Cleric cowl beyond OP.

• XJosh wrote:

Can be used while stunned OR silenced... and cant be purged... come on. You gotta do better than this.
      And leaves you inmobile on a spot with reduced healing. Pros and cons, don't you think?

Now, if you're saying it because of corrupted dungeons, good lord please stop balancing the game around corrupted dungeons, thanks.
    • XJosh wrote:

There are 0 cons. Immobile* for that period of time WHILE RESETTING COOLDOWNS means you literally don't die. (mainly focused on 2v2 hellgates)
      i mean, the enemy is also recovering cooldowns, and has time to cultist robe, assasin hood, wanderlust and can even cook some eggs

Ok no but they can easily do a channel, not to mention it has 1 minute cooldown, so it will save you once but not twice
    • Putting aside its balance in Corrupted dungeons

Cleric cowl is balanced around its long cooldown

it is a get out of jail card against hard hitting spell and lockdown mechanics like one shots and chain stun comps
      one shot combo/mechanics generally has a cooldown of 30 seconds

of course the down side is it being unable to take any action and being immobile
      on top of healing received reduction

some may say it is an up side but in team fights you basically paint your self as a target with 1 less hard defensive

other things such as hunter hood, soldier helm and ect relies on you pre using it before the other side lands their CC
      if the cc lands when you dont have the defences up you are in hot water
      hence why they these skills have lower cooldown of 30 seconds as a tradeoff for skillful play

the other helm that comes close to cleric cowl is the mercenary hood
      it does not block the massive damage you would eat but has a cooldown of 20 seconds to compensate

these allow the so called skill based skills to out rotate their longer cooldown counter parts in longer duels

of course there are some outliner cases like spectre hood merc jacket combo builds which makes the supposedly long cooldown of merc jacket feels short but that is a story for another day

P.S that thing has its own balance issues in corrupted dungeons but is considered balance in the open world/group play due to healing sickness when healers are involved
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • 1) You have ONE free escape against duo 1 Shot builds. And that's definitely. Needed. But demon cape has a faster reset as cleric chowl and then it is free shoot

2) all stacking builds do full stack up, while you cleric chowl. Dot does full stack up while u in cleric chowl. Swords do full stack up while you in cleric chowl..

3) healing benefits like hots are 50% reduced.

It is ONE free out of jail on long CD and it is good it exist.
    • When they essentially removed hunter hood from game with several nerfs combined with making so much shit unreflectable it pretty much left cleric cowl as only defensive option. Why use soldier helm when cleric cowl is double duration and much more reliable. One I suppose could argue the duration of cleric cowl could be nerfed but some defensive needs to exist against one shot.
    • Tabor wrote:

Why use soldier helm
      Could really use a buff as literally any defensive shoe slot outshines it. And the fact that there's no alternative to cleric cowl which would allow to remain mobile. Guardian helmet is simply a much better choice for an alternative.
      CDR down to 25s, or even debuff resist from shreds and purges?
      - You're a monster.
      - Am I?
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Putting aside its balance in Corrupted dungeons

Cleric cowl is balanced around its long cooldown

it is a get out of jail card against hard hitting spell and lockdown mechanics like one shots and chain stun comps
      one shot combo/mechanics generally has a cooldown of 30 seconds

of course the down side is it being unable to take any action and being immobile
      on top of healing received reduction

some may say it is an up side but in team fights you basically paint your self as a target with 1 less hard defensive

other things such as hunter hood, soldier helm and ect relies on you pre using it before the other side lands their CC
      if the cc lands when you dont have the defences up you are in hot water
      hence why they these skills have lower cooldown of 30 seconds as a tradeoff for skillful play

the other helm that comes close to cleric cowl is the mercenary hood
      it does not block the massive damage you would eat but has a cooldown of 20 seconds to compensate

these allow the so called skill based skills to out rotate their longer cooldown counter parts in longer duels

of course there are some outliner cases like spectre hood merc jacket combo builds which makes the supposedly long cooldown of merc jacket feels short but that is a story for another day

P.S that thing has its own balance issues in corrupted dungeons but is considered balance in the open world/group play due to healing sickness when healers are involved
      my only issue with that "stupid" cowl is that it truly counters every single things. imo it should just be split between one version that works when stunt and another when silenced. and it solves the issue you could even justify lowering the CD to 45sec if done that way imo.

but as much as i hate that cowl, i do think it's mostly balanced apart for that little detail since no other items in the game does as much while protecting the user (closest thing i can think of is lifetouch which can cleanse the stunt+silence but still doesn't protect of the damage so still does "less" and it's healing isn't great eitehr xD)

corrupted truly needs it's own balancing apart of the rest of the game and i hope that the devs are thinking a little if it might be even remotely possible to have completely different balancing for CD's compared to the rest of the game since it requires much more tweaks than for the rest to be "healthier"/fun.
    • cheemsburger wrote:

XJosh wrote:

Can be used while stunned OR silenced... and cant be purged... come on. You gotta do better than this.
      It would only make sense for the same guy advocating for the removal of healers to also advocate for the removal of essential defensive items lmao

Healers belong in group content, just not solo. I also see you don't understand what makes an item OP. When an item is "essential" (your statement, not mine) that means it is overpowered, and needs nerfed. Raise your IQ a bit bud.
    • The discussion comes to a valuable result which is:

1) soldier helm is crap
      2) guardian is meh
      3) reflect is nerved to hell
      4) cleanse is not really usefull

I would give cleanse and huge AOE Resi buff on a 12 secs CD
      I would give reflect an add like cleric chowl, can be used while silenced / stunned
      Or buff the reflect again..
    • Trial_hard wrote:

The discussion comes to a valuable result which is:

1) soldier helm is crap
      2) guardian is meh
      3) reflect is nerved to hell
      4) cleanse is not really usefull

I would give cleanse and huge AOE Resi buff on a 12 secs CD
      I would give reflect an add like cleric chowl, can be used while silenced / stunned
      Or buff the reflect again..
      cleanse can already be used while stunned, idk about silenced tho