less annoying for sure, I'd support such a change. Its true it would make farming "easier" but the difficulty in farming shouldn't be in how many clicks it takes, but in deciding what to plant, what to water, etc. And honestly, farming is probably the most chill activity one can do in this game, I doubt the dev team intended for farming to be in any real way difficult. Unnecessary clickwork makes the game more difficult in the sense of tediousness, not more difficult in the sense of a challenge.

If farming is to have difficulty, they should introduce weather or climate so you have to choose wisely which crops to plant to get the highest yield, not add a bunch of really unneeded clicking.